Chapter 1
125 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a meadow, near a tree the size of a mountain, a small elven village can be found, in the village, a shrine, and in the shrine, a statue of a woman can be found. None of the elves knew when the statue was erected, but they all worshiped it as their goddess. Today, the statue began to shake, cracks forming on the surface of the stone encasing whatever was sealed within.

***

*Crack!*

*Thud!*

"Whoo! Finally out, when did that stone form?"

Standing over the remains of some kind of stone prison, I began to make sure everything was still on me. I was wearing a white T-shirt with the name of my favorite band Infected Mushroom on it, a black coat I may have stolen from a thrift store, and some old but still nice jeans. Strapped to my hip was a simple revolver, one I'm surprised still works to this day, and my long spade tipped tail was tucked under my shirt.

"Well that's everything, now, I should be under an oak tree, but... this looks like a shrine."

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from outside as a young girl with ears longer than my forearm entered the room. Catching my gaze, the girl began to freak out, apparently looking for something.

"Um... Is something wrong?"

"The Goddess Statue! What happened to it!?"

"Goddess..? Statue..? Do you mean the stone that was around my body?"

The girl looked at me in shock, the dust and some chunks of stone still covering my body showing her I was telling the truth.

"Y-your the goddess..."

"Goddess? I'm not sure how long I was meditating for, but I'm pretty sure I'm not a goddess. Actually, what year is it?"

"It's the year 4015 after the discovery of mana, why do you ask?"

"Going by the fact that mana wasn't discovered until after I began meditation, lets see, I was 21 when I began meditation, and it's been a total of at least 4015 years since then, so that makes me, 4036 years old..?"

Hearing my age, and the fact I'm from before mana, the girl's eyes began to shine with wonder.

"You really are from before mana? Could you please tell me what it was like?"

"Hm... Sure, Well first not many believed in gods, and other supernatural things, and we made up for weakness by using our inventions, I think it was 3046 A.D when I began meditation, and a calamity had just wiped out most life on the planet, so we won't find very many inventions from then."

"What does A.D mean?"

"It stands for Anno Domini, which means Year of our Lord, back when mana wasn't a thing the main religion people believed in was Christianity, and The Lord was the god of this religion, I'm no priest so I can't tell you the details, even less since I'm atheist, but The Lord apparently loved the world so much that he gave his only son to it, not to condemn the world but to save it."

"This Lord person sounds like the god of the human, Lumos, Lord of Light?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if Christianity lived past the calamity, those guys were always determined to stay prevalent. What Goddess did you worship?"

After asking this question, I noticed the girl's eyes light up once more, as apparently I had discovered her favorite topic.

"Us elves Worship three gods, The Goddess of Life, Gaia, The God of Storms, Nimbus, and The Goddess of Death, Scarlet, This Shrine is dedicated to the Goddess of Death."

"Scarlet huh..?"

Looking at the name tag on my coat, I quickly remembered my name, and discovered how they got the name for the third goddess.

"Girl... My name is Scarlet... I think I am your Goddess..."

"Ah-"

5