THIRD – The delicate deadly flower and the wicked gentle witch
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

24/08/2007 - 26 days left

It was late at night and a tall girl, about 1.67m, was walking through the empty streets of the city, her long white hair reflecting the light of the moon, which was full today. Completing the woman's slender appearance, her crimson eyes calmly observed the city as she walked. On top of a building, not far away, two girls were lying on the rooftop, watching the stars and trying to guess the constellations. The first had long black hair and the same color eyes, she was watching the second girl, who was pointing at the stars; this one had pink hair to her shoulders, her eyes the same color as her hair. The girl with the white hair stopped her walk and looked in the direction of the other two who were watching the stars, smiling. However, in the blink of an eye, her smile changed to an expression of surprise, perhaps as if she couldn't believe what she had just seen. In front of the building where the others were, a gigantic demon, bigger than the building, had appeared there, but as if that wasn't enough, it had the girl with the pink hair in its hands. The one on the ground could only watch the scene, she fell to her knees and started crying incessantly, while the other, with the black hair, immediately pulled out a sword and tried to attack the demon from all sides, who barely seemed to feel anything. Meanwhile, the one in the demon's hands was having her organs and bones slowly broken and torn apart by the hand that was closing in on her, squeezing her, her screams of pain and agony echoing through the empty city. The other two couldn't do anything: One just stood in tears watching the scene, while the other's attacks only managed to make a small cut in the demon's horns. Finally, the creature threw the girl's collapsed body to the ground and it disappeared completely.

.

.

.

 

Gasping, Shiroh jumped out of bed: "Shit, again. Seven times, seven times this week alone. It just keeps getting worse and worse, what a drag." She slowly got out of bed, and found herself in a different room then her own. She had spent the night at Nakano's mansion, after the battled they had all day, Shiroh had won. However, this was due to Shiroh's desperate use of umbrakinesis, which caused Fuan to have an anxiety attack and faint, causing Nakano to lose focus for a few seconds, thus resulting in her defeat. Finishing reminiscing about the past, Shiroh left her room, already hearing a commotion in the distance. Looking out of the windows, the sun was beating down on her face, indicating that it was already morning, so she headed towards the screams. After some time looking for the direction of the shouting, she found herself in the kitchen, which was gigantic, but it was obvious that this didn't catch the girl's attention, but Lullaby arguing with Ouhi and Nakano. A very common sight, one that Shiroh had become accustomed to.

- YOU FUCKING WITCH, YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO TOUCH MY BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, WONDERFUL SHI!!! ONLY I CAN! - Lullaby screamed, trying to reach Nakano

- Lullaby, for the love of Satan, have some respect for the hostess! IF SHE WANTS TO SHE'LL KILL YOU RIGHT HERE AND NOW, SO ENOUGH! - Ouhi held Lullaby by the arms, preventing her from getting close to Nakano

- Shiroh lets whoever she wants touch her body, besides, it was a battle, it was almost impossible for me or her not to touch each other's bodies. - Nakano didn't seem the least bit moved by all Lullaby's attacks and curses

Meanwhile, Chizuro was helping Fuan organize and make breakfast. The two seemed to be getting along incredibly well, perhaps because neither of them had any unnecessary dialogues, exchanging only simple words like "Yes" and "No". Seeing this whole scene, Shiroh calmly enters the kitchen, heading towards the shouting.

- Lullaby, it's okay... just relax. Besides, you're worried about Nakano touching me, but you should be more worried about Shidou - She smiled - You don't even know where he... - Her speech was cut off

- WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHIROH? HUH SHIROH? HUH SHIROH? - Lullaby directed her shouting at another target

- Such indecency... - Nakano commented to herself

- Well, the average age at which young people lose their virginity is usually between fifteen and sixteen. Assuming Shiroh is eighteen, I'd say it's been a while since she lost it. Maybe not even with Shidou... - Ouhi replied

- Really Ouhi? THEN CHIZURO IS WELL PAST THE AGE TO GET FUCKED, THEN. - Pause - Or to be the one who fucks, but then I'm not interested in knowing her preferences - She turned towards Shiroh - Ah, but my love, even if I'm a top, if you want to get on top of me I don't mind - Lullaby winked.

Shiroh looked seriously at Lullaby.

- I'm not a pedophile, thank you. - She replied

- All things considered, I'm past that age too - Nakano 

- Well, if you're looking for that, I know some places - Ouhi replied immediately, looking like she'd been waiting for someone to say that

- Ouhi, my God, you're both underage - Shiroh seemed indignant at the whole conversation

- Awww, she thinks she's better just because she's eighteen! - Lullaby laughed

- I'm the oldest here, so I can. 

- THE OLDEST AND LEAST MATURE, FUNNY! - Ouhi laughed

- If anything, even Fuan is more mature than you - Lullaby laughed.

- Lullaby, you're messing with me - Shiroh started snapping her fingers while staring at Lullaby.

- It's okay, I'm a masochist. You can hit me - She looked serious, even too serious

While all this was going on, Fuan and Chizuro were finishing organizing the coffee and had even set the table. 

- Excuse me, I'm sorry to disturb your lively conversation, but the coffee is already made. Please follow me. 

Fuan walked calmly into their midst, then headed out of the kitchen and into the next room, which had a large table in the middle, where all the breakfast had already been served.

- Please sit down - She said as she pulled out the chairs one by one and waited for them all to sit down.

.

.

.

 

They had all finished eating, but they still remained at the table, chatting.

- Well, tell me more about your plan, then, Shiroh - said Nakano.

- Of course. So, you've heard about the attacks and the monsters who are killing people, right?

- Yes - She answered calmly

- So, the Commander of Olympus - Shiroh said with displeasure - is neglecting her task of solving all this shit, but listen. If a really cool goddess comes out of nowhere and solves this whole problem, don't you think her reputation will go through the roof? 

- Huh, it's hard to say... but maybe? - Pause - Maybe the Commander will call you to give you a medal or something. Because it's just some little problem on Earth, it's pretty obvious that someone like her isn't going to worry about something like that.

- EXACT! That's what I want to prove - Shiroh looked excited - The Commander is the Almighty, the strongest being in the universe. What weak beings assume is that she's too important to care about people like them. But if she is technically the leader of all leaders, she should take responsibility for everything that happens in the entire universe. After all, if there's a problem that nobody can solve, she should be the one to solve it, shouldn't she? 

- Hm, you have a good point - Nakano seemed interested

- So, if I destroy this problem on Earth, which nobody cares about because there are only 'mortals', and prove that there are very important people here, I'll be called to Olympus. And then I'll destroy her entire reputation, and if necessary, take over her throne. 

Nakano sighed, she seemed to have lost all her enthusiasm.

- Well, it's a nice idea, but... you just said it, the Commander isn't just anyone. Shiroh, you're not ready, mentally or physically, to be the strongest person in the universe. Just think, if it hadn't been for my foolishness, I would have beaten you. 

- And besides, she's still under my curse, right? - Lullaby joined the conversation

- Oh yeah, it would be interesting if you told me more about that - Nakano commented

.

.

.

They were all gathered in Nakano's office, there was a map of the city under the table and they stood around the desk. Nakano pointed to things on the map and often circled and drew on it. 

- So, if we analyze it, the next attack should be in two days' time, and it will probably be in this area here - She pointed to a part of the map - If this logic is right, we can predict all the other future events. And if little by little we destroy those monsters, we can gather enough information to lead us to the root of it - Pause - Or even draw the attention of whoever is controlling those monsters, and if that happens, they'll try to catch us off guard. So never, ever let your guards down. - She looked at Shiroh and Chizuro - Especially you two. That said, Fuan and I won't be able to help much because we're wanted all over the country, but we'll try our best to support you. If necessary, we'll go into battle.  

- And in return for all this, I'm going to help you with your studies on umbrakinesis, right? - Shiroh replied

- Yes. Fuan still has a lot of trauma from this magic, so I really wanted to understand how it works better, since even I don't have complete control over it - She took a deep breath - Well, that's it! You're all dismissed, we'll meet back here in two days, okay? 

.

.

.

 

Two days later, Shiroh and Chizuro were standing on the sidewalk, waiting for the signal to open. The two sisters looked normal, like anyone else passing by, especially since Chizuro was wearing a school uniform. During these two days they had practiced and revised the plan several times, it was impossible to go wrong.

- Tell me, Shiroh, why the hell do I need to wear this thing? 

- You're sixteen, so it's obvious that the best way to pretend we're completely normal is for you to act like a sixteen-year-old - Shiroh held back a laugh - Come here, isn't this signal taking too long? - Shiroh started to cross the street, even though the light was closed

- You're talking about being normal, but you go and almost kill yourself crossing the street - Chizuro ran after Shiroh

- Relax, being hit by a car is nothing - Shiroh shrugged

- Exactly, if you're thrown across the street by a car and you don't die, that's when they'll realize that you're not human at all, stupid. 

- Okay, enough of that, now let's get to the next bombing site, before it's too late 

Perhaps as if she had heard, or by pure coincidence, the instant Shiroh finished her sentence, an explosion was heard, followed by screams and car alarms beeping, not far away. 

- Yeah, it's late - Shiroh said as she immediately started running in the direction of the explosion, followed by Chizuro. She put her fingers to her temples and began to speak - Nakano, can you hear me? Over, hello, hello, hello? 

- You know you just have to say it and she'll hear you. There's no need for all this drama - Chizuro grumbled

- But so far she hasn't said a word, she hasn't complained about how slow and useless we are and whatnot. 

- You're too slow, for God's sake - They both heard a voice echoing in their minds, it was Nakano

- Ah, just sayin' - Shiroh laughed - Relax, girlie, we're coming.

- Disgusting Hisui, NEVER refer to me like that again - The echoing voice sounded disgusted.

- Rude - Shiroh muttered

After Shiroh said this, they stopped running, they had arrived at the place. Leaving the alley they had taken as a shortcut, they came across a fire spreading throughout the street, cars, stores, houses, trees and plants all on fire. It was still possible to see some people running around in desperation, and in the midst of the fire, there were some calls for help.

- Chizuro, you find the people who haven't escaped yet and save them. I'll take care of these motherfuckers - She said this while snapping his hands and neck 

Out of the shadows made by the flames, several creatures appeared. As soon as Chizuro heard her sister's orders, she ran to the nearest residence, without even looking back. The creatures, which had emerged from the shadows, were now completely visible, and anyone who saw them would have been completely horrified.

Beings the size of houses, more like shadows, as dark as ebony, their form was completely disorganized, even if they were just a silhouette. The moment they noticed Shiroh, their entire bodies became filled with eyes, which slowly opened and they all looked in her direction. 

- Oh shit, these guys are FUCKING AWESOME! - Shiroh pulled out a completely white sword, thick and maybe even bigger than her. She was grinning widely - GET IN THERE, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!

Almost as if they understood what she was saying, as if they were a single thing, at the same time they all went for her. Even though their attack was completely disorganized, it wasn't difficult for Shiroh to dodge, jumping backwards. As the creatures stood up to look at Shiroh again, she took advantage and jumped towards them, striking them with her sword several times. In the blink of an eye, all the creatures were chopped up and Shiroh glared at them.

- Not even good enough, very dull... - She put the sword away - OI CHIZURO, YOU'RE FINISHED RESCUING EVERYONE???? - She shouted 

But before she could reply, her gaze went to the pile of black sludge next to her, which seemed to be rebuilding itself into something new, something completely different. Shiroh's eyes widened. Next to her, coming out of the black puddle, something was taking shape, they had the silhouette of humans, one was between 1.75m another between 1.60m and another between 1.55m, these shapes were strangely familiar to Shiroh, almost as if they were people she saw every day. 

- What the FUCK is that? - Shiroh took steps backwards

The creatures, just like the previous ones, were slowly filled with eyes that opened and stared at Shiroh, seeming to analyze her every move. She was completely still.

- Shit, shit, shit why is this happening? Not again not again not again - Shiroh began to tremble, her face was pale, she couldn't take her eyes off those beings 

Suddenly, her consciousness faded. In its place, Lullaby took over Shiroh's body, even though she still maintained her physical appearance, her air changed completely. 

- What the fuck - Shiroh grumbled - Nakano, you saw all this, didn't you? To think those little shits could do that - Shiroh watched the beings in front of her, they watched her without moving - I'm waiting for your orders.

- It looks like we're going to have to fight anyway, go on Lullaby - Nakano's voice echoed in Shiroh's mind.

At the same moment, Shiroh jumped up while drawing her sword, she attacked the 1.60m creature first, which easily fell apart. In reaction to the attack, the two remaining creatures looked at the body of the other creature falling apart and then back at Shiroh. 

- Come on up, you bastards. 

It leapt towards them again, cutting them both in half at the same time. She looked in their direction, watching their bodies turn into a puddle. She stretched out her hand towards them, closing her eyes. 

- Come on Lullaby, take all the anger you can find in this shitty little town

As Shiroh said this, coming from all corners of the city, a red aura came towards her and condensed in her palm, which she pointed at the creatures. Soon a completely red sphere formed, its shape was a little unstable, it seemed intangible. Shiroh opened her eyes, and at the same moment, the whole condensed red mass exploded, obliterating the black sludge. Her body then fell hard to the ground, and Lullaby appeared beside her just in time to pick her up. 

- It's something I did to you myself, so I have to deal with it too - she sighed, as she looked at the fainted Shiroh.

Chizuro came running towards Lullaby, her face a little dirty with ashes, along with her burnt and very dirty clothes, she was panting.

- Lullaby, how did it go? - She stopped in front of Lullaby, trying to catch her breath

- Oh yes, as always, Shiroh remained motionless, but it all worked out. Did you manage to save everyone? 

- Yes, it all worked out - Chizuro recovered

In no time at all, they were in Nakano's office, looking irritated.

- I told you. I told you. - Nakano was pacing back and forth

- You can't try to be positive just once, can you? - said Lullaby, as she carefully placed Shiroh on a sofa and covered her up

- Oh shut up Lullaby, you're not the boss of me! - Nakano retorted

- AH SHUT YOU UP I DID ALL THE DIRTY WORK ON THIS SHIT! 

- Calm down people, calm down - Chizuro put his hand in front of Lullaby, who was going against Nakano. Lullaby slapped her hand away

- AND IF IT WERE UP TO ME, EVERYONE WOULD BE DEAD! THEN RESPECT ME! - Lullaby advanced again 

- And if it were up to me, you'd be dead too. In fact, you wouldn't even have been able to predict this attack, which, HOWEVER, I FORESWORE RIGHT! I'M THE ONE WHO NEEDS RESPECT HERE, NOT YOU, DON'T YOU THINK? 

- GUYS SHUT UP FOR GOD'S SAKE! - Chizuro shouted - What matters is that the plan worked, and no one was hurt. Now, you two stop being childish. We have a lot to discuss. This is serious business. 

Both Nakano and Lullaby snorted. Lullaby moved away, sitting down next to Shiroh, while Nakano sat down in her armchair. 

- Nakano, you saw it, didn't you? Those things... the shape they've taken... 

- Yes - Nakano looked annoyed again - some son of a bitch who controls umbrakinesis is doing all this - She looked down - and then they takes people who are important to you and makes the creatures take shape - She sighed - If it were up to me... I wouldn't be able to raise my sword against Fuan... 

- Hearing that touches me, Master - A voice that until now had been quiet finally appeared, Fuan had been in her corner the whole time, watching the scene - I would never be able to hurt you either, but it's worth bearing in mind that these are just illusions made up by magic, just trying to play with our minds. 

- How can you deal with that? You never know when and who the creatures will become. You can't just count on Ouhi and Lullaby to possess us when it happens, and what if the creatures also shape themselves into someone they care about? - Chizuro was distressed

- There's nothing you can do, just keep telling yourself it's not real. And if you have to, Lullaby, Ouhi, you have to take the front line, do you hear me? 

- Yes, "Master" - Lullaby said sarcastically 

- Deal, honey - Ouhi smiled, she was organizing a deck - So, does anyone want to play UNO with me? 

- That's a deck... - Nakano sighed

- But you play UNO like that - Ouhi smiled 

- No, you don't play UNO like that - A different voice filled the room: it was Shiroh. She slowly stood up

- SHIROH! GLAD YOU'RE OKAY! - Lullaby immediately hugged her 

- Yes, yes, I am. Thanks Lu, for helping me out at that time - Shiroh smiled gently 

- Ehehe I got a compliment! - Lullaby smiled

- So, when's the next attack? - Shiroh looked at Nakano

- I told you you weren't ready for this, but do you still want to go through with it, Hisui? 

- I'm not going to answer you, Nakano. You know. - Shiroh looked at her steadily

- Okay - She sighed - if you follow the order, it'll be two days again. But maybe the crook who's controlling these creatures has already noticed, so there's a chance it'll be tomorrow. - She pulled out a map - You already know the next location, so get ready. It's good that nobody got hurt, keep it up. 

.

.

.

Still in Nakano's office, it was late at night and she was alone. She was looking at the map of the city, and had some other notes and books around her desk. Her purple eyes stood out in the dark of the night, and the light of the moon was the only illumination that filled the room. 

- A creature of 1.75, one of 1.60 and another of 1.55 - She had photos of the respective creatures in her hands - And their silhouette... - She smiled - I know exactly who these three people are. Still, the shorter one... it's ironic to think that the two of you are related - She threw the photos on the table, looking up at the ceiling - Hisui Shiroh, if my theory is right... this was the seventh attack of the week - She smiled - And you said you had how many nightmares? 

Her laughter echoed throughout the office. 

.

.

.

 

The next day came faster than expected and there Shiroh and Chizuro were again, trying to blend in with the people. They were walking relatively fast, but not running. It's very noticeable that they're both nervous, distressed.

- Okay, I'll go over the plan one last time: we get there, you save everyone and I'll beat the crap out of them. - Shiroh repeated to herself 

- Relax Shiroh - Chizuro tried to comfort her sister 

As they turned the corner, they were almost run over by some people running past and looking back in despair. Not far from them, a two-meter creature, completely dark, full of eyes, turned over some cars, shaking them.

- There are people in the car - Chizuro quickly became more serious than usual

- You already know - Shiroh drew her sword 

Before Shiroh could finish her sentence, Chizuro jumped between the buildings

- OH THE SON OF A BITCH! I DARE YOU TO CATCH ME - Shiroh shouted.

Responding to Shiroh's threat, the creature got out of the car and headed towards her. At the same moment, Chizuro jumped out of one of the buildings and grabbed the car with both hands, holding it underneath, carefully setting it on the ground and ripping the doors off it, pulling the people out. Meanwhile, Shiroh dodged the creature's uncoordinated attacks, the moment she saw an opening, without hesitation, with a single strike, she tore the creature in two.

- I can't waste time...

Shiroh stretched out her palm towards the puddle of sludge in front of her, but she couldn't do anything. She was completely immovable. 

- Not this shit again, fuck off - Shiroh held back tears - for God's sake... 

Quickly the slime began to take shape again, and before Shiroh's eyes, an extremely familiar person appeared. But before the being could attack her, a beam of light pierced it and shattered it completely, Shiroh could only look in the direction of the attack.

- You're welcome, you see? - Chizuro crossed her arms 

- I'm sorry... again... - Pause - Is it all over? - Chizuro nodded, and at the same moment they were teleported to Nakano's office

- Shiroh. Give up now. You're no good here - Shiroh had barely arrived and Nakano was already holding her by the collar, she was very angry. 

- HEY DON'T SAY THAT ABOUT HER! IT'S NOT HER FAULT NAKANO! - Lullaby headed towards Nakano

- Shut up. She's totally to blame for her actions - She laughed - Or rather, for her LACK of action. - She pushed Shiroh back

- You son of a bitch - Lullaby's speech was interrupted by Ouhi, stepping in front of her sister.

- Lullaby, that's enough. 

- AND I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS TO LISTEN TO THIS? Nakano has been a pain in my ass ever since we got here, I can't stand it anymore!

- If you're feeling upset, it's because there's something to upset you - Nakano glared at Lullaby 

- WHAT DID YOU SAY, YOU BITCH? - Again, Lullaby tried to move forward, interrupted by Ouhi

- I don't care if I can't do it, Nakano. I just want to try, okay? As long as I'm standing, as long as I'm breathing, I'll keep trying - Shiroh looked down, filled with bitter feelings

- Why? Why do you want it so badly? Give up once and for all, life isn't a story with a happy ending, Hisui. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're not the protagonist of this world, put yourself in your place - Nakano left the office

- Forgive me for my Master's rude attitude, I'll try to calm her down - Fuan followed Nakano

- I hate that witch - Lullaby grumbled

- But let's face it, the effect of our curse is already wearing off on them. Chizuro can already fight without being moved by incessant anger, Shiroh should be able to fight without being completely immobile - Ouhi commented

- It's not that simple - Shiroh muttered as she left the room as well.

- I think... of the four of us, she's the one who blames herself the most because of... - Chizuro looked at the office door - Well, you know, for everything... - She sighed

- That thing about her having imposter syndrome... I honestly thought she was joking when she said that - Ouhi also stared at the door - Well, you can never tell when Shiroh is serious or not. Honestly, that's one of her worst faults. 

.

.

.

 

A week later, Shiroh and Chizuro were running through the streets of the city again. This was already the fifth attack they had prevented, and their numbers had dropped considerably. Shiroh even looked better, as if she had slept well after weeks of suffering from insomnia. 

- Around the corner you should be at the point of the next attack, don't let your guard down. We've probably drawn enough attention to whoever is behind this, from now on everything is unpredictable - Nakano's voice echoed in the two sisters' minds.

- Understood - Shiroh replied as she turned the corner. She came across an extremely peaceful street, even a little empty - Huh, the place is too quiet... - She looked around. 

In the distance, on the other side of town, a huge explosion could be heard, the smoke caused by the flames easy to see, even from miles away.

- HOLY SHIT, NAKANO DID YOU SEE THAT? - Shiroh looked up startled

- I saw it, apparently it changed the target of its attacks. GET OVER THERE AS FAST AS YOU CAN, NOW! 

- OK! - The two sisters replied, as they jumped between the buildings, running as fast as they could 

Arriving at the scene a few minutes later, chaos had already taken over. But to their luck, or misfortune, the moment they set foot on the ground they were met with a rather unexpected scene. All the people had already been evacuated, and fighting with the slime creatures was a little girl.

At 1.55m, with shoulder-length pink hair and eyes of the same color, she held a staff which she used to block a creature that was advancing against her. In the blink of an eye, the creature was blown up, and Shiroh and Chizuro had no reaction. It didn't take long for the girl to realize the presence of the two, she slowly turned towards them. Impossible, impossible, that shouldn't be happening, I clearly saw you dying, right in front of me! How is this happening?

- Well, you haven't changed a bit, have you? - The girl smiled as she looked at Shiroh and Chizuro

0