Chapter 5 – Linking of Two Rings
258 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
The next few chapters will be released every 1-2 days, also we are not going harem!

A week had passed since then, right now I am following Alice as roams around the town to shop for clothes.

"What do you need clothes for anyways, those customizable outfits the old man gave us is already enough." I said.

"Einz, you truly don't understand a woman's heart!" She shouted.

"That's because I am not one!" I tried arguing back when she suddenly stared at the glass panel of one shop.

The shop was an accessory store, I looked at her eyes only to see them staring at a pair of crystal rings.

"Want it?" I asked, while looking at her.

"No way." She said as she continued her journey.

I stared at the two rings which were priced at two gold coins which was equal to half of our current savings.

"Rosela, can you tell Alice that I will catch up in a few minutes?" I said to Rosela via telepathy.

'Yes, master!' She replied.

After getting her approval, I entered the shop and was greeted by a woman.

"Hello, how may I help you"

"Can I make a reservation for an item?" I asked.

"Hmm.. which one, sir?" The woman asked.

"This one right here." I said as I pointed at the two rings.

"You can reserve the rings by depositing twenty silver coins, and once you are ready you can pay the rest."

"Mhm." I nodded before placing exactly twenty silver coins onto the counter.

"Well then, may I know your name sir?"

"Oh, you can write down Alice Einz for now" I said.

"Do you have any other requests sir?" She asked.

"Hmm, can you place Silvia on both rings?" I asked.

"Mhm, you can take your reservation paper, you can give it to me once you are ready." She nodded before placing a paper on the table.

"Okay, thank you." I said as I took the paper before bowing and exiting the store.

"Where are you three?" I asked Rosela through telepathy.

'We are in a cafe just straight ahead of you, you should hurry Master.' Rosela said.

"Mhm, I am coming now." I said as I ran ahead.

....『Alice's Perspective』
'Madam, Master said that he will catch up in a moment.' Rosela suddenly spoke via telepathy.

"What is he doing?" I muttered as I remembered his question before.

"No, that dense idiot wouldn't even think of so. He is probably just buying some food somewhere."

'Master, can we go over there?' Alinz suddenly said as she pointed at a building with chibi wolf statues together with a signboard that says 'Wolf Cafe'

"Oh, you like cafes?" I asked.

'Yes~!'

"Okay then, we'll go over then." I said before entering the cafe.

The moment we entered the cafe, we were greeted with white and green walls together with loads of chibi wolf statues from the tables to the workers.

"Welcome to Wolf Cafe, please take a seat woof~" A waitress said.

"Rather than wolf, they should be dogs..." I muttered before we took a seat at an empty table near the window.

"That's a rather cute wolf right there, woof~" the waitress said as she stares at Alinz with glittery eyes.

"Yes, my Alinz is very cute."

"Can I pet it?" She asked.

"Mhm." I nodded before she started brushing the furs of Alinz with her
hands.

'Master~ help meee~' Alinz desperately looked at me with teary eyes but I pretended not to see it.

"Well then, what would you like to order ma'am?" The waitress asked before handing out a menu.

"Hmm, I would like one wolf cake together with wolf coffee and do you have any treats for this little girl?" I said.

"Mhm, we do have wolf treats prepared for tamers with wolf pets free of charge."

"Then, I'll have some."

"Mhm, that would be 17 silver coins in total." She said before I handed out 17 silver coins, it was rather cheap compared to our meals every day.

"Thanks for your patronage, the food will be ready in a few minutes." She said before walking back to the counter.

A bread here costs five bronze coins which equates to 5 cents meanwhile low-quality meat tends to cost a few silver coins.

The economy here is the same or rather similar to the economy we had set up on Althea Online.

One bronze coins is equivalent to one cent
One silver coin is equivalent to one USD
One small gold coin is equivalent to one hundred USD
One gold coin is equivalent to one thousand USD.

Most quests in the guild tend to offer one silver coin minimum, which is for herb harvesting quests meanwhile subjugation quests tend to offer five silver coins to one gold coin depending on the quality and the strength of the monster though goblins are worth one silver coin.

Speaking of which, we took a total of twelve quests this week consisting of herb gathering and subjugation which earned us a total of one gold while leveling up 4 levels.

Alone, I can most likely beat seven to twelve goblins which is equivalent to three silver wolf but these numbers are mere estimations, speaking of which a silver wolf is worth 20 silver coins due to their fluffy fur and juicy meat they say.

"Here's your food ma'am, please enjoy" Suddenly, the waitress arrived bringing the ordered food.

The wolf cake was rather, a cake dressed in gray. It was a mere cake dressed in gray for some reason, meanwhile, the coffee tasted bland but for the price it was worth i... Sorry, I lied.

The wolf treats were as hard as a rock while the taste is like chocola... flour according to what Alinz said.

Looking at others, they seem to be enjoying the food. It may be due to the difference in culture, since we originally came from a highly developed place.

We continued to eat when suddenly three men approached our table.
"Hey you cutie, are you alone?" The man in the middle with a sword hanging around his waist said.

"No, I am not." I said as I continued to munch on my food.

"Don't ignore me, you piece of..." The man suddenly shouted while throwing the plate away from the table.

"You... How dare you waste food?!" I shouted before kicking his knee though I don't know if it was his knee.

The surrounding people immediately gazed at us before flocking like birds while ignoring what was occurring.

"You bit..!" The other two suddenly drew their weapons and pointed at me.

"You better pay me for the damage!" The man in the middle said.

"How about no?" I said before I immediately grabbed my bow and aimed at one of them.

"Ha! What can you do with a bow with no arrow!" They started laughing.

"How about you sleep with me, you can earn a few silver coins for it." The man said while showing a disgusting smile.

"How about you pay me ten times the price of the cake." I said.

"Ha! Don't make me laugh, come here." One of them suddenly approached me, I immediately pointed my bow at him before the other two pushed me down.

"Ugh!" I tried shooting the bow but the arrow missed by a few centimeters and only caused a large hole on the floor.

They then held down both my arms before laughing.

"Haha! You should have accepted our offer, you could have earned a few coins in exchange~" The man said before licking his lips.

I glared at him while also glaring at the other people who were just watching as if it was a normal occurrence.

Suddenly, I felt shivers on my spine when one of them suddenly approached me with their arms.

"Noo!" I shouted as I kept moving to try and shake the hands off.

'Einz, where are you. Idiot!' I kept shouting in my mind when suddenly the arm which was approaching me fell off and blood spilled.

"Arghh!! Who dares?!" The man said, as he stared at a person wearing a white hoodie with a dagger in his hands, it was Einz.

The other two immediately noticed something was wrong and took their hands which was holding me down and immediately stood up with their swords, only to have their hands sliced off.

After being freed, I immediately kicked the other two and ran into Einz.

"You idiot! What took you so long?!" I immediately cried as I jumped onto his chest.

"Sorry, I was late." He said while patting my hair on his other arm.

"You idiot." I kept crying.

"There, there. I am here now." He kept patting my head as I cried.

Meanwhile a red-haired lady arrived behind us together with a few more that looked like guards and immediately arrested the three people who had their arms sliced apart.

....『Einz's Perspective』
'Master, come quick!' Rosela suddenly shouted via telepathy.
'Madam is in danger' Alinz shouted also.

'Go call Sharica, I'll be there in just a few more seconds.' I said.

'Yes!' They both replied as I increased my running speed in which after 20 seconds, found the building described.

Anger swelled inside me when I saw Alice being held down by three men on the window, and I immediately stormed inside the building together with my dagger.

The moment I entered the building, I saw one of them touching her with a hand.

"How dare you?!" I shouted while casting Aspire Wind to the maximum and the hand got sliced off.

"Arghh!! Who dares?!" The man who had his arm sliced apart shouted before looking at me, the other two immediately noticed and stood up before running towards me but I gave them no time and immediately sliced off their hands.

Suddenly, Alice came running towards me with tears in her eyes.
"You idiot! What took you so long?" She shouted as she kept crying while punching my chest.

"Sorry, I was late" I said as I was about to hug her but noticed the dagger on my hands and instead patted her hair.

"You idiot!" She kept punching my chest as she cried.

"There, there." I kept patting her while looking at the three people who caused this.

The anger inside me immediately increased when I saw her crying and I was about to cast Aspire Fire towards them when suddenly a red hair woman said from my back.

"You can stop right there, Einz. We can handle from hereon." The red-haired woman, Sharica said.

"Arf!" Alinz barked like a dog before jumping into Alice's hair meanwhile Rosela jumped onto my shoulders.

The armed guards immediately arrested the three people and asked us what happened, I asked Rosela and Alinz and answered from there.
"You should go home for now." Sharica told me.

"I'll go first then." I said as I carried Alice on my back once again on the way to the inn.

"You two, can't you protect her properly?" I looked at Alinz and Rosela.
'Sorry Master, we are too weak as of now.' They said.

"Please promise me to grow strong enough to protect her" I said.
'Yes master!' They both nodded.

We arrived at the inn in which I immediately went upstairs onto our room and placed Alice on the bed before standing up.

"Please, don't go" She suddenly said while increasing her grip on my hand, unconsciously.

I looked at her when tears fell down her cheeks, and went back to her side and wiped it and just stood there and stared at her sleeping face.

"I need to grow stronger to protect her.." I said to myself before I fell asleep beside her.

.... It was now the morning, and I woke up on the side of the bed on the same spot. I looked up and saw Alice sitting on the bed while staring at me and holding my arms.

"Can you let go, I need to go take a bath?" I asked.
She shook her head.

"How can I take a bath then?..." I sighed.

"Don't worry, I will be here. You can just wait nearby." I said this time she nodded and let go of my hands.

I immediately entered the bath and after a few moments came out.
"You can take a bath now." I said.

She nodded before entering the bath and after a few moments came out dressed in a blue off-shoulder dress.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" I asked, in which she shook her head.

"Let's go take some quest then." I suggested when she suddenly held out her hand.

"Hand?" I asked and as if she was annoyed, she just grabbed my hand and dragged me to the guild.

We arrived at the guild with her clinging onto my shoulders, possibly because of how scared she was yesterday.

"Going for a quest?" Suisei asked.

"Yeah, have any recommendations?" I asked.

"Hmm.. how about these." She placed five different quest papers.

• Herb Gathering : five Sunny Flower
• Reward: 12 silver coins for the first five and 10 silver coins for the rest.
• Herb Gathering : one Sky Blue Flower
• Reward: 1 gold coin each.
• Subjugation Request : Silver Wolves
• Reward : 20 silver coins minimum, additional 5 silver coins if in good condition.
• Subjugation Request HIGH
• Objective: Clear out as many goblins as you can from the eastern outskirts.
• Reward : 2 silver coins each.
• Herb Gathering : eight Cathy Flowers
• Reward : 10 silver coins for the first 8 with 8 silver coins for the extras.

"That's a lot." I muttered.

"Yeah, but it is extremely profitable especially those Sky Blue flower which is in sky-high demand right now." Suisei said.

"Also, completing all five of these quests shall rank both of you up to rank D."

"Also, I'll spoil you something, every rank up starting rank D will earn you a free gold coin."

"I'll take it!" I immediately said.

"Thanks, no one has taken these quests which troubled me." She said while winking.

"I suddenly feel like I got scammed but whatever." I said before exiting.
"Oh, don't forget to protect that little cutie on you."

"Yeah yeah, I know." I shouted back as I looked at the Alice who was still clinging onto me with a gloomy expression.

An hour later, we arrived at the outskirts of the forest.

"Can you please get off, I can't fight with you hanging there." I said in a very soft voice.

She nodded, before taking out her bow and then aiming at a goblin and a silver wolf which were fighting.

BAM! Immediately, two arrows shot out from her bow and struck down onto the two. It was the ability of Archery at level 3 which allows people to shoot two arrows at once.

She then aimed at a larger group that was fighting before shooting twice, killing all six enemies in a row silently.

'Your level has risen by 1(1 ▲)'

The level-up message suddenly arrived, which means she leveled up twice at that moment.

The gap between our levels are getting larger and larger....

Suddenly, two more arrows shot out and killed two wolves that were pairing. The amount of wolves she was killing is giving shivers to the little Alinz.

'Master, do something~!' Alinz spoke to me in telepathy when Alice shot another two arrows striking down on two more silver wolves and another level up message arrived.

Supposedly, she would have run out of mana by the fourth arrow but somehow kept going, I wonder if this is what they call Rage Buffs.

"We should stop right there before another monster notices us and your mana runs out" I said to Alice, who was suddenly breathing quite heavily which most likely meant that her mana reserve is now at half.

"Speak of the devil, I'll do it" I said when three goblins started running onto us, I immediately took out my dagger and ran directly into the three of them before shooting out two Aspire Wind which knocked both of them twice and also breaking their weapons.

I then kicked off the ground harder and flew straight into one before slicing down the head and then twisting around and slicing the other one and lastly stabbing at the last goblin.

"This certainly has gotten easier compared to the first time." I muttered before slicing off the ears of the three goblins while also running off to slice off the other goblins Alice killed awhile ago and storing the silver wolves corpses.

All in all, 30 minutes had passed unknowingly when I finished.
"Let's go search for the herbs then." I said as she came close to me before she clung back onto my shoulders like a sticky note before nodding.

"This time, Rosela and Alinz can you both search for the following herbs?" I asked.

'Yes, Master!' They both said before running off.

I then started to analyze the flowers or grasses that are unknown to me to help level my Analyze skill.

Five hours had unknowingly pass and it was close to lunchtime now when I got a message from Alinz that she had found two Sky Blue flowers.

I then ran off to where she was while carrying a now sleeping Alice on my back.

After a few minutes of running while looking at the map, I arrived at the location and saw two crystal flowers that are the same color as the sky on the ground.

Upon using Analyze skill, it came back with.

• Sky Blue Flower RARE
• A rare flower that usually can only be found once every day, it can be used to create high-grade potions.
° Acquisition method: Dig the soil, not the flower.

The acquisition method is something you can get once your Analyze reaches level four, it will tell you how to acquire the item.

According to the analysis, it says to dig out the soil, not the flower which means you have to take the soil with it in which I immediately followed and placed them on a clay pot that I brought two days ago for no reason.

"Good job, here take some mana treat." I said to Alinz before condensing out my mana to form a snack.

'Thank you, master!' Alinz spoke before crunching out the mana treat.
Mana treat is something unique I discovered, while practicing my mana flexibility. It can be used as a substitute to Alice's mana whenever she is asleep and her little wolf is hungry.

Suddenly, another message arrived from Rosela which states that she found eight Sunny Flowers and twelve Cathy Flowers.

I immediately ran to where she was and found the flowers specified. Cathy Flowers were dandelions but filled with mana.

I checked them with Analyze to confirm before plucking them out and storing them into the bag.

"Good job, Rosela. Let's go back now." I said.

'Yes, master!' Rosela nodded before we started heading back to the town.

It was now lunchtime and the bell was ringing when we arrived at the town, we immediately head to the guild and submitted our request which took a total of six actual hours.

We earned a total of 2 gold coins, 3 small gold coins, 7 silver coins and 6 bronze coins together with a rank up which awarded us with 2 more gold coins overall at 4 gold coins which was equal to four thousand USD.
Speaking of which, there was that huh.

"Alinz, Rosela can you go back to the inn first?" I said.

'Yes, master.' Before they ran off to the direction of the inn.

Meanwhile, I started walking to a familiar place while carrying a cute sleeping Alice on my back which made people look at me suspiciously but they were mostly the new people who just entered the town as the older people in the town are already used to us.

I then arrived at a store and entered inside.
"Hello, it's you huh." The woman said.

"Hey Alice, wake up." I shook her before she rubbed her eyes and hopped off.
"Why are we here?" She asked.

"Hmm, wait there." I said, in which she nodded.

"Can I get the reservation now?" I asked the woman.

"Sure thing, that would be two gold coins." She said in which I then sneakily placed two gold coins and she also sneakily placed the two rings on my hands.

"Thanks for your patronage, goodluck~" She said as she winked.
I then started walking back to Alice who was waiting on the outside for some reason before kneeling.

"Here, for you." I said before showing one of the rings, the ring which I never described is a crystal ring with a white gem embedded on it.

Another detail they added behind my back was the wording "Alice Silvia" on the ring.

Alice suddenly turned red and stood there for a few seconds, I thought something was wrong when she suddenly spoke.

"I accept it." As she smiled the brightest I've ever seen.
I then placed it on her ring finger unconsciously, when I noticed that the other ring was gone.

"Looking for this?" Alice suddenly spoke while holding another crystal ring with my name on it.

"Hand." She said, before I placed my hand on hers in which she also placed the ring on my ring finger before pulling me up and suddenly our lips touched.

Her lips were cold while also sweet, after separating, she smiled once again before hugging me and bursting into tears.

"I am so happy!" She said.

"Me too."

"CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU TWO!" Suddenly, nine figures arrived and shouted.

It was Alinz, Suisei, Kanna, Oturo, Rosela, the woman from the store, the guard from when we first arrived, and the reception lady from the tamer's guild together with a large crowd gathering who started clapping.

"Huh? How did you all know?" I started blushing, when I asked.

"You see, the woman right there and your two pets told us something might happen." Suisei said.

"Ehhh?!" We both turned red before looking at each other and smiled.

"Well then, thank you~" We bowed down to them and thanked them for the congratulations.

"Blessings to you two~" Kanna said.

"You right there, you should never forget what I said before!" Oturo pointed at me as he said.

"Yes, I will cherish her forever." I said.

"Aww, you two come here." Sharica suddenly hugged us.

"My two disciples getting along, how sweet!" She said.

"You two, may the Goddess Althea bless you both" The others said.

"Thank you" We both bowed again, before we turned to each other when suddenly Sharica pushed both of us and our lips touched again.

"The moon is beautiful." I said to Alice after separating.

"Yes, it truly is." She said.

We both looked at the twin moons, a brown moon together with a white moon shining brightly above the skies bringing light to the land.

10 years later, this moment was known worldwide as "The Linking of Two Rings".

.. In a certain area of the Northern forest.

A black-haired girl can be seen running, with tears in her eyes together with a dark dagger with red accents.

"Where are you, mama?" The girl muttered.

She kept running in the darkness of the forest, when suddenly a golden mist covered the land and a golden wolf appeared in her view.

The girl trembled upon the sight of the wolf as she took out her dagger and moved into a stance.

"Really gramps, a little child?" The golden wolf muttered in the darkness before the little girl started to run to the wolf with her dagger still in its scabbard.

Suddenly, the little girl slipped and bumped into a tree. The wolf who saw it, suddenly sighed before transforming into a girl.

The girl had golden eyes along with golden hair, wearing a golden kimono alongside a golden hair clip.

"How troublesome." The girl muttered before growing her nails and creating a small injury on the little girl's hand.

The little girl shook for a bit before she calmed down.

"This should be enough, now it's all up to the work of fate. I wish you best of luck my new siblings." The wolf girl muttered as she stared at the twin moons which were shining brighter than usual before she disappeared alongside the mist.

Enjoy a portrait of Alice:

    

Announcement
This marks the end of the first arc which is called "The Romance That Budded in Another World Together With You".
10