Lavender
14 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now I am laying in my bed. Usually I should be at school but I decided to not go today. I just called in the school and said that I feel sick. This should allow me to stay at home for today.

It's been few weeks since I last saw Maki. Did she really disappear without a trace? If that so...

"How cruel... leaving me without saying anything... after what she did to me... after making me fall to her... now she just leaves me..." I said as I stare at the ceiling while tears flow from my eyes turning my pillows wet.

It hurts...

It hurts so much.

I know I love Arnold but I also love Maki now as much as I love Arnold.

This whole thing is making me confused.

So much that my heart feels like it will explode any moments now.

And now that I am here alone in my room, this is the first time I feel really alone. I never felt this before since I know Arnold is with me. He always stayed by my side. He even teached me how to overcome my fear before when I just entered 1st year. That must be the reason why I loved him so much. But...

Ever since that one afternoon. The moment I met Maki. Everything is changed. This is the first time I seriously felt at lost. This is the first time I seriously feel empty. So this is what it feels like when someone leaves you. If this is how it feels then...

"It's better to stay alone than having my loved ones leave me." I said to myself as I curled up in my bed and cover myself in my blanket.

Ever since I was a kid, nobody wants to be my friend. They all say I am boring. Nobody wants to sit with me or eat lunch with me. That is why I spend all the time alone. I always do my work alone. And I even live here alone. I always spend countless days and night alone in this room reading or sleeping. Till one day I meet him.

He is the first person who talked to me. Although I supposed it is just because I coincidentally helped him that time. However even after that, he kept on talking to me. He joined me wherever I go. Everytime I read in the library, he joins me. Even though he doesn't like reading anything except comics. 

When I eat lunch alone, he comes running at me to join me. When I am afraid to go to canteen to buy drinks, he will buy one for me instead. Whatever I do whenever I do it alone, he quickly comes and joins me. Be it at class or outside the class. That is the Arnold I know. The one who loves chasing cute girls. The one who always gets rejected and comes running at me everytime to complain. The one who drags me in his search everytime the school time is done. The one who asks me to teach him for his exams. The one who brings me to the school just to help him do his assignments and projects. The one that I love. 

Then there is Maki. A ghost I met by chance in an empty room. The beautiful rich mannered yet childish when something exciting happens girl who clings to me almost every single time. The one who claims who loves girls like me. The one who tells stories everytime I am alone in the library. The one who pushes lots of work to me as a request. And the one I also loved.

This two are the only ones who talked to me. Who approached me. Who gave me new experiences. And the one I don't want to lose.

Yet, Maki disappeared without a trace. I never thought about this happening before. I may have taken this for granted but, I am seriously enjoying my school life with this two by my side. But... one day, infront of me I saw, Maki holding a lifeless body by the neck. In a room full of blood splattered, full of scratches and broken objects laying around. This is where everything is bound to change. Maybe she really is no longer here. I know it all along. After all she told me before that her body starts to disappear if she used her full extent of ability. I know it all along. I knew it. And yet... I can't accept it. A part of me believes that she is just out there flying around as always. That she is just looking for something new to tell me when I spend the time alone in the library. But...

"She is gone."

The Maki I know is gone. 

She left me alone. 

And now what remains is...

"Pain and regret."

I should have spent more time with her before she is gone.

Now that she is no where to be seen...

I feel lost. I feel like I am back to my place before. That's right. Only if he comes again. I know if he comes again and help me once more. Then...

Please... someone... 

"Arnold..." I murmured to myself.

When all of the sudden I hear my window open. A loud thud is heard. I slowly remove my blanket and there I saw...

"Ouch! That hurts..."

There I saw Arnold laying in the floor. 

"Sorry about me entering in the window. I tried knocking but no one answers so I tried looking in the window and I saw you covered like that so..." Arnold said but I did not hear a thing he said.

My eyes became moist. It's getting hard to see. But. I can tell. He is here! 

I quickly removed the blanket and I lept to Arnold and give him a hug. Making the two of us fall once more in the floor.

"Arnold... Arnold..." I said. While crying as I grab the collar of his clothes.

"It's fine Marie. I won't let you feel alone anymore. I know about it. I know what happened. You must be sad right? Its fine. Just cry. I will be here with you." Arnold said as he caress the back of my head.

There I cried in his chest. Time moved slowly. As if only the two of us are living in this space.

"Arnold... Maki is... Maki is..." I said as I kept on crying.

"I know..." Arnold replied in a soft voice.

"Maki is... Aaaaaaaa" 

"It's alright. No matter what happens I will stay with you." Arnold replied as he continue caressing the back of my head.

There I spend seconds, minutes, hours crying in Arnold's embrace. My eyes, my face all turned reddish. Arnold's clothes got wet from my tears.

"Stay... with me... okay?" I asked him in a low voice.

"Of course. After all. I love you Marie." Arnold whispered.

"Hmmm... me too. So please... don't leave me... I don't want to... be alone again." I said as my hold in his clothes gets stronger.

"Yes... I will stay with you. I promise." Arnold replied.

So I spend the day in his embrace.

The night came. I finally calmed down.

"Thanks." I said as I wipe my face with a towel.

"No problem." Arnold replied.

I stand and leave the room. I called Arnold to follow me.

"Please wait here. I will take a shower first. And use that towel to dry yourself." I said as I enter the bathroom.

"Thanks." Arnold replied as he sits down in the sofa.

After I'm done in the shower I head out and return to my room to change clothes. Then I return to meet Arnold that is sitting in the sofa.

"Sorry for the wait. I'm fine now. Thanks again." I said as I sit beside him.

"No worries. Also here." Arnold said as he hand over a letter.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Rina asked me to give this to you. Apparently this is Maki's last wish." Arnold said.

I slowly open the folded paper and write the content.

Dear Marie,

If you are reading this then that means you just finished crying. I'm sorry about my sudden disappearance. However please understand. After all I can't bare to see your face after what I have done. I did awful things that is better not telling you. But please remember what I told you before. No matter what happens please don't hate yourself. Please don't hate the you right now. After all the you that I know, the you that talks to me and the you that loves Arnold is the one that I love. You are free to get mad at me. I understand. After all what I did is unacceptable. But please I just want one thing. Please... don't forget me. After all one only dies if no one is left to remember. I really enjoyed our days together. I wish for your happiness as always. 

Oh and make sure that you finally get to make Arnold yours. After all I taught you everything I know. I believe you can make him fall for you and I believe that you can be happy. After all he is the one who made you like this right?

"Idiot..." I said as I fold the letter back.

I stare at the ceiling while absorbing the contents of the letter.

"Seriously... you are so unfair..."

5