Chapter 11: I Don’t Have the Surname Weasley, How Could I Break School Rules?
244 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11: I Don't Have the Surname Weasley, How Could I Break School Rules?

After getting rid of his worries, Cedric became much more cheerful. He stopped reading and took the initiative to talk to Kyle, "Hello, can I call you Kyle?"

"Of course." Kyle nodded, "Actually, my father also works in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, and is a colleague of your father."

"Your father?" Cedric was stunned for a moment, then asked uncertainly, "Is it Mr. Chris chopper?"

"Yes," Kyle said.

Cedric suddenly realized, "Your surname is chopper, and you know the Weasley brothers... oh, I should have guessed, we're still neighbors!"

With this connection, the relationship between the two quickly became much closer, and they interacted more naturally, feeling like old friends who had known each other for a long time.

Even though they had never met before today.

"By the way, Kyle." Cedric seemed to remember something and asked curiously, "I remember I went to find you before, but you weren't home. At that time, my father also told me that you had been studying with Mr. Scamander since you were very young, and that you would achieve great things in the future.

Is that true? Have you been studying with Mr. Scamander all this time?"

Cedric was too curious, after all, that was Scamander.

Although there are many celebrities in the English wizarding world, most of them are only famous in their own countries.

For example, some textbook authors, novelists who have won the Order of Merlin, Third Class, etc., they may have a certain degree of fame at Hogwarts, but once they go to other places... such as Ilvermorny or Beauxbatons, people simply don't know who you are.

There are actually only a few wizards who can be truly renowned throughout the wizarding world and have their portraits printed on Chocolate Frog Cards while they are still alive.

And Scamander is one of these few people.

Being so close to a legend for the first time, Cedric was naturally very curious.

...

On the other side, Kyle was looking at Cedric in disbelief.

He had also looked for him, and he was also not at home. This was a bit too coincidental.

And Mr. Diggory, wasn't he in the same office as Chris? Where did he hear such gossip, how could he have been with Grandpa Newt all the time.?

Kyle rubbed his forehead speechlessly, thought for a while, and said, "First of all, the statement that I will achieve great things in the future is definitely correct, but my father is a student of Newt Scamander, I just simply go to his place to play."

Newt is not like Dumbledore, he has a very serious social anxiety disorder. When he was young, it was better, although he didn't like to talk, he could still make a few friends, fight against the Dark Lord, or take a few students, teaching them some knowledge about magical creatures.

But since Grindelwald was imprisoned in Nurmengard Tower, Newt rarely participated in those social activities anymore and devoted himself to magical creatures.

Especially in the past thirty years, he has hardly spoken to strangers, and his social anxiety has naturally become more and more serious.

You expect such a Newt to be like a Hogwarts professor, giving lectures to a young wizard every day, and then checking for gaps and correcting homework?

Impossible.

And Newt also knows very well that his personality is not suitable for being a teacher. In his opinion, whether it is a professor or a teacher, they should be like Dumbledore.

So Chris is his last nominal student.

In the decades that followed, although many people had this idea, and some even invited Dumbledore to be a lobbyist, Newt rejected them all, without exception.

Newt didn't want to mislead his students, even if the other person didn't mind, he couldn't get past that hurdle in his heart.

Kyle went there at first just because Chris and Diana were too busy with work to take care of him. It just so happened that Newt's wife Tina also learned about this and took the initiative to take Kyle over.

While helping Chris, Tina could also find something to do for herself.

Think about it, living with a husband who doesn't like to talk and only has magical creatures in his eyes is enough, if Tina hadn't found something to do for herself, she would probably have gone crazy.

Kyle was just six years old at that time, according to Tina's experience, it was the time when people and dogs hated him, maybe he could cure Newt's social anxiety disorder.

When their grandson was this old, he annoyed Newt enough, talking more in one day than he had in the past month.

And in this regard, Kyle didn't disappoint Tina.

Although he wasn't a brat, he was curious, and it was the first time he saw so many magical creatures, so he couldn't help but ask questions.

Perhaps because these questions were all related to magical creatures, although Newt rarely spoke actively, as long as Kyle asked, he would answer them seriously.

In this way, he naturally spoke more, and willingly.

In short, all three of them were very satisfied.

It is precisely because of this that, even though Chris and Diana were not so busy later, Kyle would still go there for a while every year.

...

Of course, Kyle didn't intend to tell Cedric these things, after all, Newt's image still needed to be maintained.

A reclusive legendary magical zoologist is much better than a socially anxious old man.

So after a brief explanation, Kyle didn't intend to continue this topic. Talking too much would easily reveal the truth, so it was fine like this.

"By the way, Cedric, what do you think of the professors at Hogwarts, are they all easy to get along with?" Kyle naturally looked at the book "The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection" beside Cedric and said, "You know I'm going to school for the first time and don't know much about these things, what if I accidentally offend a professor and make him angry, will I be expelled?"

"You don't have to worry about that at all."

Cedric didn't suspect anything and said with a smile, "The professors are all very good... well, at least most of the professors are very good. And even the strict... cough, even the strictest professor will not easily expel students.

Unless you do something that seriously violates the school rules and discipline."

When he said the last sentence, Cedric's expression was very serious, and his mouth opened and closed slightly as if he wanted to say something but didn't know how to say it.

Seeing this, Kyle also guessed what he wanted to say, and quickly waved his hand and said, "Don't worry, I don't have the surname Weasley, I definitely won't break any school rules."

Hearing him say this, Cedric breathed a sigh of relief, "Sorry... I didn't mean that."

Kyle shook his head, "It's okay, I know."

Since they were talking about Hogwarts, Cedric also became interested and told Kyle some more details in the following time.

For example, the annual Defense Against the Dark Arts professor can be ignored, the Transfiguration professor who is obsessed with turning into a cat is the most majestic... and most importantly, the Potions professor who doesn't wash his hair loves to deduct points, etc.

It was similar to what Kyle knew, nothing new.

 

check my patreon for advanced chapters starting at just 3$
https://www.patreon.com/jodex7

16