4:To Trust.
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Yuki and Mari entered the room, they were greeted by a large space. A living room with a table in the middle for making spells, along with some things for entertainment. There was also a decently sized kitchen to the right of the living room, a hallway to the left of the living room which led to the bathroom and bedrooms. There was also a balcony in front.

"So, Yuki... I have a question." Mari asked, turning to him. "How'd you get that scar? Also, is that an inscription?"

Yuki looked a bit... Distressed. "Oh, yeah. It's a an Inscription. I can see the build up of mana in a person and know what kind of attack, or at least know what kind of magic type it is."

Mari opened her mouth. "Wow! That's cool! How'd you get the scar though?"

Yuki sighed and sat on the couch.

-FLASHBACK-

A young Yuki stood outside in the forest, practicing thunder magic. "Okay... Thunder Dragon!" He summoned a small magic circle, a tiny lightning dragon coming out of it and striking a tree. It left a small burn mark and took off some of the bark. He then decided to climb the tree he used his magic to get a view of the sunset. The sun was a bright blue, so dawn and dusk were shorter due to there being less infrared. He watched the sun go down and looked up at the sky, seeing two moons out. The farther one was a little larger than the closest.

The farthest, and by far the largest moon was on the horizon, west. It was called Lunara, the middle was named Selene, and the closest was Astra. "I should get home." He reached into his pocket and took out a map. It was a map of his village. It was quite large.  He stood up and jumped off the tree, running to a large hill and once reaching the top, he saw the lights of his village.

"Nice, ain't it kid?" A man with long white flowing hair and dark skin seemingly appeared out nowhere next to Yuki.

Yuki jumped and turned to the man. He had red glowing eyes, yet Yuki couldn't help but feel calm, too calm. "Who are you?"

The man stayed silent, turning to the village. "This is a village of mages, yes?"

Yuki nodded, still confused on who this man was. "Yes... Just mages and hybrids. We get help from weapon masters with the local wildlife from time to time." Yuki took a look at the mans strange features. Aside from the eyes and pale hair, his outfit seemed strange. It consisted of a long trench coat, though it wasn't thick. His shirt was a dark gray and his pants and boots were black. He had a sword strapped to the back of his waist and a dagger at his side.

"Are you Weaponmaster? I don't see any magic coming from you... Except for your eyes. Do you have a magical attribute like me?" Yuki asked, tilting his head.

"My eyes? No... Though the amount I have is a secret. My eyes are inherently magical, sort of like how you elves have been blessed by mana itself. However, I am a Weaponmaster." The man smiled at Yuki. "You should run along. You know the type of creatures that wonder at night."

Yuki nodded and ran down to his village. Reaching his home, he opened the door. He lived in a more forested area, so there were a lot of tree houses. He lived on the ground however. "Mother, father, I'm home!" He said as he saw his mom and dad sitting at the table.

His mother breathed a sigh of relief, making her way over to him and hugging him. "Yuki! You know what we said about being out late at night! These creatures are dangerous."

His father walked over to them, smiling. "Come on dear, he's just a boy. You know elves are adventurous little things."

Meanwhile, the man still stood on top of the hill, a look of disdain and disgust on his face. "Filled with filthy mages and their dirty offspring." He threw open his trench coat, a figure walking out of it. "My wonderful slave..."

It was a mage, a female one at that. She had on a cloak covering her body and her eyes seemed dead. They were red, like she had been hypnotized, or even under the mans control. "I remember when you were there when I was being experimented on, you laughed."

The girl turned around and bowed to him. "I-i am deeply sorry master!"

"Eight years... I was eleven when I was taken. Anyways, nows not the time to reminisce of the past. Cast your magic, and burn this village to the ground."

Yuki looked out of his window, seeing bright red flashes. His mother and father embraced him tightly. "YUKI!" Multiple loud booms were heard.

Yuki heard a loud explosion in his ear, feeling a force hit him and felt heat on his skin before being blast back into the wall. Hitting his head and getting knocked out. After a little he woke up. His mother was on top of him, unresponsive. He managed to push her off of him and shook her. "Mom.."

He looked around the room, it was so smokey inside that he had to leave. Everything was on fire. He tried to drag his parents outside, but he was too weak. His father coughed a little and slowly got up. "Father!"

His father slowly picked up his mother, coughing up blood. "Come on son, we'll make it out of here."

They both made it outside the house where they were met by the most horrific sight. The entire village was on fire, and large creatures were devouring everyone in the village.

"Ah! Kiddo, what's up man?" The man stood there, holding an elf girl's head.

Yuki's eyes widened as he saw the sight. He wanted to vomit. He felt movement, it was his mother waking up. When she came to, she looked up and saw the man, her eyes widening.

"Yuki, get back..." His father said, ushering Yuki behind him. Yuki looked up at his father and mother preparing magic spells. Before they could do anything, his father's head was blown off and his mom was missing a leg. They fell to the ground, Yuki's mom screaming.

"YUKI, RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK!" She screamed, tears falling from both of their eyes. Yuki obeyed his mother and turned to run, but the man was already in front of him. "Don't run kid, let me at least leave you with a gift."

The man took out a dagger and grabbed Yuki by his neck and slashing his right eye. "There's an inscription there, so it should heal fully, but this dagger is cursed. A simple one. You'll have a scar to remind you." He tossed Yuki to the side, the last thing he heard was his mother's scream.

-FLASHBACK END-

"How could a person do such a thing?!" Mari said, pulling Yuki into a hug.

"It's getting dark out... We should go to sleep." Yuki said, standing up and heading to his room. Once the door was closed, he placed his hand over his right eye. "I'll avenge you mother... Father."

2