Chapter 3: Mission…
54 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Today, we will attack on the frontlines, border of…”

 

It’s the 3rd month of our class arriving this world, the commander talked about the incoming battle, he was the one who also helped us train said that this mission is for our sake of experiencing for our upcoming fight with the demon king…

Without stopping for the past months, we trained, killed monsters, learned everything about demons and this damned world, the only rest is eating and sleep. Everyone looked crazy… they had this craze eyes as if they would slice off the head of a passerby if they looked wrongly at them, but I don’t blame them… I would do it too.

They probably thought they would get cheats after arriving here and live a carefree life… but no, we live like soldiers, treated like dogs, like a horse… I don’t want to say it as if to set a flag but all of us are still alive… but maybe after this battle….

 

Ena-chan… I hope you are okay inside the castle…I hope, you are being treated right… I want to see you at least once before we go to the frontlines.

 

== ✠✠✠==

 

“Ahhh!!! My arm!! My arm!!! It hurts!!! Hel-” A cry was heard before being abruptly cut off his next words.

 

“I need an assistant!!!” a priest was heard shouting amidst the chaos ensuing.

 

“Diee!!!” A guy from my class shouted as he slashed on a demon diagonally to the chest, before ducking down immediately when he felt something behind him, an arrow flew over his head hitting directly on the head of another demon.

 

“Noo!! Hiroto!!! Ahhh!!!! Dieee!!!” A female voice, it’s from my class again, she cried as she saw her boyfriend died getting beheaded by a demon, with bloodshot eyes she fired a fireball big enough to decimate demons 3 meters wide… before collapsing due to mana exhaustion.

“…”

Ena… I…I’m fine… I will surely return safely….

Standing still I thought to myself as I looked around the battlefield with the smell of death lingering on my nose…

 

… No…. No more… I want to go home… I want to laugh while eating lunch beside you… I ca-

 

“Hey, what are you doing daydreaming about!!”

 

She shouted as she grabbed my shoulders and pulled me back strongly when an arrow passed by my face just an inch before it hit me, making me startled and returning to reality…

 

“A-aahh, sorry…” Cold sweat began to fall on my forehead and back, I shook my head to regain my sanity and thanked the female soldier…

 

“Say your thanks later and don’t be an idiot! Move!” She said as she dashed quickly and slashed another demon and blood splattered on her chest armor to her helmet.

 

 

== ✠✠✠==

 

 

*Sob* *murmur*

 

It was nighttime when the war finally paused, we finally got a proper breaktime after hours on the battlefield… but we cannot even relax as the demons might start another attack when we fell asleep, it’s taking toll on all of us.

 

“Hiroto!”

“Sakura….”

“Shit...”

“….”

 

It looks like some of our classmates perished, on this shitty world, however I felt nothing just emptiness when I saw them… I licked my dried lips; I tasted blood and immediately spit out in disgust.

 

“Shiina.” I looked back when someone called out to me… its sensei bringing a warm water.

 

“Thank you, sensei… you’re alive still I see... that’s good.”

 

“… yeah” She sat next to me as I looked at the stars while hugging my knees.

 

“…I’m a failure as a teacher…” *sob*

 

“…”

I patted her back gently as I don’t know what to do when I heard her cry her lungs out quietly, sensei hugged my body tightly, I didn’t push her away as it might make it hard for her even more later to put her weight onto someone, I wanted to cry too but nothing is falling…

 

…5 people in our class died in this battle 36 left, innocent lifes, gone, because of the problem of this world that we cannot control… and was pushed onto us.

 

I wonder how’s Ena right now, I hope she’s doing okay…

 

== ✠✠✠==

“Ena, I’ve got some food for you…”

 

“…”

 

“…Please eat, I’m ordering you.”

 

“Nggdh…” *Clink*

 

“…. Say ahh, we are going to take a bath after you finished eating, I’ll clean you properly so you can sleep comfortably later.”

 

“…I can do it myself.”

 

“…NO.”

 

“….”

== ✠✠✠==

5