Chapter 6: Before School Starts
246 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Before School Starts

The days that followed were quite fulfilling for Kyle, as he spent every day holed up in his room, experimenting with various spells.

Despite coming from a wizarding family, Kyle's opportunities to cast magic before school were scarce, almost non-existent.

Firstly, for both Chris and Diana, their wands were incredibly important, almost like a second life. They wouldn't just casually hand them over to Kyle to play with.

Only during Christmas and Kyle's birthdays would he get to hold them and satisfy his curiosity.

Of course, Kyle understood the weight of the situation and only practiced simple spells like the illumination charm or the unlocking charm, which even if failed, wouldn't have any adverse effects on the wand.

Another point was the wand compatibility.

Even though he was Chris and Diana's son, their wands showed no favoritism towards Kyle. The feeling of resistance was quite evident.

Especially with Diana's wand, it was no different from an ordinary stick in Kyle's hand. No matter how hard he tried to cast spells, there was no response whatsoever.

Therefore, Kyle mainly spent his time with Quidditch, herbology, and magical creatures, rarely encountering real spellcasting.

After eleven long years of waiting, he finally had his own wand. Naturally, he had to try it out.

Chris didn't object to this and would even enthusiastically offer guidance from time to time, enjoying the experience of being a teacher.

As a result, Kyle's room was almost constantly illuminated with flashes from various spells.

It wasn't so bad in the first few days, as Kyle practiced basic spells that wouldn't affect others.

But as time passed and the number of spells he mastered increased, problems began to arise.

...

In the living room, Chris, who was drinking black tea, watched as the teacup placed opposite him suddenly left the table and began to float slowly upstairs.

However, Chris seemed accustomed to this and calmly pressed the teacup back onto the table, even tapping it lightly with his wand.

After doing all this, he looked up and shouted, "Kyle, when you cast the summoning charm, be sure to have a clear target in mind. Also, I suggest you start by summoning a quill, or parchment, at least they won't break."

"Okay, Dad."

Kyle responded, but Chris wasn't sure if he actually listened. He figured it was highly unlikely.

After all, situations like today's had happened several times already. The number of repairing charms he had cast in a single day exceeded the total of the past ten years combined. He had no choice but to cast anti-summoning charms on every fragile item in the house.

"Whoosh..."

As he was thinking, a piece of bread flew past his head and stuck to the ceiling with a "plop".

"..."

Admittedly, in terms of effect alone, Kyle's progress was significant. At least this time, the summoning charm was much faster than before.

"Sigh!"

Chris sighed and calmly waved his wand, sending the bread back to the kitchen. At the same time, he silently praised Diana's wisdom and foresight.

Thanks to her confiscating Kyle's cauldron on the first day, who knows what kind of chaos this house would be in.

Eleven-year-old wizards truly lived up to their reputation of being a nuisance, both the Weasley next door and his own son were no exception.

Fortunately, these days were coming to an end. Hogwarts would start tomorrow.

What good news!

Chris picked up his black tea and took a leisurely sip.

...

Time flew by and it was soon evening.

Diana didn't return as she had a mission.

Chris, who was clueless about cooking, readily accepted Mrs. Weasley's invitation and brought Kyle and some prepared ingredients to the nearby Burrow for dinner.

His actions unsurprisingly drew Mrs. Weasley's displeasure. She considered bringing ingredients when visiting as inappropriate and a sign of distrust in their friendship, scolding him for it.

Chris didn't argue, simply tossed the things in his hands into the kitchen, and chuckled along in agreement.

As for Kyle, he had already naturally blended in with the Weasley children.

He was already used to this scene.

Their family didn't have house-elves, so whenever Diana couldn't return from a mission, the father and son would come to the Weasleys' for dinner.

And this kind of scene would play out every time they came, it had become a regular program.

In the open space not far away, Kyle was helping the Weasleys clear out gnomes.

Saying "clearing" was more like playing.

One person would grab the gnome's legs and toss it into the sky, while another person, holding a wooden stick, would bat the gnome away like hitting a Bludger. The one who hit the furthest would be the winner of the game and would receive the first prize, a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.

Initially, Chris didn't support this kind of game, thinking they should just throw the gnomes out, no need for a bat.

That was until one day, he discovered that the cloak grass he had painstakingly cultivated for a year and was about to mature had been dug up by these gnomes. After that, he never stopped Kyle again.

Even on Christmas a few days later, he gifted Kyle a well-crafted bat with the autograph of the Wimbourne Wasps' Beater.

The bat was very comfortable to use and had a great hitting feel. So far, it had helped Kyle win the championship five times in a row.

Today was no exception.

"This isn't fair."

Looking at Kyle's signed bat and then at the wooden stick he had picked up, Ron grimaced and said, "The equipment gap is too big."

"It's not that exaggerated. Equipment is secondary, the important thing is to have the will to win in your heart. I win, not because of my equipment, but simply because I want to win more than you."

Kyle said calmly, and even picked out a red bean and tossed it over, "Also, Ron, before you complain about equipment, at least try to beat Ginny. The stick she uses is much smaller than yours."

There were five people participating in the game, and Ron was the last one. Even Ginny's score was several meters further than his.

After Kyle finished speaking, Ron's face flushed red. Losing to his younger sister in this aspect was indeed not something to be proud of.

However, his attention was quickly drawn to the Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean that Kyle had tossed over.

Bright red, it looked beautiful, as for the taste... it was raspberry!

As expected, the Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans that Kyle gave him were always delicious.

The sweet sensation in his mouth made Ron involuntarily squint his eyes, and at the same time, a hint of envy arose in his heart. He really didn't know how Kyle did it, he could always pick out the best-tasting Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.

He wasn't so lucky. Every time, it was either liver or spinach, he even tasted dragon dung flavor once.

The stench of that one, mixed with the fermented rotten berries, was simply invincible. Ron felt his stomach churn just thinking about it.

16