Volume 0001-Transmigration, Chapter – 001 – Movie-Like scene
991 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the day Rick woke up, he was met with an unfamiliar sight, hearing strange sounds and gibberish words from the side. He looked where the sound was coming from and saw strangers beside him and was suddenly hit with extreme pain in his head causing him to faint into unconsciousness.

Somewhere on the road traveled a carriage containing 2 families of 7 peoples and their belongings. Inside the carriage, nobody notices the sudden movement of the child who laid there presumably unconscious.

 

While in a coma-like state, Rick was met with an Earth’s Middle Age scenery and thought he was watching a movie. He looked around and took in the marvelous sight in front of him, but wasn’t able to move freely and couldn’t understand the gibberish words spoken by people nearby, because he was stuck to a newborn kid of several months, who was carried around by a woman walking with a man, likely the kid parents.

 

The first year of the scene was truly horrendous as when the kid needed to sleep, Rick could only stare in darkness for about 15 minutes while sometimes hearing gibberish hushing words in the background which he couldn’t understand, until the scene finally moved on when the kid opened his eyes.

It was all too real and wondered why the movie was shown this way. The first 2 years of the kid’s growth Rick learned what the kid learned, his first spoken words in their language “mom”, “dad” and other easiest one-words and gradually learned his own name from “Theo” to “Theodore James Wilde”, speaking and writing this world’s alphabet.

The same was for Rick but understood more through the spoken language by the adult conversations and learned the written words in books when Jade would read books out loud while Theodore would sit in her lap and listen.

Theodore's parents are father Eric, the youngest child of the Patriarch Karl Wilde of the noble Wilde Clan, mother Jade who was a former servant in the main Wilde main mansion and was now pregnant with her second child.

Eric managed the Wilde Clan’s Shops as Chief Store manager, which sells various types of basic ore; thin, copper, iron, and some others, which were melted and used for the production of various goods such as utilities, armor, weapons, and affordable jewelry. Jade often helped in the shop at various positions wherever she was needed. Eric was less at home since he had huge responsibilities in managing the shop, thus less time with Theodore upbringing.

Also, the shops sell the spoils of wars after each won battles between their Kingdom and the hostile neighboring Kingdoms, especially the Thorns Kingdom. The older brothers of Eric, Aren, and Francis are part of the elite army of the Axe Kingdom, who took most of the spoils since Aren is the commander of the elite army.

 

Soon Theodore's sister was born Jenna when he was 2. Theodore and Jenna bonded with each other very quickly in Jenna’s 1st year and became inseparable from each other. During that year Jade's personal assistant May birthed her first child, daughter Maggie, 2 months younger than Jenna.

Maggie joined Theodore and Jenna later in playtime. They got along nicely and grew up happily together for another year. In the latter half of that year, May supervised the 3 mostly, while Jade helped out Eric with the store as the Clan had plans to expand their business to other Duchies.

 

Theodore's life also changed at this point, he missed his parents, mostly his mother but also his dad whom he had seen rarely. But he reached the age of 4, which was the start of learning noble etiquette. It has been silently agreed to be taught at that age by all royals and nobles within all Kingdoms.

Some parents even start teaching from a younger age, to allow the children to be taken to parties held by royals or other noble families earlier. This is done to introduce, their well ‘early’ educated child to others, to proclaim their child to be ‘talents’ or ‘geniuses’ from their families, which parents wouldn’t want their child to be called as such.

This is the reason why most of the royal and noble children turn out to be conceited and naive, besides the typical and deserved arrogant charm all royals and nobles carry as they were above and have authority over commoners, peasants, and slaves.

This was a hot-topic for servants about other noble families children, who liked to gossip while doing their chores, which didn’t go unnoticed to Rick and overheard their conversation while Theodore played near them.

 

Theodore being 2 years older than Jenna meant he would sooner start learning noble etiquette on his own because Jade insisted that her children would need to enjoy their innocent child’s happiness till their 4th year and won’t allow them to learn the strictness of nobility till then.

They looked inside the Wilde family to find a buddy for Theodore of the same age, who could start learning together. But there was an age gap between Theodore’s age and the ages of his direct nephews and nieces. The closest was 2 years older nephew Phillip, son of Eric’s older brother Francis and wife Ilsa Stillard, but he already was advanced in his learning while Theodore is just starting.

Eric talked to his brother if he would allow his son to mingle with Theodore and joined some lessons together. His brother discussed with his wife and agreed as it would be good practice for Phillip himself since he was also taught on his own by his wife's father the Great Elder of the Council personally.

Teaching and training were mostly done by Eric’s personal assistant Bruce Strickland, May’s husband, and Maggie’s father, or May. They switch often so one could assist Eric and Jade with work depending on their schedule and the other could either watch over Jenna and Maggie or teach Theodore, while the girls were handed over to other servants. If both were needed by Eric and Jade, then tutors were hired.

 

As Rick watched, he could feel Theodore's misfortune coming and thought: “There is no consistency in Theodore's most important part of his child’s growth. Perhaps Phillip is able to give him some of that missing consistency.”

 

Theodore was met with a period of lonesomeness. Besides learning writing and speech, which he learned pretty well, he met his nephew Phillip. Phillip explained some of the teaching materials given by Bruce and in turn, when they were alone, they played frequent scenarios between noble and commoner behavior and handling, Theodore who was the commoner. As to keep Theodore happy, Phillip brought sweets for Theodore as treats. This went on for several months, which soon changed Theodore's whole attitude slowly.

Theodore began to hang out with Phillip outside the lessons. Eric and Jade were glad that Theodore made a friend and lay down their worries of Theodore being lonely. What they didn’t know is that Phillip started teaching Theodore things what they wouldn’t want him to learn, such as contempt to all lower classes and other mischievous things like pranking and teasing. Phillip also taught to hide this contempt, because it’s unlike the nobility to show it bluntly in the public.

 

Soon the scenes were showed fragmented as Rick watched on and saw Theodore often standing in daze or sleeping longer than how long he usually sleeps. Showing fragments, how he treated servants and commoners with contempt besides in front of Bruce and May. He became a mischievous fellow.

Rick could only shake his head to this, he was afraid he would turn out to be a spoiled, naïve, arrogant, conceited, and lazy type of noble child which indicated that when he grows up he would be met with a lot of reality shock. He turns back and watched on.

 

At 5 years old, he was introduced to the outside, which triggered Rick’s attention and thought while listing to Bruce talking to Theodore: “So as I thought a world similar to the period of the Earth’s Middle Ages where civilians were treated as commoners and peasants who were oppressed by the nobles. Slaves were traded, haggling merchants, guilds for various professions, academies for the learning, the magnificent ancient architecture of roads, walls, and buildings. Kings and nobles ruled over their lands and levy a heavy tax on everyone in their territories, especially the lower classes.”

 

Focusing back on Bruce lecturing Theodore, Rick saw various locations and learned that this is the noble Wilde Clan’s territory and is called Wild Dragon Duchy in the Axe Kingdom.

The Governorship of the Duchy was granted 10 years ago by the current King Albert Axe to noble Wilde Clan when its heredity noble title was promoted to Marquis 2nd grade, which was earned due to military achievements by his grandfather, current Patriarch Karl Wilde of the Wilde Clan and Governor over the Duchy.

To maintain his Governorship, Karl Wilde used drastic measures, since influential nobles were eager to gain this position themselves for their family. Karl first retired from the military and recommended his eldest son Aren Wilde to take over his position with a juicy proposal that he would remain as advisor or strategist on call.

As soon as it was accepted he quelled the rising unrest in the Duchy by arresting the loudest stirrers, which soon followed with another round of arrest of the leaders. All consisted of commoners, with promises they would only be exiled from the Duchy, Karl Wilde gained the names of some minor nobles who financially backed the unrest. But they couldn’t be justified arrested as nobles could only be brought to Imperial Court for any legal matters.

But Governor Karl Wilde with his loyal elite guards paid a personal visit to these minor noble homes. Within a week they quickly moved out of the Wild Dragon Duchy and peace returned back.

With these swift actions from Governor Karl Wilde, it gave off a strong signal towards those influential nobles within Wild Dragon Duchy, the Governorship is in strong hands and it won’t be easy to steal. Governor Karl Wilde also organized once per 2 months a meeting between nobles and city lords, to discuss the affairs of the Duchy related to businesses and interests of everyone who attended. Making agreements that would benefit each other and to make the Duchy grow into the most favorable Duchy from all Duchies in the eye of the royals. The majority of the nobles agreed and some did not, but the minority could do nothing against a strong coalition.

 

These lectures went on for a year and in between, Bruce brought Theodore to visit other noble families to introduce him, while teaching him noble etiquette. Most of the content was lost in Theodore's head. Bruce could only shake his head.

Then a year later Jenna and Maggie joined Theodore etiquette classes. Theodore noticed the friendship between Jenna and Maggie and was quite jealous. He couldn’t understand why his younger sister would befriend a servant girl.

Multiple times he tried to break off their friendship by teasing Maggie, who often left crying. But Jenna was stubborn and stood up for her childhood friend Maggie, while Bruce and May could only shake their heads and only muttered: “They are still so young.”

The joined classes went on and the burden on Theodore lessons was getting heavier with an increase of other various subjects, like History of the Axe Kingdom, math, different races, which made him not eager to listen to any more lessons and just brushed them off.

 

From here on the scenes started to more fragmented, only a few scenes were shown as it was something Theodore enjoyed doing, such as pestering Maggie, pleasing Jenna, harassing commoners, playing with Phillip, and learning new tricks from him.

 

Here Rick thought: “If you are going to show me a movie, don’t show it as a movie-like scene all fragmented. It’s so incoherent, rather show it all!” With no other choice, Rick kept on watching.

 

After watching some torturous fragmented scenes, it became a little clearer when Theodore turned 8 years old. He was sent to the Wilde Clan training camp, where he got physical training with others of the same age, mostly children of the Wilde Clan servants, which of course Theodore treated them with contempt.

Theodore trained alone and sometimes was joined with Phillip in practice, who soon gave up as he couldn’t keep up with Theodore and didn’t want to lose face losing to his 2 years younger nephew in face of the servants training on the side.

Meanwhile, Theodore was infatuated with the new classes he learned, ‘Practice QI’. This world atmosphere consists of zillions particles of various types of QI, which can be used by people who are called practitioners. Depending on which particle QI the practitioner has an affinity with, they are then branched off into 2: one is Battle QI and the other is Magical QI.

To reach this state, the practitioner first has to strengthen his or her body through daily exercise. By the age of 12, he or she needs to feel his or her inner QI, which can be used to refine his or her entire body to the utmost strengthening of the human body and follows a specific rule.

This stage is Body Refining, which in the practitioner’s knowledge is known as preparing the body for accepting of external QI.

 

At 9 years old, unbeknownst to anyone, Theodore sat in meditation alone in a sealed room not accepting any visitors. He focused on his inner body to feel this so-called QI. The unruliness and eagerness to try made him disregard any warnings from his teachers.

After 6 hours of long sit, he felt a tingling inside of his body that grew stronger and stronger. Happy with the results he stopped because he didn’t know what to do next, after careful consideration he went to Phillip to share his accomplishments. Who was surprised to what Theodore did, Phillip was shocked at first, but then reprimanded Theodore of his unwise actions because he didn’t have any manual that would show him what to do next. He told Theodore that it could harm his body and he might explode if he kept on building up energy, that’s what his teachers told him.

Phillip asked Theodore to wait and to focus on exercising the body. He also asks not to tell anyone what he did. Phillip explained it would be a surprise to all in the family if Theodore would able to start with training ‘Practice QI; Body Refining’ before the age of 12 or even younger. Perhaps it would be celebrated within the entire Kingdom.

Phillip would try to gain access to the manual ‘Wilde Clan’s Practice QI secret technique’ from his father and share it with him. If Phillip wasn’t able, he would gain access to it within 1 year, since then he was ageable to learn ‘Practice QI’.

Theodore promised to wait and went back to his dull physical training. The movie went back to fragmented scenes with periods Phillip telling Theodore that he didn’t get the manual, several times.

 

Here Rick thought: “Why is this movie always being showed with fragmented scenes with when Phillip is around? Does he have any ulterior motives, but he himself is just a kid, he couldn’t come up with this on his own? What mysteries are held in this family, gnah gnah gnah?

 

After a while the movie came back with a clear scene, Theodore is 10 years of age.

That day Theodore was training Wilde Clan’s dual wield swordsmanship, which he was pretty good in, but often got tripped by the instructor.

In turn, Theodore got bored and laid stretched on the ground. Following the scene Theodore was called by a servant with a message from Phillip to head back to the main mansion, supposedly Phillip had something urgent to tell him, which could only be done personally. Theodore thought perhaps Phillip had the manual. He was so elated that he forgot everything and ran off the training field, leaving the instructor stunned.

Once Theodore entered the mansion, he was met with a servant who told Theodore that he was sent by Phillip to lead him where Phillip is located. Still elated with happy thoughts of receiving the manual he entered a room, but once he walked in everything turned dark.

 

After waiting for 10 to 15 minutes for the scene to return, Rick angered by this: “What the ….., why is it still all dark, how long does it take for it to continue? What… what… is this…” Rick was met with drowsiness himself and slipped into a coma himself. 

 

 

Author tries to explain:

  • Yeah, told you it would be a slow start, but I would like the interpret my own way of transmigrating, usually Protagonist is fed with a series of memories and the life of the previous soul is described in short and modified in later chapters to fit the story, but I would display my Protagonist as a blank sheet, who is experience slow change where the story takes him and grow steadily with the tools he been given from the start and set rules. Though it might change as I as well left some flexibility in the story.
  • Grow with him and feel the story as you read, these emotions I do miss with some fast paced novels I’ve read on the web. But they have their own charm and excited parts, which I have learned much from and enjoyed.
12