21. Black Blonde and Blue
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oida! Look look! I found another Artemis flower!”

Fio run a little as soon as she saw the flowers, she looked as happy as an elementary school kid enjoying a school picnic.

“It seems that there are quite a number of ignorant fools in this country, or maybe this is the work of the same group of idiots. Well thankfully they've got another job at Dahluc Sina now."

"I don't agree with slavery, I hope this country doesn't implement it"

“Unlike the people in the South, this Kingdom doesn't civilize it. And I'm not sure that Elvia will deport them to the other side, though that doesn't mean anyone can live free behind bars. Money is also needed to live in prison, quite a lot in fact. Especially with the war already at the door, I hope they don't get hit by stray bullets during forced labor on the front lines hahahaha”

“Those words are half a prayer, Zel-chan, uh Fio-chan maybe it's better if you don't pick them. Who knows it will be solace for the Goblins when they get out of prison, even if it's not much but if you appreciate someone's hard work, they will surely be happy"

“... ... ...”

Azel glanced at Kain as if he couldn't believe what he just heard, but it was all shattered by Fio's sudden reaction. This blue-haired girl seemed to have rushed to plucked the Artemis flower, and with a bright smile she ran over to Cain.

"OIDA! There are Goblins here? Did you meet the Goblins? I've never even met them in person though!"

"Is that true? From what we heard there are indeed several Goblin Villages in this area. The one we met yesterday was their secret hideout, right Zel-chan?”

“Secret hideout!!! Alright then, let's postpone our trip home. Let's hunt Goblins now! We will kill them all in their hideout and Village!!!”

Now Azel turned his gaze towards Fio with even more disbelief looks at what this little girl had said, for someone who looked friendly and innocent yet  what she said actually sounded cruel and sadistic.

“Fio-chan… what you said is really a vile thing you know.”

“Like it or not, we have to uphold Justice! Even if it all sounds vile!”

"Justice?"

"But I don't think it's a good thing to take other people's lives, we can't just punish someone even if their image is bad. They're also living beings with families, right?"

“They are pests! Threats to Humans must be eliminated and must not be allowed to proliferate!”

"Pest?"

"Don't worry, even if it doesn't look convincing. I am a Holy Child who is quite good at using Magic, the Flaga Clan has always maintained our qualities as role models for the People”

“Oh… So you're a Holy Child? No wonder your mindset is absurd”

"Oida!!! What do you mean creepy eyes?!”

Now it was Fio who turned to look at Azel with a sullen expression while her both fist on hips.

“Listen lass, I understand that you are a princess of a respectable kingdom and must be very proud of your status. And all of that might make someone in your position a little arrogant and proud, but remember that even with everything you have it doesn't mean you can take the lives of innocent people at will. I understand that you as a World Noble might have racist tendencies, but what you said just now was too much. Tch, was what you did in Lizarmen Village just now a charade?”

Fio's eyes widened when she heard Azel's words, her body seemed to tremble as if she was holding back a tremendous anger. And while shrugging her shoulders she walked slowly closer to Azel and...

“Wh WHAT! You're bad, really bad! How could you say we're racist! The Flaga clan are beauty worshipers! There is not a single beauty to be found in racism, we view everyone as equal just like 'Isago' who loves all beings by making his whole soul as a shield from the evil curse of the World! Did you know that Flaga was the first Kingdom in the world to allow Demi-Humans into Parliament and government? Our country is also the second largest recipient of immigrants after 'Ishtora', of course, and everything we do is for the sake of fighting for Humanity Rights and Equality of all race and Nations in the International World. I know what I need to know about what my Country is doing! And it's not all like your accusations, and how dare you think that I'm playing a shew on Remi and the others! That's a very bad, very heinous accusation! Apologize! Hurry up and apologize right now!”

The anger that suddenly came like waves crashing against a rock immediately silenced the atmosphere for a moment, but because Azel was the rock in question, he remained silent and didn't budge.

"Hah!? No matter how great your country's achievements in the international world, it doesn't immediately make you a great individual, you know! And who wouldn't be suspicious of someone who lightly talks about the desire for Genocide to a people with pride, let alone wearing a smile too."

“Nonsense! Monsters can indeed be exploited and used for their existence as pets and natural shields, but not with Demons. They are pests! Enemy of all living creatures!”

“Demons? You mean goblins?”

“It seems there is a misunderstanding here Zel-chan”

"Are you stupid? Scary eyes! Never heard of Demons roaming in the wild other than in Dungeons!? Throughout the year the Goblins came down from the Mountain and always caused chaos in the border, and what the soldiers missed went into the sewers to cause chaos in the City. Eating anything that lives and killing a lot of people, in Flaga it's common for them to be a nightmare for children you know! The common people were ordered to run as soon as they saw them, but not us. We Flaga have a plan in the near future to bring in troops and stop all this nightmare, even if those stingy Dwarves keep on not allowing us to enter and eradicate the source, but if the Alliance and the Great Powers have their will…”

“Wait a minute blue ass lass, that mountain you are referring to was it Belphegor?”

"Of course! OIDA! Who are you calling blue ass!!! How disrespectful!!!”

Azel sighed as if he had just understood what he was dealing with, The Belphegor mountainous region as the name suggests is the domain of the Mountain God 'Belphegor' who died several hundred years ago. And with the civil war protracted by the struggle for power after the death of the ruler there has made a part of the area into the Black Area like a big Dungeon, a place where Demons can appear anytime and anywhere. If this continues, the possibility of the emergence of Massive Dark Area is no longer just an estimate, and this has become a serious discussion among the World Elites to make a direct invasion to prevent the worst outcome whatever the consequences.

The Dwarves who fought against each other there might be able to dodge under the pretext of race honor, state sovereignty, territorial privacy or the like which had been blocking intervention from outsiders all this time. However, with the tragedy that occurred in the last 'Grand Fall', the famously neutral Central Alliance had unanimously agreed not to heed any excuse that would be given by those who claimed to be representatives of 'Agartha'.

“Kain, do you know about what happens if someone dies in the Dungeon?”

"I heard that their bodies will be taken over by the forces of darkness and become 'Kishin', they are a troublesome type of 'Oni' because they are very strong, stronger than when the victim was alive"

"Oida! You're wrong, you know! those who died in the Dungeon would become Zombies. And zombies are weaker than people when they are alive, this is common knowledge right? What is 'Oni'?... no! Creepy eyes! Don't change the subject! Hurry up and apologize!”

"Eh? Is that true? But we were warned so, therefore it was imperative to enter the Dungeon as a group. So that if someone dies then teammates can remove the victim from the Dungeon immediately. If the situation does not allow then we recommend bringing only the head, while the body must be destroyed on the spot so it doesn't become another problem."

The situation became quiet for a moment after 'Kain' finished his last sentence, Fio was now tightly gripping the Artermis flower with two hands on her chest while saying softly.

“You decapitated your dead comrade? Kain? "

"The worse never happen, but the chances are never zero. Before entering the Dungeon we usually promise each other to do what we have to do when the time comes... I remember my first experience entering the Dungeon, one of my friends who felt himself is nothing but burden was cried and asked us if the worst had happened to him. Then we should at least bring a piece of his body to take back to his family…”

“...”

Fio now seems to be giving all her attention to Kain story, her shoulders are looking down and she is now gripping the Artemis flower more tightly.

“But it seems, all the scary stories we hear about the many fallen victims and bad things on the first expedition for beginners are just the gibberish of our seniors. The teachers, instructors and hired guides closely guard each class. And you know what, after several expeditions, we even felt that their existence was no longer needed. And it all ended in punishment because we tried to steal the time for self-expedition. And what's worse, in the third year we simultaneously agreed to carry out independent expeditions outside of school hours and supervision, detention has become a regular thing since hahahaha”

"Oida! you guys are fools huh!? That's not good! Breaking the rules shouldn't become a habit or something bad is bound to happen due to a lack of discipline! Now I'm disappointed to have felt concerned earlier, Kain."

“It happened not without reason, we did it because there are quite a lot of positive things that can be taken from there... especially because of money anyway”

"Oida! Kain! I didn't expect you had that kind mentality! I'm really disappointed! Disappointed!”

“I almost forgot he was a holy child. Yup, there's no mistaking there. 'seine Schuhe'."

Kain felt a little awkward because his two traveling companions were now looking at him with a frown, although Azel had been looking sullen since the beginning of the trip it didn't make him feel any better.

"Wait, don't think so obliquely first, didn't I tell you there was a reason?"

"In the end, it's money, right?"

"Kain, don't let me down more than this, you know. Those who always think about making money will eventually ignore the important things and perhaps the most important thing, the essence of beauty is not something that can be judged by material things.”

“At least listen to me to the end~”

Cain's voice sounded gloomy, Azel and Fio now simultaneously folded their arms hoping that what he would say wouldn't make them more irritated.

“You see, expeditions under the Academy's supervision cost quite a bit of money. What's more, this is a trip out of the country for a few days, accommodation for lodging, preparation of hunting equipment and others of course have their own costs."

"Oida? Why doesn't the state facilitate it? Then why must you go abroad just to go to the Dungeon?”

“Uhh, that's the root of the problem. As far as I know, our Country doesn't have any Dungeons and that's common knowledge. Indeed Monsters still exist in the wild, but their numbers are very limited because the territory of our Archipelago Country is also limited in size.”

“Natural resource problem huh?”

Azel who heard Kain's explanation now realized something, he tilted his head slightly with a curious face. Judging from what Kain has shown during their journey, Azel is aware that there is one unique characteristic in Kain that refers to one particular Country.

"Are you from 'Yamato'?"

“Ehh, that's true. Don't get me wrong, I'm not 'Gaijin' you know! I was born and grew up there, my face even looks a lot like my mother!”

Yamato is an archipelagic country located in the southwest of the South Continent, perhaps because it is separated from the mainland, Yamato seems to have its own civilization and culture. For most Albion like Azel who came from another world, Yamato is a direct reflection of Japan in the golden era of 'Showa'.

"OIDA!!! YAMATO!? It's one of the most beautiful countries in the world that really upholds the aesthetics in art! We've been there several times and have never been disappointed by anything, a land where every corner is a work of art. We were also scheduled to head there after visiting Darcia, we didn't want to miss the 'autumn' festival there which was amazing in mid-March. Hehehe this is quite strange because next April 'Flaga' will celebrate the Spring Festival, it is a dream of mine to celebrate the Festival of the four seasons every month throughout the year in various Countries in the World!”

“That's because your Country is in the Northern Hemisphere while 'Yamato' is in the Southern Hemisphere, but you're right. Yamato is an okay Country, I've been there a few times and you could say it's the Japan of this World”

"Japan? Zel-chan you mean…”

“Right right right!? Once we're done here I'll head straight to Yamato, I refuse to miss the Festival.”

“Ummm Fio-chan, if you mean the Autumn Festival in Byakko territory. It's most likely that the Festival has finished by now."

"Oida!!! Why!!?"

"You know how long you've been unconscious? It's near the end of March you know, ukhhh. I should also hurry back, 'Regulus' always does the opening ceremony at the beginning of April and it's a very sacred event. They could have made excuses and used my absence as an excuse to annul my membership, especially when those bitches and stupid Dario joined in… wait. Aren't they also in this land? If 'Regulus' unilaterally refused my participation, I could have dragged them in as a defense… hahaha”

Azel chuckled after muttering as if talking to himself, with all the viciousness on his face making that laugh quite scary for a normal person. On the other hand Fio looked panicked and was about to cry after realizing her situation, She waved her hands quickly as if it was a pair of wings that would fly her away from here immediately.

"Oida! How is this? how is this!!!? Noooo! My Festival! Yakiimooo! Waaah~”

“Fio-chan~, well its true festivals are synonymous with good food. Oh yeah, that's also one of the reasons we hunted into the Dungeon on our own. The hunting money we usually use to enjoy festivals and…”

"Kain!!! Don't spoil the atmosphere by bragging about your hedon lifestyle! If you care so much about money, why don't you support me in hunting Goblins? After all, there will definitely be a reward, especially if we can destroy a base or their village. Surely the local authorities will give you lots of money to please you!”

“Fio-chan~!!! your sentence is really cold you know~! Even though my story wasn't finished yet~, why do I seem to have been dictated to like that! Wow~"

Now it's Kain's turn who looks like he wants to cry and also flaps his hands imitating Fio, they both have been trapped in their respective fantasies, Azel thought. Azel couldn't help but sigh at the sight of these two kids, it's true that their conversation had strayed and widened from the original topic.

“Hahaha, both of you stop whining. Materialism is also a path to walk in life, a lot of people choose to do it. I don't know if Genocide and massacres are natural things for the Bourgeoisie to show their status and power, but that won't happen here under my watch."

“Waaah~ Zel-chan, I'm not a materialist!”

"What do you mean by that you Creep eyes!? Goblin is… Goblin is… huh?”

Fio was holding back all his words because she saw something approaching from behind Azel. It seemed that without them knowing there was a group of people walking towards them, seen carrying a four-wheeled goods cart pulled by a donkey led by one of them. A few others walked around like bodyguards carrying spears and others pushed the carriage from behind.

If seen from afar, there is something strange about this group because their body size looks smaller than normal humans, it can even be said that their height is quite equal to Fio's. At first Fio thought it was a group of child laborers who were delivering goods, but when they got closer and confirmed their posture, skin color, and appearance. Fio's eyes immediately widened and she spontaneously shouted while pointing an Artemis flower at them.

“GOBLIIN!!!”

The Goblins who heard Fio's scream immediately stopped their movement, the Goblins in front looked straight at Fio. He then showed a surprised expression which was followed by an angry look and replied to Fio's screams.

"You! You damn Humans!!!"

 

###

"Oida! Look look! I found another Artemis flower!”

Fio run a little as soon as she saw the flowers, she looked as happy as an elementary school kid enjoying a school picnic.

“It seems that there are quite a number of ignorant fools in this country, or maybe this is the work of the same group of idiots. Well thankfully they've got another job at Dahluc Sina now."

"I don't agree with slavery, I hope this country doesn't implement it"

“Unlike the people in the South, this Kingdom doesn't civilize it. And I'm not sure that Elvia will deport them to the other side, though that doesn't mean anyone can live free behind bars. Money is also needed to live in prison, quite a lot in fact. Especially with the war already at the door, I hope they don't get hit by stray bullets during forced labor on the front lines hahahaha”

“Those words are half a prayer, Zel-chan, uh Fio-chan maybe it's better if you don't pick them. Who knows it will be solace for the Goblins when they get out of prison, even if it's not much but if you appreciate someone's hard work, they will surely be happy"

“... ... ...”

Azel glanced at Kain as if he couldn't believe what he just heard, but it was all shattered by Fio's sudden reaction. This blue-haired girl seemed to have rushed to plucked the Artemis flower, and with a bright smile she ran over to Cain.

"OIDA! There are Goblins here? Did you meet the Goblins? I've never even met them in person though!"

"Is that true? From what we heard there are indeed several Goblin Villages in this area. The one we met yesterday was their secret hideout, right Zel-chan?”

“Secret hideout!!! Alright then, let's postpone our trip home. Let's hunt Goblins now! We will kill them all in their hideout and Village!!!”

Now Azel turned his gaze towards Fio with even more disbelief looks at what this little girl had said, for someone who looked friendly and innocent yet  what she said actually sounded cruel and sadistic.

“Fio-chan… what you said is really a vile thing you know.”

“Like it or not, we have to uphold Justice! Even if it all sounds vile!”

"Justice?"

"But I don't think it's a good thing to take other people's lives, we can't just punish someone even if their image is bad. They're also living beings with families, right?"

“They are pests! Threats to Humans must be eliminated and must not be allowed to proliferate!”

"Pest?"

"Don't worry, even if it doesn't look convincing. I am a Holy Child who is quite good at using Magic, the Flaga Clan has always maintained our qualities as role models for the People”

“Oh… So you're a Holy Child? No wonder your mindset is absurd”

"Oida!!! What do you mean creepy eyes?!”

Now it was Fio who turned to look at Azel with a sullen expression while her both fist on hips.

“Listen lass, I understand that you are a princess of a respectable kingdom and must be very proud of your status. And all of that might make someone in your position a little arrogant and proud, but remember that even with everything you have it doesn't mean you can take the lives of innocent people at will. I understand that you as a World Noble might have racist tendencies, but what you said just now was too much. Tch, was what you did in Lizarmen Village just now a charade?”

Fio's eyes widened when she heard Azel's words, her body seemed to tremble as if she was holding back a tremendous anger. And while shrugging her shoulders she walked slowly closer to Azel and...

“Wh WHAT! You're bad, really bad! How could you say we're racist! The Flaga clan are beauty worshipers! There is not a single beauty to be found in racism, we view everyone as equal just like 'Isago' who loves all beings by making his whole soul as a shield from the evil curse of the World! Did you know that Flaga was the first Kingdom in the world to allow Demi-Humans into Parliament and government? Our country is also the second largest recipient of immigrants after 'Ishtora', of course, and everything we do is for the sake of fighting for Humanity Rights and Equality of all race and Nations in the International World. I know what I need to know about what my Country is doing! And it's not all like your accusations, and how dare you think that I'm playing a shew on Remi and the others! That's a very bad, very heinous accusation! Apologize! Hurry up and apologize right now!”

The anger that suddenly came like waves crashing against a rock immediately silenced the atmosphere for a moment, but because Azel was the rock in question, he remained silent and didn't budge.

"Hah!? No matter how great your country's achievements in the international world, it doesn't immediately make you a great individual, you know! And who wouldn't be suspicious of someone who lightly talks about the desire for Genocide to a people with pride, let alone wearing a smile too."

“Nonsense! Monsters can indeed be exploited and used for their existence as pets and natural shields, but not with Demons. They are pests! Enemy of all living creatures!”

“Demons? You mean goblins?”

“It seems there is a misunderstanding here Zel-chan”

"Are you stupid? Scary eyes! Never heard of Demons roaming in the wild other than in Dungeons!? Throughout the year the Goblins came down from the Mountain and always caused chaos in the border, and what the soldiers missed went into the sewers to cause chaos in the City. Eating anything that lives and killing a lot of people, in Flaga it's common for them to be a nightmare for children you know! The common people were ordered to run as soon as they saw them, but not us. We Flaga have a plan in the near future to bring in troops and stop all this nightmare, even if those stingy Dwarves keep on not allowing us to enter and eradicate the source, but if the Alliance and the Great Powers have their will…”

“Wait a minute blue ass lass, that mountain you are referring to was it Belphegor?”

"Of course! OIDA! Who are you calling blue ass!!! How disrespectful!!!”

Azel sighed as if he had just understood what he was dealing with, The Belphegor mountainous region as the name suggests is the domain of the Mountain God 'Belphegor' who died several hundred years ago. And with the civil war protracted by the struggle for power after the death of the ruler there has made a part of the area into the Black Area like a big Dungeon, a place where Demons can appear anytime and anywhere. If this continues, the possibility of the emergence of Massive Dark Area is no longer just an estimate, and this has become a serious discussion among the World Elites to make a direct invasion to prevent the worst outcome whatever the consequences.

The Dwarves who fought against each other there might be able to dodge under the pretext of race honor, state sovereignty, territorial privacy or the like which had been blocking intervention from outsiders all this time. However, with the tragedy that occurred in the last 'Grand Fall', the famously neutral Central Alliance had unanimously agreed not to heed any excuse that would be given by those who claimed to be representatives of 'Agartha'.

“Kain, do you know about what happens if someone dies in the Dungeon?”

"I heard that their bodies will be taken over by the forces of darkness and become 'Kishin', they are a troublesome type of 'Oni' because they are very strong, stronger than when the victim was alive"

"Oida! You're wrong, you know! those who died in the Dungeon would become Zombies. And zombies are weaker than people when they are alive, this is common knowledge right? What is 'Oni'?... no! Creepy eyes! Don't change the subject! Hurry up and apologize!”

"Eh? Is that true? But we were warned so, therefore it was imperative to enter the Dungeon as a group. So that if someone dies then teammates can remove the victim from the Dungeon immediately. If the situation does not allow then we recommend bringing only the head, while the body must be destroyed on the spot so it doesn't become another problem."

The situation became quiet for a moment after 'Kain' finished his last sentence, Fio was now tightly gripping the Artermis flower with two hands on her chest while saying softly.

“You decapitated your dead comrade? Kain? "

"The worse never happen, but the chances are never zero. Before entering the Dungeon we usually promise each other to do what we have to do when the time comes... I remember my first experience entering the Dungeon, one of my friends who felt himself is nothing but burden was cried and asked us if the worst had happened to him. Then we should at least bring a piece of his body to take back to his family…”

“...”

Fio now seems to be giving all her attention to Kain story, her shoulders are looking down and she is now gripping the Artemis flower more tightly.

“But it seems, all the scary stories we hear about the many fallen victims and bad things on the first expedition for beginners are just the gibberish of our seniors. The teachers, instructors and hired guides closely guard each class. And you know what, after several expeditions, we even felt that their existence was no longer needed. And it all ended in punishment because we tried to steal the time for self-expedition. And what's worse, in the third year we simultaneously agreed to carry out independent expeditions outside of school hours and supervision, detention has become a regular thing since hahahaha”

"Oida! you guys are fools huh!? That's not good! Breaking the rules shouldn't become a habit or something bad is bound to happen due to a lack of discipline! Now I'm disappointed to have felt concerned earlier, Kain."

“It happened not without reason, we did it because there are quite a lot of positive things that can be taken from there... especially because of money anyway”

"Oida! Kain! I didn't expect you had that kind mentality! I'm really disappointed! Disappointed!”

“I almost forgot he was a holy child. Yup, there's no mistaking there. 'seine Schuhe'."

Kain felt a little awkward because his two traveling companions were now looking at him with a frown, although Azel had been looking sullen since the beginning of the trip it didn't make him feel any better.

"Wait, don't think so obliquely first, didn't I tell you there was a reason?"

"In the end, it's money, right?"

"Kain, don't let me down more than this, you know. Those who always think about making money will eventually ignore the important things and perhaps the most important thing, the essence of beauty is not something that can be judged by material things.”

“At least listen to me to the end~”

Cain's voice sounded gloomy, Azel and Fio now simultaneously folded their arms hoping that what he would say wouldn't make them more irritated.

“You see, expeditions under the Academy's supervision cost quite a bit of money. What's more, this is a trip out of the country for a few days, accommodation for lodging, preparation of hunting equipment and others of course have their own costs."

"Oida? Why doesn't the state facilitate it? Then why must you go abroad just to go to the Dungeon?”

“Uhh, that's the root of the problem. As far as I know, our Country doesn't have any Dungeons and that's common knowledge. Indeed Monsters still exist in the wild, but their numbers are very limited because the territory of our Archipelago Country is also limited in size.”

“Natural resource problem huh?”

Azel who heard Kain's explanation now realized something, he tilted his head slightly with a curious face. Judging from what Kain has shown during their journey, Azel is aware that there is one unique characteristic in Kain that refers to one particular Country.

"Are you from 'Yamato'?"

“Ehh, that's true. Don't get me wrong, I'm not 'Gaijin' you know! I was born and grew up there, my face even looks a lot like my mother!”

Yamato is an archipelagic country located in the southwest of the South Continent, perhaps because it is separated from the mainland, Yamato seems to have its own civilization and culture. For most Albion like Azel who came from another world, Yamato is a direct reflection of Japan in the golden era of 'Showa'.

"OIDA!!! YAMATO!? It's one of the most beautiful countries in the world that really upholds the aesthetics in art! We've been there several times and have never been disappointed by anything, a land where every corner is a work of art. We were also scheduled to head there after visiting Darcia, we didn't want to miss the 'autumn' festival there which was amazing in mid-March. Hehehe this is quite strange because next April 'Flaga' will celebrate the Spring Festival, it is a dream of mine to celebrate the Festival of the four seasons every month throughout the year in various Countries in the World!”

“That's because your Country is in the Northern Hemisphere while 'Yamato' is in the Southern Hemisphere, but you're right. Yamato is an okay Country, I've been there a few times and you could say it's the Japan of this World”

"Japan? Zel-chan you mean…”

“Right right right!? Once we're done here I'll head straight to Yamato, I refuse to miss the Festival.”

“Ummm Fio-chan, if you mean the Autumn Festival in Byakko territory. It's most likely that the Festival has finished by now."

"Oida!!! Why!!?"

"You know how long you've been unconscious? It's near the end of March you know, ukhhh. I should also hurry back, 'Regulus' always does the opening ceremony at the beginning of April and it's a very sacred event. They could have made excuses and used my absence as an excuse to annul my membership, especially when those bitches and stupid Dario joined in… wait. Aren't they also in this land? If 'Regulus' unilaterally refused my participation, I could have dragged them in as a defense… hahaha”

Azel chuckled after muttering as if talking to himself, with all the viciousness on his face making that laugh quite scary for a normal person. On the other hand Fio looked panicked and was about to cry after realizing her situation, She waved her hands quickly as if it was a pair of wings that would fly her away from here immediately.

"Oida! How is this? how is this!!!? Noooo! My Festival! Yakiimooo! Waaah~”

“Fio-chan~, well its true festivals are synonymous with good food. Oh yeah, that's also one of the reasons we hunted into the Dungeon on our own. The hunting money we usually use to enjoy festivals and…”

"Kain!!! Don't spoil the atmosphere by bragging about your hedon lifestyle! If you care so much about money, why don't you support me in hunting Goblins? After all, there will definitely be a reward, especially if we can destroy a base or their village. Surely the local authorities will give you lots of money to please you!”

“Fio-chan~!!! your sentence is really cold you know~! Even though my story wasn't finished yet~, why do I seem to have been dictated to like that! Wow~"

Now it's Kain's turn who looks like he wants to cry and also flaps his hands imitating Fio, they both have been trapped in their respective fantasies, Azel thought. Azel couldn't help but sigh at the sight of these two kids, it's true that their conversation had strayed and widened from the original topic.

“Hahaha, both of you stop whining. Materialism is also a path to walk in life, a lot of people choose to do it. I don't know if Genocide and massacres are natural things for the Bourgeoisie to show their status and power, but that won't happen here under my watch."

“Waaah~ Zel-chan, I'm not a materialist!”

"What do you mean by that you Creep eyes!? Goblin is… Goblin is… huh?”

Fio was holding back all his words because she saw something approaching from behind Azel. It seemed that without them knowing there was a group of people walking towards them, seen carrying a four-wheeled goods cart pulled by a donkey led by one of them. A few others walked around like bodyguards carrying spears and others pushed the carriage from behind.

If seen from afar, there is something strange about this group because their body size looks smaller than normal humans, it can even be said that their height is quite equal to Fio's. At first Fio thought it was a group of child laborers who were delivering goods, but when they got closer and confirmed their posture, skin color, and appearance. Fio's eyes immediately widened and she spontaneously shouted while pointing an Artemis flower at them.

“GOBLIIN!!!”

The Goblins who heard Fio's scream immediately stopped their movement, the Goblins in front looked straight at Fio. He then showed a surprised expression which was followed by an angry look and replied to Fio's screams.

"You! You damn Humans!!!"

 

###

"Oida! Look look! I found another Artemis flower!”

Fio run a little as soon as she saw the flowers, she looked as happy as an elementary school kid enjoying a school picnic.

“It seems that there are quite a number of ignorant fools in this country, or maybe this is the work of the same group of idiots. Well thankfully they've got another job at Dahluc Sina now."

"I don't agree with slavery, I hope this country doesn't implement it"

“Unlike the people in the South, this Kingdom doesn't civilize it. And I'm not sure that Elvia will deport them to the other side, though that doesn't mean anyone can live free behind bars. Money is also needed to live in prison, quite a lot in fact. Especially with the war already at the door, I hope they don't get hit by stray bullets during forced labor on the front lines hahahaha”

“Those words are half a prayer, Zel-chan, uh Fio-chan maybe it's better if you don't pick them. Who knows it will be solace for the Goblins when they get out of prison, even if it's not much but if you appreciate someone's hard work, they will surely be happy"

“... ... ...”

Azel glanced at Kain as if he couldn't believe what he just heard, but it was all shattered by Fio's sudden reaction. This blue-haired girl seemed to have rushed to plucked the Artemis flower, and with a bright smile she ran over to Cain.

"OIDA! There are Goblins here? Did you meet the Goblins? I've never even met them in person though!"

"Is that true? From what we heard there are indeed several Goblin Villages in this area. The one we met yesterday was their secret hideout, right Zel-chan?”

“Secret hideout!!! Alright then, let's postpone our trip home. Let's hunt Goblins now! We will kill them all in their hideout and Village!!!”

Now Azel turned his gaze towards Fio with even more disbelief looks at what this little girl had said, for someone who looked friendly and innocent yet  what she said actually sounded cruel and sadistic.

“Fio-chan… what you said is really a vile thing you know.”

“Like it or not, we have to uphold Justice! Even if it all sounds vile!”

"Justice?"

"But I don't think it's a good thing to take other people's lives, we can't just punish someone even if their image is bad. They're also living beings with families, right?"

“They are pests! Threats to Humans must be eliminated and must not be allowed to proliferate!”

"Pest?"

"Don't worry, even if it doesn't look convincing. I am a Holy Child who is quite good at using Magic, the Flaga Clan has always maintained our qualities as role models for the People”

“Oh… So you're a Holy Child? No wonder your mindset is absurd”

"Oida!!! What do you mean creepy eyes?!”

Now it was Fio who turned to look at Azel with a sullen expression while her both fist on hips.

“Listen lass, I understand that you are a princess of a respectable kingdom and must be very proud of your status. And all of that might make someone in your position a little arrogant and proud, but remember that even with everything you have it doesn't mean you can take the lives of innocent people at will. I understand that you as a World Noble might have racist tendencies, but what you said just now was too much. Tch, was what you did in Lizarmen Village just now a charade?”

Fio's eyes widened when she heard Azel's words, her body seemed to tremble as if she was holding back a tremendous anger. And while shrugging her shoulders she walked slowly closer to Azel and...

“Wh WHAT! You're bad, really bad! How could you say we're racist! The Flaga clan are beauty worshipers! There is not a single beauty to be found in racism, we view everyone as equal just like 'Isago' who loves all beings by making his whole soul as a shield from the evil curse of the World! Did you know that Flaga was the first Kingdom in the world to allow Demi-Humans into Parliament and government? Our country is also the second largest recipient of immigrants after 'Ishtora', of course, and everything we do is for the sake of fighting for Humanity Rights and Equality of all race and Nations in the International World. I know what I need to know about what my Country is doing! And it's not all like your accusations, and how dare you think that I'm playing a shew on Remi and the others! That's a very bad, very heinous accusation! Apologize! Hurry up and apologize right now!”

The anger that suddenly came like waves crashing against a rock immediately silenced the atmosphere for a moment, but because Azel was the rock in question, he remained silent and didn't budge.

"Hah!? No matter how great your country's achievements in the international world, it doesn't immediately make you a great individual, you know! And who wouldn't be suspicious of someone who lightly talks about the desire for Genocide to a people with pride, let alone wearing a smile too."

“Nonsense! Monsters can indeed be exploited and used for their existence as pets and natural shields, but not with Demons. They are pests! Enemy of all living creatures!”

“Demons? You mean goblins?”

“It seems there is a misunderstanding here Zel-chan”

"Are you stupid? Scary eyes! Never heard of Demons roaming in the wild other than in Dungeons!? Throughout the year the Goblins came down from the Mountain and always caused chaos in the border, and what the soldiers missed went into the sewers to cause chaos in the City. Eating anything that lives and killing a lot of people, in Flaga it's common for them to be a nightmare for children you know! The common people were ordered to run as soon as they saw them, but not us. We Flaga have a plan in the near future to bring in troops and stop all this nightmare, even if those stingy Dwarves keep on not allowing us to enter and eradicate the source, but if the Alliance and the Great Powers have their will…”

“Wait a minute blue ass lass, that mountain you are referring to was it Belphegor?”

"Of course! OIDA! Who are you calling blue ass!!! How disrespectful!!!”

Azel sighed as if he had just understood what he was dealing with, The Belphegor mountainous region as the name suggests is the domain of the Mountain God 'Belphegor' who died several hundred years ago. And with the civil war protracted by the struggle for power after the death of the ruler there has made a part of the area into the Black Area like a big Dungeon, a place where Demons can appear anytime and anywhere. If this continues, the possibility of the emergence of Massive Dark Area is no longer just an estimate, and this has become a serious discussion among the World Elites to make a direct invasion to prevent the worst outcome whatever the consequences.

The Dwarves who fought against each other there might be able to dodge under the pretext of race honor, state sovereignty, territorial privacy or the like which had been blocking intervention from outsiders all this time. However, with the tragedy that occurred in the last 'Grand Fall', the famously neutral Central Alliance had unanimously agreed not to heed any excuse that would be given by those who claimed to be representatives of 'Agartha'.

“Kain, do you know about what happens if someone dies in the Dungeon?”

"I heard that their bodies will be taken over by the forces of darkness and become 'Kishin', they are a troublesome type of 'Oni' because they are very strong, stronger than when the victim was alive"

"Oida! You're wrong, you know! those who died in the Dungeon would become Zombies. And zombies are weaker than people when they are alive, this is common knowledge right? What is 'Oni'?... no! Creepy eyes! Don't change the subject! Hurry up and apologize!”

"Eh? Is that true? But we were warned so, therefore it was imperative to enter the Dungeon as a group. So that if someone dies then teammates can remove the victim from the Dungeon immediately. If the situation does not allow then we recommend bringing only the head, while the body must be destroyed on the spot so it doesn't become another problem."

The situation became quiet for a moment after 'Kain' finished his last sentence, Fio was now tightly gripping the Artermis flower with two hands on her chest while saying softly.

“You decapitated your dead comrade? Kain? "

"The worse never happen, but the chances are never zero. Before entering the Dungeon we usually promise each other to do what we have to do when the time comes... I remember my first experience entering the Dungeon, one of my friends who felt himself is nothing but burden was cried and asked us if the worst had happened to him. Then we should at least bring a piece of his body to take back to his family…”

“...”

Fio now seems to be giving all her attention to Kain story, her shoulders are looking down and she is now gripping the Artemis flower more tightly.

“But it seems, all the scary stories we hear about the many fallen victims and bad things on the first expedition for beginners are just the gibberish of our seniors. The teachers, instructors and hired guides closely guard each class. And you know what, after several expeditions, we even felt that their existence was no longer needed. And it all ended in punishment because we tried to steal the time for self-expedition. And what's worse, in the third year we simultaneously agreed to carry out independent expeditions outside of school hours and supervision, detention has become a regular thing since hahahaha”

"Oida! you guys are fools huh!? That's not good! Breaking the rules shouldn't become a habit or something bad is bound to happen due to a lack of discipline! Now I'm disappointed to have felt concerned earlier, Kain."

“It happened not without reason, we did it because there are quite a lot of positive things that can be taken from there... especially because of money anyway”

"Oida! Kain! I didn't expect you had that kind mentality! I'm really disappointed! Disappointed!”

“I almost forgot he was a holy child. Yup, there's no mistaking there. 'seine Schuhe'."

Kain felt a little awkward because his two traveling companions were now looking at him with a frown, although Azel had been looking sullen since the beginning of the trip it didn't make him feel any better.

"Wait, don't think so obliquely first, didn't I tell you there was a reason?"

"In the end, it's money, right?"

"Kain, don't let me down more than this, you know. Those who always think about making money will eventually ignore the important things and perhaps the most important thing, the essence of beauty is not something that can be judged by material things.”

“At least listen to me to the end~”

Cain's voice sounded gloomy, Azel and Fio now simultaneously folded their arms hoping that what he would say wouldn't make them more irritated.

“You see, expeditions under the Academy's supervision cost quite a bit of money. What's more, this is a trip out of the country for a few days, accommodation for lodging, preparation of hunting equipment and others of course have their own costs."

"Oida? Why doesn't the state facilitate it? Then why must you go abroad just to go to the Dungeon?”

“Uhh, that's the root of the problem. As far as I know, our Country doesn't have any Dungeons and that's common knowledge. Indeed Monsters still exist in the wild, but their numbers are very limited because the territory of our Archipelago Country is also limited in size.”

“Natural resource problem huh?”

Azel who heard Kain's explanation now realized something, he tilted his head slightly with a curious face. Judging from what Kain has shown during their journey, Azel is aware that there is one unique characteristic in Kain that refers to one particular Country.

"Are you from 'Yamato'?"

“Ehh, that's true. Don't get me wrong, I'm not 'Gaijin' you know! I was born and grew up there, my face even looks a lot like my mother!”

Yamato is an archipelagic country located in the southwest of the South Continent, perhaps because it is separated from the mainland, Yamato seems to have its own civilization and culture. For most Albion like Azel who came from another world, Yamato is a direct reflection of Japan in the golden era of 'Showa'.

"OIDA!!! YAMATO!? It's one of the most beautiful countries in the world that really upholds the aesthetics in art! We've been there several times and have never been disappointed by anything, a land where every corner is a work of art. We were also scheduled to head there after visiting Darcia, we didn't want to miss the 'autumn' festival there which was amazing in mid-March. Hehehe this is quite strange because next April 'Flaga' will celebrate the Spring Festival, it is a dream of mine to celebrate the Festival of the four seasons every month throughout the year in various Countries in the World!”

“That's because your Country is in the Northern Hemisphere while 'Yamato' is in the Southern Hemisphere, but you're right. Yamato is an okay Country, I've been there a few times and you could say it's the Japan of this World”

"Japan? Zel-chan you mean…”

“Right right right!? Once we're done here I'll head straight to Yamato, I refuse to miss the Festival.”

“Ummm Fio-chan, if you mean the Autumn Festival in Byakko territory. It's most likely that the Festival has finished by now."

"Oida!!! Why!!?"

"You know how long you've been unconscious? It's near the end of March you know, ukhhh. I should also hurry back, 'Regulus' always does the opening ceremony at the beginning of April and it's a very sacred event. They could have made excuses and used my absence as an excuse to annul my membership, especially when those bitches and stupid Dario joined in… wait. Aren't they also in this land? If 'Regulus' unilaterally refused my participation, I could have dragged them in as a defense… hahaha”

Azel chuckled after muttering as if talking to himself, with all the viciousness on his face making that laugh quite scary for a normal person. On the other hand Fio looked panicked and was about to cry after realizing her situation, She waved her hands quickly as if it was a pair of wings that would fly her away from here immediately.

"Oida! How is this? how is this!!!? Noooo! My Festival! Yakiimooo! Waaah~”

“Fio-chan~, well its true festivals are synonymous with good food. Oh yeah, that's also one of the reasons we hunted into the Dungeon on our own. The hunting money we usually use to enjoy festivals and…”

"Kain!!! Don't spoil the atmosphere by bragging about your hedon lifestyle! If you care so much about money, why don't you support me in hunting Goblins? After all, there will definitely be a reward, especially if we can destroy a base or their village. Surely the local authorities will give you lots of money to please you!”

“Fio-chan~!!! your sentence is really cold you know~! Even though my story wasn't finished yet~, why do I seem to have been dictated to like that! Wow~"

Now it's Kain's turn who looks like he wants to cry and also flaps his hands imitating Fio, they both have been trapped in their respective fantasies, Azel thought. Azel couldn't help but sigh at the sight of these two kids, it's true that their conversation had strayed and widened from the original topic.

“Hahaha, both of you stop whining. Materialism is also a path to walk in life, a lot of people choose to do it. I don't know if Genocide and massacres are natural things for the Bourgeoisie to show their status and power, but that won't happen here under my watch."

“Waaah~ Zel-chan, I'm not a materialist!”

"What do you mean by that you Creep eyes!? Goblin is… Goblin is… huh?”

Fio was holding back all his words because she saw something approaching from behind Azel. It seemed that without them knowing there was a group of people walking towards them, seen carrying a four-wheeled goods cart pulled by a donkey led by one of them. A few others walked around like bodyguards carrying spears and others pushed the carriage from behind.

If seen from afar, there is something strange about this group because their body size looks smaller than normal humans, it can even be said that their height is quite equal to Fio's. At first Fio thought it was a group of child laborers who were delivering goods, but when they got closer and confirmed their posture, skin color, and appearance. Fio's eyes immediately widened and she spontaneously shouted while pointing an Artemis flower at them.

“GOBLIIN!!!”

The Goblins who heard Fio's scream immediately stopped their movement, the Goblins in front looked straight at Fio. He then showed a surprised expression which was followed by an angry look and replied to Fio's screams.

"You! You damn Humans!!!"

 

###

0