Chapter 5: Power
47 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A blinding blue light appears in front of me.

So this is the power of the hobo's angel. That "1" in "Kills"...is the hobo. I have more questions though.

"Sinners left... what exactly does that mean, Pravuil?"

"Self-explanatory. It is the quantity of sinners left in this planet." he says with a very rapid tone. One thousand nine hundred and twenty three sinners. One thousand nine hundred and twenty two will go to hell. That hobo never even attempted to kill me. Is he fine with that hell? That pain? Compared to heaven? Crazy.

"It was only I that made you taste hell because I wanted to. I'm not like Pravuil who decided to help an undecisive fellow like the hobo." 

"..."

"That is the arsenal at your disposal. Control is Raziel's power that allows you to command anyone, anywhere."

I didn't even mutter any words yet. Do all angels have a habit of reading people's minds?

"Status Display is mine and you saw how it functions earlier. You can ask me to display other status like the controls you have left."

"Okay."

Control allows you to control anyone, even animals anywhere. Your soul will leave your body and possess the one you chose. Your original body will remain in the spot soulless until you chose to return (Look at your own eyes). Requires one sinner kill to charge.

Very interesting. I have loads of ideas with this power. Like controlling someone who owns guns and go on a rampage or find a sinner and kill myself. There's a cost though. It seems I have to kill other sinners to use this power, unlike Status Display. 

Controls left: 3 humans 100 animals
Conditions to work: Must be seen with your eyes and must know a name. Must be seen with your eyes.

"One sinner, '3 humans + 100 animals'... huh. I have to kill more..."

"You can't just simply kill another sinner. You were just very fortunate earlier." cuts Pravuil.

"She's more of a demon than actual demons I've met, you know?" adds Raziel.

"She had this hunger against that poor person. She must've sensed he's a sinner like her." Raziel is just rambling. Absolutely no truth about that... none. 

Pacific Hanasaki (Sinner)
Suicide method: shot herself in the top of her left temple. Angels: Raziel, Pravuil.

Another status display was shown but it's about myself. I know all about this by now, but I don't see the point of showing this to me.

"It shows your suicide method. The only way to k-" blabbers Pravuil but was shut up by Raziel.

"Shhh, Pravuil. Let her figure it out for herself. I guarantee you, it will be the most entertaining." What did he mean by that?

"But my entire purpose as an angel is to deliver the necessary information to successfully execute the schematics of God into this world! How can-"

"Just shush, will you?" Raziel holds Pravuil and they suddenly vanish from my sight. No matter. I might as well experiment with this new power.


I remembered the stray that was following Raziel back on the train station. I went there and it was indeed there. One thing I don't know is... 

"You say the power you want to use. It doesn't matter how loud it is, as long as you mutter the words." says Raziel. Didn't knew it was that inefficient.

"It's a fair price, I would say." he adds. 

I looked at the dog, a very famished looking one with white fur and some black spots, and finally whispered the words. "Control."

W-What just happened? The world suddenly changed as if everything was more colorless yet- I smelled a lot of things I never had before. I can tell every tiny difference of every person's scent that passed through this station. I weirdly even smelled my own body there at the bench. Each step is louder than what I am used to when the heels of the- 

"Here you go, doggie!"

A child throws a piece of meat in front of me. Ahhh that... SMELL. IT'S SO GOOD. I HAVE TO EAT IT. YES. THIS IS SO GOOD. YEEEEESSSSS. HAHAHAHAHAH THIS IS SO GREAT! I LOVE THIS CHILD! HAHHAHAHA GIVE ME! GIVE ME! HE THREW ANOTHER ONE! I HAB TO CHASE! RUN RUN RUN! 

YES I GET FOOD! DELICIOUS! WHAT IS THAT? A CAT! SHITCAT! CHASE! GRRRR CATS! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE! WHAT! CAT JUMP! I JUMP TOO! I CAN'T REACH BUT I MUST CHASE CAT! JUMP! JUMP! THIS MAKE ME TIRED! PANT PANT PANT.... I walk find cat. shit cat. i smell cat hehe. i go here. i smell human. i want food. I see blonde...

M-mom...? Everything came rushing back. My body, my mind, and my life. I am Pacific. And I'm in a body of a dog. I remember using the power of Raziel to control a dog. Everything after that was a blur until now. 

"Well done. A typical human would succumb to the mind of the beast. Your soul is still weak, but you can make it stronger." says Raziel. 

The sight of my mother helped me regain my conciousness. I guess it's time to return to my real body. The restaurant is just a few blocks away from the train station, and as my real body enters my sight, someone else is beside it. I utter the words in my mind as I see my own eyes, different colors and all because I'm a dog.

"Return."

"Ah! Pacific-chan! You're awake!" Kana loudly declares with delight.

"I've been trying to wake you up for a while now but you won't, your heart didn't stop or anything so I-" she rambled about taking precautions...

"- just watched over you in case someone touch your... big... ass..ets.. or something!" it seems like someone did violate me. In any case...

"Good work, Kana," was all I can say. I don't want anyone messing with my real body. I can overlook if she is the one who did. She may be stupid and clumsy but I can see she's sincere about our friendship.

"You should go home now. It's getting late." She tried to give reasons to hang out with her, but I finally found something to do. She gave up and went on her own separate way. I return to my home.


I spent honing my power last night controlling every animal that I saw, even Catsuragi, a gecko, and a fly! The further the animal is to a human being, the harder it is to retain my soul. I spent a good 3 hours being a fly. But eventually, I conquered them all. Using all of the 100 animal cost, I am prepared to start my own quest.

"Everyone, let us welcome the President of the United States!" said the U.S official on the T.V.

"I, Ronald K. Gump, is proud to tell you about our new relationship with China." The tall, brunette, very slobbering president of the most powerful country in the world is shown on every T.V. network around the globe. There is supposed to be a project that would improve their relationship and would benefit both nations but what they don't now is that... I exist. This is the first time I am trying this, but I think this would work as long as I see their eyes and know their name.

"Control - Ronald K. Gump." 

"My biggest and most tremendous announcement is-" The president pauses for a bit. 

"Hey?! Mr. President?!" President Gump smacked his head in the table, until suddenly, he said:

"I declare war. Send all the nukes!"

2