Chapter 6 – Elise
221 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler

It's best you enjoy this only fluffy chapter for the next few chapters, since they will be extremely hectic.

[collapse]

It had been a month since we had arrived onto this word, most of the time was spent through continuously learning, adventuring and also dates.

The dates were rather bland, as it was mostly walking around the parks, night walks, shopping or plain eating, though it sounds ordinary and a waste of time, there are huge benefits that comes along such as informations for example.

The world we currently reside in is named after their Goddess of Creation, Althea meanwhile the continents were named after the other divine beings such as Fenrir Continent which we reside on.

In Fenrir Continent, there lays fifteen different kingdoms forming the three different alliance along with a continent-wide pact which was formed after the First Continental War which destroyed over two hundred eighty-three different kingdoms together with over ten thousand towns 

and a thousand cities bringing about the death of a billion people.

The First Continental War was started by a tiny misunderstanding between two kingdoms, which slowly garnered more attention until it turned into a war together which with the help of their allies turned into a continental war. The war spanned a total of two hundred and ninety years when eventually a neutral kingdom named the Shizuko Kingdom had suddenly arrived together with their Queen, Karen Shizuko who single-handedly killed over a hundred thousand people and was named "The Tyrant Queen".

Karen Shizuko, was seventeen years old when she had formed the Shizuko Kingdom through the alliance of over forty neutral towns and fifteen neutral cities and at eighteen years old led to war leading to the infamous battle that was named The Battle of the Moon Garden, in which made her earn the well-known title while forcefully making every kingdom realize their existence.

After a few years of her arrival, she brought about the downfall of eighteen different kingdoms before forming one of the largest alliances throughout history, The United Kingdom which is a familiar name to us.

The United Kingdom then started forcing every kingdom involved in the war to sign the peace pact which states that any conflicts whether small and big shall have be judged and fixed through the alliance, but it was not as smooth as you may think.

Other kingdoms involved in the war formed another alliance named the Corner Alliance together with another alliance called the Axis Alliance which started stating their own demands.

The debate between the three alliances lasted over two years with battles occurring left and right until they arrived at one agreement formed by the twenty years old, Karen Shizuko. The contents of the agreement were never made known to the world other than the leaders themselves but the leaders had reassured every citizen that another continental war as devasting as such might never happen once again.

That marked the end of the first Continental War which was sealed into history books as The Demonic War.

'Master and Madam, I can sense a single human presence.' Alinz suddenly spoke to us while we were inside the Northern forest for a quest to investigate a certain possibility of a monster outbreak.

"Where is it?" Alice asked in which Alinz ran four trees ahead before stopping on one large tree that is similar to a cherry blossom tree. It was the only different tree on the forest as the others were either oak, beech, maple, elm, birch, willow, or hickory trees.

We arrived at the tree where Alinz was standing and saw a black-haired girl laying dormant on the tree together with a wound that looks similar to a knife slice.

The girl was wearing a black dress, together with two white hair clips on her hair.

"Should we wake her up?" I asked Alice.

"What do you mean to wake her up, we have to make sure she is alive first." Alice suddenly shouted at me, before checking the little girl's pulse before casting a healing spell.

Systematic Magic can faintly cast healing spells but is a ton weaker than Holy Magic's heals therefore not many people even try to learn such spells, they mostly focus on enchantments.

Upon casting, the little girl shone brightly before her wounds closed up and her silky skin was visible, judging from her looks she looks like a ten-year-old which is rare to see on these forests.

"Go carry her." Alice then ordered me before I picked up the little girl carefully before carrying her on my back. I immediately noticed a worn down dagger similar to mine alongside its scabbard and asked Rosela to pick it up but as she tried to pick it up, it suddenly dissolved into dust.

    "What was that?" I suddenly looked at the place where the dagger dissolved.

    'Master, it seems like the dagger dissolved into dust.' Rosela spoke.

    "What? How can a weapon suddenly dissolve into dust?" I muttered.

    'I don't really know either master.' Rosela said.

    "Hmm.. oh well, let's leave it at there." I said before Rosela then hopped on my shoulders and changed her temperature to keep the girl at a warm temperature, the girl shook due to the temperature change but calmed down afterwards.

Rosela as a slime has inherent abilities such as changing forms and changing their properties from temperatures and the likes but they cast a large amount of mana therefore they mostly stay with their bubbly form.

"Let's go back for now." Alice said, while disregarding our quest for now.

"Mhm." I nodded as we started following the directions from the map on the top-right corner of our eyes.

After half an hour of walking, we then arrived at the forest's exit with the town insight. The Northern Forest is one of the closest forests to the town therefore it is highly regarded by the higher-ups as any monster outbreak that may occur there can cause severe damage to the town.

The girl suddenly shook before opening her eyes once which were dark-blue and stared at Alice for a few seconds.

『Mama...』 She suddenly cried out in a tiny voice, which Alice immediately stopped on her tracks before the girl once again fell asleep.

Rather than her alone stopping on her tracks, both of us stopped walking and stared at each other. The little girl's voice carried a sense of longing together bringing about a feeling onto us.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I can feel something from her words." Alice said.

"It is probably a coincidence" I said.

"Yeah, I hope." Alice said before we started walking back to the town, occasionally on our walks there would be silver wolves, a goblin and a golden tiger but she easily plucked them out with her bow.

I still remember, our first encounter with the golden tiger was when she was still level twelve and I was level eleven. It was a hard fought battle as it was also my first near-death experience in this world.

    The story started back a few weeks ago when we were taking another quest could be said as our daily routine. It was an easy quest that required us to take down twelve horned rabbits that could be annoying to other adventurers.

To finish the quest, we had to go to the Western Plains, which was as you expected a green flat land similar to where we were first arrived in this world or rather it was in the same direction as where we were first summoned.

The western plains tend to only have a goblin with a few horned rabbits due to the constant subjugation of the adventurers as it is one of the most widely used route for merchants.

On our walk to the fields, we met a few merchants who we were acquainted with such as Michael and Kyle who owns two of the largest companies in the kingdom. They were on a vacation according to what they had said and had traveled to Elicia Town which is famously known as the Town of Knowledge for its large amount of books from ancient history to grimoires which were from the first Sage.

It was a large tourist spot for people who loves to learn as the books it holds are extremely valuable.

After talking with them for a shortwhile, we arrived an hour after on the Western fields, in which we had found thirteen horned rabbits along the way and killed them. We could have immediately went back after but decided to take a quick picnic date with Alice on the plain fields when suddenly a roar resounded and we immediately stood up with our weapons in our hands.

We immediately looked around after hearing roar which was extremely loud due to the origin being closeby. After a few looks, we immediately saw a tiger that was golden in color running towards us.

 I then shouted an instruction to Alice before running towards it in a zigzag pattern before she nodded as she took aim and shot three different arrows that were individually enchanted with 「Velocity」, 「Strength」and 「Slowdown」.

Two of the arrows that were shot had struck the tiger, the two arrows glowing faint amber and purple were 「Strength」 and 「Slowdown」 which had caused the tiger to slow its approach. Seeing tiger slowed down, I immediately tried to take the opportunity and kicked off the ground before throwing two throwing knives that were covered with 「Corresive Fire」.

The two throwing knives struck down the tiger before they suddenly fell off its body and the tiger immediately arrived infront of me.

I was shocked as monsters can't break free from 「Slowdown」unless they were more proficient in Systematic Magic themselves or had an ability, item that allows them to.

The tiger which had arrived infront of me then opened its mouth as it plunged towards me, I tried blocking its fangs with my dagger but to no avail as its fangs had slid from the dagger as if it was ice and struck on my shoulder.

Immediately, pain resounded all over my whole body and in a fit of rage, I stabbed it twice with the dagger, before it backed off together with flesh dripping on its mouth as I fell down with one knee.

Suddenly a shout from Alice can be heard telling me to back off but I couldn't exactly run as the pain had caused all parts of my body to become numb despite being only attacked on the shoulder.

The golden tiger which had backed off then started its second approach and in a split second arrived infront of me once again as it tries to finish me off, I tried dodging to the right but the pain immediately stopped me on my tracks which gave the tiger the opportunity to plunge into my right arm, ripping apart most of the flesh. The scene was gruesome and was extremely painful to the point I couldn't feel my right arm at all, I tried kicking the tiger off but was left with no avail before it tried to mow down on me once again this time on my chest but before it could a white flash had flew straight into it with alongside a purple flash knocking it back.

The white flash became clear after it had landed, it was a white wolf biting onto the back of the tiger which had been knocked off m eanwhile the purple one was a slime, who immediately covered my right shoulder before glowing purple. The pain from my right shoulder was gone but I still couldn't feel it.

    Another three arrows glowing amber flew past and striking down the tiger's forehead and  eyes before it groaned in pain. 

Alinz who was on the back of the tiger then opened her mouth as a fireball formed which after a few seconds, she had hopped off the tiger and spat the fireball striking down on the tiger's back.

The tiger was now burning and was on the ground, I then grabbed my dagger and kicked off the ground together with Rosela who was covering my right arm.

I started covering my dagger with an beginner spell 「Wind Sharpening」which increases the sharpness of the dagger added with the  Alice's 「Weight」 spell which increases the weight of the weapon before it struck down onto the forehead of the tiger which had been struck with an arrow awhile before.

The tiger groaned much louder than before when suddenly it glowed brightly and exploded in front of me. The explosion immediately knocked me back before my whole body ached. Everything immediately felt numb and my consciousness was about to drown, I tried checking my health points on the top left corner in which showed 「10/200 HP」and was still dropping. I was about to die, at that moment.

Rosela who had been covering my right shoulder with healing was knocked off as well by the explosion, but came back and this time covered my whole body with healing.

"Einz!" Alice came running towards me, as she shouted.

"This is bad." She muttered before casting a healing spell she learned, it was far weaker than Rosela's but still boosted the healing.

My health points then kept rising until it stopped at 「102/202」which was half, but was enough to make me feel my body once again though my consciousness was darkening once more until I fell asleep.

After then, I woke up on the guild's clinic with Sharica, our one and only mentor and Alice who explained to me what happened afterward.

A golden tiger is a level 14 monster that owns an inherent skill that causes them to self-destruct upon death. It was suicide-bombing in a sense.

That was the end of the short story, we were also forced to learn about all kinds of monsters by our mentor, Sharica who was raging mad with the result.

"Alice, Einz and who is that?" A guard wearing a golden chestplate asked, he was Jill who was the guard captain of the North and also one of the strongest people in the town.

"We don't know, we found her in the forest." I said.

"Hmm.. we'll scan her mana for now." Jill said.

"Mhm, please try." Alice said before Jill took out a magic tool that looks like a barcode scanner and scanned the girl.

The little girl woke up as she was being scanned and for a few milliseconds her eyes flashed blue before she fell back asleep, it went unnoticed by the guard and Alice.

「Green, unknown」The The magic tool sent back two information, it was a quick scan that takes only two seconds otherwise it would return more details.

"Hmm, I'd recommend you bring her to the adventurer's guild for now." Jill said.

"Mhm, thanks." We both bowed down before walking to the adventurer's guild.

We arrived at the adventurer's guild only to be greeted by our one and only mentor, Sharica.

"Oh ho, is that child yours?" She looked at Alice with a sarcastic gaze.

「Mama.」 The little girl suddenly cried out at the most perfect time, before falling silent once again.

Her words instantly caused the whole guild to freeze before gazing at us with suspicious eyes.

"No!!! It's not!" Alice shouted as she turned red.

"We know, well first let's go to my office first and have you explain the whole situation." Sharica said.

We entered her office, which was extremely organized with a bed on the side. I placed the little girl on the bed before sitting on a chair nearby, Alice also went to check the little girl when the little girl grabbed Alice's hand before gripping it hard with a small cry.

「Mama-」It was the usual cry we heard from her.

"Well then, please explain." Sharica said with all seriousness.

"First of all, we were taking the investigation quest in the Northern forest as you may know." Alice said.

"Then, this little wolf girl here said that she had found a single human presence and we immediately went there and found her. That's all!" She said.

"What did the mana scanner on the guardhouse say?" Sharica asked.

"It said green, unknown. What does that even mean?" I said.

"Unknown... must be one of those small tribe villages that got destroyed a week ago." Sharica muttered.

"What do you mean?" Alice asked.

"You see, a week ago there was a report about a few tribe villages which were not part of any kingdom being destroyed by a large golden tiger which had black spots like the ones you both might have killed." She said, speaking of which how did she know about the golden lion..

"How did you know?" Alice asked.

"The smell of the golden tiger is stuck on the both of you." She said before we started smelling ourselves and noticed the smell.

"Well back to the topic, what would you both like to do with her?" She asked.

"We'll wait for her to wake up." I said.

"Mhm, I'll bring in some snacks for you two and also are you both selling the monsters you both killed?" She said.

"Mhm." I nodded before throwing out twelve silver wolves, two goblins and one golden tiger.

Sharica then stored them on her magic bag before giving us a total of 4 gold coins, 2 small gold coins and forty-four silver coins.

A golden tiger is worth 2 gold coins at most, but because there was a subjugation request for the golden tiger with a black spot like the one we killed then it became 4 gold coins.

"Well then, I'll be back then." She said before going outside the office, meanwhile, Alice who was supposedly listening to our conversation had unknowingly fallen asleep hugging the little girl.

I stared at them for a while before I unknowingly fell asleep as well.

An hour had passed by when suddenly I was awoken by a shout.

"Einz, she's awake!" Alice shouted.

"Eh?!" I immediately looked at the little girl who was holding Alice's hand while sitting on the bed.

「Mama」the little girl muttered as she stared at Alice.

"Who is Mama?" I asked when she suddenly pointed at Alice.

"Huh? Me?" Alice suddenly was shocked.

The little girl nodded, before smiling.

"Eh?!" Alice suddenly fell.

"Let's get that out for now, what's your name for now?" I asked her.

"Elise." She spoke for the first time, her voice was soft like an angel.

"Do you remember anything at all?" I asked her since Alice was still in shock for some reason.

The little girl named Elise then shook her head which most likely meant that she had no memories of it.

"She must have forcefully erased her memories." Suddenly, Sharica came inside snd said.

"What do you mean?" Alice asked.

"You see, in times of darkness some people's mana tends to rampage in which forcefully erases every kind of memory they have, other than language and such." Sharica said.

"It's better to let them be free from their past and live a new life." Sharica added.

"Then, what should we do?" I asked.

"Easy, there had been one option ever since you both had brought her here." Sharica suddenly said.

"Adopt her." The moment she said those two words, Elise suddenly smiled brightly before jumping onto Alice.

「Mama」 She kept saying as she snuggled on her.

"The girl right there agrees also." Sharica said.

I looked at Alice trying to ask for her opinion when she gazed at Elise who was in snuggling onto her.

「Mama, do you hate Elise?」 Elise then looked at Alice with a teary gaze that forces you to accept her demands.

"No, mama doesn't!" Alice who was caught by her gaze followed along until she suddenly realizes what she called herself.

"Well then, your little wife agrees also. Don't worry, the guild will handle the adoption. Take your time!" Sharica showed her scheming smile before she left.

「Mama, Papa hug!」Elise suddenly looked at us two and demanded a hug.

「No?」 She then used her most powerful weapon, her teary blue eyes and said.

"Ahh sorry!" I immediately apologized and hugged the both of them in which Alice blushed.

「Yiheee~」Elise suddenly smiled brightly.

"Maybe, it's not too bad being a mother." Alice muttered in her breath as she looked at Elise with a lovely gaze.

「Mama! Papa! Love you!」 Elise said, which burned my heart in an instant.

"I love you too, Elise." Alice then replied, I wonder how she accepted Elise as her daughter in an instant. I don't understand girls at all..

「Papa?」Elise then looked at me who was silent.

"Ah! Papa loves you too, little Elise!" I said.

"Are you hungry?" Alice asked the little Elise.

「Mhm」 She nodded before her stomach grumbled.

What instincts do mothers have?!

"Let's go eat then." Alice said before she picked Elise up and carried her on her shoulders.

We then exited the office when we were suddenly greeted with warm gazes by the people inside the guild.

"Ooh, the 「White Sniper」and 「Absolute Dagger」's daughter huh?" A man with a big ax on his back who was Oturo suddenly broke the silence.

"What's her name?" The people in the guild asked.

"How about you introduce yourself?" I said to the little Elise.

「Ah~ I am Elise.」She said before she bit her tongue.

"Elise Silvia!" Alice then corrected her.

「Ah~ Elise Silvia!」She then copied Alice which caused a large laugh on the guild.

「What's wrong, papa?」Elise asked.

"Nothing at all, they are happy." I said.

「Happy?」Elise then asked while tilting her head.

"Yes, happy like when you are with us." Alice then said.

「Happy! Elise also happy!」She suddenly shouted happily.

"This little girl is rather more active than Alice herself." Suisei said.

"Elise, call me grandmother!" Sharica suddenly said, so that was her scheme though I was expecting her to call herself something younger.

「Grandma?」 Elise asked while tilting her head.

"Yes, grandma!" Sharica suddenly shouted happily before she disappeared from her spot and tried to grabbed Elise when Alice dodged.

"Excuse me, we'll go eat first!" Alice suddenly shouted at the happy Sharica.

「Eat!」Elise copied Alice once again

"Well then, let us say this properly." Suisei said.

"Welcome to Elicia's Adventurer Guild, Elise!" Everyone suddenly shouted.

「Adventurer Guild?」 She tilted her head.

"Don't listen to them, they are a bunch of musclebrains." Alice then said.

「Mama, what's a musclebrain?」 Elise asked.

"A musclebrain is someone who uses their muscles rather than their brains." Alice replied.

「Ah!」 She nodded before her stomach grumbled.

"We will get going now, she is plenty hungry." I said.

"Mhm, please come back again with the little girl!" Oturo said.

"Mhm!" We both nodded before exiting the guild onto the inn, which was one of the best diners in the town.

On our walk, Elise asked a few questions about the surroundings while we were getting the center of attention for some reason.

We then arrived at the inn only to be greeted by a large bear.

"Oooh, where did you hide this girl?" Kanna, the bear suddenly asked.

「Mama, bear?」Elise asked while pointing at Kanna.

 (お母さんさん、クマ? Don't mind)

"Mhm, and I did not hide her!" Alice nodded at Elise's question before answering Kanna's.

"Then where did this girl come from? She looks like 10 years old to me, don't tell me you had her in your stomach for 10 years?!" Kanna suddenly made a sarcastic statement.

Alice was immediately triggered.

"Shut up, we'll take all the healthy foods in your menu multiplied by ten and also I will add one gold coin if you cook them." She said.

"Ehh?! Please, I don't want to cook?!" Kanna suddenly showed a grim face when suddenly Alice showed an evil smile.

"Auntie, Kanna won't accept our order!" Alice suddenly shouted to the auntie who was wearing another bear outfit, it was Kanna's mother.

"Huh?! This brat won't accept your order?! Let me punish her for you." The aunt said.

"Mhm, thanks." Alice said while smiling.

"What would you like to order then?" The aunt asked.

"I would like something healthy for her." Alice said while looking at Elise who was looking around the surroundings as if analyzing it.

"Mhm, she looks like you." The aunt said after staring at Elise for a few seconds before going back to the kitchen.

"What do you mean?!" Alice suddenly turned red and we took a seat.

After a few minutes, a healthy vegetable salad alongside some meat arrived on our table for Elise meanwhile I and Alice had a steak and vegetables also.

We ate happily, together with Elise who was having a hard time using spoon and fork and ended up being fed by Alice who suddenly turned into a doting parent.

After we ate, it already became night time and Elise fell asleep while we were talked. After seeing her fall asleep, we went to Kanna before moving to a larger room which cost three gold coins a month but was still affordable to us.

We then slept on one bed with Elise in the middle, after having our hands stuck on Elise's grip, not that there was any other bed anyways. This inn was also famous for its single-bed rooms anyways, I thought as my consciousness turned dark and I fell asleep.

... In a certain room from a castle.

A woman with golden hair and golden eyes, dressed in a frilly dress alongside a man with blue hair and blue eyes, wearing a butler suit can be seen talking to each other.

"Are these the reincarnators gramps had sent?" The woman muttered as she stared onto a television.

"It seems so, madam." The man nodded.

"How troublesome, I wish this evil god should die and never come back." The woman sighed as she gazed at the two moons which were shining brightly.

"Everyone wishes the same thing, madam." The man said.

"I know, you don't have to say it, go prepare to move to the town of Alteria." The woman said as she walked outside the balcony.

"Yes, madam!" The man saluted before exiting.

"It's all up to fate this time huh..." The woman muttered into the darkness.

 

That marked the first chapter of the second arc, Together with You and Her.

Extras:

• Elise loves her mother(Alice) alot to the the point that she took on her mother's (Alice) appearance but half way, her mother (Alice) changed her hairstyle together with Einz making her (Elise)'s efforts go off the drain ?

- Elise (illustration)

- Alice (illustration)

- Einz (illustration)

- Yellow haired girl mentioned in today's chapter (illustration)

 Yes, I am abandoning their previous looks (portraits) and swapping them with those above, so please imagine the earlier portraits of them never existed.

• I spent a whole night making that cover art for second arc, only to have the new reworked illustration....

Spoiler

I can't wait for all humanities hardwork to disappear!

[collapse]
7