Volume 0000-Auxiliary– Spatial Server Database – History of Death Magic v1
598 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Note: Auxiliary page for: Volume 2, Chapter 34)

 

Collection: History of Death Magic (v1)


As far as they currently, may, know, and is written in published History Books, which over the years were drastically revised. But some of the old records were kept by Death Mage families as they were proud of their History, which of course they intentionally leaked through various means. Copies were kept in every noble household, including the Wilde Clan.


 

All data are collected and summarized:

About 450 years ago Death Magic was a common occurrence within Kingdoms on the planet Azure, due to the abundant Death QI lingering in the atmosphere. The Mages who practice this kind of Magic were highly sought after by Kingdoms for their armies, as they have the ability to crowd control enemy armies on large terrains and the more advanced form of Death Magic is Necromancy who are able to refine the fallen into Corpse Warrior.

At first, there were general concessions between the Necromancers and Kingdoms that they will return the refined bodies of the fallen back to whichever party they belonged too after each battle. This would remain a military secret. It also assured the Kingdoms that the Necromancers aren’t building their own private army for their families and turn against them.

With their reputation of being the best War Mages in Kingdoms they were given a higher status within society and military, titles were thrown at them to please them by royals and commanders. This of course brought disaffection and jealousy amongst the other Mages and nobles.

Due to them being praised, they were also deeply scrutinized and investigated by the other Mages. They quickly discovered some bad seeds within this group of Death Mages, who just did what they want. There wasn’t an overall control by someone within these Death Mage families. Over time the deeds of these bad seeds accumulated and public outcry became more and more which was a cause of unrest within Kingdoms.

Rumors started to leak to the public that they used the bodies of their own soldiers to fight off other races or other Kingdoms armies. In essence, this was true, cause in battle a necromancer can refine a corpse of the fallen and have it join the fight again. But they left out that after the battle they undid the refining and turn the corpse back to the families it belongs too. They tried to refute the claims and explained them. But to no avail.

Other rumors started to spread that the families need to be cautious and cremate the bodies after receiving their fallen, they will be filled with plagues or the refining wasn’t undone and they are used to infiltrate their families and steal their possessions.

All these rumors affected all the Death Mages on the continents. Soon Royals were pressured to expel Death Mages in their armies by nobles and commoners alike. A business owned by these Death Mages was boycotted by the public and vicious glares were put on their properties. But luckily not all Kingdoms fell into the plot.

The Oden Kingdom held a strict grip on baseless rumors and soon traced the spreading of these rumors to the Holy Light Church, which send their fanatics to spread these baseless rumors to be spread through vocal whispers and publications of books.

But the damage has already been done and most of the Death Mage families started to decline first in the Thorns Kingdom and soon spread to other Kingdoms. After being in the limelight of about 2 centuries. Some Death Mage families moved from other Kingdoms to Oden Kingdom others remained.

Although the Oden Kingdom publicized its findings, it couldn't turn the opinions around. It festers inside the minds of Noble and commoners to be cautious around Death Mage families. And there were always fanatics to proclaim which house and business belong to a Death Mage family, even if they tried to hide their identities.

Thinking back it seems that the action the Holy Light Church took was because of the Light Mages, who were threatened by the Death Mages of having similar healing abilities. Light Mage's involvement within the army became less of importance as Death Mages.

Death Mages could take control of the front line themselves and also were good as support on the whole of their armies with their study of the human anatomy and knowledge of herbs. But due to the high evaluation of the Kingdoms, they became less and less supportive due to arrogance, which opened an opportunity for the Light Mages to be recruited and intelligence be collected by the Holy Light Church.

They used the public to isolate the Death Mage families within the Kingdoms and slowly let them decline to mere lesser nobles, forcing them to sell their properties and going into hiding. In armies more and more Light Mages were recruited and the need for Death Mages became a thing of the past.


 

Known spells of Death Mages (DM) and Necromancer (NM) are:

DM/NM - Plague (fog spreads disease, illness in an area of effect)
DM/NM - Corrosion (affects armor and weapons)
DM/NM - Malice (affects opponents in an area who are weak of mind and stuns them)
DM/NM - Expulsion (decays nearby corpses to release horrible toxic gasses)
DM/NM - Remove Curse / Disease / Illnesses (spell that repulse any afflicted curse/disease/illnesses within the target body)
DM/NM - Surgery (spell stitches any internal and external wounds on target)
NM- Refine Living Corpse (Reanimate the dead with a contract of the caster aiding in their fights).
NM- Corpse Explosion (Sacrifice a Corpse Warrior to do damage within an area of effect).
NM- Summoning Underworld (Summons a contracted Living Corpse/Crazed Zombie/Skeleton-warrior) from the Underworld)

 


Reference Books:

- 'The Plague' author 'HLC'
- 'Sins of Humanity' author 'HLC'
- 'The Truth within the Military' author 'HLC'
- 'Vengeance of the Death Mage' author 'HLC'
- 'True history of Death Magic' author 'Death Mage G. Nerr, published by Oden Kingdom'
- 'Death Mage no different to Light Mage' author 'Death Mage E. Hester, published by Silken Kingdom'
- 'Other side of Death Magic' author 'Death Mage A. Sim, published by Silken Kingdom'


V1: Updated - November, 13th, AGA 1213 (Outside world current date)

 

 

Author tries to explain:

Don't go looking for these book titles as they are currently fictional inside this story. I might take some future projects. But I will be first concentrating on this main story.

4