Prologue
43 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[February 17th, 10:52pm, inside the HQ of Becco Di Sangue gang]

Fernando Rosasco, don of the infamous Becco Di Sangue mafia gang, is in a good mood today. This morning, he was acquitted once again by the Supreme Court for money laundering, drug trafficking and 52 other crimes. The reason for the acquittal was all the witnesses have conveniently disappeared right before the trial. Those sciocchi can try to bring him to justice all they want, but he will always find a way to escape.

It also pleases him that Felicità , Becco Di Sangue’s proud home made drug, has reached its one millionth sales this afternoon and still going up. The money from the sales are pouring in faster than a flash flood, and the accountants he hired are still struggling to manage the account. There is also the fact that three rival gangs have joined Becco Di Sangue, making the gang now almost two thousand men strong. Last he heard, the police force consists of around two thousand officers.

To celebrate these joyful events, he took out his favorite Luxardo Sour Cherry Gin from the wine rack and poured some of its content into his wine glass, a goblet made of crystal and has the emblem of the gang carved on it. Rosasco took a sip, then walked over to the glass wall right behind his antique table.

The HQ is one hundred floor tall, making it one of the tallest buildings in Desordre. Looking down from the top floor, Rosasco can easily see the entirety of Desordre.

‘Soon, all these will be mine!’ Rosasco said gleefully.

Suddenly, the entire office went pitch black, as all the lights had turned off by themselves. Rosasco deduced that something is wrong, the reason being this building has its own generator and as a result will never suffer from a power outage. He wanted to speak into his expensive platinum watch that doubles as a walkie-talkie, but realized that it was busted. He took out his smart phone and found that he couldn’t even switch it on.

‘What the hell is going on?’ He asked no one in particular.

After a while, he realized that there is nothing to worry about. If it is the work from intruders, he has two hundred guards all armed to the teeth, and each floor and staircase between the ground floor and this office is designed so that it is extremely easy for the guards to defend this place. Soon, his guards will dispose of the rats and restore the electricity, and everything will be alright again.

And so Rosasco waited, and waited. After waiting for another hour, he was starting to become paranoid.

‘What’s taking them so long? Even if they are not done with the intruders, the least they could do is climb up here and give me a status update or something.’

In situations like this, his plan was to go up to the top floor of the building, where a helicopter would be waiting. He had took time to learn to pilot a helicopter just to prepare for the worst, but based on the fact that all electronic devices are not usable, his only escape route is probably cut off. However, just waiting here would make him a sitting duck, so he might as well try his luck.

When he reached the roof, the helicopter is still there. Unfortunately, as he had suspected, he could not start it up.

‘What do I do what do I do what do I do…’ Rosasco keep asking himself the same question.

‘How about turning yourself in to the police?’ a voice suggested.

‘What? GIAMMAI! I will get out of this! ’ Rosasco yelled.

‘It must be nice to be so optimistic, given the situation that you’re in.’

After a pause, Rosasco turned around sharply, where the voice was from. There stood a blond man who wears all black: visor sunglasses, tight suit, metal gloves, and boots.

‘Hey there.’ he waved his hand at Rosasco.

‘How did you get here?’ Rosasco demanded.

‘Um, by using the staircase like you did?’

‘No, what I meant is, how did you bypass my guards?’

The intruder shrugged. ‘I killed them all.’

‘...What?’ Rosasco could not believe his ears.

‘Like I said, I killed them all. They did put up a good fight, but still no match for me. And now, you’re the only one left.’ the intruder raised up his left hand and pointed it at Rosasco.

‘Wai…’

Before Rosasco could say anything, a bolt of lightning appeared from the intruder’s fingertip and struck Rosasco’s head, killing him before his body hits the ground.

‘Whew, it’s finally over.’

The intruder disabled the electromagnetic field that was covering the whole building and walked to the lift. Then, he pressed the button to go down. Thankfully, the lift was at the second top floor of the building, so it only took a moment a arrive. After he went inside the lift, a familiar song starts to play from the speaker.

‘Wow, he listens to ACDC too? Now I kinda feel bad for killing him.’

Then he remembered all the things he and his gang did, all those lives they snuffed out, all those lives they ruined.

‘Then again, maybe not.’

Even while listening to the song from his favorite band, it took a few minutes for the lift to reach ground floor, long enough for the intruder to doze off. If it wasn’t for the cheerful ‘ding!’ noise the lift made when it opened, he might have fallen asleep in there.

‘Man, this is why I hate taking lifts. If only my legs aren’t tired from having to run all the way up there…’

Since the door on the entrance is an automatic one, he had to leave the building normally.Only then he started to run, disappearing to the night in a flash.

[February 18th, 7:50am, outside the HQ of of Becco Di Sangue gang]

‘...more than two hundred corpses, including Fernando Rosasco’s, were found, all of them died of electrocution.’ Claudia Simon, assistant chief of police reported to her superior Brody Hendriks, the chief of police.

Hendriks gritted his teeth. ‘Blitz.’

‘He is the only one who comes in mind, yes.’ Simon agreed.

‘Did our men find anything else in there, Miss Simon? ’

‘Besides the bodies, a few data containing records of money laundering have been found. There is also millions of dollars in cash, all kept in a huge safe. ’

Hendricks raised his eyebrow. ‘I always hear that our men have trouble cracking safes owned by gangsters. Did someone finally managed to crack one of those?’

‘No sir, it was opened, presumably by Blitz.’

‘What of the Felicità lab?’

‘The lab had been thoroughly destroyed, data and ingredients of the drug, all gone.’

‘I see. Anything else, Miss Simon?’

‘No sir, I believe that is all.’

Hendriks nodded. ‘Thank you, Miss Simon.’

‘My pleasure, sir.’

‘Honestly, the act of murder is inhumane, but if it happened to crooks like Rosasco, I have mixed feelings about it. ’ Hendrinks confessed.

‘Sir, someone might hear you.’ Simon warned.

‘Well it’s the truth! Anyone with a shred of conscience would be glad if he and his kind was eradicated from the surface of this planet. ’

If the eradication was done by a natural disaster or at the proper hands of law.’

‘Indeed. That’s why Blitz and the other underground heroes must be stopped, even though their hearts are mostly made of gold. ’

‘I have to say, Blitz is especially easy to empathize, since his heart is basically at the right place. If only he is not keen on murdering people.’

‘How true. I mean, he’s not fazed by the money kept at the safe at all! I sincerely believe that if he is corrected, he can be a valuable asset to the nation. Like Brightman. ’

‘We have to arrest him first, sir.’

‘And until then, he will be up to all sorts of things. ’

2