Chapter 8 Mr. Weasley’s Ambition
167 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 Mr. Weasley’s Ambition

 

The adults' customary bluffing behavior definitely couldn't fool Kyle, but it wasn't entirely fruitless either. At least they frightened Ron and Ginny, who were on the side, quite a bit.

Especially Ron, who was initially quite interested when the topic came up, listening with enthusiasm, wanting to accumulate some experience in advance for next year's start of school.

But the more he listened, the uglier his face became.

Trolls, ghosts, Hippogriffs, and the like were fine. Although outrageous, as long as he turned and ran when the time came, there should still be a chance of survival. After all, the Hogwarts professors weren't just for show.

But what about dragons?

XXXXX-level magical creatures, even an adult wizard might not survive an encounter, let alone an eleven-year-old young wizard. I'm afraid that by the time the professors finished their spells, he would have already been blown to ashes by a sneeze.

Is this f*cking school?

Ron's heart turned to ashes, and he even had the thought of running away from home. He didn't want to go to Hogwarts anymore, really didn't want to go, he just wanted to live.

Ginny on the side wasn't much better.

Her small face was pale, and her originally beautiful red hair had dimmed a lot.

"What's wrong, Ginny?"

Seeing this scene, Kyle, who was sitting opposite, asked with concern, "Why aren't you eating anymore? Are you feeling unwell?"

"No, no."

Ginny didn't want to admit that she was scared in front of her family. Seeing Kyle looking at her, she hurriedly shook her head and said, "I'm just full."

A nine-year-old girl doesn't have a big appetite, and having eaten half a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans before, Ginny was indeed almost full by now.

About eight points full, just at a state where she could eat or not. However, the sudden topic of the Sorting Ceremony made her little remaining appetite disappear completely.

"Is that so? That's a pity."

Kyle didn't notice anything strange, just stood up and calmly put the untouched grilled fish in front of Ginny onto his plate.

Grilled fish is not like other food, once it gets cold, the taste will be greatly reduced, which would be too wasteful, so it's better to eat it himself.

It is also worth mentioning that Mrs. Weasley's grilled fish skills are very good, belonging to the kind of secret skill.

However, because she has to take care of a big family Lydia, and picking fish bones is a rather troublesome task, so under normal circumstances, only on important holidays can one taste Mrs. Weasley's craftsmanship.

Of course, there is also partly because the price of fish is relatively expensive in the wizarding world.

But anyway, Kyle had been craving it for a long time, so naturally, he couldn't just watch this delicacy go to waste.

Ginny knew this but did not stop him.

She originally wanted to save the grilled fish to the end to savor it slowly, but after learning that she would have to face dragons in two years, she was in no mood to eat anymore, and could only watch with heartache as Kyle stuffed the grilled fish that belonged to her into his mouth.

In the end, she simply turned her head, out of sight, out of mind.

At the same time, Fred and George next to them sighed in unison.

They had also been eyeing that grilled fish for a long time, but Kyle was too quick, they didn't even have a chance to make a move.

The unwilling twins turned their eyes to Ron.

Unfortunately, Ron didn't have Ginny's habit, his grilled fish had long turned into bones, and he gnawed them clean, so clean that a Flobberworm could slide off it.

"What's wrong, Ron, are you afraid of dragons?" Fred narrowed his eyes, concealing his true intention while also showing rare concern for Ron's current state, and patted his shoulder kindly, comforting him, "Don't worry, dragons only appear once a year, by the time you enroll, they should be replaced by another magical creature."

"I think it's spiders." George immediately added, "I saw them in the Forbidden Forest, each one as big as a goblin, maybe that's what Hagrid prepared for the Sorting Ceremony."

"No!"

Ron's entire body went numb, and the panic in his eyes soared rapidly, he instinctively threw down his cutlery and ran back to the Burrow screaming.

It could be seen that Ron was frightened, he didn't even notice how badly the twins were laughing as he ran away.

However, the twins weren't completely without consequences.

"George, why were you in the Forbidden Forest?"

Mrs. Weasley keenly discovered the crux of the problem, and looked at the twins with a serious expression, "I don't recall Hogwarts allowing first-year students to go to the Forbidden Forest."

"Mum, I can explain..."

Fred and George wanted to run, but they, who were only in their second year, were obviously no match for Mrs. Weasley and were quickly caught.

Then came the familiar scene of motherly love and filial piety.

Although this scene had been played out countless times in the past eleven years, Kyle still watched with relish, even his appetite improved a lot.

The twins had been to the Forbidden Forest, Kyle didn't doubt that, but the spider thing was probably made up to scare Ron, but they didn't expect to accidentally hit the mark.

After all, the Acromantulas in the Forbidden Forest are not harmless little cuties, if they really encountered them, they would probably have settled down in the Forbidden Forest by now.

Moreover, Kyle remembered that the Acromantula's lair was still deep in the Forbidden Forest, and Fred and George couldn't run that far.

The twins are not called Harry Potter, they like pranks, not courting death.

About twenty minutes later, the dinner was almost over, although there were some small episodes in the process, but it could be considered a happy gathering for both guests and hosts.

At least Kyle was very happy.

After briefly tidying up the table, Percy went upstairs to review his homework.

Carrying a small bundle, Ron, who wanted to run away from home, was caught red-handed, and now he replaced the twins, being chased around the yard by Mrs. Weasley.

Mr. Weasley and Chris, on the other hand, changed places to continue their chat.

"Chris, your acting was too exaggerated."

In The Burrow, Mr. Weasley says with regret, "It's just the Sorting Ceremony, how could there be dragons? Little Kyle is so smart, he must know we were lying to him."

"No, Arthur, you're wrong this plan was doomed to fail from the beginning."

Chris shook his head and said helplessly, "Kyle has spent at least two months with Mr. Scamander every year since he was three years old, do you think he would be afraid of trolls and Hippogriffs?

Also, Arthur, have you forgotten that Kyle's surname is also chopper?"

"Uh..." Mr. Weasley was stunned for a moment, scratching his head with slight embarrassment, "You mean, he, like you, can communicate with magical creatures?"

"Of course." Chris nodded and said, "So he can't possibly be afraid of Hippogriffs, I guess only dragons can make him feel nervous."

Mr. Weasley glanced at Chris and said with some envy, "What a magical ability if only I could communicate with those Muggle items too."

"???"

Chris was momentarily speechless, and chuckled dryly, "Actually, it's not as exaggerated as you think, this talent is limited to magical creatures, like rats, toads, owls, and other ordinary animals, it doesn't work, you can only rely on experience to guess what they mean."

Chris's meaning was very clear, even if Mr. Weasley one day used some strange magic to change his surname to chopper, he would only be able to say a few words to Floo Powder or Golden Snitches.

As for toasters or cars... give up, it's impossible, don't even think about it!

 

The 'Read Ahead' service for this fan fiction is now available! Unlock up to 20 advanced chapters by becoming a patron on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/jodex7

9