Chapter 3
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let me introduce you to R.A.V.E or better known by their actual names, Roman Whitefang, Armoni Darkfire, Valen Stormmoon and Emmett Swiftheart. The third generation Gods of Ironwood Society or Ironwood Clan, as it all started.

Well, I should start by saying that they’re all studying abroad, coming from different clans within the ‘Society’ or ‘Pack’ that branch right up to the olden days before wolves could shift into humans.

Before the first generations, we were all just split into clans, later joining hands and becoming a society.

I’m Ari Ravenfur just so you know.

Back to the introduction, those four motherfuckers, there’s nothing really special about them besides the fact that they’re all alpha’s but won’t be leading their respective clans, but if the alpha were to die by some unforeseen accident, then, of course, but they’re not the Beta or Gamma just a bunch of hotshots—handsome hotshots.

And one of them, Armoni Darkfire to be specific, is my mate—we’ve been mated for ten years and I’ve only known that I’m his mate for eight so you can just imagine the emotions I went through when I ran to him but he didn’t acknowledge me—he had two years to get over me and I guess he did seeing that he left with the rest of RAVE.

And when I say he didn’t acknowledge me, I mean, his family and friends don’t know that he, the well-respected alpha male, is mated to none other than me, a twenty-six-year-old warrior. I don’t understand it myself, but we could’ve figured it out together, couldn’t we?

Why’d he just pretend I didn’t exist?

I was a kid then; I knew nothing, but now, guess what?

That motherfucker is coming back home.

I never told anyone too, so I guess I’m part of the problem.

“I smell like sweat,” Clara Ravenfur said beside him. She lifted her arms and smelled her armpits as Ari looked at her.

He chuckled with a shake of his head, “I don’t think you need to go that far to tell that you smell.”

She rubbed her fingers against her sweaty stomach and looked at the sports bra she had on. “You know what? I’m going to be so lazy today.”

They had just gotten back from their patrol duties.

Recently, there have been many spontaneous attacks on packlands. The elders of Ironwood Society suspected it was because of the red moon’s arrival.

Ari leaned his body against hers, saying, “I want to sleep. Let’s attend the briefing and go to sleep.”

“Don’t forget to wash,” she said with a grin.

He rolled his eyes. “Only you forget.”

Grabbing a seat on the grass as they waited, Ari laid down and closed his eyes.

I’m nervous. I haven’t seen him in nine years and it doesn’t matter that he frequently visited the pack. It was just for his family, not for me. I’ve also managed to keep my distance, but how will I keep that up when he’ll be here twenty-four-seven as of tomorrow?

“Do you think we’ll be mateless?” His wolf Ivy asked.

Ari sighed, shaking his head. “I don’t know. I’ll just pretend he doesn’t exist as alway.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. It’s been hard on the both of us for so long,” Ivy whimpered.

“We’ll have to be stronger than this, my love,” he said.

Clara looked down at him and smiled. She could sense that he was having a conversation with his wolf, everyone around them could. It was just something they all knew, but even if you knew, it doesn’t mean they knew the contents of what was spoken.

“Briar says she wants to fight him,” Clara said.

Ari sat up, staring at his cousin and nodded his head. “Definitely, tomorrow morning before our shift.”

She beamed as her fist bumped into the air. “Yes!”

Lainey Moonclaw jumped onto them from behind, “Oh, I’m watching, by the way, wanna go clubbing, a bunch of us wanna go mess with the humans, get laid, probably.”

Ari held his fist to Lainey. “Count my ass in.”

Clara chuckled and shook her head, “Not interested, maybe next time. My dad’s on my ass after what happened last time.”

Ari raised a brow. “Sure enough.”

Lainey chuckled, she ruffled Clara’s hair, “Girl, you’re always in trouble, I feel sorry for your mate.”

“WOLVES UP!” commanded the Beta, Luther Howling.

Standing at attention, they watched as the Alpha walked onto the deck. Bowing to him, then taking a seat, they listened.

Lawrence Darkfire, the alpha and, in some words, my brother-in-law. His eyes shined with brilliance and dominance but also anticipation. His baby brother was returning, and the pack had been preparing a banquet for their arrival.

I can only sigh. They’re all upright. I don’t blame Armoni for keeping me his secret. He used to have a girlfriend, you know, but she was a year older than him. When she came of age, she ended their relationship. It was heartbreaking. Everyone cried–Armoni wasn’t her mate and we all know why by now. She found her mate, at least. They even got married, but she had to move away because her mate belonged to another pack.

Those other bastards are single too, or at least that’s what I know—I’m not interested in gossip.

“I’ll keep this short. We are up in arms with the attacks. I just want to extend my gratitude to everyone for doing their best at protecting the pack,” Lawrence said.

He extended a hand as he looked toward Ari and said, “Ari, please come here.”

Ari frowned inwardly as he got up. He jogged up to the deck and stood beside the alpha. Looking over at all the others, he put on a confident face.

Lawrence put a firm hand on his shoulder, saying, “I cannot express how proud I am to have a warrior like you in our clan.”

He looked at the crowd and said, “Everyone take a look. In four months—three months, three weeks and five days, to be specific—this young man, who is only twenty-five years old, killed a total of thirteen rogues.”

Ari turned his head to look at Lawrence, embarrassed, saying, “Thank you, alpha, but you’re embarrassing me.”

Laughs broke out between all of them.

Ari’s father Garreth howled in the crowd and clapped his hands the loudest proudly.

Lawrence chuckled and looked at Garreth. “How can you be embarrassed when your brothers and pack members are happy?”

I just don’t like the attention.

Nodding his head, “It’s an honour to serve the pack.”

“Yes, it is. And this is why we are going to reward you. We are giving you the rest of the month off,” he said.

It’s not much of a reward.

“Thank you, alpha,” he said with a bow, then bowed to the pack members, who continued to clap.

When Ari sat down, Lawrence said, “Next on the agenda, our third generation alphas are returning permanently, so there will be changes around here, good changes, but what those changes are will be announced at a later date. For now, everyone who wants to move into the pack house should do so before the end of the week, and that goes the same for the mated wolves and others who want to leave the pack house. There are plenty of homes open. Just speak to your luna about it.”

Luther whispered something in his ear, then Lawrence clapped his hands once. “Okay everyone. Next on the agenda, we’re hosting the annual Wildheart Gala this year. All members of age are to attend, and I do hope that you will find your mates, unlike my brother.”

Ari felt his heart squeeze and placed his head between his knees. Clara placed a hand on his back and rubbed it. Leaning against him, she said, “Maybe you’ll find your mate.”

He chuckled as he looked at her. “I don’t care to find my mate. I’m just glad I got time off. Looks like you’re going on patrol alone tomorrow morning.”

She faked a sob, then punched him in the side.

“Are we clear?!” Lawrence asked in a commandingly loud tone.

“Yes Alpha!”

0