1.3.6 — Grand:Master
650 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was provided with a small but comfortable guest room. I had assumed the analysis would take a few hours at most, but that was incorrect. Each fifth star analysis could only be completed once per day. Brother Fostas could just barely manage two fourth star attempts in one day, with a few hours rest between. If I only had three branches with five or six ranked abilities each, I might be here for around two weeks. Considering how much I have been using my passive abilities, and how different their effects are, that could easily be the case.

I was seated in that room on the edge of my bed. Before me Brother Fostas took a seat on a stool and reached for my hand. I flinched away, "Y-you shouldn't touch me. That's how Uncle Mathias and I ended up… you know."

"Child, I can only use analyze upon contact. We must persevere through whatever trial is to come. Nothing you do or say can bring shame upon you here. Understood?"

I stared into his tired gray eyes, then nodded slowly, "And I will forgive you anything you might do or say here." It was so difficult to meet his eyes, there was this strange sense of terror, it clutched at my insides and made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

His eyes scrunched as he smiled, the apparent exhaustion remained but there was a lightness about him now. "I thank you for your kindness My Lady but I swear I shall not give need for that forgiveness."

I wanted to retort but that fear held my tongue. The sense of power radiating from him alone was enough to cow my argument. I nodded once more, firmer this time, then held my hand out to him, palm down and fingers draped, as if awaiting a kiss upon my knuckles. I'd seen honorable Ladies do it thus in temple.

He took my hand in his, thumb to knuckle as dry limber fingers curled under mine. There was an electric tingle at the back of my neck and middle of my forehead the second we touched, then it vanished as his eyes widened. "Oh my. What…" His desire rose in my mind, an intense and depraved urge, the kind of thing only the most wicked and heartless being might commit. He was a monster. In that moment, I knew that as my fears were realized.

My gaze into his eyes did not however break away. Trembling, I quietly mouthed the words, "I forgive you."

His lips twisted into a wry smile as his erection swelled to life between his thighs. His hand tightened on mine and the tingle returned, even as his fantasy evolved, strengthened, and began to twist my heart. Fat silent tears rolled down my cheeks as the pressure increased. In my mind I experienced his devouring urges over and over again, built my own fantasy mindscape filled with his needs. I couldn't resist, they were too enticing in a horrifying way. I was staring into the jaws of a predator and wondering how it would feel to be eaten alive.

The pressure climaxed with a sensation like a chamberpot shattering, my skull perhaps. The pain wasn't physical, it was something soul deep and all encompassing. No thought passed the event horizon of that singularity of agony. I couldn't even hear myself scream as my mind was ripped apart at the seams.

An eternity passed. When senses returned I found myself tense, jaw and fists clenched, yet unharmed. I had expected a splitting headache or scattered thoughts, but I was clear headed and focused. Even the depraved nightmare of his was gone, only a memory now. I opened my eyes and found myself sprawled on my bed. My clothes were stuck to my body, slicked by sweat, and a puddle of urine had pooled in my underclothes and dress. It was still warm, so it couldn't have been too long.

Brother Fostas stood over me, his gray eyes troubled and brows knit. Was he going to take his pleasure from me now? I felt an unclean willingness to submit, to sacrifice myself to his desire. I fought that self destructive urge and pushed myself up. The first words I could think to say were, "I may need fresh linens and a bath." That might discourage him from taking me as his prize.

"A maid will be in shortly. I should have placed you on a stool, this result was expected."

I nodded, then repeated his words, "No shame, right?" The terror I'd felt toward him had vanished as if it had never been. In it's place I felt only a disconcerting urge.

"Right," he agreed and his hand reached out, tentatively, then caressed my cheek. I stiffened and shut my eyes tight. A lust bloomed within as his desire was brought back to the surface. I leaned into his palm as I shook like a leaf under his touch. "Neuropathy is not your strongest branch." I could feel only his desire, no emotions, no thoughts. He was a sealed box. I felt a tingle of something not quite fear, anxiety?

My eyes opened and my face tipped up to meet his gaze. "What?" I asked. My vision was blurred, unfocused, and my thoughts heavily distracted. I couldn't read his expression.

"You are as I stated years ago, a fifth star neuropath. That is not, however, your brightest star. When I analyze a person, I see their mind alike a pyramid. The strongest is the foundation upon which the rest is built. Neuropathy is not your foundation. I cannot see the depths of your foundation. You… you surpass me child." Was that fear in his voice?

I quietly begged of him, "C-can you remove your hand? It makes it very hard to think." I could have pulled my face away, he wasn't holding me down or even gripping. His touch was simply a touch, yet I had no will to withdraw.

His hand twitched and removed itself, nearly as reluctant as I was. "Yes, of course. I do not recognize this ability but it is powerful and… and invasive." He shuddered, clapped his cheeks in his hands, then stood straight, "Neuropathy fifth star, Phantom seventy third rank. Congratulations, you're officially a grand master at the age of thirteen. I also had enough stamina left to read your two least powerful skill. Spatial first star, Pocket first rank and Dimensional second star, Anchor second rank"

I stared up at him, still trembling as the echos of his hunger faded away. It took a moment to focus upon his words, then once I did, I had to ask, "Anchor? Pocket?"

"Anchor is a passive resistance to manipulation of your place and time in the universe. At first star, it's a minimal resistance, but would probably save you if you stumbled into a teleport trap or another first star tried to slow you. At second star, you're pretty firmly rooted."

"Slow me?"

He briefly explained, "Increase the relative rate time passing."

"You can do that? Control time I mean? Can you reverse time too?"

He shook his head with a wry smile, "The ultimate dream that all Time Magi seek, no, reverse time travel is not possible. You can jump forward, speed up, or you can slow down, but you cannot return to the past." As he spoke he began to sway from side to side and his eyes drifted away from my face, then back, and away again. He shook his head and slapped his cheeks once more, "Enough, I'll send the maid in and return to my chambers before I pass out face first in your soggy bedding. I'll come to you again tomorrow night after I've completed my duties."

I climbed out of bed as he stumbled away, then bowed curtly, "I thank you for your diligence Grand Master. Goodnight." He caught himself on the door frame and fumbled with the latch for a moment without looking back, then slipped out. I heard his muffled voice once, then he was gone. He never explained pocket.

A moment passed as I stood there, my legs grown chill and itchy where the urine had started to dry. No shame, I reminded myself, though it was hard to adhere to that sentiment, especially when the door opened again and a woman of incredible beauty and grace entered. She moved as if she were floating, not even a hair bobbed with her steps. She bowed low, incredibly so with back her ramrod straight and perfect balance.

19