Chapter 11. Set an extra plate at the table.
334 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Alex}

Leaving early, I wanted to make sure the girls were okay with not only me, but Gorloth visiting us. I wasn’t sure how they would react or where he would sleep, but I hoped it would be okay. Both were sitting at the table and Orthonai was talking openly with Lily. I gave them a weak smile as I joined them. Lily jumped up and hid behind Orthonai who bowed to me. “We are going to have a guest for the next few nights. Gorloth will be watching over us.” I took a deep breath before dealing with the uncomfortable part of this meeting. "You are free to be with anyone you want. That being said, please be nice to your roommate.” I finished hoping I wouldn’t have to make it an order. The last thing I wanted was to walk in on Orthonai fucking Gorloth in the living room.  Lily blushed and looked away from me. She must still be upset about last night.

“Does that apply to me too?” Lily said softly under her breath as she raised those deep red eyes to meet my own. I nodded and felt my heart skip a beat.

“Yes, you have free will and can be with anyone you want.” I said deeply wishing she wanted me. She blushed and hid her eyes with her ears. It was just too cute. I felt that same warm feeling that Yen had given me. I felt half my face lift a little and I looked away feeling something heat my own face. People talk about when a spark happened between them or that could just be the blue lightning moving around my hand. What the hell? My mana is going out of control. Shaking my fingers, I did everything I could to bring my mana under control. I would have to talk to a mage about this. Maybe Battery would know something? I coughed and tried to shift my focus. “What happened yesterday?” Orthonai looked at me, shame in her eye.

“We are under orders to let them in and do anything they say.” She said looking at the table. Lily nodded and I blinked at them not fully understanding what she was talking about.

“I never gave you that order.” I frowned at her as I crossed my arms.

“Gerold Helttom did.” Orthonai replied, looking up to see shock and anger fill my face.

“Who the hell is that?” I asked in outrage.

“Our last master.” Lily said in a small voice. I sighed as it all hit me. I had fucked up badly. I never thought they would be bound by the orders of their old masters. If they had been ordered to kill me. I would be dead right now.

“You still have to follow orders of master's you’ve had in the past?” I asked making sure I understood it properly. They both nodded, looking at the table. Had they expected me to punish them for someone else’s doing? “Do not follow any orders that anyone aside from me has given you in the past.” Both collars started to glow. Lily looked at me in shock. “Look I fucked this up. Let’s start over. I have a proposal for the two of you. If you know something that could screw things up or put any of us in trouble, let me know. In exchange, I will set you free in one year. Deal?” Orthonai gave me an odd look and slight smile as she bowed again. Lily started crying and I froze. What did I do wrong now? Why was she crying? Someone make it stop.

The only thing I thought I could do is run. Getting up, I went to my room. If I was going to take the day off, might as well work on some Dolls. Looking back, I smiled at Orthonai who was watching me closely. “Orthonai please make sure you make enough for Gorloth.” I said as an afterthought. I spent most of the day relaxing and enjoying myself. Lily opened up all the windows, the early summer day was calm, and the scent of flowers drifted through the house. There was a knock at the door, and I turned to see my orc buddy. He smiled at me. When had he gotten here?

“Friend Runt, Lunch.” I nodded. Looking around my room, he froze when his eyes fell on my bookshelf. I had lost count but thought I had around thirty if not more. I would have to count them one day. “You make these?” Gorloth asked moving closer to examine them. It made my heckles rise a little, but I knew Gorloth would never hurt them.

“It is my hobby.” I said finishing a chest for a new Doll.

“Good at making things. I hear about fighting in drinking place. Lots fight over your things.” He said scratching his chin.

“Yeah.” I said with a sigh. “Come on, let’s eat.” The girls had set the table and were waiting behind their chairs. I went to take my seat, but Gorloth walked to where Orthonai was standing. She stepped back and bowed to him. He pulled out her chair, said something in orc. She nodded, blushed and sat down. He pushed it in and then did the same thing for Lily. Lily looked at me blankly and I nodded. The man was a real gentleman. Made me feel like a pig for just sitting down without helping them. He started to mumble some prayer in orc, and we all bowed our heads. Once he was done, he clapped his hands and reached for my plate. “No, fix your own.” I said with what I hoped was a playful smile.

“Runt is master, Master is highest, Master eat first.” He said with a smile.

“Nope. Not here. Here you and I are the same.” I started protecting my plate making it clear he wouldn't get his way. Orthonai laughed as he tilted his head sideways thinking hard. Orthonai said something in orc, and he nodded. Filling his own plate, he passed the spoon and bowl to me. It was an amazing stew and rice with a side salad. Orthonai had outdone herself. Gorloth surprised the living hell out of me as he had impeccable table manners. I mean he could eat soup with a fork and not spill a drop on himself. He didn’t make a sound when he ate except to have a conversation with us. Even then he made sure his mouth was empty before talking. If I wasn’t careful Lily may fall for this prince in common clothing over me. I was a weird slob after all.

When done he made sure to place his spoon and fork on the plate facing ten and two. There had to be something to all this, but it just raised my view of the man. Lily picked up the dishes and started cleaning them as we sat there talking for a little. Orthonai looked across the table at Gorloth and I knew I was being a third wheel. He said something to her in orc and stood before pulling her chair out. His large hand reached out and she took it with a blush on her green cheeks. It was sweet and something I wish I could have done for Lily. I got up and went back to tinkering. Best to give them some space. It was a peaceful evening. When the sun had started to set, I stood cracking my back and went out into the living room to see the two orcs sitting and talking. I was happy my friends could find each other. It felt weird, but not bad.

“Good night, all. Let me know if you need anything.” I said as I helped Lily lock up the house. Gorloth smiled at me as he stretched.

“Good night, friend Runt.” He said as he bowed to me. Orthonai just nodded and I could see a blush on her face as she smiled at Gorloth’s back. As soon as we were done, I went to my bed. I felt a little restless, but not uncomfortable.

{Orthonai}

Orthonai turned to Gorloth and spoke in orc. “He is a weird one.” She said to her master’s back. Gorloth smiled and laughed. He was so large and held himself in a regal manor. Maybe before he was a slave, he had been a noble. She loved his scent, his face, and large frame. Everything about him spoke to strength and honor.

“Yes, Runt is weird, but he is a war chief.” Gorloth said as he smiled down at her, stretching letting her see the way his muscles ripple under his dark green skin. She blinked at him mildly distracted by his movements.

“What do you mean?” She asked, blinking her one purple eye at him.

“He saved this town and you two. He is nice to me even though he does not have to be. He reminds me of some of my siblings. Honor and one who lifts others.” He said, nodding at her Master’s room. She smiled at the big fool as he leaned back, and she failed not to look down to see something large pressing against the front of his pants. “Does little Rabbit sleep deeply?” He asked with his eyebrow raised at her and a smile on his handsome face. She blushed and looked away as she licked her lips.

“You tease me too much, Blood Blade.” She said looking at the ground. He took her chin and turned it up to look deep into her eye.

“I do not tease Wildflower.” He said and it was clear that he was smitten with her. She blushed looking into his deep brown eyes.

“I am broken.” She said, her hand tracing the scar that took her left eye. He laughed lightly and stroked her cheek on that side.

“I only see beauty.” He said, kissing her forehead softly. “I go for walk. Tonight, I sleep on couch. Rest well rabbit friend.” He said in Common as he walked out of the room in into the evening. Orthonai took a deep breath, taking in his scent.

“I may get some air too.” She said walking to the door. 

{Lily Cottontail}

Lily jumped up, blushed and went to the bedroom. She looked after them with a spark of jealousy in her heart. She wished she was as strong as Orthonai was. Orthonai was going after what she wanted. She changed into her nightgown and jumped into her own bed. Master had not locked his door tonight. She could easily join him again. Last night was the best night sleep she had since her sister had been taken away. She didn’t want to think of that night right now. She reached under her bed and pulled out a pair of his underwear. It was wrong for her to have these, but she wanted them. It was worse that she sniffed them. They smelled like the best part of him, and she shook in her bed blushing madly. She brought them closer and flicked out her tongue tasting him. With a shudder she put them back under her pillow, blushing all the way to the tips of her ears as she lay there. She was being a very bad bunny. Master was starting to snore, and she let a groan out. 

It would be so easy to join him. He said she could. “No. Lily, no bad bunny.” The moon was going to be full tonight and her mind was running wild. Is that why she felt frisky? The taste was still on her tongue as she lay her head back and tried to get some sleep. She could hear Gorloth and Orthonai making out in the woods, and she badly wished she could be that bold with her Master. His words from the night before were still in her mind. (Don’t… hurt… her) He cared about her. Could he love her? Did she want his love? She blushed even brighter and tossed in her bed. Her body ached and was full of need, but she couldn’t do anything about it. If she did, she would be a very bad brothel bunny.

{Alex}

I woke early and came out to find Orthonai resting her head on Gorloth’s shoulder, both fast asleep. The two made a cute couple and I hoped that they would have a long happy life together. Love who you love for those of us who can find it or even feel it. I thought as I went to work. What would it look like if that were Lily and me? I blushed. Why did I blush? What was this world doing to me? I tried that thought with others and nothing. Then Yen crossed my mind. I thought of her laying her head in my lap, me petting her hair. I blushed again. It was only beast women. Something about them made me feel something.  My head was all over the place and I couldn’t focus. Is it an issue that I can’t relate to humans? Why beast women then? Was it mostly slaves? I would have to test this later. The air was cool, and the scent of dew filled the air helping me relax.

Today was the day I could make my first steps to making my own nightmares. My mind drifted to the sparking at my fingertips, and I worried. What if my magic went wild and hurt someone? What if I killed Lily or my orc friends like I had killed the thugs? Wait, what do I mean by friends? I’ve never had or needed friends in the past. Why do I care about them? I walked into the shop and found Battery waiting for me. He bounced up to me smiling like a happy little puppy. This was new. Hello distraction. “Yes Battery?” I said, giving the bald man my full focus. He beamed at me and handed me a sheet of paper. On it was a neatly well-made diagram of a rune set. I blinked as my mind helped me make sense of what it was. “Neat looking bomb.” I said looking over at him. His face fell with a dejected expression. I wanted to laugh, but if I did, he might leave, and I would have to face my own thoughts. No thank you. “What did you think this was going to do?” I asked looking it over closer.

“I like how Vondos puts the beer out in winter. It tastes better cold.” He took a huffing breath. It was almost like the man was going to cry. I didn’t want to see him cry. “I was thinking of a mana cooling device.” He said looking at me his eyes watering. I froze and looked at him, my eyes wide and an evil smile on my face. This was a fucking key. Battery gave me a fucking key. He backed off as I clawed for my pencil and paper.

“Fucking hell man.” I cried out as he cowered back away from me. “No. You have done something interesting here.” I yelled heading to a table. Sweeping it clean, I laid out his paper and started making notes. I repeated his drawing and started changing things. “Shorten this line. Replace this rune with this one. Take this one out altogether. Now connect this line to that one.” I muttered as I worked. He was nodding looking over my shoulder.

“Won’t that one interact with that one?” He said poking my drawing. I smiled at him and nodded.

“Yes, yes. You’re right. How about this one?” I asked scatching out a new rune that would allow the heat to bleed off. The two of us were poking and picking at his diagram until we were both happy. “There and if we flip this rune it will heat in place of cooling. Do you know what you have done here?” He shook his head looking blankly at me. “You have made not only a freezer, but a mana stove too. FUCK!” He jumped back a little at my outburst. “Now I need a bigger house.” I cried out thinking about all the mana devices I could build.

“Why is that Master?” He asked hope in his eyes.

“This can be used to make a bath. Why are you calling me Master?” I asked looking at him sideways.

“You are my master. I see that now. You know more about runes than I could ever hope to learn, but I am willing to work and learn if you are willing to teach me.” That should be okay, shouldn’t give me too big an ego. Still felt wrong though. It was bad enough Lily and Orthonai called me that.

“Hell, this diagram can even be used to,” I froze and tore out the diagram, handing it to him. “Test it. I have something to play with.” I said my mind going to some very fun places. This could change everything. “Show it to Boss and see if he can build us a bath house. Oh, and Jordean, Good work.” He jumped up and down and started hugging me. I did not like this. I do not consent to this. I just stood there awkwardly until he calmed down and ran off. It did the trick as my mind was solely focused on the diagrams flying through my mind.

“Thank you, Master. Thank you, Master.”  He screamed as he ran off. I needed to play with this new idea and get my mind off him hugging me. He had given me a huge key and for that I would let the hug pass for now.

{Lily Cottontail}

Lily was walking around outside, trying not to notice the sounds coming from their bedroom. They had been at it since Master had left. The sound of the door closing had woken all three and the orcs had taken full advantage of the time to themselves. Orthonai had asked her to let them know when it was mid-morning so Gorloth could go into work and be there when Master had to go home. He should have gone in with Master this morning, but the two of them wanted some time together. She didn’t blame them. If she had a chance with Master last night… What was she thinking? She started blushing all the way to the tips of her ears. Walking around the house, she pulled them down to hide her eyes. It wasn’t right. It wasn’t fair. She wanted him and yet she hated humans. Why did he have to be human? All humans are evil, and he had to be evil for making her feel this way. She thought as she started to cry. Why was he so good to her? Why did she want him? Why did she want to make him happy? Her heart hammered as she went to a tree and sat under it.

She smoothed out her dress and dried her eyes as she looked up into the leaves. He gave her freedom and didn’t ask too much of her. This should make her feel free, but actually made her bored and anxious about everything. If he had books, she might be able to sneak one and read. She used to sneak books at her last house. She loved romance novels and the ones about the noble man falling for his maid being her favorite. Her thoughts went to the best one and pictured Master in that role and her as the maid. Her heart hammered as her hand moved lower. “No Lily, bad bunny.” She cried as she bit her finger. Her heart thumped as she tried to calm down. She needed to calm down. He didn't pick her, so she knew he didn't like her.

{ZeroGiven40}

Feel free to let me know your thoughts. Lily is just freaking adorable and is giving off best girl vibes. One of the things I like about this story is Alex is the only one who is really bothered about owning people and everyone he owns is treated as an employee and not just a slave for him to use and toss aside.

19