Lotus 2
11 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You know... I actually felt in l..." Arnold said as I stop him before finishing.

"Sorry I love..."

Then I woke up. The loud ringing of my alarm clock echoes through the room. I turn it off and stand out of my bed. 

"Urgh... my head hurts." I said as I massage my head with my right hand, as I do some stretching.

But still... what's with that dream I wonder... anyways, time to prepare and head out to school.

It's been 2 weeks since that event. Now is october 6 tuesday. As usual, I woke up at 6am to cook for breakfast. Today I decided to bring lunch. 

I noticed some changes ever since that pool vacation. Most of the time, Arnold asks me to go with him now. Sometimes he asks me for lunch together or walking home together which is what we always do. But... how do I say this... now he always treats me more, and he always asks me how's my day and stuff. Unlike before where he always just tells me stories about cute girls he met. Now he tends to avoid telling stories esoecially about other girls. 

I tried asking Maki before and she said...

"Good job Marie! He is now gunning for you. Keep it up and he will surely be your's."

That should be the case but... I don't know how to explain this but... it feels different than what I expect.

After I'm done cooking, I took a shower and dress up with my uniform. Then I walk to the school. Upon exiting my house I saw Arnold waiting outside.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I close the door and lock it.

"Waiting for you. Let's walk together." Arnold said as he lend his hand aiming to let him hold my lunchbag.

"Oh thanks." I replied as I hand over my lunchbag.

So we walk together while casually talking random stuff. We reached the school and went to our respective classrooms.

The class went on as usual. The lectures are quite boring as of late which is surprising. After all I don't feel like this before during class.

After the class I quickly head out and come to the library. There I saw sister Pauline sitting at the librarian's desk and Maki flying around inside the library. 

"Good day sister Pauline." I greeted her with a bow.

"Good day miss Marie. Now that you are here. Sorry to say this but can I leave this to you again today?" She said.

"Sure sister." I replied as I place my bag beside the table and sit beside sister.

"Well then. Please just lock the door when you go home." Sister said as she hands me the key and head out.

Alright time to read some books again. And now that I think about it... what is she doing?

I said as I stare at the bookshelf with half of Maki's body popping out. Then after few minutes she came out.

Oh she's out. What is she doing that silly ghost.

"Marieeee! I missed you!" Maki said as she quickly fly towards me with an open arms.

"Good day Maki. We just met here yesterday though." I said as I try to push her away from hugging me.

"It's lonely without you." She said as she turn around and hug me from behind instead.

"Well... it's not like I can live here right?" I said as I took a book out of my bag.

"Well..." she replied.

"Anyways I will spend my time here again..." I said.

"Yey! I have many stories to tell you then!" Maki replied happily.

"Yes yes." I replied with a smile as I look at my book.

We spend the time together in the library. Maki tells me different stories about her adventures in the school. Most of them is when no one is around. There are some interesting parts of her story especially the garden of jewelweed below the hill at the back of the elementary building. 

"So you can go down the hill? I asked.

"Nope. It seems the hill is the limit of how far I can fly. I just saw them from a sign above the hill." She replied.

"I see..." I replied.

"Also I just noticed Marie." Maki asked.

"What?" I asked.

"It's about my ability." She said.

"Hmm..."

"You see... the strength of my control depends on my emotion. I tried it on the hill side last time." She said.

"How is it?" I asked.

"When I'm angry I can send everything flying even big boulders or large trees." She said.

"What's with that..." I replied.

"However... I noticed when I used that strength, I feel like I am going to disappear. So I never tried using it that strong again." Maki said.

"I see..." I replied.

Wait... Maki will disappear? I forgot that Maki is actually a ghost. Now that I think about it... She can disappear anytime right? Thinking that happen somehow makes me...

"Don't go missing suddenly without telling me okay?" I said.

"Hmmm? What's this? Are you saying you will miss me?" She said as she leans her face closer with a smirk.

"Don't tease me. I'm serious." I replied as I look at her eyes.

"Don't worry Marie. I won't disappear just like that. Besides I still have to make you happy." She said as she carress my cheeks.

"You promise?" I asked.

"Yep. I promise you." She replied.

"That's good then." I said.

"That said. I'm surprised you finally show some concern about me. It makes me very happy." Maki said as she hugs my side with a smile on her face.

"Well..." I murmured

Now that I think about it. Why did I feel like that... 

Then we spend the time together till 5:30 pm.

"I'm going now Maki." I said.

"Yep. See you tomorrow." She replied.

"Hmmm you are not coming?" I asked.

"Ah sorry. There is something I need to see." Maki replied.

"I see... see you tomorrow then." I said.

"Yep. Bye bye." She said as she fly through the floor and phased to it as if there is nothing there to block her.

I exit the room and locked the door. Then I head to the gate. On the way, I met sister Pauline so I hand over the key to her and say goodbyes.

At the gate, I saw Arnold waiting for me.

"You're waiting?" I asked.

"Yep. Are you free now?" He asked.

"Hmmm? Yes. I don't have anything to do. Why?" I asked.

"That's great then. Mind coming with me?" He asked.

"Where?" 

"Secret." He said.

"Weird." I said.

"Hahahaha." He laughed at me.

I followed him. Then when we are outside the gate, we walked for a while then we reached the place.

We went through the trees and after few walks a beautiful scenery caught me surprised.

A field full of colorful flowers field with orange hue from the sunset. Quite far as ny eyes can see. I got mesmerized from the sight infront of me.

"I saw this place while walking around. Do you like it?" Arnold asked.

"Liking or not is not the question. This place is beautiful." I replied.

"I see. I'm glad." He said.

I look around for a while then Arnold suddenly asked me.

"Marie. I have something to tell you." Arnold said with a serious look.

"What is it?" I replied as I turn around to face him.

"You see... ever since the last club vacation, I can't get you out of my mind. Every time I sleep, I keep on dreaming about you. This might sound rude after what I replied to you last time in the school... but I realized I'm wrong." He said.

"Where did that come from?" I asked.

"Well... after thinking this for the past weeks, I realized it. Marie. I'm inlove with you. Please be my girlfriend." Arnold said as he walks close to me.

"Eh!!! Wait... this is too sudden." I replied.

"I know. That's why, please... if you think I am worthy of you, please give me your reply before christmas. Your answer wether you accept me or not will be the gift I will recieve. I have been rude to you ever since so no matter what is your reply, I will happily accept it." He said.

"I see..." I replied with a low voice as I look down.

"Anyways it's getting late. Let's head home now. It's bad to stay late outside." He said.

"Yes. Let's head home." I replied.

"Also Marie. You don't have to rush it. I know I told you to reply before christmas but, I want you to consider it yourself without pressure. So please treat me the same as before." Arnold said.

"Got it. I will be sure to reply when that time comes." I replied.

"Thanks." He said.

We walked home together. The steps we make feels so slow. Maybe the time around us or the mood is the cause. But whatever it is, it felt somehow feels pleasant.

Maybe this is why Maki did not come with me to the gate today.

Then I reached my home. We said goodbye to each other as I enter my house. I placed my bag beside the sofa and sit there after closing the door.

I should be happy when he confessed but... when I heard him confess his feelings... all of the sudden Maki's name comes into my mind. When I think about going out with him... it feels painful. As if I don't want to change my relationship towards Maki.

I stare at the ceiling and after thinking for a while, I came into a conclusion.

"I see... so I actually fell in love to Maki... this is bad. After all Maki is..."

I said as I close my eyes with tears slowly flow in my face.

5