Chapter 10 – One Last Chance
132 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wish to protect comes with sacrifices, to love someone comes with a price, in a battlefield we watch as people fight till their own deaths to protect their loved ones...

....

"Mama?.." A lonely black-haired girl cried together with my Fenrir as she stared at her mother who was smiling at her.

The mother smiled brightly as she closed her eyes, with a tear dripping out her eyes, she was Alice, my sister that I had just met a few hours ago.

After giving a bright smile, her body slowly dissipated and crumbled into crystals as they flew up in the sky.

"Mama?!.." The black-haired girl, Elise held out her hand as she tried to catch a single shard with tears falling out of her eyes.

"MAMA!!" She shouted as she knelt down, I stood there and watched her with a painful feeling.

The battle had ended, through the sacrifices of her father and mother. She stared at me as she cried with all her heart.

"Auntie, Mama is just asleep right?" She asked despite knowing everything in heart as if to escape reality.

"Yes, she is sleeping peacefully." I said as my cheeks suddenly felt wet.

"Yeah, Mama and Papa are just asleep." She said before crying out loud, her little fingers gritting onto the gravel.

In the battle, her father fought against the supposed leader of the outbreak and died bravely meanwhile her mother who was supposed to be safe against danger, sacrificed herself to protect her own daughter as she fought against an unexpected enemy, an dragon.

The little girl, held onto a cracked black bow with glowing accents and stared at it.

"Your highness, we have retrieved the dagger." A knight called out to me before showing an cracked black dagger similar to the bow.

"Give me that!" Elise shouted as she grabbed the dagger from the knight's hand.

"Wa-!" The knight was about to catch her before I stopped him.

"Go back and help out with the rebuilding." I said before the knight saluted and left us alone.

"Auntie, you liar." She said with tears dripping on her eyes as she held onto the two weapons.

"I know." I responded when suddenly a strong shake was felt and a loud roar followed, I immediately ran outside with my sword and shield.

What I saw was a large mountain, or rather a large monster that looked like a turtle but was black with a shell that is glowing blue similar to a crystal.

"Wha-wa is that?!" A knight shouted as everyone immediately went into an uproar, I looked at Elise who was glaring with extreme bloodlust towards the monster.

I tried checking with 「Analysis」and what returned was.

  • Behemoth Lv. 0

The results didn't help out at all, as it only gave out the name, I immediately prepared my sword and shield as I stare at the large monster, Behemoth approaching us slowly.

"What do we do, your highness?!" One of the knights asked, with a frightened expression.

I kept thinking of a solution, a single solution that leads to less people suffering, after a few minutes of thinking I made my decision.

"I will go alone, everyone shall evacuate to the city of Alteria." I said while gripping my sword tightly.

"Wa-!?" Everyone was surprised.

"Your highness, you can't go there alone!" The knights shouted.

"Shut up, and follow my orders!" I shouted while glaring at all of them, immediately they backed off before saluting.

"Please come back safely!" They all shouted before running to the back gate.

"Sister, Brother, Mother, wait for me there." I muttered before running towards the behemoth.

The behemoth noticed me and roared loudly, causing an earthquake but I kept running towards it while smiling at my sword and shield before they started glowing bright golden.

"It's our last battle, Kana." I said to my weapons, before they glowed more brightly as if responding to my words.

After a few minutes of running, I arrive at the behemoth and stared at it before going for my first strike.

"Take this!" I shouted as I held my sword up high and slashing vertically causing a large bright slash.

The behemoth noticing the slash held its foot upwards before stomping the slash.

"Wa-?!" I was surprised, the slash itself is as heavy as two dinosaurs and is sharper than Mythril itself.

"How about this?!" I shouted before running towards its foot and slashing it horizontally while pouring as much mana as possible.

Immediately, the slash caused a large wound on its foot as it roared and started to act aggressively.

I held out my shield before one of the foot stomped towards me, the foot felt as heavy as a spacecraft and immediately my foot bent.

I gripped on my sword before striking its sole directly, causing it to trip slightly before I backed off and prepared another strike.

Aggressively pouring my mana towards my sword as I ran towards the tripped behemoth's face before slashing towards its eyes.

The slash created craters as it ran towards the behemoth's face, the behemoth immediately opened its mouth and ate the slash.

"WA-?!" I stopped on my tracks as one of my most powerful moves were simply eaten...

The behemoth then roared before standing up once again, this time running towards me at full speed.

I tried to defend the bash through my shield but was immediately knocked back before one of the foot approached me to stomp once again.

I watched the foot approaching near me and closed my eyes while gripping my shield, but a few seconds had pass and nothing happened.

I opened my eyes to see the behemoth losing one foot, and looked behind before seeing an black-haired girl glowing bright red as she held onto a bow with an dagger as an arrow.

She drew her bow before shooting it once again, as it shone brightly and struck onto the behemoth's eye and exploded.

The behemoth roared loudly as the dagger came flying to the little girl as she grabbed it, the little girl then approached me as she drew her bow once again and shot at the behemoth.

"Auntie, don't leave me alone." She said towards me, immediately I realized that I had one more family member alive, my niece.

"Sorry." I apologized before standing up with my cracked shield with a teardrop on my eyes.

"Let's finish this then?" I said as I smiled towards her.

"Mhm." She nodded before drawing her bow as I pointed my bow towards the large behemoth, together we shot our projectiles.

Two large beams, red and gold were flying towards the behemoth, the behemoth roared as I opened its mouth once again before shooting out a large beam.

The two beams kept trying to push one another before the red and gold managed to push back the bright violet one.

Immediately, I fell down to my knees while Elise also dropping to her knees showing signs of mana exhaustion. I smiled at her, as the battle had finally ended.

She smiled as well, before showing a surprised face. I immediately looked behind me only to see the behemoth with a distorted face opening its mouth and shooting out a large beam.

I immediately threw my shield to Elise before standing in front of the beam, two large magic circles immediately appeared in front of me before forming a large golden shield.

The two battled each other before my shield cracked, I smiled at my little niece.

"Sorry." I said, to the shocked Elise.

"AUNTIE!" She shouted before the beam approached me, I closed my eyes.

I checked my health points, only to see it stayed the same. I opened my eyes and found an old man holding a stick in front of me.

"The sage?!" I shouted before he smiled towards me and a magic circle twice as large as the behemoth appeared in front of us and immediately the behemoth's shield cracked.

The behemoth then tried running before more magic circles appeared below it and chains came out and stopped it on its track.

The sage then walked slowly towards it before pointing his stick towards it and another large magic circle appeared forming into a sword and slicing the behemoth into half.

"That should do it." He muttered before coming towards us.

"You truly resemble your mother." He said to me before pointing the wooden stick towards us and immediately injuries disappeared.

I stood up before bowing gently.

"Greetings, the Great Sage." I said, before picking Elise who had teary eyes.

"This one is my niece, Elise Silvia." I introduced the crying Elise.

"Where's her mother and father?" The sage asked me.

"Mama and Papa are sleeping." Unexpectedly, the crying Elise answered before I smiled wryly.

"Do you mind showing to me those two artifacts, young girl." The sage said as he looked at the two weapons she was holding.

"No!" She shook her head as she increased her grip towards the two weapons, after a short while she looked back before handing out the two weapons.

"Just a little bit." She said, similar to a tsundere.

"Mhm." The sage took the two weapons and stared at it before they started glowing red.

"「One Last Chance」" The sage muttered before tons of crystal shards flew towards us forming a circle before gathering towards two points.

The crystal shards then slowly formed two bodies, they were Alice and Einz.

"MAMA?! PAPA?!" Elise shouted as she ran towards the two bodies who were sleeping on the ground before cherry blossoms suddenly appeared.

"What was that?" I asked the Sage when he suddenly smiled towards me.

"It's a single-use spell the two weapons had, the ability to protect its owner once." The sage said.

"How did you know about it?" I asked.

"You see, this wooden stick is also one of the weapons granted by God."

"Well, I'll go now." He said before looking towards the behemoth and casting a spell.

"Thank you, gramps!" Elise suddenly shouted as she smiled brightly with joyful tears on her eyes.

"Mhm." The sage looked towards her with eyes that long for someone, before smiling and slowly disappearing.

I looked at the scene, filled with cherry blossoms together with the shiny night sky and smiled.

"Maybe, just maybe, for the first time the royal family might have a complete family." I muttered onto the night sky before knights came running towards us and escorted us back to town.

「This marks the official end of the second arc, Together with You and Her 」

I wonder if I should let Zia and Elise experience what Alice and Einz has.
  • Yes Please Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Mercy on them Votes: 9 69.2%
Total voters: 13
6