0038 – Sun Medal
708 4 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The teleportation portal in the room began to rotate, and a familiar figure slowly emerged from it. Three little creatures squatting in front of the portal excitedly bounced around, having woken up on the bed only to find Athena Ravencroft missing. There was only a strange door in the room, attempting to enter it but getting bounced out, so they could only squat there.

Witty leaped up directly, aiming a palm towards her face, but before it could land, Athena grabbed it and held it to her chest. She then picked up the other two from the ground and carried them to the bedside.

Sitting on the bed, she seemed somewhat heavy-hearted, opening her tightly clenched right fist to reveal a Sun Medal resting quietly inside. This was the medal that Alfred had placed on her chest, a gift given to her in his final moments. Athena admired him greatly; even as he led the entire city to perish with Galore, there was still a trace of a smile on his face.

They survived the explosion initiated by the Light, thanks in large part to the fruit given by Alfred. Though they were in the midst of it, those rays of light did not harm them in the slightest, just as the system said, they witnessed its demise.

When everything returned to calmness, the system's teleportation portal appeared, absorbing all the surrounding energy into itself, and their mission was completed. Athena raised her hand and neatly pinned the medal onto herself. She didn't know what others would do, but she would keep her promise, just as Alfred said, to let the world know that the kingdom of Sol had not perished...

The fruit they consumed was his best blessing. Those protected by the Light had the right to welcome the coming of the daylight!


The daylight has come, let's start exploring the world.

The three little creatures noticed that Athena's mood was a bit off, so they stopped being restless and quietly squatted beside her.

"Ah, seriously, you kept me up all night! And I still have to continue fighting monsters later, what a tough life!"

As she spoke, she raised her hand and tousled the smooth fur of the three little creatures, messing it all up.

"I'll take a nap, remember to wake me up later," she said, not even bothering to look at the three angry stares, and leisurely lay down on the bed, closing her eyes to rest.

Not only Athena but also a large group of players didn't sleep well last night. The darkness came an hour earlier than usual, making everyone anxious. But everything remained calm until the latter half of the night when the survival count on the system panel started fluctuating. About two people died every second, although the frequency wasn't high, the whole process lasted for less than a minute, but it was enough to make everyone panic.

The regional chat panel was flooded with messages; everyone urgently wanted to know what had happened, but no one came forward to answer. Those who could answer had already died. It wasn't until some people looked at the dimmed avatars of their friends and speculated that those who died might have been people whose Light Candles had burned out.

Although they knew the situation of the deceased, they still didn't know how they died.

2638/10000
Countdown: [00.05.00]

When there were 5 minutes left in the countdown, Athena was awakened. Taking a nap amidst the busyness improved her mental state considerably. Without further ado, she beckoned the three creatures to go out with her, even though they couldn't be of much help, watching was also acceptable.

The teleportation portal had appeared by now. Athena controlled the earth walls underground. The rising earth walls blocked the path to the courtyard, forming a new passage instead. She created a maze that was narrow, tortuous, and not easily navigable, intending to trap the Fire Leopards inside and slowly kill them.

Unfortunately, the earth walls could only be placed outside, and various defensive props could only be used inside the courtyard, so in the end, she had to do it herself.

00.00.23

Seeing that time was running out, she found a suitable position to stand and summoned earth walls to rise from directly beneath her. Standing steadily above the earth walls, she ascended with them, allowing her to overlook the maze's interior. She placed the three little creatures on top, instructing them not to move around casually to avoid falling.

00.00.00
Monsters have respawned

A leopard dashed out from the teleportation array, its fur fiery red with black patterns, and flames adorned its four paws. With every breath, flames accompanied it. It ran forward swiftly, as fast as the wind, but its target was blocked by a massive earthen wall. Spewing flames, it attempted to burn the wall, but it had no effect. When it raised its claws to try another attack, it instinctively felt uneasy and quickly jumped aside...

An arrow flew unerringly to where it had just stood.

The fire leopard snarled with sharp teeth, its eyes fixed on Athena standing on the earthen wall. What a delicious meal she would make.

Athena, seeing her first shot miss, wasn't bothered and aimed again.

However, the fire leopard didn't intend to give her a chance to aim. It darted around the maze, unable to accelerate in the narrow, tortuous space. This made it increasingly agitated. When another arrow shot towards it, it finally became extremely angry and didn't flee again.

It stood still and breathed out a flame, instantly incinerating the wooden arrow. Its gaze towards Athena turned from that of prey to wariness.

It raised its sharp claws, intending to climb the earthen wall. Its sharp nails dug fiercely into the wall, and it actually began to climb upwards. Athena knew its intentions.

Despite the increasingly dense arrows shot at it, it continued climbing without hesitation, occasionally tilting its head to spew flames, destroying the wooden arrows. Some arrows that hadn't been burned pierced its body, but it remained indifferent and continued upward.

With two wooden arrows stuck in its body, blood dripped along its fur, yet it didn't falter.

Closer, closer!

The fire leopard roared excitedly, but Athena remained unmoved, shooting another arrow at it.

The fire leopard's gaze became fiercer. It continued climbing upwards, trying to approach the human who kept shooting arrows at it, but gradually, it realized something was wrong. No matter how it climbed, the distance didn't shorten. As it climbed, the earthen wall continued to sink into the ground.

"Roar!"

Athena watched the unwilling beast. This time, she replaced the wooden sword with the iron arrows that came with the bow.

As she shot an arrow, the infuriated fire leopard, still standing in place, attempted to use the same tactic, trying to burn the wooden arrows with flames.

The unstoppable arrows pierced through the flames, directly hitting the fire leopard's eye. The immense force pushed the fire leopard backward, and the unbearable pain made it half crouch on the ground.

The surrounding earth walls moved, fixing its movement range in a small circle, making escape impossible.

Athena once again took aim with her bow. The fire leopard below whimpered for mercy, but its claws were not hidden well.

The skill 'Attachment' has been triggered with the fatal effect!

Unable to avoid it, the fire leopard died.

Experience Points +50
Share your thoughts below and click the heart icon if you enjoy the chapter!

52