Chapter 9: Hogwarts Express
230 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the English wizarding world, September 1st is a very important day, especially for wizards over eleven years old but not yet graduated.

This is the day Hogwarts starts.

Young wizards who have just turned eleven look forward to it day and night, hoping that this day will come soon.

However, wizards aged twelve to seventeen may not think so, because the start of school means the end of the happy summer vacation, and they have to face the homework they have forgotten for a whole summer.

This is not good news.

This is especially evident in Kyle and the Weasley twins.

In the open space in front of the Burrow, Kyle, standing at the front, was very excited, while Fred and George behind him were nervous, and from time to time, they would whisper to each other, as if it was their first time going to Hogwarts.

Yes, Kyle is here too.

Chris originally planned to take him directly by Apparition, but just before leaving, he happened to meet Mrs. Weasley who came to knock on the door.

Mrs. Weasley seemed to have guessed that he would do this, and the first thing she said to Chris was that there were too many Muggles at King's Cross Station, and using Apparition would easily be seen, which was too unsafe, and she insisted on letting Kyle go with them.

Chris wanted to say something else, but seeing Mrs. Weasley's firm attitude, he could only swallow those words back down and nodded in agreement.

Kyle, on the other hand, rubbed his forehead helplessly.

He wanted to tell Mrs. Weasley that, in the eyes of Muggles, nine people getting out of a Ford was much more terrifying than two people suddenly appearing out of thin air.

After all, there is no Ganges River, and Ford is not a car with a certain diamond-shaped logo that can accommodate as many people as you want.

Unfortunately, he was only eleven years old, his words carried little weight, and he was directly ignored.

Just as he was thinking about this, Mrs. Weasley suddenly came to Kyle's side and asked with concern, "Dear, have you packed everything?"

"Of course." Kyle, who came back to his senses, kicked a big box at his feet and said, "I checked it three times before leaving, nothing is missing."

"That's good." Mrs. Weasley nodded with a smile.

While they were talking, Mr. Weasley also drove an old-fashioned car that looked quite old and parked it in front of everyone.

This is their means of transportation for this trip, a ninth-hand Ford that they got from somewhere, but Mr. Weasley loved it very much and treasured it dearly.

"What are you waiting for, get in the car."

Urged by Mr. Weasley, Chris got into the car first.

Seeing this scene, Kyle knew that it was too late to say anything, so he could only follow helplessly, followed by the Weasley family.

The interior of the car was cast with an Undetectable Extension Charm, even with nine people and a pile of luggage, it didn't feel crowded at all.

Mr. Weasley's driving skills were very good, Kyle didn't feel any obvious bumps along the way, nor did the car suddenly brake or jerk forward when starting, much better than a certain bus.

Around ten o'clock, they arrived at King's Cross Station on time.

Fortunately, the situation that Kyle had anticipated did not occur, or rather, the people around them simply did not pay attention to a broken and old Ford car. The group smoothly arrived in front of a pillar between platforms nine and ten.

Once here, there was no need to worry about being discovered by Muggles.

There is a Muggle-Repelling Charm nearby, ordinary people will subconsciously ignore everything that happens here, and even if there are occasional special circumstances, the nearby Ministry of Magic personnel will deal with it immediately, it is very safe.

Everyone lined up skillfully, under Mrs. Weasley's command, they passed through the pillar in front of them one after another and arrived at the famous Platform 9¾.

It was much more lively here than outside.

A deep red steam train was parked beside the platform, with a sign on it that read: Hogwarts Express.

"It seems I'm not late." A gentle voice came from behind Kyle.

Hearing this familiar voice, Kyle turned his head abruptly and saw Diana looking at him with a smile.

"Mom?" Kyle was surprised, "Didn't you still have a mission..."

"Of course, it's finished." Diana squatted down and tidied up Kyle's clothes, "Today is your first day of school, such an important day, I don't want to miss it."

"That's good." Kyle was also very happy.

If only Chris came to send him to Hogwarts, it would indeed be a pity.

Diana talked to Kyle for a few more words, and only sent him on the train when it was about to depart, and finally instructed, "I think Chris should have told you about the general situation of Hogwarts, so I won't repeat it, but there is one thing I think he probably didn't say."

Diana looked at Kyle with her deep blue eyes and said seriously, "Honey, your father and I both graduated a long time ago, and we don't want to recall our school life back then, so please don't let us receive any letters from any professors, including Dumbledore, can you do that?"

"Don't worry, Mom." Kyle smiled, "I won't break any school rules, they have no reason to send letters home."

"Of course, dear." Diana kissed Kyle's cheek lightly and watched him get on the train, "Also, don't forget to tell us the Sorting results."

"I will." Kyle nodded, then turned and boarded the train.

A few minutes later, the train slowly pulled away from the platform, and Diana retracted her gaze.

Not far behind her, Chris also just finished talking with a middle-aged man and came to Diana's side in a few steps.

"Is Mr. Diggory showing off his son again?" Diana laughed.

She also knew the person who was talking to Chris.

Amos Diggory, like Chris, works at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures of the Ministry of Magic and also has a child who attends Hogwarts. However, he is one year older than Kyle and is in the same year as the Weasley twins.

But unlike the mischievous twins, the child is excellent in all aspects, similar to Percy back then.

Therefore, Diggory, a baby-showing maniac, almost every time he talks to someone this year, he will praise his son.

Once or twice is fine, people will also echo a few words of praise, but he can't stop talking about it, who can stand it?

So Diggory gradually became one of the most unpopular people in the Ministry of Magic, especially those parents whose children go to Hogwarts but have average grades, unless necessary, they would never meet him.

Even if they occasionally bump into each other, they would walk past with their heads down, trying not to talk if possible.

Those who really can't avoid it, such as encountering him in the elevator, or colleagues like Chris who work in the same department as him, will also find an excuse to leave immediately after exchanging a few words, never giving him a chance to change the subject.

And this time, Chris obviously couldn't avoid it.

"Cedric is indeed very good."

Chris smiled bitterly, "Forget it, let's not talk about this, is your mission finished?"

Although he didn't know the specific situation of the Department of Mysteries, he also knew that the missions that could appear there were at least measured in months, and it was almost impossible for a situation like this to be completed in two days.

"Of course not." Diana squinted and said, "But my colleagues are all very easy to talk to, just take a short leave, they won't say anything."

 

 

If you want to read ahead, hop on my Patreon! Access 20 advanced chapters starting at just $3 before anyone else. See you there!
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jodex7

14