Chapter 7: The Dinner Party
240 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: The Dinner Party

A box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans was presented, and Kyle gave one to Ron, and took one for himself, leaving the rest for Ginny.

The little girl held the box thoughtfully, then ran back to Kyle, wanting him to help her pick out the flavors, at least to remove the ones that tasted like earwax or worse.

Kyle expressed his understanding of Ginny's request, then resolutely refused.

Young people, he reasoned, should always try new things.

Besides, what was the advertisement for Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans? "Every mouthful is a new adventure!" That was the biggest feature of the beans.

Without surprises, could they still be called Every Flavour Beans? No, they would just be ordinary jelly beans.

So, it wasn't that he was lazy, it was all for Ginny's good.

After playing in the open space for a while longer, Mrs. Weasley's familiar voice finally came from the direction of the Burrow. Dinner was ready.

Everyone, already starving, threw down the sticks in their hands and began to walk back in groups.

Kyle walked at the front, with Ron following closely behind. But before he could take two steps, he was pushed aside by the suddenly appearing twins.

Caught off guard, Ron almost fell headfirst into a nearby gnome hole. This made him very angry, and he glared at Fred and George, his face showing that if they didn't apologize, he would rush over and bite them.

Ron might have been serious, but unfortunately, he was destined to get no response, because Fred and George's attention was on Kyle from beginning to end. They never even glanced at Ron and naturally didn't know what he was thinking.

Besides, even if they knew, they probably wouldn't care. Bullying their younger brother wasn't something they did for the first time, and they were quite familiar with the process.

Even though Ron looked furious now, as long as he didn't want to get beaten up, he wouldn't take the initiative to attack. Then, after a few days, a little bit of saved-up snacks could perfectly resolve the matter.

At that time, it would be brotherly love again, a happy and harmonious family.

Therefore, the most important thing now was to deal with Kyle.

What happened in Diagon Alley last time was considered by the twins as the biggest stain in their lives. They had always wanted to get back at him, but Kyle hadn't left the house for the past few days, giving them no chance for revenge.

But going directly to his door seemed too deliberate and could easily arouse Kyle's suspicion. So Fred and George had to temporarily suppress their desire for revenge; they needed a suitable opportunity.

For example, now.

Because of the addition of Chris and Kyle, eating dinner in the room was a bit crowded, so Mrs. Weasley set up the dining table in the yard.

After Kyle habitually came to his usual seat, Fred suddenly winked and quickly walked over to sit next to him.

Although George didn't know what his plan was, relying on the amazing tacit understanding between the two, he immediately sat on the other side of Kyle.

"Hmm?" Seeing this scene, Kyle was a little surprised. This was the first time he had seen the twins sit separately.

Then, Kyle raised his eyebrows slightly, "They're up to something."

The twins were so obvious that if he hadn't noticed something was off, he would have been too slow.

But because he didn't know what they were up to, Kyle didn't act rashly and continued to pretend that nothing had happened, helping Mrs. Weasley set the plates.

Soft and crispy bread rolls, fluffy baked potatoes, fragrant roast chicken, golden fried chicken nuggets, juicy veal steaks...

Although they were all old friends, the scale of the meal was considered sumptuous.

Of course, Kyle didn't expect to eat anything else here, he just hoped that the house-elves at Hogwarts could give him some surprises.

He didn't expect Chinese food, but French food would be fine, even spaghetti or pizza or something.

After the last plate was brought to the table, everyone took their seats and dinner officially began.

Kyle was extra careful, afraid that he would accidentally eat something strange.

He didn't want to die of embarrassment in public.

...

Under Kyle's vigilance, nothing happened.

The twins were also the same as usual, telling jokes while eating to make everyone happy, without any abnormal behavior.

Until dinner was halfway through, which was when the table was the most lively.

After telling a joke about a greasy-haired Slytherin, Fred seemed to suddenly think of something and turned his head, "Hey, George, Kyle is going to Hogwarts tomorrow, should we give him some help? Like telling him some things to pay attention to during the Sorting Ceremony, after all, it's very dangerous."

George instantly understood and pretended to think for a while (actually trying to swallow the steak in his mouth) before cooperating, "I don't think it's necessary, Fred. We have to trust Kyle, he's very powerful. Just an adult troll, Kyle can defeat it and pass the Sorting Ceremony smoothly."

"I think you're right, George." Fred nodded seriously and said, "And a proud man like Mr. Kyle Chopper would not accept our advice, he wouldn't even call us 'seniors'."

Fred's plan was simple, to scare Kyle before he started school by using the Sorting Ceremony. If he could make him stay up all night, it would be even better.

In this current situation, this prank would not only not be stopped, but it could even get off-site support, which was simply perfect.

Fred looked at Kyle smugly, he was going to get revenge for Diagon Alley.

...

As Fred expected, their conversation instantly aroused the interest of the nearby adults, who joined in.

The Sorting Ceremony of new students had always been a reserved program for graduated wizards in the English wizarding world. They tirelessly used this same topic to deceive generation after generation of young wizards.

This time, it seemed to be Kyle's turn.

"Honey, don't believe them." Mrs. Weasley was the first to express her position, first "severely" reprimanding the twins, and then looking at Kyle, "It's not that scary, it's just passing a test from a group of ghosts, not dangerous at all."

"Molly, how can you lie to a child?" Mr. Weasley was not willing to be left behind, trying his best to put on a stern face, glaring at his wife and saying, "Kyle is a great kid, we can tell him the truth, I believe he can tame a Hippogriff alone."

"Hippogriff? Isn't it a dragon?"

Chris was slightly stunned, then resolutely said to Kyle, "Son, trust your dad, it must be a dragon. And according to my speculation, this year it should be a Hungarian Horntail."

...

"Oh, I see."

"Well, yes, I can."

"I believe you, Dad."

Kyle was like a nodding machine, agreeing with everyone after they finished speaking and showing the corresponding expression at the right time.

Mrs. Weasley was relieved.

Mr. Weasley was determined.

His father was hesitant.

The wizarding world was pitiful, what kind of entertainment could they have? It was nothing more than Quidditch and tricking children. They had so little fun, so he might as well cooperate with them. It was just acting, not a difficult task.

Everyone was satisfied now, which was good.

...

The table was harmonious and happy, and no one noticed that in the corner of the table, two helpless figures were shivering.

 

The 'Read Ahead' service for this fan fiction is now available! Unlock up to 20 advanced chapters by becoming a patron on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/jodex7

15