Better To Sleep
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shi paused when he heard what Kui said. Is he going to feed him? Shi didn't like it. He felt uncomfortable with this level of care. His suspicions couldn’t help but rise when someone cares for him. His fear of being greedy of this warmth that doesn’t belong to him seeps into Shi's heart, suffocating and straggling him. But why is he afraid? He wasn’t afraid even when being tortured, committing murder or fighting. Was he afraid to lose this peace? Couldn’t be.

“No.” Shi quickly raises his hand, blocking Kui’s hand. Shi didn’t even notice that with this large movement he had torn open one of his newer wounds, not noticing the slight twinge of pain every time he moves his hand. 

Kui glares down at Shi. Sighing to himself. “Okay, I won't. Look you've reopened your wounds.” Kui gently brings his fingers to smooth his own brows. This guy really doesn’t pay attention to his body.

Kui softly sighed. Pointing down at the bowl of porridge, Kui says a warning. “I'm going to go get the supplies so that we can clean and rewrap your wound. In the meantime, please eat the porridge. If you can not use the spoon, then please allow me to help you, okay? If not then I'll feed you Dean’s cooking instead.” 

Shi shivers at the thought of Dean’s cooking. To be honest Dean had tried to make food for Shi before. It could not be considered food anymore when he was done. Shi had been poisoned many times so he was practically immune from most poisons, however he doesn’t think he could survive Dean’s cooking.

Shi stared at Kui for a long while. He doesn’t want Kui to show so much care. No, he just fears it. However, he fears Dean’s cooking a lot as well. Shi's brows scrunch up. Maybe he should just not worry about reopening wounds and keep trying to eat by myself?

Kui coldly glanced at Shi as if he knew what he was thinking. “If you reopen more wounds then I'll feed you even more of Dean’s food.” 

Shi silently looked away from Kui. Kui glanced at him before walking downstairs. Shi turned his attention back to the spoon that was laying beside the bowl. Shi calmly stretches his right hand towards the spoon. Grabbing it gently and loosely, Shi lifts the spoon up. 

Clang

Shi watches as the spoon fell back to the same place. Shi moves his hand to repeat this action like a robot. Finally, he hears the sound of footsteps stopping before him. “See, you can't eat it on your own. Let me help you, please.” 

Shi pursed his lips at the begging tone Kui used. This was not a beg for him. This man was truly using him to replace someone. Shi felt his stomach turn. His appetite long gone. Forcing himself to eat made him feel sick, but he had to. 

Kui scrutinizes Shi, watching his reaction to his words. Kui had gotten used to watching people very carefully. It was easier for him because he had very sharp eyesight. Seeing Shi’s movement become sluggish and the way he pursed his lips, Kui knew that Shi could tell that he used Shi as a replacement.

Kui didn’t do it purposefully, nor did he pick Shi up to be a replacement. He simply just reminded him a bit of his sister, that’s all.  Besides, it’s not like all the care he gives is because of that. Kui sighed in his heart. He has been sighing a lot lately, maybe he’ll age 10 years because of how much he's been sighing. 

Kui swiftly and deftly picked up the spoon before Shi could. Scooping up a small mouthful of porridge, Kui began to coax Shi. “Eat, I know you dislike this but you must eat for your health. Stop worrying about whatever it is, your safe here. Right now, focus on your health. Everything else can wait.” 

Shi carefully watched as Kui tried to coax him. Hesitating for a moment, Shi finally leans forward, bringing the spoon into his mouth. Sweet… Shi hadn’t had sweets in a long time, he had completely forgotten that he could have preferences towards food. He had forgotten that he had a sweet tooth.

Kui watched Shi's eyes brighten with a genial smile. He liked when Shi has a bit of childless on his otherwise expressionless face. It was kind of cute. Kui never minded the scars on Shi's body or face. If he was being honest even if Shi was even more mangled then this, he would still find him kind of cute. 

After finishing less then half of the porridge, Kui gently takes Shi's hand and began to unwrap the red and white gauze. Making sure not to aggravate the reopened wounds. Blowing gently to help alleviate the pain. 

Shi watches with indifference as the man carefully cleans and applies the medicinal cream. He didn’t care that his hand looked so bloodied and scarred. Especially since some of those were his own doing. 

Finishing, Kui walks downstairs once again. Coming back up, in his hands was a cup carrying a medicinal smell. 

Kui quietly brings the cup to Shi's lips. Whispering softly. “Now that you’ve eaten, it's time to drink the medicine and rest. Now be good and drink it.” 

Shi stares for a moment before opening his lips to drink the bitter medicine. Before, Shi had hated bitter food. But now he had gotten used to far worse food, bitter foods didn’t bother him anymore.

Seeing that Shi had finished drinking the medicine, Kui helps him lay down before taking away the small table that was on the bed. Leaving silently after saying goodbye. 

Hearing that Kui was gone, Shi slowly closed his eyes to rest. Shi felt very tired. Better to sleep then to think. Shi sighed softly as his mind wonders into the realm of dreams. 

_____________________________________________________________________

Honestly, the first few chapters are so peaceful. Now we shall wait till the rowdy little devils come! 

ヽ(;▽ ;)ノ

2