Slave Company Chapter 5 Monster Tamer
1.2k 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Monster Tamer] was a low level blessing on the same level as the [Warrior] blessing, but compared to the [Warrior] blessing it was actually far weaker as the [Monster Tamer] blessing had no offensive capabilities by itself, even the lowest [Warrior] blessing allowed a person to grab a sword or an axe and slay dozens of monsters, but people with the [Monster Tamer] blessing had difficulties even killing a single horned rabbit without getting heavily injured in return.

Why was that?

The reason for that is because the blessings themselves not only give someone abilities only their blessing can provide but also gives them a particular line of strength and growth in a certain physical or mental attribute.

People with the [Warrior]’s blessing obviously need strength to be a good warrior this is what the blessing provides while also skewering their growth towards that direction as they get stronger.

All other blessings function the same with people who have the [Thief] blessing being more dexterous and fast on their feet while person with a [Wizard] blessing being more intelligent and wise.

The [Monster Tamer] is the same when it comes to this which is also the reason why people with the [Monster Tamer] blessing are so weak physically as their growth is fully focused on their charisma to control their monsters and nothing else.

After all, people with the [Monster Tamer] blessing weren’t combatants, as the name implied they tamed monsters to do their bidding, if it only came from this point of view, it was understandable why people with the [Monster Tamer] blessing were so weak, looking at it that way couldn’t it be said that people with the [Monster Tamer] blessing were actually quite powerful if they could gather their tamed monsters to fight for them?

But if this was the case no one would say that the [Monster Tamer] blessing was weaker than a [Warrior] blessing or one of the worst blessings that existed, the crux of the matter came with the fact how a person with the [Monster Tamer] blessing tamed monsters.

Avian knew that the basic requirement for a person with the [Monster Tamer] blessing to tame a monster was to be stronger then the monster he was taming, and since a person with the [Monster Tamer] blessing could barely defeat a horned rabbit which was one of the lowest level monsters because of their extremely low strength, it also meant they could barely tame a horned rabbit that most combat blessings could kill bare handed with a single punch.

There existed other similar blessings that did the same thing like the [Beast Master], [Summoner], [Chevalier] and [Wyvern Rider], these blessings could also tame monsters or at least control them, but they didn’t have the annoying requirement of needing to be stronger then the monster they were trying to tame while in return they could only tame the monsters of their blessings type which for people with the [Beast Master] blessing were beasts, [Chevalier] horses and [Wyvern Rider] wyverns.

People with the [Summoner]’s blessing were more magic oriented then actual taming as they summoned all kinds of monsters from different worlds to fight for them temporarily under a contract.

Furthermore, all of these blessings didn’t entirely rely on their tamed monsters to be strong but merely were a part of it.

Knowing all this, the [Monster Tamer] blessing only redeeming feature was that it had no restrictions when it came to taming a monster as long as they could satisfy the basic requirement.

Unfortunately, because of how weak a person with the [Monster Tamer] blessing was, most people with the [Monster Tamer] blessing found it simply impossible to cross the hurdle which was the basic requirement because of their natural growth that focused on Charisma and very little on every other attribute.

Because of this most people who had the [Monster Tamer] blessing automatically became some of the most useless members of society as they couldn’t do anything with their blessing having no other choice but to find another line of work to simply provide for themselves.

Avian had also read numerous other things regarding the [Monster Tamer] blessing that made it frowned upon, if this was Avian’s sole blessing he wouldn’t have doubted that he had extremely bad luck, but as it stood currently it wasn’t, which is why he couldn’t quite tell if this was bad or not considering there something else that changed the entire situation which was the second blessing that came to his mind, with the [Monster Tamer] blessing he was bestowed that didn’t show up on the divine orb.

Avian honestly thought deeply, but noticing the popes glare who didn’t look all too happy with Avian he quickly understood he should step away before he was ordered to or even shouted at.

A hero with the [Monster Tamer] blessing?

This was one sentence that couldn’t be even further apart from each other, with that in mind Avian quickly went to his classmates and teachers who were wildly discussing their blessings with huge excitement.

Seeing him approach they quickly asked him what his blessing was.

Avian replied honestly saying that he got the [Monster Tamer] blessing which made the others very impressed as they immediately understood what the blessing likely did from the name alone, fortunately they had no clue about how terrible the blessing was as they hadn’t studied about the blessings as much as Avian had, Avian also hid the fact that he had a second blessing which wasn’t shown, still not fully understanding what this blessing was as he hadn’t focused on it as much as the [Monster Tamer] blessing.

Feeling the gaze of the pope on him he hesitated and waited for a moment before he felt his gaze go away.

Only then did Avian feel safe enough to recall the blessing in his mind as he again felt the familiar connection before the name of the blessing finally came to his mind.

The blessing of the [Hemomancer].

==============================================================

Up to 60 more chapters on https://kakemonoko.wordpress.com/

24