Chapter 9 – Till Death, Do us Part
144 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

....『Alice's Perspective』

After a few moments of running, we arrive at the main gate, infront of me is Zia wearing golden armor meanwhile Einz staying behind us.

On the other side of the gate, a large cloud of dust can be seen followed by thousands of sillhouttes with a lot more flying around.

I look back to Einz with worry especially considering how they will fight the leader itself, after a shortwhile Zia started her move and started her defense.

"I'll go now, take care." I said after steeling myself and took lead of the rangers on to the top of the walls, through ladders.

Along me is Fenrir and Elise, with the exception of Fenrir we were all long range class.

After a few moments, we were all on the top of the wall holding our bows and stick as we watch an large monster with long wings that looks like a wyvern flying towards us.

"Take aim!" I shouted as we immediately took aim at several monsters, we waited for them to arrive into our attack range before we went and shot in unison.

A large number of fire balls along with amber and ice arrows can be seen flying in the air as they struck down onto their targets with precise aim.

Immediately after the first round of attacks, we prepared to strike again and immediately innumerable amounts of aerial type monsters were falling off from the sky.

"Great, keep focus!" I shouted as I looked at Elise who was casting beginner type spells that she learned from our practice.

After a shortwhile, we saw loads of people hopping over trees before arriving at the boss which was a large orc with a crown.

"Look, it's your papa." I said to Elise who was having a grim expression especially being only one month old.

"Where?" Her eyes suddenly glowed as she asked.

"There." I pointed with my bow as she stared at the large fight occurring, after pointing I then drew the bow once again and shot a large arrow onto another wyvern.

After the wyvern fell onto their own allies, I checked how the others were doing. Zia was holding on with her golden shield and swords very well meanwhile Einz were doing wel...

"AIM AT THE ORC KING!" I shouted as I saw the orc king was about to slash horizontally, immediately after my command followed a large number of fireballs alongside amber and ice arrows striking down onto where the orc king waas.

"Good." I shouted before looking at the air and was surprised to suddenly see ten times more than before.

"STRIKE AT ONCE!" I shouted as we drew our weapons and casted our spells before shooting all at once, we relaxed for a second until a few monsters flew past us directly hitting some of us though it was subjugated immediately by a few quick witted rangers along with Fenrir whose claws reached far.

Blood spilled from the castle walls but I didn't have enough time to care as I drew the bow this time at full force holding over 6 arrows at once together with its full enchants.

Seemingly noticing my intent, the bow shone red as I immediately felt my arrows being strengthen before I shot at what seems to be the most dangerous among them.

After thinking that it was dead, I checked our situation and found out that the monsters took down a third of us which was a shocker.

I then checked on the situation of the ground with Zia doing well on her defense but there was a problem.

On the back where the leader of the outbreak was, you could see constant explosions and clouds of dusts flying around as the orc king went on an massacare.

Suddenly, the most unexpected happened as the orc king was left tattered with flesh its eyes glowed red before flashing into Einz who tried parrying it.

"WA~!" I shouted as I saw his left arm geting sliced away, I looked at Elise who seemingly noticed and showed an extremely painful face.

"Don't look." I said to her as I told Fenrir to hide her away.

After a few seconds had past, the orc king was about to strike once again, unable to bear the pain I tried drawing my bow but it seemed to harden itself.

I closed my eyes in pain as I imagined my loved one being killed infront of me, I felt powerless as I dropped my bow.

"WHY.." I kept thinking as I opened my eyes to see a man smiling at Einz as he sacrificed himself while sending a message.

In that moment, a bright red glow suddenly appeared from Einz's dagger, the glow shone brighter as he started his attack.

In that moment, I forgot my role and kept watching the fight that was happening infront of me, it was a repeat of slash and block before another slash that took up twenty minutes when the orc king suddenly showed signs of exhaustion with Einz jumping to take the last hit.

As he hopped towards a shiny crystal, a greatsword came flying towards him as my heart suddenly felt a loss. He didn't block the greatsword and was struck straight into the stomach as he threw his dagger straight into the crystal.

In that moment the dagger struck onto the crystal, the whole world was covered in red as an explosion that can be heard from as far as next town can be heard.

After the red glow dissipated, I saw Einz falling from the sky with almost nothing left. I immediately tried casting an wind spell but it was too late as he fell down onto the ground looking at me with a smile.

A tear immediately fell down on my cheeks as he suddenly dissipated together with crystals flying around the whole battlefield.

"WHYY?!!" I shouted as I fell apart, my whole heart broke down as I can no longer feel his presence. I wanted to scream as loud as I can, as I recall the moment he fell to the ground.

Elise came running towards me with tears on her eyes, I want to end this right now as I grabbed my bow and powered it to its limit, shining bright red with sadness, I drew the bow as eighteen arrows appeared with over fifty flying around me.

I shot the bow and immediately almost all the monsters flying around fell down, before a large sillhoutte appeared with red scales and a loud roar. It was a dragon flying extremely fast towards us.

I drew my bow once again this time aiming at it, the bow seemingly containing sadness as its limits were surpassed bringing about twenty arrows and over eighty floating around me before being shot straight at the dragon.

The bow cracked as it fell apart with the dragon right infront of me, with its mouth open and a large fireball infront of it.

The dragon fell down but right as the fireball struck onto the three of us, all I saw was a large red fiery ball infront of me as I grabbed Elise who was with Fenrir and threw them as far as I could onto the town before the fireball struck onto me.

I saw the sky revolve around me slowly as I landed near Elise, I stared at my health points dropping quickly to zero, before smiling towards her who was shocked beyond belief with tears on her cheeks.

"Don't cry and live on with our blood for me, my little daughter." I said to her before my whole consciousness disappeared.

 

I don't remember having Tragedy in my tags!

5