Chapter 11 – Towards the Future
110 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    "Where am I?" I muttered as I stared at the unfamiliar wooden ceiling.

    "Is this another heaven?" I asked myself before I tried standing up, immediately pain filled my mind before I fell back down.

    Suddenly, the door opened and a black-haired little girl suddenly came sprinting towards me.

    "Papa!" She shouted while crying, the little girl was Elise.

    "Yosh, yosh, stop crying." I patted her hair after coming to the realization that I am still alive.

    "Papa and Mama are both bad!" She said to me as she smacked my chest repeatedly, despite the pain the smacks gave I wholeheartedly endured it knowing how much more painful her heart went through.

    "Elise, do you mind if I talk to your papa for now?" A woman with golden hair said.

    "No." Elise shouted with determined eyes as she hugged me harder.

    "It's fine, we can talk with her here Zia." I said.

    "Mhm." Zia nodded before sitting down on a couch next to my bed.

    "So, what happened after?" I asked the first and most important question.

    "Tons of things, like..." Zia started explaining.

    After a while, she finished telling the whole events that happened after I fell, especially how Alice died and a behemoth arrived only to be stopped by a Sage and how we were revived one last time with the help of the Sage.

    "A lot has happened huh." I muttered.

    "Yeah, if only you had seen Elise's cries back then, your heart would immediately break." Zia said.

    "True, speaking of which how's Alice?" I asked as I stare at Elise who fell asleep while hugging me.

    "She woke up a few hours ago before going back to rest." Zia said.

    "How's the damage to the town?" I asked.

    "The Eastern and Southern side was absolutely destroyed but they managed to defeat all the monsters in time meanwhile the others except the main gate had little casualties." Zia replied.

    "Hmm... What do you plan to do next?" I stared at Zia, who was respectfully the Queen of this kingdom.

    "I did say before, I will be following the three of you not because of the duty given to me by the old man but because of my desire to know more of this world."

    "After all, ever since I was born, Mom treated me as a caged bird under the premise of protection which was all truth as Mom had plentiful of enemies." Zia said.

    "Speaking of Mo...Karen, what should I call her honestly?" I asked.

    "You can call her, mom as well since the three of us including Elise has her blood flowing within our veins." Zia said.

    "What does Alice call her?" I asked once again.

    "Alice didn't ask the same question as you but instead just straightforwardly called her mom as well." Zia said.

    "Oh well, what's our objective now" I muttered.

    "Certainly, to explore the world while fulfilling the duties given to us by the old man."

    "My main objective is to find mom's reincarnation." Zia said.

    "How do you even know she is reincarnating here?" I asked with a confused face.

    "There was a note hidden within my sword's handle, the note specifically mentioned the agreement they had."

    "To reward Mom's accomplishments within her lifetime, she is given a chance to reincarnate once again into this world but there was no time, location or other details mentioned." Zia explained as she stared at the ceiling, reminscising her memories.

    "How would you know who is her reincarnation?" I asked another question.

    "Time will tell, that's all I can say especially with how the skill system has been reworked." Zia said.

    "Wait.. what do you mean it has been reworked?" I shouted which caused Elise to suddenly wake up for a few seconds before falling back asleep.

    "Not just the skills, even our levels were reset after the outbreak, all the newer information about the skill rework has been spread throughout the world, the details are as follow."

    "Skills can now be acquired through experiences and learning for example books and the likes."

    "In the past, only magic can be acquired through books but now a whole new system has been implemented."

    "Skills are now categorized by three tiers, Apprentice, Graduated and finally Expert."

    "Apprentice is the first tiers which is the starting point of all skills, to acquire Graduated and Expert you need to train yourself heavily from Apprentice."

    "You can earn Apprentice skills through learning and theorizing, this system has caused a rather huge influx of demand for scholars together with almost all schools being mandatory."

    "Thankfully, with my Royal authority, we are granted access to research and books as long as we want."

    "Anyways, together with the skill system is the class system."

    "You cannot acquire skills that are not within the boundaries of your class, for example a Sorcerer cannot acquire skills such as Dagger Mastery meanwhile an Assassin cannot acquire skills such as Intermediate Magic."

    "It may sound disadvantageous for close combat and non-mage classes at first until you realize there are unique skills for these close combat classes and likes."

    "For example, a ranger like Alice can enhance her bow twice as fast on her bow while also being twice as agile but with the condition being that they are using their bow."

    "While an Assassin like you, have less presence when holding a dagger and can cause an explosive amount of damage upon striking unnoticed people."

    "Your class, specifically Master Assassin has an additional effect on the unique skill being the ability to be thrice as agile than usual holding a dagger meanwhile being able to enchant your weapon."

    "For me, my unique ability is to be able to take all the damage of all party members within a short radius meanwhile all heals are twice as effective."

    "In addition to these class unique abilities, every human is granted their own unique skill which is equal to their soul's identification."

    "A human cannot be granted a unique skill until they reach the age of ten and have a baptism under the Temple of Class."

    "The Temple of Class is a new organization built with full privacy and is fully non-profit, they are funded with necessities by the royal families and every member of the organization cannot leave the temple."

    "It is a strict organization formed after an oracle by the old man, every member is not allowed to disclose any unique skills a person acquires."

    "The organization is also the only place where you can change class after reaching the Expert tier and also is the only place where you can tier up after facing each tier's trial."

    "The class you acquire is fully random and is based on your talents."

    "Also, to tier up you are required to reach the maximum level of your class for example my class, Holy Knight has a maximum level of 50 and that is for Apprentice Tier."

    "Every tier has a different maximum level and also a different speed of experience gains."

    "That should be all the information the old man had threw to us, all of the information is now common knowledge and is taught to everyone." Zia explained in a whole hour, unknowingly Sharica arrived while she was explaining.

    "Finally, I can intrude into the conversation." Sharica muttered.

    "Ah, sorry." Zia apologized.

    "Oh no, your Highness shouldn't apologize that easily to a lowly worker like me." Sharica said.

    "Lowly worker, the former Royal Mage says." Zia laughed loudly.

    "That is all in the past, your Highness." Sharica then said.

    "Wa-.. you were a former royal mage?!" I shouted in surprise.

    "Mhm, my full name is Sharica Aur Blu." She said.

    "Aur Blu was granted to her when she managed to protect a small village against an outbreak of a thousand monsters alone, Aur Blu stands for Blue Flames since her flames before was unique blue." Zia explained.

    "That is all in the past, now everyone is back at the starting point after the rework." Sharica said.

    "Mhm, true." Zia nodded.

    The rework had caused every single person's levels and the likes to drop dramatically, the only exceptions being the people with Heaven's blood for example the Royal Family of Shizuko which includes me, Alice, Elise and Zia.

    My level has dropped to seven, in comparison to my original twenty-two meanwhile most people had their levels reverted back to one.

    It is an special privilege given to us in order to keep the order of the world, otherwise, every royal blood would be killed.

    "Anyways, what's your plans?" Sharica asked.

    "Hmm... We'll probably go to the city" Zia muttered.

    "Which city?" I asked.

    "The City of Friendship, or more exactly the City of Adventurers." Sharica said.

    "How does Friendship and Adventurers relate to each other." I complained.

    "The adventurers on that city are extremely friendly than in any area since strict rules have been implemented there for example any adventurer causing a tiny ruckus will be kicked out together with a suspension of their cards." Zia said.

    "What defines a tiny ruckus?" I asked.

    "For example, trying to take advantage of a defenseless girl." Zia said while recollections of Alice getting hit on by those three criminals appeared.

    "The citizens there are extremely friendly to adventurers to the point that most adventurers consider living there even finding their loved ones there."

    "Also, the main attraction of the city is its large amounts of labyrinths."

    "Labyrinths or dungeons, are places formed by high densities of mana."

    "They contain monsters that respawn every time and drops necessities for example foods and the likes." Sharica explained.

    I noticed something from what she said, monsters drops necessities for people?

    "Speaking of which, what are people who plant vegetables called?" I decided to ask in a roundabout way to confirm.

    "What do you mean plant?" Sharica asked while tilting her head to the side, this confirms my suspicion that this world relies on dungeons for food and the likes.

    "For example, wheat and the likes." I asked once again even though I know the answer already.

    "Huh, oh you mean the Dungeon of Greenery." Sharica said.

    "Where is this Dungeon of Greenery?" I asked.

    "Huh, you don't know where?" Sharica looked at me as if I was weird but answered anyways.

    "The Dungeon of Greenery is located on the southern city, Thina."

    "The monsters that can be found there are those annoyingly small grasshoppers along with worms."

    "This dungeon is well-known for being disgusting while also annoying but still has a large amount of people diving in." Sharica said.

    "How much are their drops worth as of right now?" I asked.

    "Hmm... It should be half of a silver coin every drop, which is quite profitable if you add in the wage their employers add." Sharica answered.

    "Wait, doesn't the employer buy the drops?" I asked.

    "In a sense, they do but the employers or rather clans actually hold onto the drops until a shop buys them at wholesale."

    "These clans pay the adventurers a certain amount for their efforts, for example the largest clan in the kingdom actually pays their employees about half a silver coin to half a gold coin every day depending on their efforts." Sharica explained.

    "How do they acquire profits then?" I asked, confused.

    "Simple, these clans tends to have a contract with multiple buyers at a profitable price, for example a clan can sell 20 kilograms of wheat at the price of 50 gold coins, which at market price is actually 20 gold coins."

    "This is mostly because shops wishes to have a reliable and constant source of supply, which larger clans offer."

    "Well anyway, I have to prepare to move to the next town with you then." Sharica said before standing up.

    "Mhm, thanks... Wait what do you mean prepare?" I asked.

    "Your Highness invited me to join you on your journey and a royal decree at that." Sharica said before leaving the room.

    "..." I stared at Zia with a questioning gaze.

    "Ahh~ the more companions, the better!" She shouted.

    Well, she does have a point but forcing people to join... Ahh nevermind.

    "Anyways, let me explain to you properly how this world works otherwise you would be marked as an idiot here."

    "The world's necessities are acquired through dungeons, for example, your ingredients all drop from dungeons."

    "Almost all monsters are on dungeons with the exceptions of ones that are born from items dropped by people."

    "The items dropped by people on the ground slowly turns into a monster called Returnees, these monsters can be strong depending on their origin's strength."

    "For example, a loaf of bread dropped onto the ground can summon an orange slime which drops another loaf of bread."

    "The quality of the drop is never the same, for example a person with high drop rates can have a better tasting bread."

    "Drop rates used to increase with each level but with the new rework, I don't really know if it is the same."

    "There is a personal limit to a person's drop rate, some are stuck with the lowest drop rate even with the highest level."

    "It depends on your talent from birth, so nothing can be done from that."

    "Adventurers are hired by merchants to acquire stuff from labyrinths."

    "Speaking of which, there are unique labyrinths for example this town is one."

    "Rather than having a distinct mark for example a cave, this labyrinth is rather an open space one." Zia explained.

    "Wait... Then we are inside a labyrinth right now?!" I shouted once again.

    "Exactly, we are inside the Labyrinth of Millie otherwise how else would an outbreak appear." Zia said.

    "What exactly causes an outbreak?" I asked.

    "An outbreak is caused when a labyrinth receives too much reserve mana that it has to release them in the form of monsters."

    "Every outbreak has a leader and sometimes special monsters."

    "For example, this time's outbreak had an Orc King as a leader while a Dragon and a Behemoth as the special monsters which is extremely rare to be exact a one in a billion chance."

    "Well, we'll stop here. It's best you rest, for now, we'll move out to the City of Friendship tomorrow under the premise of escorting me." Zia said before standing up and leaving the room.

    I nodded before looking at the sleeping Elise who surprisingly is now covered by Alinz, my wolf.

    "I totally forgot about you two." I said while caressing Alinz and Rosela, they both shook their heads happily in response.

    "I'll go sleep for now, please look after these two for me." I said before they nodded.

    After receiving their approval, I went back to sleep while thinking of what to do in the future.

This chapter purely is intended to change the whole status thing I originally used on the early chapters, numbers are annoying and needed more precision and calculation and also skills were getting out of hand that I needed a way to organize them which is why this class system is made, in addition, I tried adding more twists I thought of while writing. I honestly don't know if they exist on other novels yet but sure.

    Fun Fact: City of Friendship refers to the city I live here in the Philippines >.<

7