Chapter 3 : Insignia of God of Mischief(3)
66 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huge praire.

What he saw saw vast grassland covering as much land as he could see from naked eye. Even Arvan was quite surprised by it. He had never seen such dungeon, even in his previous life he had entered only 21 dungeons. Which in fact was actually great amount, it is recorded there are only 72 dungeons in this whole world.

Yes, whole world. There are 4 continent present on this world.

But he had never seen such dungeon environment before. Although he knew about this dungeon but he never entered because by the time in original timeline they found the entrance, the seventh house had already arrived and launched an attack on them. 

But in this timelime seventh house would never arrive.

He had lot of time- Actually not. Since he had changed the future he knew captain and co would surely affect something out of the box which he must prepare for.

But he didn’t knew what would happen.

The hidden dungeon entrance were a lot easier than front entrance although it can happen reverse in some dungeon which he encountered in his previous life.

Looking at the vast greenery, Arvan was sure from his previous experiences that this was an illusion which he had to break to proceed further.

But where to start he didn’t know.

All he could see were grasses.

No, there has to be some pattern hidden somewhere. 

Arvan regretted why didn’t he completely hear from his old brother about this entrance.

 The old brother which Arvan thought of was a friend of the one who found this hidden entrance who also managed to break through it.

 He was captain ranked member of seventh house.

Since Arvan changed the future, he would not be coming here.

Arvan deeply sighed before engaging all his senses to environment.

The surrounding was completely normal, there were no movement, not even of wind. No matter how much Arvan tried he wasn’t able to get any disturbance or clue from the surrounding. 

This was the first time it ever happened. 

He tried again and again yet the result was same. He moved forward to get better understanding of the region. 

After walking for 10 mins. 

The surrounding was same as if he had never walked forward. 

“This is strange.” 

He knew he had walked up to some distance but still it felt like he had walked none. And the never ending grassland still looked the same from far distance.

Arvan felt he was missing something. 

He felt like the clue was before him but he was unable to sense anything.

…. Unable to sense anything..?

“Right!” Arvan suddenly exclaimed. He had got the answer.

He first tried to sense from the surrounding again.

After some time he tried again, this time his eyes closed. Soon sounds of wind, grass and insects were felt by his ear.

“I was right!”

…..

Sera quickly arrived to where the source of scream was but to her surprise there was no sign of captain. “Wha-“

She became confused and started studying the area Especially on the floor. She found there was no sign of footsteps in the ground. Only signs were of her. She suddenly tensed up and tightened the grip on her dagger.

“Keke… kekeke… kekeke…”

The evil laughter once again rang out.

She quickly spread her Aura to find the culprit. 

“This is not a ghost.”

She was now not sure what to do. If it was a ghost she could have easily death with it. 

“Sera, is that you? Thank God I found you.” Noah’s voice sounded.

Sera hastily withdrew her Aura to hide from Noah. 

Finally Noah’s figure appeared. He looked extremely tired. 

When he closed up to Sera he took a deep breath and said, “Finally I found you.”

Sera who had just recovered from hastily withdrawing her Aura was startled and confused. She asked, “Finally found you? What do you mean?”

This time it was Noah’s turn to look weirdly at Sera.

“Answer me.” Sera said once again.

“You are asking weird question. It was you who disappeared 2 hours ago and now you tell-“

“What two hours? Are you joking with me?! There’s no way that happened. It had only been few minutes yet you say.”

“No I’m completely sure its over two hours since you disappeared.” Noah refuted.

Sera turned silent and thought for a while before replying, “Something strange is going on. Let’s stick together to avoid and further mishaps.”

There was no reply.

When she looked at Noah something strange had surrounded him. Noah’s eyes turned pure black before he cracked an evil smile. He opened his mouth, “Kekeke.. kekeke…”

Foul smell invaded Sera’s nostril and she coughed, “Y-You!! Who are you?”

The moment she those words left her mouth, Noah pounced over taking her by throat.

“Aghhh..Aghh….cough!.. cough!”

Sera tried to remove the strongest arms of Noah. But it was of no use.

Feeling her life in danger she quickly used her bloodline but there was no response from her body. She was running out of time.

She glared at Noah while trying all means to remove his hands. Failure from exercising her bloodline had landed deep blow on her.

She was just a fine line away from truly dying. 

No I can’t die! I can’t die!!

“Sera!!!”

A loud shout broke her entanglement.

She saw Noah unlike from before the normal one.

“Remove your hands!” He shouted.

Then Sera discovered she was strangling herself. She quickly tried to remove her hand but she wasn’t able to do. Noah with a snap beat away her hand and quickly left space for her to breath.

“What were you doing by strangling yourself?” Noah reprimanded.

“I.. cough..! Cough!.”

“Don’t speak! Just lay down and breath deeply.”

“Y-Yes.. cough!”

Even though Noah had saved her she still wasn’t sure to trust him. She wasn’t sure if her was really Noah. The earlier experience had truly traumatised her. 

What sort of sorcery was that which managed to breach the defenses of her bloodlines. 

She was too scared to know. 

“Wha-What happened.?” She asked weakly.

Noah was at loss what to say. When he arrived earlier Sera was already strangling herself to death, it was quick of him to have saved her life.

He said truthfully while not fully being aware of situation.

“When I arrived earlier, I saw you strangling yourself so I quickly jumped to save you.”

That’s when Sera asked a question which felt strange to Noah.

“How much time had passed since we left from Joseph.”

“About two minute.”

Sera fell silent. 

She didn’t know what had happened to her earlier. She shivered from remembering that ghastly face of Noah.

After a while when she gained enough breath Noah suggested, “We should go back. This place is strange and dangerous.”

Sera nodded at his words.

She didn’t had the luxury to find captain whom from her certain corner of mind had already presumed dead.

No can survive that kind of thing.

“Let’s go.”

Noah helped Sera to get up.

After patting her clothes both of them left to the way where he came from.

Suddenly Noah paused.

“What happened?”

Sera asked.

“I think I dropped my ring while running towards you. You keep going it will only take a few moment to get it back.

“Ok.” Sera said she didn’t wanted to stay in this place any longer. She slowly walked forward.

Behind her Noah looked at a certain direction before cracking a smile then ran towards Sera. He magically formed a ring.

The direction where he looked at was not far away, towards the thick bushes. From certain angle a thing glimmered. Upon close look, behind the bushes laid a body of a man. He had a ring on his forefinger.

“Finally found it!” Arvan said as he looked in front.

There was nothing before him.

5