Chapter 7 – Unexpected Events
156 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another week had passed since we had adopted Elise, we plan on extending our stay on the town for one reason. The reason being that the town is the only town in the world that contains the most legitimate records coming directly from the first Sage.

This place is the best place for Elise to learn more about the world, therefore we decided extending our stay here.

"Mama, are we going to the guild again?" Elise asked while looking up to Alice as she holds her hand.

"Mhm." Alice nodded.

Right now, we are walking our way to the guild in order to have Elise's attribute checked.

"Will Auntie Sharica be there?" Elise asked with glittery eyes, the story about her glittery eyes goes back three days ago when Sharica showed Elise some extremely flashy magic.

"Yes, she will be there." Alice said as she patted her head.

"Yey~!" Elise jumped as she walked.

"How troublesome." I muttered.

"Well, she is cute when she is happy." Alice said.

"I can't deny that at all, she looks the same as you when you go shopping."

"Wa-?!" Alice then turned red.

"Mama, Papa, flirting again!"

"No! We are not!" Alice immediately denied it with a red face.

"Hai~! Let's enter the guild now." I said before opening the door to the building, immediately we were greeted by a few people with more gazing at us.

"Welcome back, you two." Suisei said as she waved her hand from the counter.

"Is Sharica here?" I asked.

"She should be on her office, speaking of which there seems to be a nominated quest for the two of you." Suisei said.

"A nominated quest, from who?" I asked.

"It's better you meet her after you finish your business with Sharica." Suisei said.

"Mhm, please fill us with the details after." Alice said.

"Sure thing!" Suisei answered before we walked to Sharica's office on the right corner, we immediately entered without knocking because it was troublesome.

The moment we entered the room, Elise immediately sat at the sofa with expectations flying around.

"Auntie, magic please!" She said.

"We'll do that later!" Sharica who was looking at a document said.

"Awww~" Elise then showed a depressed face.

"She did say later, you can wait right?" Alice then sat next to Elise as she caressed her hair.

"Mhm." She nodded before relaxing once more on the sofa.

"Well then if I remember correctly, the two of you are here to check her attributes?" Sharica said.

"Yep." I nodded.

"Okay, place your hand on here, Little Elise." Sharica said as she placed the same orb as the one we used back in the days.

"Mhm." Elise then nodded before placing her hand on the orb, the orb immediately flashed three times in different intervals, the first time flashed a rainbow color before swapping to amber and then finally stopping with gold.

"Wha-what's this?!" Sharica showed a shocked face, It was not just her who was shocked but all of us in the room except for the little girl herself.

"What does that mean?" I asked in unison with Alice.

"Wait... let me check the records." She immediately ran to a nearby bookshelf with the label 'Attribute Meanings' and after five minutes of scrambling took a green book.

She then started rummaging through the pages before arriving at a single page eighteen minutes later, during that time we drank tea and ate cookies while talking.

"... The rarest of all rares?!" Sharica suddenly shouted during our little tea time which immediately dragged all our attention to her.

"What do you mean?" Alice asked while crunching on a cookie.

"Little Elise has all three attributes!" Sharica said with an even more shocked face.

"Is that even possible?!" I asked as I spat out the tea I drank.

"It is possible, only three people in history have done so though..."

"The first one was eighteen thousand years ago, the first Sage in which was followed by the first Princess Knight, Karen Shizuko and lastly by our current Queen, Zia Shizuko." Sharica said.

"Aren't they all higher figures?!" Alice shouted as she kept crunching on her cookies.

Sharica nodded in response to the question.

"Does it mean that she can use all types of magic?!" I asked while sipping on my tea.

Suddenly a hooded woman with golden hair alongside golden eyes followed by a butler entered.

"Yes, she can." The woman said as she closed the door.

"Who are you?(?!)" Alice and I shouted at the same time.

"Your highness?!" Sharica shouted.

"Wa-? Your Highness, which one?!" I asked as I spat my tea once more.

"Your Highness, Zia Shizuko!" Sharica shouted at me.

"Wa-waa?! What is she doing here?" I stuttered as I asked.

"Pretty lady." Elise suddenly stood up and walked to the woman before saying.

"Aww, thank you for your compliment little girl." The Queen said as she took off her hood and patted Elise's hair.

"Wa-what are you doing here, your highness?!" Sharica then asked the serious question.

"Why can't I be here?" She replied playfully.

"Ah~! I mean, do you have something to do with us?" Sharica asked the same question but in different words.

"Well, I think you can say that I am meeting my niece and siblings." The Queen said as she stared at us.

"Wait... what?!" All of us stared at each other for a few seconds before shouting.

"Who?!" We asked. (誰?!) 

"The two of you along with this fluffy one." The Queen said as she pointed at the two of us before picking Elise up.

"Hyaa~" Elise shouted playfully as she relaxed, aren't you supposed to be shocked, well I forgot you are too young to understand...

"What do you mean?" I calmed down and asked.

"Do you mind, if you let us talk privately for now, Sharica?" The Queen, Zia said while looking at Sharica.

"I don't mind, your highness." Sharica said before bowing down and exiting the room as stiff as a rock.

"You too, Sebastian."

"Yes, your highness." The butler, Sebastian bowed down before exiting the room in which the Queen started casting some kind of magic that covered the entire room.

"No need to be formal with me." Zia said to us who were confused while holding Elise on her arms.

"Let me reintroduce myself, I am Zia Shizuko, the only daughter of Karen Shizuko."

"Mh... wait, wasn't Karen Shizuko from two hundred years ago!?!" We both were about to nod before we noticed the name.

"Oh, kaa-san (mother) had a rather long lifespan, before finally resting twelve years ago after I was twelve years old." Zia said with sad eyes.

"Sorry, let's get back to the topic then." She immediately regained herself and said.

"Mhm, what do you mean by us being siblings though?" Alice spoke first.

"We have to go back to when you both were transported here."

"Supposedly, you two alongside Elise were supposed to arrive at the castle and be introduced as the royal princess and prince but something happened midway."

"That still doesn't explain why we are siblings?" Alice said.

"You see, in order for a person to reincarnate a container is needed and the only way to create a container is the natural way."

"Therefore, the Goddess of Creation alongside the old man did what was needed and created two bodies in one year, which should seem like one second to the two of you."

"But, there was one problem... both of the mana you two had surpassed the limits of the body therefore it was needed for another container (body) to hold it."

"The two took their time before deciding on creating another one, but with the two of your blood and flesh and the outcome was this little girl." Zia said as she looked at Elise.

"Mhm?" Elise tilted her head before going to her business.

"Wait, what do you mean using our flesh and blood?!" Alice asked.

"Let me explain this properly, you see little Alice, your body once held a little girl inside which is the girl, Elise in other words your body was once pregnant with her but since your soul was not inside the body yet, therefore, you should have no recollection." Zia said.

"Wa-waa?!" Alice suddenly darken.

"Oh, don't worry they created Elise by letting your body drink a kind of mana water therefore your purity was never touched." Zia said playfully before Alice regained her face.

"Well, that still doesn't explain how we are siblings!" Alice then asked again.

"Can you wait?!" Zia sighed.

"Anyways, within the two of you holds the blood of okaa-san (mother) and your previous bodies blood."

"You see, kaa-san(mother) and I are both reincarnators with the only difference being I was born through her".

"The complicated thing here is I was born without a father, and okaa-san (mother) was still a virgin and unmarried therefore rumors spread all around the country."

"The two gods have since offered their apology to kaa-san(mother) seventeen years ago."

"And after that, we didn't see the two of them again until the last few minutes of kaa-san."

"The two of them asked kaa-san on what she wished to do after in which she replied in a voice that I couldn't hear before they agreed and said their goodbyes"

"After a few moments, kaa-san said her last words, 'wait for me'.." Zia said before tearing up.

"Auntie is crying?" Elise suddenly looked at Zia who was crying before wiping the tears off.

"No, auntie isn't crying." Zia said before regaining her composure.

"Well.. after twelve years had passed, the two of them had contacted me once again asking me to take care of you three."

"I agreed unanimously and waited until they contacted me once again after a week had passed saying that something happened midway and the three of you were separated or rather Elise was separated from the two of you."

"I was then immediately given instructions to help the little one until the two of you can find her, in which I asked this one to take care of her." Zia said before summoning a white-haired girl with wolf ears.

"Why am I being called, master?" The white-haired girl asked.

"WAA~! It's you!" Elise suddenly shouted as she glared at the girl, in which the girl showed a wry smile.

"Oh, sorry. I mistakenly called you, you can go back." She said, before the white-haired girl nodded and vanished out of thin air.

"Where did the monster go!" Elise shouted with a confused face.

"She went back to her home." Zia said.

"Home?" Elise tilted her head.

"Yes, home." Zia replied in a gentle tone.

"Oh..." Elise nodded before falling back asleep.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"My pet, similar to yours. She is Fenrir, one of the legendary wolves."

"Anyways, back that was all any more questions?" She asked.

"What happened to her memories?" Alice asked while looking at Elise who had fallen asleep.

"Well, how do I say this... she was unconscious for a whole month, and woke up once which was before the two of you found her but Fenrir scared her to sleep." Zia said while wearing a wry smile.

"How did she get wounded though?" Alice asked with a more serious face.

"According to what Fenrir reported to me, she had casted 「Fake Injury」 on her which immediately disappears after a kind of healing magic is applied, in order to acquire both of your attention." Zia said.

"Well, what happens to us now?" I asked.

"Well, don't worry about the news being leaked. I made sure that Sharica had her mouth sealed."

"Well then, I will be following the three of you in your journey from now on." Zia said.

"Wait... who will handle the kingdom then?!" Alice shouted.

"Oh, no need to worry about that. My Fenrir can act as a doppelganger while communicating with me telepathically." Zia said.

"Will we get killed if you get injured?!" I asked.

"What makes you think about that?!"

"Well, even without your agreements I will still tag along."

"Fine.." Alice said, when suddenly a red window popped up in front of all of us.

  • The system has been updated.

  • Changelog:

  • Minimap has been removed.

  • Status Page has been simplified.

All of us immediately were stunned by what we saw, I immediately checked my interface only to see the whole map is gone.

"Wha... my status has changed.." Zia suddenly said, before I checked my status.

  • Einz Silvia // Human?

  • Health : 250 HP

  • Mana : 250 MP

  • Level : 22 Lv.

  • Class : Master Assassin

  • Power : S

  • Agility : A

  • Magic : B

  • Brain : A

"The status is no longer as detailed as before.." I muttered.

"What does class mean?" Alice asked when a popup visible to all three of us showed up.

「Class is a function in which boosts every skill that is related to it.」

"It is most likely proficiencies, well this doesn't really affect us much other than the loss of the minimap." I said after reading it.

"True." They nodded when suddenly the door was forcefully opened and Sharica came inside shouting.

"A monster outbreak is happening!"

Spoiler

Here's a mini tease, "To protect the people you love, sacrifices have to be made."

[collapse]

7