Chapter 10 Cedric
219 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Kyle boarded the train, the first few compartments were full.

There was no way around it, who let him be the one to get on at the last minute, it wasn't easy to find an empty seat at this time.

Kyle carried his luggage with a Levitation Charm and walked to the end before finally finding a relatively spacious compartment at the back of the train.

There was only one boy in this compartment, about the same age as him, and his appearance... although not as good as himself, but much better than the two Weasley twins.

"Knock knock..."

Kyle knocked on the compartment door and politely asked, "Hello, can I sit here? Everywhere else is full."

"Of course, please do." The man said quickly.

"Thank you."

After entering the compartment, Kyle first put his luggage on the luggage rack and then extended his hand to the other person.

"Hello, I'm a new student this year, Kyle Chopper."

The person seemed to be thinking about something and didn't respond immediately. When he reacted, he quickly reached out and said, "Oh... sorry, Cedric Diggory, an in second-year student at Hogwarts."

Cedric?

Kyle was a little surprised. He didn't expect to meet an "acquaintance" just after getting on the train, the future Hogwarts champion, no wonder he was so handsome.

Kyle remembered that his family also lived near St. Catchpole Village, but for various reasons, the two had never met.

Not even once.

Kyle had also gone to look for him a few times at the beginning, but the Diggory family's door was always closed, and over time, Kyle gave up.

He didn't expect that the first time they met would be on the train...

However, seeing that the other person seemed to have something on his mind, Kyle didn't say anything more. After a simple greeting, he took out the book "The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1" that he bought from Flourish and Blotts and started reading.

The other person continued to be in a daze.

The rain started to drizzle outside the window at some point. It's always like this here, the rain always comes as it pleases, without any warning.

Kyle looked up at the window and didn't care, he was used to it, and he also liked to read in this kind of environment.

Under Kyle's influence, Cedric also stopped being in a daze and took out a book to read. Judging from the cover, it should be "The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection".

Reviewing Defense Against the Dark Arts on the train to school is perfectly normal for Hogwarts students.

After all, no one knows how long the professor of this course will last this year, in case he croaks after two classes, so it's always good to review in advance.

For the next period, the only sound in the compartment was the sound of parchment turning, which formed a stark contrast to the noise outside the corridor.

However, this situation did not last long.

Cedric hadn't even finished reading two pages when the compartment door was opened again.

"Finally found you, Kyle."

"We specially saved you a seat, but you stood us up and made us wait foolishly until now."

"I think you should apologize to us."

Fred and George leaned against the door and questioned Kyle one sentence at a time.

And both of their expressions were quite angry as if Kyle had done something outrageous.

"I can apologize."

Kyle calmly closed the book in his hand and said, "But only if you swear on Dungbombs that what you just said is true."

In an instant, the anger on Fred's face turned into entanglement: "Well, can I swear in the name of the Headmaster?"

George did the same: "Or Professor McGonagall will do."

"No!" Kyle shook his head, "It can only be Dungbombs."

...

"Oh, George, I think Kyle must be taking the Hogwarts Express for the first time and is not familiar with this place, that's why he didn't find us."

"Yes, Fred, it's not his fault, we should pay more attention to the outside."

The twins looked at each other and tacitly ignored what they had just said, squeezing into the compartment as if nothing had happened.

Inevitably, they also saw Cedric.

Fred showed a mischievous smile, "Look who it is, I can't seem to remember."

George raised his eyebrows, "Of course, it's our good boy of Hogwarts, Mr. Cedric Diggory, the Light of Hufflepuff."

As soon as they finished speaking, Cedric's face flushed red. The series of embarrassing prefixes made him so embarrassed that he almost dug a hole in the train.

But he couldn't refute it.

Because the titles of "Good Boy" and "Light of Hufflepuff" were both spread from his father. In just one summer vacation, everyone in the entire Ministry of Magic knew about it.

Of course, this also included their family.

Therefore, during this summer vacation, almost half of the letters that Cedric received were addressed to the "Light of Hufflepuff".

The other half were from classmates from Muggle families who didn't know about this.

It was precisely because of this that he deliberately chose this most secluded compartment, but he didn't expect to be discovered, by the two most troublesome people.

"Please, let me go!" Cedric put his hands together and begged, "I can lend you my homework."

As he spoke, a stack of parchment was placed on the table.

The twins originally wanted to tease him a few more times, but the price he offered was too high.

That's the homework of the top student in the grade!

George's expression became serious, he quickly hugged the parchment in his arms, and said solemnly, "What are you talking about, Cedric, of course we know you didn't mean it, we were just joking."

"That's right." Fred also nodded, "Don't worry, we won't laugh at you because of this."

...

Fred and George left with smiles on their faces, looking like they had just picked up Galleons.

Once they left, Cedric also breathed a sigh of relief, and looked at Kyle with some embarrassment, "Sorry, I..."

"I should be the one to apologize." Kyle interrupted him and said, "After all, they were looking for me, otherwise you wouldn't have been discovered."

Cedric shook his head with a wry smile and said, "It's only a matter of time."

He could hide on the train, but once he arrived at Hogwarts, he wouldn't be able to, he would have to face it eventually, it was just a matter of time.

Moreover, the sudden appearance of the Weasley brothers was not a bad thing, because they made Cedric see a way to solve this problem.

That is homework.

As the top student in the grade, his summer homework was still in high demand, as could be seen from the reaction of the Weasley brothers just now. So using homework to shut up the mouths of Hufflepuff and Gryffindor should not be a problem.

As long as he could control them, this matter would be 80% solved.

As for Ravenclaw and Slytherin... considering the personalities of these two Houses, they probably wouldn't join in this kind of fun, at least most people wouldn't, even if there were a few occasionally, it wouldn't matter.

As long as the people from his own House didn't make a fuss, and without the participation of those energetic lions from Gryffindor, this matter would be over in three days at most.

Three days only, it would pass quickly.

Thinking about it this way, Cedric suddenly felt that things didn't seem so bad.

Titles of the upcoming chapters:

Chapter 11: I Don't Have the Surname Weasley, How Could I Break School Rules?

Chapter 12: Scabbers and Rat Tonic

Chapter 13: The Little Witch and the Rat

 

 

If you want to read ahead, hop on my Patreon! Access 20 advanced chapters starting at just $3 before anyone else. See you there!
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jodex

15