2:A Friendly Face?
26 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The class stared at the new face. The man was tall, stood at around 6'7, had short blue hair that reached his upper neck, and purple eyes. He just seemed human. There were no visible markings on his light skin.

"Oh? Who may you be? I don't see you on the list..." Cassey asked.

"The name's Conrad Chained! I already spoke with the principal, my name should be added on there soon." Conrad said as he had a wide grin. He had rather sharp teeth for a human.

"Okay then... There is no need to sit down, the classes are going to go gets their physicals done. After that will be introductions. Then, we will be discussing how our schools team systems will work, then a thirty minute lecture." Cassey said all in one breath.

Yuki raised his hand, "Ms. Crow, I have a question."

"Yes, Yuki?" Ms. Crow raised a brow as people began to stand up.

"I don't sense any mana coming from Conrad, is he a Weaponmaster by chance?" Yuki couldn't see a normal person attending this school.

"Bingo my friend!" Conrad snapped his fingers, making finger guns at Yuki.

Yuki became a little bit on edge. Not only were Weaponmasters practically invisible to mages, they're physical capabilities were scary. "If I may ask, what weapons do you use?"

"Ahh? I use gauntlets." Conrad began to shadowbox the air jokingly. His punches were swift and precise too, true to a Weaponmaster's deadly accuracy.

"Okay everyone! Listen! After everything is done, you will receive your keys to your dorm rooms after the lecture. For now, you should have wristbands appear on your left wrist." Ms. Crow said as people began to have a wristband appear. "Those will glow green when it is your turn for your physicals/magical evaluations. They will be based on Speed, Strength, Stamina, Endurance, Magical Capacity, Magical Output, Defense, and Critical/Strategic thinking skills. You may freely move around campus. Don't wander too far. Galvin Bueno, come on, you're first."

Yuki and Kose left the classroom and began to wander throughout the halls. They wanted to see what this school had to offer, considering they would be staying here on weekdays. 

"I heard there are some pretty neat places around here. Like a mushroom forest, a big one too." Yuki said.

"Oh? I heard that they're only native to our country." Kose said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, that's the land of Briarwyn for ya. The center of the six countries." Yuki laughed and continued to walk down the large halls. The floors were made of marble and the windows to their left had their frames made only from the finest Etherwood. It was a grayish type of wood with little blue spots in it. The windows were large, about 15 feet tall and 10 feet wide. 

A faint voice called out from behind them. "Hey!~"

The two turned around to, seeing Terra and another girl with long green hair following after her. "Wait up!" The voice became more clear.

Yuki and Kose stopped in their tracks and turned around. Terra and the other girl following her now in front of the two.

"What's up?" Kose asked, pulling back his hair a little.

"Well, you guys seemed kind of cool! We just wanted to know if we could explore with you!" Terra said, her raven black wings fluttering a little.

Kose looked at Yuki, who shrugged. "Sure, why not! Terra was it?" Kose asked, wanting to be assured he got her name right.

Terra's face flushed a little, surprised he remembered her name. "Yep! My name is Terra Evergarden! Part Avian part human! As for which Avian, I'm a raven!"

"Oh! That's cool." Yuki looked down at her. She was around 5'6 in height, while her friend seemed to be around 5'9. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh! I'm sorry! This is Mari Everthorne. She's actually here to learn healing." Terra smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Mhm! I already know a good amount of healing. I can cure small fevers and wounds. I can't reattach limbs yet though." Mari had long green hair with green eyes to match. She wore the school uniform, however, her sweater sported a cross, indicating that she was a medic. She seemed to be a dark elf, possibly the only dark elf in the school.

"Oh! That's nice!" Kose said, taking his hands out of his pockets and made a small bright blue magic circle. "I have ice magic, I just learned it recently, about seven months ago."

"Wow... You've been training water magic for how long?" Mari asked, seeming quite interesting.

"Since I found out I had it, so... Six. I've been training for eleven years." Kose said, "Took a lot of hard work."

"That's so cool! I have healing and plant magic, so I kind of fit the ideal individual from Briarwyn..." She said, giggling a little.

"What about you, Terra?" Kose asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Oh! I'm a hybrid!" She said enthusiastically.

"Huh?!" Yuki seemed surprised. Another hybrid? They were rare. In the country of Briarwyn, they made up about 2% of the population while Mages made up 80%. The rest of the 18% were Weaponmasters. "I'm a hybrid too."

"REALLY?! WE SHOULD ALL LIKE- TOTALLY BE FRIENDS!" Terra seemed ecstatic, doing small hops.

"Uhm... Sure!" Kose said, as he turned around, beginning to walk off. The four of them then began to explore the school. During their travels, they found where the Crafting Class/Room was. It was meant for mages to learn how to make their spells. They also found an Archery room, training room, the place to get physicals taken which just so happened to be the same room as the medical ward. It was divides into two sections.

The medical ward was on the first floor. However, there was an elevator that led to a medium sized room where they would test your magical output/capacity and then the rest of the stats.

Coincidentally, as they were checking out the Medical Ward, Kose's wristband glowed green. "Oh. Guess I step into the elevator?" The wristband had a small black arrow pointing toward the elevator. When he stepped in, the doors closed and elevator went down.

When Kose reached down, a small orb appeared in front of him.

"Please touch the orb. It will measure your mana capacity and output." A voice called out.

Kose put his hand on the orb, and it glowed a mix of a dark blue and bright blue. "Please take your hand off." Kose took his hand off. "Next, will be more physical stats." A simulation then began to play. It was a large open field with a goblin in the middle.

"Defeat this goblin. Magic has been sealed." The voice said, as Kose started groaning. He got into a small stance. He wasn't much of a physical fighter at all, so all he knew was basic grappling, and if he could, he would have to use a certain move.

The goblin let out a loud screech as it ran toward Kose. It swung it's sword and Kose jumped back. He cautiously avoids it until he could find an opening. "Damnit..." He watched as the goblin raised its sword, screeching again.

"There!" He punched the goblin with his right hand. His entire arm began to burn as a small explosion happened as the punch connected. The goblin was knocked back, it's sword out of hand, which Kose picked up with his left hand. He groaned and saw that part of his uniform had been completely burned off. The continuation of his tattoo was revealed. It was a dragon, and he felt it coiling around his arm. The pain got worse and worse, making him groan considerably loud. "Calm down..."

The simulation ended and there were three people that helped him up, taking him back up the elevator.

"We saw everything. You did good man, just, don't use that Inscription again, alright? Unless it's necessary!" Yuki said as he had a worried look.

Kose laughed and sighed. "Yeah, whatever."

Mari's wristband glowed green and she walked to the elevator. When she went down, she placed her hand on the orb and it glowed green, cracking a little. "Oh! D-did I break it?"

"No... Continue." The simulation started, and in front of her stood the same goblin. It screeched at her, but instead of backing up, she ran forward, kicking it in the wrist. It caught the goblin off guard and made it drop the weapon.

"Phew!" She picked up the sword, her arms shaking a little. She clearly wasn't built for the strength stuff. "Ha!" She swung the sword, killing the goblin.

"Wait, Kose has a magical attribute?!" She said aloud as she turned around, the simulation ending. "That's so cool!" She went into the elevator, feeling it rise up. The elevator was one that a person would see in a hotel. It had a gate, the doors didn't slide open like modern elevators. Well, they did, but the elevator looked a little less modern and looked like something that would be on a cruise ship.

"Done!" She said, panting a little. "Wait, do they measure everything from that one encounter?"

A man with a mask and some glasses scrolled through a stone tablet. It had magic writing on it, "Yuki?"

Yuki nodded and stepped into the elevator, watching it close. When it opened, the orb was there. He touched it, the color coming out yellow and dark blue.

The orb disappeared and there a goblin stood. It screeched just like it did all the other times. Yuki dashed forward and grabbed the goblin's neck, kneeing it in the stomach. The goblin fell and dropped it's weapon. Yuki grabbed it and slashed off it's head. However, instead of the elevator being there when he turned around, he was just teleported back up. He seemed very confused, "Huh?"

Last up with Terra. She went down like the rest of them and placed her hand on the orb. The orb glowed green and red. It disappeared and the goblin appeared, but before it could scream, Terra seemingly dashed behind it. However, it's head was in her hand. She went back up to the elevator and went back up. "Alright! Done!"

A small vibration went off in the wristband and it disappeared, signifying the conclusion.

"Alright... Time for the results huh?" Kose said as he sat up from the bed, his forearm wrapped in bandages.

"Yep! Let's go!" Terra jumped up and down. Yuki stared at her a little. He saw what she did to that goblin, she was too fast for it.

"That's sick." Yuki said in amazement.

Feel free to leave suggestions!

2