Chapter 18 – Towards the Dungeon!
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        It is now early in the morning after the long and tiring but pleasant night, I opened my eyes only to see an absolute beauty sleeping peacefully on the bed.

    "Good morning." The beauty suddenly woke up and stared at me for a while before smiling and greeting.

    The beauty naturally is my beloved, Alice whom I had married after a long time of being together in the past.

    "Good morning to you too." I replied before kissing her smooth forehead.

    "Ah- It is time for Elise to wake up!" She suddenly said as she tried to stand up only to groan in pain.

    "Are you okay?" I asked as I tried to help her stand up.

    "Mhm, can you help me until the bathroom for now?" She asked while blushing, it is quite embarrassing to be asked as such but I think she really just means until the door.

    "Mhm." I nodded before helping her walk to the bathroom which was already full of water, it seems to be an automatic mechanism of the bathtub which is as expected of another world.

    "Just call me if you need anything." I said before leaving out of the room with a reddened face.

    30 minutes have successfully passed and now I have calmed down a little bit while checking all our equipment for today's dungeon raid.

   The most used items are placed within places that are within hands reach for example our waist belt while the lesser-used ones are placed inside our magic bag.

    As I was thinking of what else to bring suddenly I heard the door of the bathroom opened and saw Alice coming out, I immediately rushed to where she was and tried to support her.

    "Are you fine?" I asked.

    "Mhm, I should be fine, thanks." She replied while showing a bright smile.

    "Are you sure you can come to the dungeon raid today, how about taking a break for now?" I said with an extremely worried face as we sat on the bed.

    "Mhm, don't underestimate me." She replied as she patted my hair.

    "But.." I was about to say something when suddenly our lips touched.

    "I said, don't underestimate me." She declared heavily.

    "Fine, but please watch over yourself!" I surrendered and said.

    "Of course, I will." She said while smiling, her smile always brings happiness to the surrounding.

    "Well then, let's go check out on Elise for now?" She said before standing up.

    "Mhm." I nodded as I held her hands and griping it hardly as if to act as some kind of support.

    We then exited the room while holding hands with the servants looking at us warmly, soon after we arrived at Elise and Kaleen's door and opened it slowly without knocking as to not wake them up if they are still asleep.

    Upon opening the door, our view was greeted by an extremely childish princess-like room with an extremely large bedroom, the room was very organized with her toys on a basket located on top of a table.

    Meanwhile inside the room, Eve was already there sitting as she looked at the two sleeping girls with a warm face.

    Noticing us, she immediately stood up and bowed down to greet us silently.

    "Mhm, how were the two of them last night?" I asked while looking at the two girls who were holding each other's hands while asleep, it's amazing to think how quickly they are progressing despite only meeting a few days.

    "They were doing quite well, sir. If I had to say, they were adapting to the surroundings more quickly than I thought as upon entering the room they had already started playing without reserve." Eve replied as she gazed at the two sleeping girls.

    "Can they change their clothes properly, how about their foods, can they really take a bath properly?" Alice rapidly asked in a quiet voice as to not disturb the two with her face showing plenty of worry as she gripped my hand tightly.

    "Yes ma'am, they are able to do such tasks easily with my slight assistance but judging from their speed of learning, they should be able to master the following tasks quickly." Eve replied to Alice's questions politely.

    "Thank goodness." Alice sighed before walking to the two sleeping girls and caressing their hair softly.

    Suddenly or rather as expected, Elise opened her eyes before blinking them twice as she stared at Alice for a few moments before hugging her.

    "Mama!" Elise shouted happily before Kaleen woke up because of the noise.

    "There, there, are you doing well here?" Alice asked the little one who was hugging her tightly.

    "Mhm, Auntie Eve is very nice, especially her storytelling!" Elise said happily as she tried expressing her words with her actions, it was cute of her as expected of my daughter!

    "Ara, you really like your auntie Eve huh?" Alice said with a bright smile, she really is happier whenever it comes to her daughter.

    "Mhm!" Elise nodded happily.

    "Who do you like more, your mother or auntie Eve?" Alice asked before Elise groaned while looking at the two, wait why are you hesitating?!

    "Mama!" She said after a whole two seconds of hesitation.

    "I won!" Alice said while winking at Eve who giggled from their exchange.

    Everything from there was warm exchanges between the two with Kaleen, me and Eve sitting on a couch looking at them.

    Suddenly, Elise furrowed her brows as she looked at Alice.

    "Mama, something 【 】 you?" Elise was about to ask when suddenly a knock on the door sounded.

    Eve immediately opened the door and saw Zia alongside four ladies that seem to be wearing teacher's outfits.

    "Ara, am I disturbing you?" Zia asked playfully while looking at us.

    "Not at all." I replied.

    "Oh, thank goodness then. Well, I'll get straight to the point, it seems that Elise's tutors have arrived which are the four lovely ladies behind me and they would like to assess Elise's knowledge first." Zia said.

    "Something like a test?" I asked.

    "Mhm, a short quiz followed by a lesson is what is written on the schedule." Zia replied.

    "Okay then, well then Elise, it seems like your teachers have arrived and will start teaching you starting today." I said as I looked at the two who were exchanging warm talks awhile ago.

    "Okay, please take care of me!" Elise who understood got out of the bed and bowed down.

    "Wait, don't bow down!" Zia said as she corrected Elise.

    "Hmm?" Elise meanwhile was tilting her head in confusion.

    "You see, royal people don't necessarily bow down to anyone, at most you do this." One of the ladies started explaining while performing a graceful greeting.

    "Is that so?" Elise tilted her head before the lady nodded and then they started their lesson unknowingly.

    "Well then, for now we will go for our dungeon raid. Please listen well and be obedient to your teachers, you two little cuties!" Zia said as the two of them nodded.

    "Take care!" They said before leaving with their teachers off to somewhere.

    "Have you two prepared everything you need?" Zia looked at us as she asked.

    "Mhm, pretty much everything is here." I replied while showing off my magic bag.

    "Yep, all I pretty much needed was Kana and the convenient life items which are already in the magic bag." Alice said.

    "How about you two?" Zia glanced at the door and asked.

    "Who?" Alice and I asked at the same time.

    "Your detection skill is amazing as always, Zia!" Sharica said as she came out from the door dragging a Kyle full of wry smiles.

    "We have everything we need, your Highness." Kyle replied.

    "Well then, shall we head to the dungeon gate now?" Zia asked as she took out a very clean paper that seemed to look like a scroll.

    "Mhm." All of us nodded before Zia ripped the scroll in two pieces and a bright light covered our view followed by the feeling of floating.

Chapter 19 will be coming out in a few more hours, the surprise I said last chapter is actually there...

2