Chapter 8 – The Inevitable Sacrifice
150 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A monster outbreak is happening!" Sharica forcefully entered the room and shouted with a terrified expression.

"What?!" All of us among the room except for the sleeping Elise shouted in unison which woke up the sleeping girl.

"How many monsters are there estimated?!" I asked.

"Over twelve thousand monsters estimate..." She said with an extremely grim expression.

"What should we do..." Alice muttered while biting her fingers.

"Most situations like these, there is little to none chance of surviving." Zia said.

"What will you guys do?" She asked while looking at Sharica.

"An emergency quest has been issued, but you four can escape while you can." Sharica said.

"What do you mean escape?!" Zia suddenly shouted back.

"This is my kingdom, my people. If I can't protect it then I don't deserve to be the one who represents the people." She shouted.

"Sebastian, use the communication stone and tell the army to come here within 2 days. I'll stay here to defend the town, considering this is also one of the most important defense in the kingdom."

"If this town falls down, then the capital shall fall down next." She added.

"Yes, your highness!" Sebastian saluted before taking out a stone with a rune engraved on it and breaking it.

"How about you three?" She asked.

"If my sister is staying then why wouldn't I?" I said.

"Mhm." Alice nodded.

"How about Elise?" Sharica asked.

"I will have Fenrir protect her, we can't just leave her here." Zia said.

"Isn't that dangerous, how about leaving her on a carriage in case." Sharica said.

"Not possible, we cannot trust anyone else." Zia said.

"Can't Fenrir leave with her?" Sharica asked.

"She can't, in the worst case scenario where we get defeated then Fenrir also disappears." Zia said.

"Then, what will happen to the royal bloodline?!" Sharica asked.

"Let's stop right there, focus on how we will defend this." Alice said.

"Ah- sorry." Sharica apologized.

"Tell your adventurers that every adventurer will be rewarded twenty small gold coins every eight monsters killed and twenty gold coins once the outbreak is gone." Zia said.

"Yes~!" Sharica said before exiting outside and announcing the details.

Meanwhile, inside the room a tense atmosphere is spreading quickly.

"Are you sure about this, Zia?" I asked.

"How can I not be sure enough?" She replied.

"How are we going to do this then?" Alice asked.

"Hm.. we'll join their discussion outside." Zia said before exiting the room, we followed afterward only to see the whole guild in an extremely tense atmosphere.

Over a thousand adventurers can be seen, it is surprising how the building can hold this much.

"Does anyone disagree?" Sharica asked.

"None here, this is the town we lived on afterall." A lot of people showed their approval after a man spoke.

"Mhm.. well then."

"We'll split into four units, each group will have a leader."

"The four unit's goal is to last as long until reinforcements arrive."

"The first unit will be led by Oturo, the berserker ax-wielder and will defend the eastern gate."

"The second unit group will be led by Kaira, the sorceress of darkness onto the southern gate."

"The third unit group will be led by Hikaru, Archer of Steel onto the western gate."

"And finally, the fourth group who will defend the main gate shall be led by..." Sharica was about to speak when suddenly someone interrupted.

"Me." Zia shouted, wearing full black armor which seems to be Mythril.

"The Queen?!" Everyone shouted in surprise.

"Yes, I will take the lead for the main gate. Each group will have 250 people each, the main objective is to last until reinforcements arrive which is estimated to be in two days."

"In twelve more hours, a group of A ranks together with the S rank party, Internal Flames shall arrive as extra reinforcements."

"According to scouts, the eastern side consists of mostly aerial monsters therefore we shall arrange 150 rangers onto that side."

"The western and southern sides apparently consist of ground type monsters such as goblins, silver wolves, golden tigers and orcs therefore we shall arrange 150 warriors, 20 sorcerers and 80 rangers onto the two."

"The remaining shall take up the main gate, which consists of a mix of ground and aerial type monsters. I shall lead the warriors and the likes, meanwhile my sister, Alice shall lead the enchanters and rangers and finally with my brother, Einz leading the Assassins to fight against the leader."

"The one leading the monsters according to the scouts is an orc king, which is weak against surprise attacks."

"The warriors shall defend and distract the ground, ensuring the safety of the sorcerers and rangers."

"The sorcerers and rangers shall focus on supporting the ground allies while defeating as much aerial monsters."

"Does anyone have any objections?" Zia said with full charisma.

"None, your highness!" They all saluted.

"Let's go then, to victory!" She shouted with all her might as she raised her sword.

""To victory!""

Everyone shouted before exiting the guild and running to their assigned sides together with their leaders, meanwhile, the five of us moved to the main gate which was the largest.

Upon arriving at the front gate, we were greeted by a large cloud of dust which was followed by thousands of silhouettes with a lot more flying.

"I'll go now, take care." I said to the two of them before leading two hundred people wearing sketchy hoods with daggers.

The warriors led by Zia ran first holding their large shields and swords, meanwhile, the archers and sorcerers led by Alice and Elise with Fenrir went up to the walls and started chanting.

"Let's go." I shouted before running outside and flanking on the sides, we split into two groups and sliced through most enemies we find as we climbed through trees onto what seemed like the orc king.

"Group two, attack from its back while we distract it from the front." I shouted as we arrived in front of the orc king.

The orc king was a large orc with a crown on his head, holding an extremely long greatsword on its right hand.

Immediately, the orc king noticed us in the front and grabbed its sword with two hands and sliced horizontally.

"Dodge it!" I shouted before most of us hopped over the slicing sword, while a large number of fireballs along with ice shards flew towards it.

Using the support from the sorcerers to our advantage, we ran as fast as we could before slicing the orc king's body with our daggers.

"Now!" I shouted before we backed off and threw five hundred glowing daggers straight onto the orc king, immediately after being hit with the blood of the orc king the daggers exploded causing a large explosion.

"GWARRR!"

After the cloud of dust dissipated, the orc king can be seen holding his sword vertically before swinging it. We were caught by surprise and immediately got knocked back, with some suffering serious injuries.

"BACK OFF, UNIT 2 THROW!" I shouted as we backed off as fast as we could, the group from behind immediately threw their daggers causing another large explosion causing the orc king to be tattered all over with flesh hanging.

"WARGGH!"

The orc king's eyes immediately flashed red before flashing towards us and swinging its swords as fast as it could.

"GWARH!"

At that moment, over half of our group were hit with more than half of them sliced apart together with a fountain of blood.

Following the strike, the group behind struck down once again only to get eliminated by the great sword.

"Wa-waa..." I saw one of them was about to shout before getting stomped.

"...." I stood there with a painful feeling, seeing all these people who possibly have families of their own getting killed.

"What should I do..." I muttered as I looked on my dagger, immediately the orc king flashed in front of me before striking down.

Instinctively, I tried parrying it with my dagger before sliding to the side but it didn't end there, the orc king immediately struck down once again slicing off my left arm.

"ARGH"

Immediately, pain filled my whole body and half of my health points were gone. I knelt down in pain before the orc king prepared to attack once again, in that moment I felt death once again.

The greatsword shone as it was raised upwards before falling straight onto me, I closed my eyes and waited for a while when I noticed nothing happened.

I looked up to see a man trying to parry it with his dagger only to have it crack and sliced apart, in that moment the man looked at me and said as he smiled.

"Lead us to victory, leader."

Even when faced by death itself, the man thought about others over himself.

I was immediately awoken by his words and took up my dagger once again, this time the dagger shone bright red and my thought processing accelerated.

I started to run to the orc king who was having a massacre before jumping, immediately after jumping I felt power gushing onto me and I slashed towards the orc.

The slash was visible, being red in color containing enough pressure to make the orc king stop on its track.

BAM!

A bang was heard as it struck onto the orc, a large wound was immediately visible on the orc king together with a faint red crystal glowing.

"AWRRR!"

The orc king shouted before flashing towards me once again, this time I can see it running and immediately blocked off the attack which caused a large amount of dust to fly around.

Upon parrying the attack, I slashed once again with full force onto the orc king before it blocked it and countering once again.

We kept repeating, mutually injuring ourselves after a whole 20 minutes the orc king started to feel exhaustion with the crystal dimming.

I took the opportunity and jumped towards where the crystal was located and slashed but as I slashed towards it, a sword went flying towards me and I was struck on the stomach.

It didn't stop the dagger as the dagger flew towards the crystal as if it had its own consciousness, shining bright red covering the whole sky before hitting the crystal itself and a loud bang was heard followed by an explosion similar to five rockets exploding at the same time.

All I saw as I was falling was a bright light together with a large warning indicating my health points were now at one, and then zero before everything turned dark.

  • Has our protagonist fallen?!
  • The chapters will be shorter than usual, therefore it is a daily upload until chapter 10.

6