Chapter 5: The Isekai Foundation
216 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So you’re telling me that all of you saw a light before you hit someone?”
“Yeah, all of us truck drivers.”
“Interesting…”

Takeshi opened the lights of his room. It was quite different from Van’s whose room had barely anything on it. The room looked very narrow because the bookshelves that covered every side except the entrance, with the bed in the middle with scattered papers and tissues all over the wooden floor.
“Let me see…”
Takeshi scanned the titles of the books on the right bookshelf, and read all of the titles one by one.
“Found it.”

He invites the pair to sit in his squeaky and strangely wet bed, and then proceeds to tell them about the book that he found.
“This is the guide book for isekai writers, written by The Isekai Foundation. It shows all the various ways on how to construct a world, creating various races and magic systems… and the thing that you are finding for… the rules on how transport a person to that new dimension.”
“Amazing! I thought you were a farce at first. Thank you, Van and his friend.”
“Y-yeah.”

They carefully listen to Takeshi’s words as he reads what is written.
Rule 1: It must be a truck. If it’s not a truck, the author is not a member of the Foundation.
Rule 2: To move to another dimension and you’re a male, you must be hit with a specific truck while wearing a specific attire on a specific location, witnessed by a specific girl or else, you will die. The nearest dimension will be your transport location.
Rule 3: To move to another dimension and you’re a female, you must be hit with a specific truck on a specific location, or else, you will die. The nearest dimension will be your transport location.
Rule 4: If you wish to to return to Earth. a Foundation member on that dimension shall guide you back and your body will be fully restored. The heart is the center of the body's restore point.
Rule End: These rules only apply to Earthlings. Write happily!”

“What the hell?! This doesn’t sound like an author’s guide at all!”

Van’s mind spiraled into the darkest things imaginable. “Is this Isekai Foundation the cause of our suffering? Are isekai light novels just a convenient cover for the rising cases of death by vehicular accidents? Are we… tools for this secret organization?” he thought to himself.

Rori was infuriated and kicked one of the bookshelves, causing various books to fall all over the room. She tried reading one of them and sure enough, she saw how isekai novels usually start. Her voices started to crack as she narrated the beginning of the novels.

NEET saves girl, gets hit by a truck. Salaryman helps old man, gets hit by a van. Teenager trips, gets hit by a truck. Highschooler gets-
Van proceeds to closes the light novel placed on her lap and holds her shoulder as if to say that everything will be okay.
“Rori…”
“That’s everything I know. I used to be a member of The Isekai Foundation for 3 weeks until I found a job as a taxi driver. Then, what are you going to do with that information?”

He heard enough from his cellmates. He saw enough despair from Rori. There was little doubt in his mind that other dimensions exist.
“I’m going to prove that he’s alive… by going to the world he was transported in!”
“You’re delusional. These are obviously written as an inside joke. Van, don’t be stupid!”
“No!!! This is the only chance we can return to our normal life!”
“…do whatever you want. I have nothing to do with this.”
Takeshi pushes them out of his room and slams the door shut.

“I’m sorry for acting like that earlier.”
Rori slaps her face with both of her hands, making Van smile as she reminded her of himself. It seems that the policewoman went back to her usual tough demeanor.
“Okay, so? How exactly do you plan to isekai yourself?”
“I need your help once again. I need you to get me an Amagon Lord Transit cargo van, a dark gray suit, a white shirt, black slacks, and a navy blue striped tie.” This was the attire the man was wearing before.
“Does that mean…”
“Yeah. I’ll kill myself in this world. Can you drive the truck for me?”
“…okay. I’ll trust you, Van.”

That was the first time she called him by his first name. They returned to the riot van, only to see the two guys sleeping already. They weren’t laughing at the sweet scene though… as they kept thinking about what could happen if it is a lie. Van crushes his little doubts with his hope and thinks of the final piece of the puzzle.
“That girl he saved... Damn it! How can we convince her to watch me die?!”
“…I’ll think of something.”

When the men finally returned to their cell using the secret tunnel, everyone was already fast asleep except for Mr. Bus.
“Chosen one! How did it go?!”
“There is a way! You have to trust me, Mr. Bus!”
“I do. You are the chosen one, after all.”
“Trust me not because I’m the chosen one. Trust me because I’m Van.”
_________________________________________________________________

It was already the day before his trial. Everything was back to normal in the cell when Rori came back, looking surprised.
“Rori, what’s wrong.”
“Scum! It seems that someone is visiting you.”

She pulls Van once again and whispers so that they cannot be heard by the camera.
“I don’t know why, but she came! The isekai gods have answered my prayers!”
“She?”

Her azure hair reminded him of the ocean waves beside the landfill he used to live in. Even the aroma she has is like the winds that come from the seas. It was the school girl from the day he killed the salaryman.

“There you are, Mr. Truck Driver!”
“You! Why are you here?! Shouldn’t you be in school?!” He said while thanking the gods she came looking for him in his subconscious.
“I can’t stand it! I can’t go to class thinking I killed someone! And you will be in jail until you die! I can’t stand it!”

She cries in front of everyone in the cell and declares:

“I will help you escape this rotten prison!”

8