Chapter 23 – Our Daily Life
53 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    Remember how I said we were walking back to our home, well that kind of went offtrack as Alice suggested that we go for a night date at the marketplace.

    Which leads us to where we are right now, at the nobilities marketplace to be exact which compared to the marketplace at the center of the city, this one just screams luxury with some of the shops even going as far as displaying a full gold dress.

    "Let's go there." Alice said as she dragged me to a clothing store that seems different from the others, this clothing store exterior doesn't fit in with the stores in this area as it's design is extremely minimalistic.

    The entrance was also very simple compared to the luxurious glass doors of the other stores, this one had a wooden door with a glass window instead while also having some kind of bell that rings whenever you open it.

    Immediately after entering, we were greeted by a large area painted with light colors together with simple but also beautiful clothing everywhere.

    "Hello, how may I help you?" A woman asked, looking closely she seemed to be the only employee here.

    "I would like to try out a few outfits, do you mind?" Alice asked before the woman had a complicated expression until she saw the title above me and immediately accepted, is this the benefit of this stupid thing the old man gave me?

    "You may try out as much as you wish, ma'am" The woman said before Alice nodded and checked around the store, after almost an hour of running around the store for clothes.

    She ended up with a black one piece with red stripes along with a frilly white dress that suited her alot along with her white hair.

    Of course, she did not forget to buy Elise a dress which was a blue half sleeve dress, and guess how much everything had cost?

    The grand total price was over 95 gold coins which thankfully I sufficiently have, it may be expensive but seeing Alice's smile is much worth it.

    Soon after her little shopping, we arrive at the center of the city once again but this time we are at the food stall section which were full of lanterns together with plenty of food stalls that were emitting delicious aroma.

    Immediately, my cute wife couldn't handle the aroma roaming around and dragged me to one of the stalls, this stall was selling something similar to a Chinese cuisine called shumai which was a type of dumpling food which is stuffed with either ground pork or shrimp that is extremely delicious.

    We grabbed six each and sat down near some flowers before taking a bite each, immediately the soft and moist skin of the shumai permatated our taste buds before the tender and juicy meat followed afterwards, but that didn't end there.

    Apparently this cuisine can be dipped with soy sauce which immediately brings a flavorful of taste, it felt like blissful heaven even Alice couldn't contain her desire to get more.

    It took her a whole 30 minutes of buying over and over until she was satisfied, soon after we went to the next stall which is selling cuisine that seems to be dango, we immediately bought a few before going back to where we sat.

    "Amazing!!" Alice shouted as she took a bite, I followed afterwards before the sweet taste immediately attacked my mouth along with a springy feel together with the taste of rice-like flavour.

    The stall had also offered a cup of green tea which we took up as well and immediately the nostalgic taste had hit us hard like a rock with Alice bursting in tears.

    The next stall we visited had something similar to yakisoba which is literally grilled noodles, we grabbed one before eating at the same spot for the third time.

    Alice didn't even look at her food before munching on it rapidly, wait are you even allowed to eat it with your current state or so I was to ask but she just smiled at me cutely.

    Soon after, we continued to eat up to our limit before heading back to the mansion side by side or rather not, I am literally piggybacking Alice on my back right now because her stamina went to zero during our little night date.

    Looking back at what happened today, it really makes me smile as this is the first time we actually took a date together alone.

    We arrived at the mansion shortly after in which I placed Alice on the bed and kissing her forehead, it didn't take long before I also fell asleep watching the cutest sleeping face.

    The next morning, I woke up as always greeted by Alice's cute sleeping face which was struck by the light of the sun, I kept staring at her face before her eyes opened and stared at me before smiling brightly.

    "Good morning, my dearest husband." She said while touching my cheeks.

    "Goodmorning as well, my dearest wife." I replied before kissing her smooth forehead as she blushed.

    "Should I call Ema?" I asked before she shook her head slightly.

    "Let's stay like this a little longer." She said before hugging me, she seems to be really happy right now so I followed whatever she said.

    Soon after, we kept talking about our memories back on our previous world before slowly talking about Elise then about the life inside her, of course we had plenty of laughs before Ema arrived ending our short happy talk.

    While they were doing their own stuff, I went ahead and prepared my dungeon exploring tools as today we will be continuing our dungeon raid but without Alice this time.

    Alice agreed to stay behind and watch over Elise until we come back, though she did have a slightly lonely face but she kept her smile during our planning last time.

    Soon after, they came out, I took a shower and discussed today's plans with Alice. Today, it seems like she will be watching over Elise and Kaleen for the whole day while also guiding Fhana over some areas here.

    After having our short talk, we left the room and headed to the dining room which we had a magnificent breakfast as always before separating from there.

    Alice went to Elise's room while I went to the living room along with the others, Alinz and Rosela will be staying at Alice in the guise of guarding her but actually being her playmate.

    "Well then, are you all ready?" Zia asked as all 3 of us nodded before being teleported onto the private room and heading inside the dungeon once again.

    The dungeon stayed the same as always with the first monster encounter being two orcs but they were easily overpowered by me alone after the class advancement.

    What overpowered them was the aura I was emitting along with a combo skills which effectively uses the wind to smoothly and speedily guide me to their backs before creating three waves of slash at three different intervals with three different shapes.

    The monsters next to the two orcs were also easily overpowered by class which exactly lived up to its name, it continued until we reached the 10th floor the same day.

    The end of the 10th floor had a large door with a floating hologram showing a large white skull with a purple glow indicating a boss monster.

    "Goodluck to us then." Zia said before pushing the door open, as we were immediately were greeted by a room made of marble stone with several large pillars supporting the roof as soon as we entered the room.

    We slowly walked around watching each other's back when suddenly a large roar resounded from the center and there came about a large fat orc holding a black katana with an axe hanging on its back.

    Immediately we took no time waiting and attacked first, I casted the combo skill I used awhile ago and arrived at the back of the orc as fast as possible before slashing three times with my dagger as I moved to the front and struck down three more slashes.

    Immediately after the slashes connected, the orc roared loudly before taking out it's axe as it rapidly slashed everything within a radius around it.

    In the nick of time during the rampage, I narrowly avoided most of the slashes with only two strikes actually hitting me on my shoulders before I reached the end of the maximum range of the attack.

    Meanwhile, Zia casted five small beams aiming straight at the heart of the orc, the beams upon firing rushed towards the pointed area indicated by a small pointer similar to a laser and struck it cleanly while not fully penetrating the flesh but that was not a problem as Sharica followed up by destroying the remaining flesh with a compressed fireball which did a perfect job on achieving it.

    With it's internal organs exposed, Kyle went ahead and thrusted with his sword but just as Kyle arrived infront of the orc, the orc suddenly bursted into dark flames dragging Kyle inside it before knocking him back over to the wall.

    "Kyle!!" Sharica shouted as she casted fifteen types of ice magic immediately depleting her mana supply.

    "You idiot!" Zia shouted as she ran together with the orc which was running towards Sharica who was now kneeling.

    The orc upon arriving infront of Sharica immediately slashed horizontally but in the nick of time, Zia managed to parry the slash with her sword in return knocking the two of them back.

    Seeing an opportunity, I swiftly moved behind the orc once again but this time with a full thrust with the dagger, the thrust twisted the around me similiar to a drill before a golden fog materialized the twisted air as it struck straight at the back of the orc towards its heart before penetrating to the ground creating a large hole on the body of the orc.

    It didn't take a few seconds before a large text congratulating us for clearing the tenth floor but I ignored it once again as I ran up to the three of them holding six bottles filled with red liquid and forcefully making all of them drink.

    The red liquid was exactly a healing potion that was worth over 40 gold coins each which is not cheap but it's worth was showing as the their injuries immediately disappear as if it was a dream.

    "That was weirdly harder than I thought." Sharica muttered.

    "That was because you idiot expended all your magic power onto useless spells at one go taking the aggro!" Zia shouted while Kyle who had his chest armor burnt down just apologized which Sharica defend by saying it was unexpected.

    "It seem like the dungeon boss as well have changed." Zia said, it was not really in our consideration that the dungeons would change, we simply assumed that all the dungeon boss had stayed the same.

    "Oh well, how about we check the reward for now?" I said before we all nodded and went to the chest in the center before opening it together.

    What we got was beyond our expectation, as the reward we got were all meat except for me as I got were a bunch of protein food with a letter that says.

    "Good for your wife." It says, well that's a better reward for me compared to last one in the class advancement.

    Soon after, we returned to our mansion using a special portal before being greeted by Alice and the rest.

    We then ate happily for lunch before playing around with Elise and the others after and eating dinner with the rewards we got with Alice specially having the food I got as a reward as it is specially meant for her to eat, she did enjoy it alot though as she ate the whole thing without leaving a single leftover.

    After dinner, Alice and I had short lovey dovey talks along with stories before staring at each other for awhile and laughing the whole night like idiots before actually sleeping.

4