SECOND – Unity, trust and peace
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

22/08/2007 - 28 days left

A witch was born from the Witch Commanders: she had to be impeccable, cruel and cold, but that wasn't the case, the girl proved to be full of compassion - a compassion that had to be taken from her by force if necessary. Her parents' constant psychological and physical abuse resulted in the child developing a personality disorder, and when she turned five she decided to escape from that hell. Running aimlessly from her home, she bumped into a camp of Hunters, who were the Witches' greatest rivals; the little girl, however, was warmly welcomed by the chief of the tribe, but he was the only one who treated her well, as everyone else in the village despised her. One night, years after her escape, she decided to set fire to the camp and in the midst of the chaos she found a child who was alone, with no help from her parents, no friends, both were incredibly similar in so many ways... the older girl decided to save the poor child. The two built a hut in the middle of a magical forest, and then they grew up together, one helping the other.

.

.

.

 

Shiroh suddenly got out of bed, hyperventilating and sweating profusely: "What the hell, this again? It never ends..." The little bit of light coming through the curtains of her window revealed a corner of the room, there was an empty bed, the walls around the bed were full of posters, stickers and drawings, very different from the rest of the aesthetics of the room, Shiroh sighed: "I miss you, Urash". She decided to get out of bed, going to the kitchen and drinking a glass of water; she looked at the ceiling, immersed in thoughts.

- If I were to usurp the throne of Olympus and assassinate the Commander... hmm, I think it would be pretty cool to make a triumphal entry like that, I think that depending on the impact the Commander would realize how incredible and wonderful and perfect I am and hand the place over to me - Pause - I AM A GENIUS! IF I GO TO THE OLYMPUS LIKE A HOTTIE, I mean, not that I'm not already, WHO WOULD DENY ANYTHING TO A HOT WOMAN LIKE ME??? That's it, it's done! 

In the middle of Shiroh's chaotic conversation, which ended up getting carried away and talking too loudly, Chizuro is woken up. In a very bad mood, she goes into the kitchen.

- aAAwww Shirooô... shut up please, I want to sleep... - she mumbled, rubbing her eyes

- Shhhh Chizu, I'm in the middle of planning something that will change my life and yours! I think I'm a modern-day Aristotle - She approached her sister - Think about it, if you saw a really hot girl, or guy, whatever, and she asked you for something... would you deny her? 

- What? - Chizuro looked confused, barely able to process the whole scene

- A VERY HOT AND ATTRACTIVE PERSON ASKED YOU FOR A FAVOR, WHAT DO YOU DO?

- Shiroh. You're not going to seduce the Commander. I already told you. - Her response was so natural that it seemed as if she'd heard it more than five hundred times before

- No, no, Chizu, you don't understand - She led her sister over to the sofa, making her sit down - Ok, my plan is like this...

For the rest of the night, Shiroh kept Chizuro "awake" monologuing about her wonderful plan of how to usurp the throne of Olympus without having to murder the Commander. Fortunately, Chizuro, accustomed to Shiroh's "dawn talks", had mastered the art of sleeping with her eyes open, so she was able to get a good night's sleep. 

The sunlight was beating down on Shiroh's face, and after spending the whole night telling about her "wonderful" plan, she fell asleep. Chizuro had been awake for quite some time and, as usual, she was tidying and cleaning the house. At the table, Lullaby and Ouhi were playing poker:

- And take that ace of hearts, and that of spades, and that king and TAKE A JOKER, AND I choose that now the suit will be... gold! - In an exaggerated manner, Lullaby constantly threw the cards into the middle of the table

- Damn - Pause - I mean! Haha that's great, I've got a lot of gold suits! - She said as she picked up cards from a pile in the corner near where they were playing, until she dropped a card in the middle of the table.

- Too bad, Ouhi! - Lullaby played her last card on the table - I WON!

During all this commotion, Shiroh was woken up by Lullaby's screams. Calmly, she stretched, looked around and turned on the TV. It didn't take long for Shiroh to get up from the sofa and see what Ouhi and Lullaby were playing:

- What's that? - She said

- Poker. - Lullaby said

- Wasn't it UNO? - Ouhi replied

- No????? This isn't even a UNO card, dumbass - said Lullaby

- But poker isn't played like that... - Confused, Shiroh tried to find some logic in the situation

- WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT???????????????????????????? - Surprised, Lullaby got up from the table

- But Ouhi knows how to play poker, doesn't she? Didn't she used to go to casinos and stuff? Didn't she explain it to you? - Shiroh looked towards Ouhi, who looked away

- Ouhi? YOU TOLD ME THAT'S HOW YOU PLAY POKER!

- You said you wanted to play UNO, but we only had poker cards, so I did it with what we had... - She shrugged, rolling his eyes.

"Once again, there's been another attack in the city, the sixth this week alone. The numbers are increasing all the time, and it seems that the attackers have a specific target. In the meantime, the Commander of Olympus has again refused interviews, keeping herself locked up in the Pale Palace. On the other hand, Satan constantly gives interviews, which are always cut short, censored or interrupted due to his use of a lot of swear words and obscene gestures." "It's understandable that the Commander denies so many interviews, isn't it? For the time being the attacks have been under control, a problem on Earth shouldn't be a headache for the Almighty, besides there are countless Celestials living on Earth among the humans, surely they can deal any major problem." The midday newspaper quickly interrupts the three's animated conversation, Shiroh rolls her eyes:

- AND THIS BITCH IS GOING TO LEAVE THE JOB TO US? How many people have been killed by these attacks, she's just neglecting her duties. Disgusting. - Complained Shiroh

- Do something then, you only know how to complain, you're not much better than her, Shiroh - Ouhi said a little uninterested, resting her face with one hand

- Don't say that about my beloved and perfect Shi, she's just a little shaken up after what happened - Lullaby immediately began to defend Shiroh.

- Haha, a "little"? She has nightmares every night, and she's a little shaken up? If that's not enough, imagine me then - Ouhi laughed

- Awn, poor thing, she's a depressive sufferer, she's going to throw herself off the 20th floor, isn't she? - Lullaby said as she stretched to reach Ouhi across the table.

Meanwhile, Shiroh stared deeply at the TV, seemingly too immersed in her own thoughts.

- Oh come on, Ouhi, you've broke Shi - she said as her face was pushed back by Ouhi - You've been too cruel to her!

- You're too easy on her, that's for sure - She complained.

- I ruined her life, that's the least of it - Pause - LIES! I'VE MADE HER LIFE BETTER WITH MY PRESENCE, HAVEN'T I, SHII? - She jumped on Shiroh, hugging her. She didn't react at all, just like a block of concrete. Lullaby instantly looked at Ouhi - Fix her now! COME BACK! What have you done to her?

- Talk to July, she's the Goddess of Curses... I may be the Goddess of the Apocalypse, but I haven't done anything to Shiroh - Silence - For now, heh - She laughed. Lullaby stared at her, probably cursing her in every language she knew, that is, one - Well, there's Nakano too, she knows a thing or two about curses. Maybe she'll be able to do something with the curse we put on the two of them - she said, looking at Chizuro.

- Yeah, it's been a while since we got physically fit, maybe we won't have to rely on their curse - She said

- Ouhi, repeat your last sentence - After a long time, Shiroh finally said something

- Uhhh "Maybe she can do something with the curse we put on both of them"? 

- No, before that - She turned towards Ouhi

- "There's Nakano-" Her speech was cut off.

- THAT, THAT, NAKANO, NAKANO! - Pause - I remember very little about her, more than what I saw in the newspapers, tell me more about her. 

- She's a witch who lives in the dark part of the Mythical Forest nearby. Why? 

- DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE GOING TO CHEAT ON SHIDOU!!! - said Lullaby

- No. Ouhi, do you think she'd want to talk to me? 

- I don't know, she's kind of unfriendly, thick, insensitive, but depending on the day she seems like a different person. So it depends on your luck. Ah, but maybe you can talk to Fuan, she's more of a nice person to talk to. 

Shiroh turned towards Chizuro, who until now had been busy cleaning the house. 

- CHIZURO! TOMORROW WE'RE GOING TO THE FOREST! 

- Why?- Chizuro stopped what she was doing, totally bewildered

- IT'S VERY IMPORTANT FOR OUR FUTURE! YOU'RE COMING.

- YAAAAY! WE'RE COMING TOGETHER Ouhi! - Lullaby jumped, too excited

.

.

.

 

The next day had arrived, and there were the four of them standing in the middle of the Mythical Forest:

- I know the way to the dark part, so just follow me - said Ouhi.

- I wouldn't trust her... - Lullaby said a little suspiciously.

- You're literally sisters, how can you not trust her? - Indignant, Shiroh retorted

- Chizuro, do you trust Shiroh? - Lullaby said as she followed Ouhi

- No. - She answered monosyllabically, as always

- TAKE IT! - Lullaby started laughing loudly, even making some birds fly away

- SHHHHHHH, shut up Lullaby. All of you, be quiet. If you wake up the Half-Plants, or even the Forest caretaker, we're fucked. - Ouhi said

- Why? - Whispered Lullaby

- We're both literally R.P.S's and the two back there were the goddesses who made contracts with us, I don't think we're welcome in a place that's supposed to be pure and peaceful. 

- Do you hear that, Shiroh? We're not pure. - Said Lullaby, still whispering

- You're not pure at all - Shiroh laughed

The forest was very beautiful and calm, its pure air filling the lungs of all who passed through it, leaving its visitors with a feeling of peace and calm. Not only that, but the roots, leaves, trunks, flowers, grasses and even the animals all seemed to be in harmony, almost as if they all came together to form a kind of "concert" between the fauna and flora. Even though it was a forest, everything could easily be compared to a work of art, every detail, every branch, every tiny grain of seed, everything seemed incredibly perfect and hand-sculpted with the greatest care in the universe. All these factors were crucial to the literally mythical atmosphere of the forest, which soon made the four visitors feel welcomed by the forest. However, after a few minutes of walking, the air of calm and peacefulness is soon shattered, as a few meters away the forest suddenly becomes the complete opposite. Twisted trunks, tall dry grass, roots coming out of the ground and intertwining, infested with crows that seem to analyze the four of them coldly, a thick fog preventing them from seeing meters ahead and the rotten smell indicating that there is a swamp nearby, but none of this meant anything next to the large mansion, which, in the middle of the treetops, stood out. The aura of that house was completely different from the rest of the forest, and it was very clear that they were not welcome there at all. 

- Uhhhhhh, this is giving me the chills... I'M SO DISgusted I THINK A FROG WALKED ON MY LEG! - Shiroh screamed

- Give me a break, you've been through worse. - Chizuro seemed indifferent to the whole atmosphere

- Ah people, it's a witch's house, what did you expect? - commented Lullaby

- Haha, but it's not just any witch. You've probably seen pictures of her all over town and in the newspapers, right? She's extremely sought after all over the country, both she and her partner. - Ouhi seemed excited about something

- Look at the kind of person Shi's going to ask for help - complained Lullaby

- AND YOU'VE GOT A LOT OF MORALS, RIGHT LULLABY??????? - Shiroh replied

- Of course, I'm cuter than that witch!

- Oh I doubt it, Nakano looks attractive... - Said Ouhi

- Eyyyyy what's that Ouhi, PURSUING THE WITCH??? IS THAT WHAT I HEARD? - She started talking louder than usual - OI CHIZURO LOOK AT THIS!!! SHE'S CHEATING ON YOU!!!! 

- But we're not in a relationship... - Chizuro looked at the three women in front of her, not understanding their conversation

- You're a killjoy... - muttered Lullaby.

During all the commotion, they eventually arrived at the mansion's gate. The imposing and frightening air of that mansion would send shivers down anyone's spine, including the four of them, but the worst part was that the house seemed to be watching them, almost as if it were a living being with its own consciousness. Ouhi opened the large gates, their creak echoing throughout the forest, which sounded more like a scream of agony than a simple creak. She was the first to enter the mansion's garden, followed by Lullaby, Shiroh and finally Chizuro.

- Looks like Nakano's in a good mood today - Ouhi observed the place

- THAT'S HER IN A GOOD MOOD? I DON'T WANT TO COME HERE WHEN SHE'S IN A BAD MOOD - Shiroh considered going back.

- Well Shiroh, big dreams means big efforts... - Lullaby commented

- Bro, what are you talking about, Lullaby? - Shiroh replied

- Trying to teach a lesson, ironic - Ouhi looked at Lullaby, laughing

- Guys, I feel like I have a low reputation among you. 

- She thinks so, poor thing... dear, you have a low reputation with EVERYONE, not just us - Ouhi laughed

- You'll see, one day I'll appear to Shidou, he'll love me and then I'll steal him away from Shi. - Lullaby retorted

- Try me. Try Lullaby. I dare you. - Shiroh stared at Lullaby

They stopped in front of the mansion's large doors. Being so close to the house, it was very clear how big and tall it was. 

- Fuck, that's what I call an imposing house. When I grow up I want to live in a house like that. - Lullaby said

- Haha, to your disgrace, I'll soon be living in the Pale Palace. And I'm NOT letting you in!

- As if I want to go in there, I left Olympus with my head held high! - Ouhi said

During all this talk, Chizuro took the lead and knocked on the door. 

- Focus, for God's sake! - Chizuro shouted

- I'M NOT MENTALLY PREPARED FOR THISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - Shiroh panicked

- Calm down, breathe, the most that will happen is that you'll lose an arm, or two... she's in a good mood today. - Pause - Well, that's if you don't spoil her mood... heh - Ouhi held in his laughter

- You're not helping, Ouhi - grumbled Lullaby.

Shortly after the knock on the door, the two doors open, but no one is there to answer them. 

- Holy shit the door opens by itself, obviously it had to open by itself! - Shiroh commented

Lullaby pushed Shiroh inside. When she realized the situation, Shiroh could only look back and see them waving at her, then the door quickly closed.

- NICE, GUYS! That's it, now we'll leave her to die! - Lullaby celebrated

However, just as the door closed, someone appeared between the three of them. But meanwhile, with Shiroh.

- COMMON' GET ME OUT OF HERE FOR GOD'S SAKE I'M GOING TO DIE HERE! LULLABY I'M GOING TO GRAB YOUR HAIR AND KILL YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH! - Shiroh desperately banged on the door, without any response - What a pain, okay... calm down, it'll be okay, anything, I'll beat the shit out of that witch... - She took a few deep breaths.

Aimlessly, she walked around the mansion trying to find somewhere that seemed important or something, but it didn't take her long, as the mansion itself seemed to indicate where she should go. Within a few minutes, she came across two large imposing doors at the end of a corridor, and she calmly walked up to the door and knocked twice. It opened, revealing a large office, where there were many shelves full of books, some stuffed animals, a globe, potions, glassware, beakers and other chemistry accessories. But what was most striking was the large desk just in front of a huge window, giving a view of the whole forest, but these are just details, the most important thing was the person sitting behind the desk.

Wearing a large pointed hat covering part of her face, with rattles on the end, two buttons on the hat, seeming to form a little face, an entirely black overcoat covering her entire body, hair so dark purple it looked like black and her purple eyes lifeless, analyzing Shiroh's every action. Nakano was sitting in her armchair, with both feet on the table and one of her hands used to support her head, her purple eyes standing out in front of the whole office, those totally dull eyes fixed on Shiroh. She slowly walked over to the desk and continued watching Nakano, trying to gather the courage to start a conversation. 

- So why should I waste my time on you? Just introduce yourself, it's impolite to keep me waiting you know... - Nakano grumbled, in a totally harsh and uninterested voice

- OH YEAH, OF COURSE! - She didn't expect her to start a conversation so quickly - Well, I'm Hisui Shiroh, but it can just be Shiroh. And... I wanted to ask you for help - she smiled a little forcibly

- Help? - She frowned

- Yeah, I hate the Commander of Olympus, so I've been wanting to get her out of power, but I don't know how to do it, so I wanted you to help me conquer Olympus. 

- What's in it for me? 

- Uhm... I don't know? Like, I don't know, the favorability of the next Commander? Isn't it nice to have credit with me? 

- First of all, your personal interests aren't mine. Secondly, I don't care if you or someone else likes me more or less, I'm talking about real gains, Hisui. Thirdly, if that's all, you'd better leave before I lose my temper. - Nakano seemed to get increasingly irritated

- NO, BUT CALM DOWN! There have been a lot of attacks in these areas, so that probably irritated you, right?

- It makes no difference, and I don't need help from a nobody. I alone can handle monsters very well.

Shiroh remained silent, it seemed that all her arguments had been crushed by Nakano. 

- Well, if that's all, get out of my house - She waved at Shiroh. She began to work some kind of magic, probably to send her out.

  Shiroh slammed both hands on the table, leaning on it. 

- Wait, Nakano. 

She stopped working her magic, took her feet off the table and straightened her posture.

- Know very well that if you can't convince me, you're dead. 

- It sucks having to hide your identity, doesn't it? However, if you help me investigate the attacks, I'll drop all your charges and declare you a partner of Olympus. 

- Who says that's my interest? - Nakano replied harshly

- So what the hell do you want from me? I'll do ANYTHING, just please help me. 

Nakano looked Shiroh up and down, sighing.

- You're not good enough, you're worthless. You came here without a plan, without arguments, purely driven by self-interest and you barely have an idea of what you want for your future. You're driven by the way things are going and you decide everything at the last minute - Pause - Let me guess, you decided to come here at the last minute because you had a crazy idea in the middle of some stupid discussion - Faced Shiroh - Tell me the truth, you're only here to prove something to yourself, aren't you? Maybe some regret from your past, do you feel powerless, useless? Did you lose someone important to you and blame yourself for it? - She laughed - What a cliché story, spare me, Hisui, I've got better things to do. You're not the protagonist of this world. - Nakano got up 

"No, there has to be something else, something. Come on, Shiroh, think, think". 

- Umbrakinesis - Shiroh whispered 

- What? 

- No, it's just that I once heard that witches are usually interested in umbrakinesis. But maybe you already have control over it... - She sighed.

Nakano looked Shiroh up and down again. 

- Now that I've taken a closer look, did you sign a contract with a Reaper and Possessor? 

- Oh yes, actually, she, my sister and another reaper, who my sister made a contract with, came along with me... 

- Of course, them - Nakano took a deep breath - Well, if you made a contract, I hadn't noticed... but you're a goddess, then. I didn't realize it at first - Pause - You weren't always a goddess, were you?

Shiroh was surprised.

- Yeah, I was originally a kitsune. Well, they usually have nine tails, I had ten. 

- Hoho, she's different from the other girls - she laughed.

- That's not funny. 

- Well, Hisui, you must be a strong goddess then... assuming that if you weren't born a goddess, but are today, your Power Level is ten. Let me see... if you beat me in a battle, I'll help you with whatever you want, deal? - She held out her hand to her

- REALLY, THAT'S IT? - She shook Nakano's hand - WITH PLEASURE!

- Not to brag, but I've already defeated a goddess just like you. She was also a kitsune, then she became a goddess - Pause - Come to think of it, you're kind of alike...

- Oh God, do I have a clone?

- No, you're totally different in appearance, I'm talking about your aura. Maybe it's because you were two kitsune goddesses... - Pause - Fuan, bring the three of them here.

Lullaby, Ouhi and Chizuro are quickly teleported to the office, and a fourth girl appears next to them. About 1.60m, with straight silver hair in a ponytail, she is a languid figure; she wears a short skirt, ¾ socks, a blazer, tie and gloves. However, matching her silver hair, her serious, golden eyes makes the girl not only unique, but also very beautiful.

- DAAAAAAMN hat tea was so good Fuan... - Said Lullaby, who had barely arrived and started shouting

- That's good to know, Miss Lullaby - Fuan calmly said, seemingly undisturbed by the shouting. 

- Keep it down, Lullaby! - Ouhi said as she slapped her sister on the back

- FUCK, FUCK, FUCK YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH! 

- Hey, no swearing around Fuan - Nakano looked sharply at Lullaby.

- So, Shiroh, did you manage to make a deal? - Chizuro asked

- Oh yes, I'm going to punch Nakano, then she'll see if she'll help me or not - She smiled

- If you survive, right - Nakano laughed

- Oh my dear, I'm stronger than I look... 

- No, you're not - Ouhi laughed, followed by Nakano

- Okay, but now that we've become besties, I think it's worth getting to know each other better - Shiroh said

- Really? Well, if you tell me about your past, it's better because I'll find out about your weaknesses - Nakano teased back

- Oh, I'll only tell you if you tell me yours first!

Nakano sighed and sat back in her chair. She snapped her fingers and four chairs appeared.

- Well, I don't mind telling you, sit down. Fuan, can you make some tea or coffee or whatever, please? - The girl just nodded and left the room

- So, here goes the story...

0