Black Dahlia
9 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"When you want to fool the world, tell the truth." A known quotation of Otto Von Bismarck. That certainly explains what I am feeling right now. As for the reason why? It happened earlier before this day ended.

Today is sunday. Our work yesterday ended with a great note. Nola and Jun's Automatic Brightness Changing Lamp ot ABC Lamp works wonders. Right now, they are just applying finishing touches together. Meanwhile, Me and Arnold are going around every club that participates to provide updates about our work and ask for anything specific they might require. Alhough this should be Arnold's work, we decided that I will help him. Since I'm already done with the paperwork helping him will be more faster and efficient. Normally I shoudn't be happy for additional work but...

We are finally alone together. I wonder if suddenly asking him questions will be alright. Wait... he should just talk to me. Yep that's a better idea.

Or so I thought. But all the time we are together going rounds in clubs, he did not even start any conversation with me at all!!! I wonder if he is mad at me or something. 

I tried making glances at his face. But... he looks the same as always. Looking around while we walk. Laughing randomly while humming. Waving to anyone we met that he knows. All the stuff he does is normal. So, how come he is not talking to me? If it comes to this...

Alright. I will start the conversation myself.

"Hey... Arnold..." I said in a low voice.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" He replied without looking.

"Er... it's a fine day today isn't it?" I asked.

Aaaaaaa!!! what the hell am I doing. Get a grip of yourself me!!! What kind of person starts a conversation then says something about the weather or something like that? Geez... Arnold is just Arnold. There is no reason to panic by just simply talking to him. I should have done this better normally. I wonder if the past events is the reason for this.

This continued as we went from club to club. On the way we met Rina. 

"Good day guys." Rina waved.

"Good day miss Rina." I replied.

"Y...yo. what's up." Arnold replied.

Hmmm... is it just me? Or Arnold feels weird just now.

"What are you doing?" Rina asked while looking at me.

"Nothing much. Just going around each clubs for the fair." I replied.

"Oh... yes, that fair. It's next week right? Its close now. You guys can do it. I'm cheering you!" She said as she walk past me and pat my shoulder before going on her way. "See you later." She added while waving with a smile.

"Thanks." I waved back.

Then I notice. All this time, Arnold is avoiding to look at Rina. I wonder what happened at them. Now it's making me curious. Maybe I will ask him later when we are done.

So I talked to him.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. Let's go." Arnold replied as he start walking.

"Weird." I replied as I follow him.

After coming from handicraft club to ask for some props to use like table cloth and stuff, we head together to arts and design club. There we saw Luna alone in the room.

"Good day miss Luna." I greet her.

"Ah... sorry. Good day to you too miss Marie" Luna replies surprised making her hit the canvas beside her with her elbow allowing it to fall on the ground. 

"Sorry. I must have surprised you." I said as I come to help her quickly.

"It's fine... I'm just... focused in painting..." Luna replied.

"I see... anyways, where are the other club members?" I asked.

"They just left a while ago." Luna replied aa she placed the canvass back to the chair.

"So we got late. Do you know where they went?" I asked.

"To get sister." Luna replied.

"Sister? Sister Pauline?" I asked.

"Nope... my sister... Rina..." she replied.

"Rina? Why? Is she part of this club?" I asked surprised.

Luna nods. "She is the president." She added.

"Oh... I didn't know that." I replied.

So Rina is the president of arts and design club huh... if that's the case...

"Then you must be happy then... since you get to talk to your sister here." I said.

She shakes her head. "She rarely talks to me. When I asks her things, she always reply normally. Then that's it." She said.

"That's it?" I asked.

"Yes..." Luna said.

So Rina talks to her normally... I wonder why.

"Well... since you are alone here. We might as well stay here with you to rest. It's fine right Arnold?" I asked while looking for Arnold.

There I saw Arnold looking around the paintings displayed on the wall. I walk towards him and there I saw...

"So beautiful..." Arnold said.

"Which one?" I asked as I move closer to him.

"Over there." He replied as he points to the painting.

"Which one..." I said as I saw the painting. The woman dress in an old uniform standing beside the wisteria. For some reason, this reminds me of... "Maki...".

"Maki? Who is that?" Arnold asked. He must have heard me.

"I just heard it before." I replied.

"Oh..." Arnold said.

Seriously... that painting... it reminds me of Maki that day.

I come closer to Luna and ask her about the pic.

"Luna. May I ask who drew that painting?" I asked as I point at the painting.

"Oh that one... it's my sister." She replied.

"Rina? By any chance... can she also see..." I asked.

"Not sure. Maybe?" Luna said.

"I see..." I replied.

We spend the time with Luna at the arts and design clubroom while waiting for other members to come. Arnold looking around the room while Luna is painting. I watch her as I sit beside her.

2 hours later, the other club members arrived including Rina.

"Sorry guys for making you find me. I'm busy doing some... oh Marie you are here. What's up?" Rina said as she walks towards me.

"I am here to ask for some stuff for the fair." I replied.

"Sure. Let's talk about it on my table. It's over there." Rina replied.

"Ok. Thanks." I replied as I follow her.

Rina sits on her chair and asked me to sit infront. As she sit, she stacks the paper on the side. "So? What's the request?" Rina asked with a smile.

"Nola asked me to go here and ask for anyone to help them paint the lamp for the presentation. And if possible the banner too." I said.

"If that's the case... I can go later. Let's see... Luna! Come here for a second." She said.

"What is it sister?" Luna replied.

"Come with me later in the science club. We got work to do." Rina said.

"Okay. I will prepare my materials." Luna replied.

"Just the paint and paint brush. I will take the rest." Rina said.

"I understand..." Luna replied as she return to her sit.

"Now then... off topic for a while. May I ask, do you like Arnold?" Rina asked while leaning her face forward.

"Wh... where... did that... come from... suddenly asking me... if I like him..." I replied in panic.

"Hahaha. Sorry sorry. I'm just curious. So which is it? Do you like him?" Rina asked.

"Ofcourse not... seriously... stop asking weird stuff..." I denied.

Ofcourse I can't just tell anyone I like Arnold. It will be bad if he found out.

"I see. Then last question. What do you think about girls liking another girl?" Rina asked.

"What's with your questions?" I asked as I wipe my face with my handkerchief.

"Hahaha sorry about that. I'm just curious that's all." Rina replied.

"Well... if I where to answer that... I guess it's fine either way. After all, everyone have a different perception about "love" so there is no right or wrong. As long as they are happy then that's all that matters." I replied.

"Whoa... what a picture perfect answer. I see... you're fine either way huh..." Rina said.

"Is that all? If it is then sorry we need to go now. We still need to go to compuyer club and social club for the advertisement." I said.

"Nope thats all. Thanks for your time. See you later." Rina replied as she waved at me.

"Then please excuse me." I bow as I reply before leaving.

As I stand, I look for Arnold. It seems he is not inside the room. Did he go out?

As I leave the arts and design club, I saw Arnold sitting outside.

"Hey Arnold. Let's go." I said.

"Yes. Let's go." Arnold replied.

After this, we head to computer club and asked for the update in the school's page and then head to social club to give our time in the event and ask for any change. Then after we are done going around, we decided to take a break at the garden. We sit together on a bench while drinking juice from the vending machine.

Now that we are alone here together, maybe I can ask what's wrong with him today.

"Hey Arnold. You okay? You seems different today." I asked.

"Nah. Just tired thats all." He replied.

"I see..." I said as I take a sip to my drink.

"Anyways... Marie. Do you have anyone you like?" Arnold asked.

Did he just asked me... wha... what is the meaning of this. This is the fi... first time he asked me.

"None... so far." I replied.

"Hmmm... are you sure? You don't like anyone?" He asked.

Whats wrong with him today. He is oddly persistent. Wait... maybe I can ask him out now. Alright. Lets relax... I will ask him out now. The mood is also perfect. This might be my chance to ask him out once and for all. Okay... here I go!

"Then... what if I say... I like you... what will you do?" I said while looking at him.

He paused. He stares at me as if time slowed down. and after a while he replied. "Hahahaha nice joke Marie. That's impossible. Nope. Not happening. Hahahaha." Arnold replied while laughing.

Did he just... laugh at me... seriously? I know that he is kind of... but... being laughed like this is quite...

"Right? Hahahaha." I replied while trying to laugh to force myself in remaining calm.

"See? I'm right after all HAHAHA" He replied.

"Seriously..." I said as I stand and walk.

"Oh right the time. Let's go now." Arnold said. As he follow me.

Seriously... I'm glad you are Arnold... thanks to you... I can continue loving you... behind this lie of mine.

"Thanks." I said.

"Hmm? Why?" Arnold replied.

"For staying like who you are." I replied.

"You're Weird." He said while following behind me.

"Yeah I'm really weird..." I murmured to myself.

And thats why right now... I hate myself.

5