0018 – The First Wave
605 5 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Roar!"

"Roar, roar!"

Outside, the Snowstorm Beasts came in waves, lining up neatly in formation outside the forest, continuously roaring. Around their main nest, numerous small black holes split, and they orderly queued up, passing through one black hole after another.

Transported to a distant place. Their footsteps were heavy, creating tremors as they trod on the ground.

Under the growling of her stomach, Athena had already gotten up, cooking delicacies. Mushroom bear meat soup, very simple, and the taste wasn't even that good, but she enjoyed it nonetheless. It was already past 4 o'clock in the afternoon, but the chaos outside didn't pique her interest at all.

In the midst of everyone's panic, this was her most comfortable 24 hours. She opened the trading panel; the previous sale of long-tailed bear meat had long been taken down by her.

Her trading panel now only displayed one item, almost forgotten even by herself.

[ Selling Wooden Blocks ]
Price Accepting all kinds of drawings, tools, and things to pass the time.
Description If you want to survive the cold wave, you have to make a fire. Making a fire requires firewood, and if you want to upgrade your shelter, you also need firewood. Limited to 80 units, first come, first served.

It should have sold quickly, but because of the system's subsidies, it still hadn't sold out. 

She only traded for some scattered mineral water and compressed biscuits. There were no blueprints or tools that Athena wanted.

But unexpectedly, there was a deck of cards, looking at the cards in her hand, she was a bit bewildered; how should one play alone? 

She took them out and shuffled, feeling the familiar texture. She used to play with friends when bored, even though she hardly ever won. 

Standing in the room, she paced a few times to aid digestion, then placed three wooden blocks into the arrow-making box. When she opened it later, there were neatly arranged 15 wooden arrows inside. 

Although the bow came with 50 arrows, because of durability, even though Athena was already very thrifty, picking them up every time she shot them out. But wear and tear were unavoidable, so it was still better to use wooden arrows as much as possible. 

She piled up three wooden blocks next to the stove, stacking them together. Then, she started practicing with wooden blocks as targets on the opposite side.

The bow was like a full moon, the arrows like stars. She only stopped when she felt a slight ache in her arms. 

What was the best way to recover? It was, of course, to directly add strength points. 

She opened her personal attribute panel. 

Attribute Panel
Name Athena Ravencroft
Experience 141
Title  [ Hunter ]
Race Human
Gender Female
Strength 4.5 + 0.4
Speed  2.1
Agility 1.8
Mental 2

"Exchange experience into attribute points!"

Successfully exchanged for 1.4 attribute points, 1 experience point remaining.

"All added to strength attribute." As soon as Athena's voice fell, the system panel changed. 

The fonts above started to blur and eventually disappeared altogether. 

Finally, the system burst out with a burst of white light. 

Athena was dazzled by the bright light, so she closed her eyes for a moment. 

When she opened her eyes again, just a moment later, the white light on the system had already faded away. But her personal attribute panel had undergone tremendous changes. 

Following that, her body began to emit crackling sounds, a surge of heat spreading throughout her body, as if her entire body was being reshaped. 

The world in front of her began to slow down, the instant of a meteor shower, now slowly unfolding before her. 

She even felt unstable under her feet, unable to control her body. 

In an instant, she lost her balance and fell to the ground. 

[ Hunter ] title strength bonus temporarily unavailable!
Strength has reached the maximum value for the current section!
Please update and break through the barrier as soon as possible! 5 strength skill draws in progress!
Player's physical fitness and strength mismatch, unable to fully adapt, please adapt as soon as possible!
Remaining attribute points available for free allocation.
Personal attribute panel updated.
Attribute Panel
Name Athena Ravencroft
Experience 2
Title  [ Hunter (Locked) ] 
Race Human
Gender Female
Strength 5
Speed 2.4
Agility 2.1
Mental 2.3
Skill Attachment (attaching strength to weapons, weapon attributes will be significantly enhanced, with an extremely low probability of triggering a deadly state! ) 
Are you exploring the limits of humanity? Congratulations, you are about to enter a whole new world.

At this moment, Athena couldn't see anything, the comfort of her body vanished when the body transformation was completed, leaving only pain. 

She lay on the ground, cold sweat dripping from her forehead onto the floor, her entire body's organs convulsing in agony. 

Unable to make a sound, she could only fiercely cover her chest with her hands, letting out a silent scream.

 "Knock, knock, knock!" Someone outside knocked urgently on the door. 

"Knock, knock, knock."

Athena, paralyzed on the ground, moved her fingers slightly. It wasn't until the knocking sound rang out again that she slowly opened her eyes. 

Athena dragged her weary body and leaned on the bed before finally getting up. She had almost thought she was going to die just now. It seems that every 5 attribute points is a turning point, and if you want to add attribute points, you must first match your physical fitness. 

She let out a long sigh of relief; she had narrowly escaped death. It seems that from now on, she would have to allocate sufficient time for exercise every day. 

Attribute points could only accumulate slowly. If she hadn't been exercising before, she might have left this beautiful world the first time she added 3 points directly.

"Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock!!" 

The people outside were gradually growing impatient; the time between each knock grew longer, and each knock grew heavier. 

Athena finally shifted her gaze towards the wooden door, but she had something else on her mind. 

Lifting her hand was still the same as usual; she hadn't turned into a Barbie doll made of steel. It was just when she clenched her fist that she could feel the burst of strength. 

"Knock, knock, knock, knock!" 

The lost soul begins to feel like you might have died inside.

Athena opened the door only to find that it was already pitch-black outside. While she was unconscious, much time had passed. 

The lost soul stood outside the door, still holding the knocking position. Seeing her finally opening the door, he raised his head and looked at Athena with an unfriendly gaze. 

Athena straightforwardly took the nail-sized parchment from his hand. Without asking him why he hadn't brought any news last night, she just opened today's parchment. 

"They're about to start a war!" There were few words on the parchment today, only six in total. 

The lost soul anxiously paced below, urging Athena to return the parchment to him quickly. 

There was less than an hour left until daylight arrived. This was one of his few parchments left; if it was snatched away by Athena again, he would be left with nothing! 

Seeing that Athena remained unmoved and even rolled up the parchment, intending to toss it into the system space again, he panicked. 

"I can't give it to you anymore, I don't even have anything left to deliver next time!" 

He said loudly, his voice filled with anger. But because of his childish voice, even his anger seemed like a spoiled child. 

"..." 

The air suddenly fell silent. 

"A child?" Because of his first impression, she had always thought the lost soul was an old ghost who had died many years ago. 

The lost soul didn't care about getting his parchment back anymore. Maintaining his image for so long, he would ruin it as soon as he opened his mouth, so he hurriedly left. 

The purple font naturally provided the information. 

Lost soul's juvenile form, first arrival in the human world with unfavorable results.

...I always felt like I was bullying a child, but I didn't expect to actually be bullying a child, maybe even a child who's only been born for a few days. 

But can they be measured by human standards? I can't consider it as bullying a child; whose child wants to kill people right after being born? 

In just a few minutes, the darkness outside began to recede, and daylight was about to arrive. 

No wonder that guy was in such a hurry; he probably knocked on the door all day yesterday. I've been asleep for almost a day...


Daylight has arrived, please begin exploring the world!

As usual, she calmly performed a set of radio gymnastics. 

Holding the moonlight bow and arrow, she stood outside the wooden door and looked into the distance. The ground vibrated, and tens of thousands of Snowstorm Beasts entered one small black hole after another in an orderly manner. 

There was also a group of Snowstorm Beasts particularly conspicuous, coming towards Athena's direction. Their number was greater than those being sent away now. This was the effect Athena had after stacking double buffs. 

The huge black hole emitted darkness outward, even though it was daytime now, the daylight around it was being eaten away by darkness. 

Countdown: 00.00.13
The first wave of Snowstorm Beasts has arrived!
Players, please prepare yourselves. A round will occur every two hours, totaling four rounds this battle!

With the system's prompt sound, the first batch of Snowstorm Beasts had already arrived at Athena's doorstep. 

Due to special events, the monster spawn quantity for "Big Dream" player has significantly increased!
Number of Snow Beasts in the first wave: 10

Sure enough, what should come always comes. The first round, which should have had only two, suddenly turned into ten in the blink of an eye.

Each subsequent round would double, plus her own doubling... 

Looking at the courtyard, still bald and covered in snow, Athena suddenly thought that if the bodies didn't disappear, she wondered if there would be enough space in the yard to pile up so many corpses. 

"Boom!" "Boom!" 

The sounds of two cannon blasts rang out simultaneously, and even the heavy snow couldn't conceal the scorched earth. The battle had begun. 

With her right hand holding the bow and her left hand drawing the string, the first wooden arrow broke through the defense of the Snowstorm Beast with a sound of tearing through the air. 

The Snowstorm Beast in the front had already fallen, its body dispersing. 

Athena's gaze turned to the back where there was a creature different from the normal Snowstorm Beasts. Normal Snowstorm Beasts were over a meter tall, but it was over three meters tall, exuding a strong sense of oppression. Its fur color was closer to snow, and if it weren't for Athena's enhanced attributes and improved vision, it would have been easier to observe such subtle creatures. 

Perhaps it wouldn't have been noticed at all, this creature that had already merged with the snow. It stood at the back, coldly watching the Snowstorm Beasts falling one by one in front of it. 

Congratulations, you have defeated the first wave of Snowstorm Beasts!
The second wave of Snowstorm Beasts will refresh in two hours.
Experience points +10, no package obtained
Countdown: 02.00.00
50