Chapter 1 – To the Otherworld
960 17 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 What happens when two prodigies are transported into a world, filled with swords and magic, with the twist being the world is the same world they created through the game.

The story starts here,

I kept staring into the monitor which is displaying lines and lines of code, from integers to strings, my daily life. Einz Saku, a young 'genius' programmer who was recognized for his talent of programming as early as 10 years old and was hired into one of the largest companies in the world by the age of 14, which was promoted to the head programmer by the age of 15. 

That was me, from what others may seem to see but the true me is...

"What's with this messy code?!" I shouted.

"Can't they see the problems everywhere?!" I shouted again in agony as I look into one of the pull requests of my co-workers, the true life of a programmer is a pain.

"Why is this idiot not using a semicolon?!" I kept shouting as I analyze each line of code, I wish I can leave this job already.

The project I am working on is called Althea Online, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game that became extremely famous for its incredible combat, skill allocation, class and realistic system together with its incredible depressing story.

"Well, let's go home, for now, Einz." A feminine voice can be heard from behind as she patted my back.

"Five more minutes!" I said as I continued slamming my fingers onto the keys, correcting the problems the co-workers created. 

"Fine, I'll wait here." The girl said as she sat down on the seat next to me as she kept staring at my face.

"What's on my face, Alice?" I asked the girl called Alice, as I finished my work and closed down the computer after saving.

"Nothing at all." She giggled with her snow-white skin, white eyes and silver platinum hair.

Alice Silvia, another prodigy, who at 15 years old also managed to catch a spot at the same company just one position below me. She is a pure beauty, by pure I mean extremely pure to the point that she is nicknamed The Snow Saintess in the company.

"Let's go now?" She tilted her head as she stared into my eyes, while holding her bag on her lap.

"Sure." I stood up first while taking my bag with me as well as my identification card.

"Where are we going for dinner?" I asked, we've been together since her arrival into the company from dinner to shopping and the likes.

"Let's go to Maika's shop." She said in an excited voice, as her stomach grumbled.

"That shop huh, nostalgic" I said, Maika's shop is a nearby dining place here, in which was also the first place we went together. 

We then started walking straight after exiting the company's building, the night street here is very beautiful in which instead of the traditional street LED lights, they embedded the LEDs into a medieval lamp cover.

"I can't never get used to this night view." I muttered.

"Same to me as well." She said, as I faced her only to see an extremely bright smile.

"What's wrong?" She asked while tilting her head.

"Nothing, you are just way too cute." I said while trying to keep calm.

"Ehh!!!" She turned red before facing away in a hurry.

Suddenly, a bright light shone in front of us. It was a large truck coming straight at the two of us, most likely out of control. The moment I saw that, I instinctively jumped into Alice as if to cover her but we were still in range.

BAM! A loud bang was heard, and the feeling of coldness flowed inside me. I tried staring at Alice only to see her head also bleeding.

I didn't get to save her also huh, I tried saying as I hugged her head before my sight went dark.

And then, sudden light hit my eyes that were closed and I opened it once again only to see white pillars in all four corners of the white room with a table in front of me.

"Where am I?" I said, together with a female voice that I am familiar with, Alice.

 I immediately turned my head onto my side only to see her, in that moment I was overcome with feelings and hugged her.

"We are dead huh?" Alice said in a teary voice as she hugged me back.

"Yes, you both are dead." A male voice can be heard and the both of us immediately separated and turned to the table. An old man can be seen wearing a yukata as he sipped onto his tea.

"Who are you?" The both of us asked.

"I am what you people call God." He calmly said as he sipped onto his tea.

"What happens to us next?" I asked as I stare into his eyes, which were pure white while also reflecting quadrillions of galaxies.

"It was a mistake on our side, the both of you weren't supposed to die therefore I shall grant you both the chance to reincarnate together." The old man who claimed or rather is God said as he continued to sip on his tea. I wonder how he still hasn't choked on his tea.

"Rude child, Gods don't choke." He said as if he was reading my thoughts.

"Does that mean we will be together, why?" Alice suddenly spoke.

"It is the strings of fate, child." He replied in the most calmest voice as if he was already prepared.

"What do you mean fate?" I asked, confused.

"The two of you, are fated prodigies who were supposed to revolutionize that world." He said, while furrowing his brows for the first time.

"Then, what happens next?" I asked.

"You both will be gifted seven independent gifts, to revitalize this world alongside defeating the reincarnation of the evil god that will occur after 15 years." He said as he poured tea into his cup.

"Do we get to pick our gifts?" Alice spoke.

"One can't pick their gifts, it is up to fate on which gifts you both shall acquire." He replied.

"What purpose are we doing here, shouldn't we get going now?" I said.

"Here, the both of you shall take these." He said as he threw six different objects into us.

The objects were two sticks, two bracelets and two outfits.

"What are these for?" The both of us asked.

"The Ancient Weapons" He pointed at the two sticks.

"Bracelets of Fate" He pointed at the bracelets.

"All-purpose outfits." And finally pointing at the outfits.

"What are they for?" Alice asked.

Suddenly, a window popped open in front of us displaying the following lines.

  • Ancient Weapons
  • A weapon belonging to the ancient people, it can turn into the weapon the holder is most proficient at.
  • Effects:
  • Boosts damage by 10%.
  • Unbreakable durability.
  • Sharpness is increased when poured with mana, this does not apply to range weapons.
  • Inflicts debuff onto a certain target, this does not apply to close-range weapons.
  • Grows together with the owner.
  • Bracelet of Fate
  • A pair of bracelets worn by two people who meant to be fated together.
  • Effects:
  • Unknown.
  • Customizable Outfits
  • An outfit that can change based upon the owner's wish and imagination.
  • Effects :
  • Increases 10% of the defense of the owner.
  • Regenerates 10 mana points per minute.
  • Increases the owner's charisma by 35%.
  • Regenerates 10 health points per minute.
  • Recovers 10% durability every minute.

"This is overpowered.. while also familiar..." I muttered.

"It is, but you can't use almost half of each effect unless you reach a certain level and you should be familiar with the world you are going also, so don't worry. It's about time you both go, bye-bye!" The old man said as he waved his hand and a bright light shone below us.

Illustrations:

Alice

Alice

Einz

Einz

The novel has no proper schedule for chapter uploading, please bare me with and also feedbacks please >.<!

18