Volume 0001-Transmigration, Chapter – 007 – Past Life – Decision
487 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rick made an hmpf sound on Spacey the last comment and continues his read:

Spatial Active Visit hours is the limited time Host is able to visit the Active Space, currently, 5 hours received at level 0 when the limited time ends Host and any authorized visitors will be forcibly removed from Active Space and it will go into hibernation mode to be recharged in isolated Space.

During this period Spatial Server will require connecting with the atmosphere of where Host came from and renew the fixed location from where Host enters OFT-Space. The old cells Host body shed would have turned to dust and all the energy dissipated. It would take about 1 hour remaining in one spot to shed enough cells again to pinpoint the Host location in the outside world.

It will also prevent people with strong senses not missing your presence. Once the shed cells are filled with enough energy, the Host is able to reenter OFT-Space. Entering OFT-Space will also initiate the countdown of the available Spatial Active Visit hours, the host is free to enter and exit the Active Space during this period. But the counter will continue to run so the Active Space keeps on progressing until the counter reached 0 and needs to recharge again.

This process is untraceable to the outside world unless an outsider is quick enough to enter the room and to see the Host body physically disappear, which wouldn’t evade Spatial Server observation.

Rick asks Spacey: “If we could manage to maintain my shed cells, are you able to pinpoint each of their locations? I wonder if it could be used as something ‘The Yellow Flash’ did in the anime of Naruto, it would be terrific!” (1)

Spacey answers: “I am aware of Host thoughts and there are several things that Host needs:”

“First, grow up and train the body, Host is now in the body of a 10 years old child, which can be easily crushed. The host will need to instantly move from one location through Space to another location, imagine doing this instant moving 100 times. The host will drain his stamina and the energy content in your cells just by doing 2 jumps.”

“Second, Host body needs to evolve and I am sure there are lots of treasures out there in the outside world that can improve Host body, despite being afflicted by the Holy potion as it prime objective is to seals off your usage of energy, which affected your regular Life expectancy as all living beings need this energy freely moving about inside the body. We have to solve this as soon as possible.”

“Third, start learning the basics in Space-Time Law, which Host needs to fortify his knowledge in locating your cell positions. I am unable to help Host directly with such movements because it has to become a technique that should become second nature to Host, let’s call it instincts. Unlike Minato, Host could have 1000 times more possibilities as he was limited on the numbers of his special forged Kunai for his instant move. But the more possibilities the more complex Host thinking will become and the less emphasis on the meaning of instant would be.”

“Lastly, in the OFT-Space, Host can build a ‘Training Facility’ which offers visual simulations and adjustable training fields. The host can exercise his techniques with increased difficulties, which would help Host to stimulate his reflexes and master the technique. I would recommend Host too simultaneously learn a close combat technique, which perfectly matches this instant movement technique. Host already knows 2, Thai boxing, and Wing Chun. If you combine this 2 to one close combat technique, it would be greatly effective.” (2)

Rick exclaimed and happily says:  “Wow Spacey, it would be amazing to bring Minato’s instant movement technique in the real world. And yes, I already thought of those two martial arts to condition my current body. But I need to condition this body first to be able to do kick and fist training.”

Spacey says: “Host, you are on a 1-hour limited time before the OFT-Space Active Visit hours start, about 10 minutes has passed already.”

 

Rick answers: “Ah yes, let’s continue with the reading”

Spatial Active Visit hours can be increased with 5 hours each when Spatial Server levels up with 2 levels each. The recharging hours will increase with 1 hour as well, which the Active Space needs.

To decrease or nullify the recharging hours, the Host would need to find elemental source veins. Capture or obtain them and bring it into the Active Space. It will benefit the Active Space enormously when assigned to certain squares within your Active Space. This of course will also benefit Host himself, which improves the Host body drastically and could remain in Active Space indefinitely.

These things are rare but are not non-existing. There are alternative methods, like building power plants inside OFT-Space, but not a permanent solution.

 To enter the OFT-Space, Host just needs to think of the command <Enter OFT-Space> and to leave <Exit OFT-Space>.

Rick took a deep breath and says: “Before I continue with OFT-Space introductory, I am going to view my past life memories, to freshen up. Since OFT-Space is a reflection of my previous world, I want to see if I forgot something.”

Spacey answers: “Wise choice Host! Though I would like to remind Host that this is now in a New World, memories are memories. Sometimes Host needs to move on.” Rick answers: “I know Spacey. Memories are memories, but sometimes hard to forget. But keep pushing me Spacey and remind me to move on!”

 

Moving his finger to the selection he pushed ‘Life Experience of Rick Jokowiro’. A beam of light shot from the monitor and entered Rick’s head.

A lot of information about Rick’s past life was tangled inside the light. With this, he gained a lot of knowledge of missing information he has forgotten or suppressed he didn’t understand or didn’t want to understand. He had no choice to be confronted with these, such as lesson he followed in classes since Primary School to College, TV programs and movies he watched, novels he read, internet pages he visits, martial arts training, techniques he learned at work, all these memories flashed by in an instant, but remained vivid and clear in his mind.

Of course, there were happy memories as well, with his family of 6, 2 parents and 3 siblings. The family outing and parties, they enjoyed together and how they grew up. The friend's Rick made and they had fun in sports, going out dancing, movies, and all the stuff that makes growing up from child to teenager a molding adventure and his first girlfriend and his only one.

Too bad memories from her being raped and hearing all the torment she suffered during the police report. From there it went all downhill between relationships with family and his friends. Being afraid he would erupt with his growing bad temper and harming them, he distanced himself from all of his family and friends.

Too sad memories from his mom dying due to a blood disease, who he took care of for 2 years to the moment she died and he himself was not healthy anymore and contemplated suicide, but on his mom deathbed, she saw it coming, she asks if he would remain to take care of his dad as he would be all alone when she passes away. Rick agreed.

Till the moment he himself died and the last moments were showed vividly, in his previous life that day he had an argument with his dad, so he retreated to his room. To relax, he played a game Farm Together which he builds up nicely, still being depressed he slowly slipped in his chair while playing the game. And as Spacey said a distortion took place and sucked their soul into a dimension with Spacey blurting its first sentence.

That was the last image he saw and if it weren’t for Spacey, he might not even remember all of his past life experience.

 

Sitting on the bench reminiscing about his past life, he kept wondering: “Why me? What exactly have I done to deserve this second chance? If I just died in my original world at 41, all was fine though. Is it just a coincidence?”

Spacey intervened and says: “Host it must be a coincidence that we were chosen. We were there just at the right time your previous body died and got selected, perhaps it’s me! But we are here now and we have to carry on. There are people out there in this current world who care for the Host now. Fill that emptiness with their love and care. So you are not alone anymore and there is me!”

Hearing this made Rick contemplate and thought: “Well, mom I kept my promise to you, but I myself wasn’t in a great state of health and mind. I don’t know how I left them, but it’s for the better I was just a scrooge hanging on, its better this way. Now I am currently somewhere else, experiencing some sort of second life, although this boy was super naive, I can try to make something out of it with Spacey who’s supporting me. I don’t know where it will lead me, but I am willing to give it a try since this body is young and hopefully I can learn new things in this new world. Though it will be hard, you know me. I have a strong resolve to try anything although I gave up in my previous world, I wasn’t the youngest anymore. I’ve met hardship in my old life and with the experience I gained, I will change things around, though in this new world.

Thanks, mom, dad, brother, and sisters for having known you. Things were not great within the family, but we made it happen somehow. Farewell!”

 

Having figured things out, Rick put a resolve and made a decision, he speaks to Spacey: “Spacey from now on I am Theodore James Stone. And you can call me TJ instead of Host, thank you for being by my side.”

Rick made a resolute decision by accepting this new life granting him a second chance of making something out of him. He also understood that he couldn’t go back, 80 years have passed since he died in his previous world and had to accept that everything now has changed there as well.

But since Rick is here in someone else life, he will make damn sure that this person will live his life to its fullest and won’t make any of his relatives and friends unhappy, even if it’s forced to them by outsiders. From now on he’s Theodore. (3)

Spacey comments: “That’s the old you, I remember in your previous life, TJ. Keep it up, we still have setbacks we need to resolve in this current life, but I am here to support you and are able to hear me. So let’s work together on making this life a wonderful one!”

Theodore answers: “I am truly sorry Spacey for messing up my previous life. I didn’t know how it turned out that way perhaps my own narrow-mindset led me to that way of thinking. But now that I can hear you, I will openly discuss with you about a lot of things. Hope you ready for it!” Spacey response: “Affirmative!”

 

Theodore looks at the monitor and pushed ‘Active Space and Offshoot Farm Together (OFT), Introductory’ and the monitor flashed twice and changed, showing:

Active Space and Offshoot Farm Together (OFT), Introductory:

Active Space is a piece of Isolated Space that is provided for the Host to design it to something Host wants it to be. But to maintain such Active Space, the Host needs to be aware that certain Laws need to be managed and provided to keep the harmony between air, water, and land balanced. If you construct something you need materials if you grow something you need soil, water, and light. Where does that all come from? The host has to take it from somewhere, to use it in his own Space.

To make Host aware, Spatial Server has gathered all these together inside the isolated Space from the surrounding space in the dimension and placed them inside a piece of isolated Space and grew it to a well-harmonized ecosystem, which Host is currently not allowed to access.

Spatial Server has given Host a separate piece of Space and designed it in such a way that Host can learn how to manage such Active Space and build it to something so that Space can rely on its own without Spatial Server or Host intervention.

When Host receives other blank Active Spaces, Host isn’t clueless what needed to build it up. This is the prime directive given by the Spatial Server.

In turn, Spatial Server has given Host several advantages to start with the current Active Space: OFT-Space, which is based on the game Farming Together, though heavily changed as some mechanism didn’t reflect the Host previous world.

Work hard Host in leveling up the OFT-Space and Spatial Server to gain benefits from them and to be used in the Host outside world…

Theodore says: “Well Spacey, you are really mean for banning me out of your paradise!” Spacey answers: “It’s all for your own good TJ, I don’t think my paradise can’t disinfect your drool when seeing it.”

Noticing Spacey's slight change in response, Theodore exclaims and says: “So you do know how to joke! But it’s fine! I’ll build something that will amaze you silly. I do love SimCity 4, also The Sims 3, building it all from scratch in my previous life.” (4)

Spacey answers: “Won’t happen. But I do agree with you, those Cities you had built were well made and well managed. These skills would help you in structuring your OFT-Space well.”

 

Theodore continues to read:

… Offshoot Farming Together is a concept that has been taken from the game Farming Together. Where the player needs to gain experience points and receive gold by farming. Selling the harvested crop would give the player diamonds and through quests, the player could also gain additional medals. These all were needed to gain access to better crops, structures and even unlocking more terrain. The concept is flawed if used on this Active Space. If from farming you receive gold, all farmers in the real world would be millionaires, so will Host…

Theodore exclaims: “Rats!”

… We changed it into actual selling the goods to markets. The host will receive a decent amount of gold and instead of diamonds, magical crystals (MaCs) in compensation. Gold is needed to buy seeds, building design, landscape design, and need for buying all sorts of products.

The host can get those later when factories and facilities are constructed. As owners of these structures, they receive the proceeds of the sold items. This can be Host or anyone Host authorized to enter into this space, but this is for the future, where Host can assign workers.

But the most important point is that Host is able to keep the goods and can decide to sell it in OFT-Space itself, where Host will get gold and some MaC as compensation. Or bring it outside in the world and sell it there, where Host might receive even more gold, but no MaCs. Also, the Host can consume the goods himself with relatives and receive neither.

Spatial Server recommends selling almost everything inside the OFT-Space first to level up both quickly to at least level 5. The host can keep enough for his own and relative consumption.

MaCs will play an important role within the OFT-Space as it used in almost all structures. This is to allow the structure to be provided with energy and run as it intended to work. Some structures required a lot and some just 1.

MaCs are also needed for most of the visitors who are granted to enter the Active Space as they have no concept of Space-Time Law. Those who have, need to channel enough Space-Time Law energy to enter while in contact with the Host. The host will also need a large number of MaCs to expand his terrain in the near future.

Theodore asks: “This is a totally different concept from the game, but I can see medals won’t work in this OFT-Space though you could implement tasks! And where are the diamonds?”

Spacey answers: “You can forget about the tasks TJ, no free gifts! As for diamonds, they are basically magical crystals but very immature ones they haven’t been pressurized enough to sustain energy within. If on Earth they manage to contain energy into those diamonds, they would have another source of clean energy to utilize instead of fossil fuel.”

Theodore says: “So close but so far away. We made a mess out of Earth, taking the first discovery of fuel as the prime source and milking it for centuries and not advancing to alternative clean methods, polluting our environment. If an alternative was found, the discoverer would be paid, imprisoned, or killed off, to make it unknown to the world, so sad.” (5)

 

 

Author tries to explain:

  • 1) Minato Namikaze aka Yellow Flash is again a reference to the Manga / Anime Naruto. Although highly fictional in most of the books and games, this webnovel is set in a fantasy world, so expect a lot of adaptations from those. But this author will try to reference them to you reader, so if curious you should be able to find some resources on the internet, especially YouTube.Though I like to find some logic in these ‘arts’, if it is possible to do in the real world. If not than with some logic twist in Cultivation make it possible and try to explain the usage so for you to understand.
  • 2) Thai Boxing is a Martial Arts which originated from Thailand and called Muay Thai. An aggressive boxing technique where everything is allowed except ground fighting. Wing Chun is a Martial Arts which originated from China. A Martial Art that focuses on defense and counter attacking. Though usually they choose to attack first and ask questions later. Input Evil Grin [Here].
  • 3) Say farewell to Rick and here enters Theodore. Though there will be references to Rick’s past life experience, so don’t be confused when reading it in future releases.
  • 4) SimCity 4 (2003) and The Sims 3 (2009) are games published by Electronic Arts which I used to play. These games are nostalgic for yours truly. It helped me a bit in knowing City Management. ., the memories!
  • 5) Although unknown as many of the past inventions weren't wildy spread, there been a lot of conspiracy theories written. The most famous was Telsa, who offered the world free energy, but supposedly got himself killed in one of his experiments. Belief what you want to belief.

 

9