Chapter 1: The unusual guest
498 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man entered a bar. A pair of white feathery wings folded on his back indicated that he belonged to one of the most powerful species that was created even before the creation of Earth.

 

“Well, how can I help you, mister... angel?” said the bartender who would normally hide the two horns on his forehead from the public. The bartender was tall and muscular, with blazing red eyes that could easily instill fear or seduce anyone looking at them the way he wanted. A classic demon, smiled wryly while his eyes carefully scanned the angel from head to toe. 

 

“You look terrible, did something bad happen on the other side of The Wall?” said the bartender demon as he noticed something about the angel that didn’t feel right. At the same time, a man with wolf ears stood up, picked up his table then moved it away to keep a distance from the angel.

 

“You reeks of death!” he grunted.

 

The angel was not in good shape. His face was drenched in blood and sweat, black mud and ashes from outside the city all over his torn hooded cloak. Blood aside, it was known as a fact that there’s no way an angel could sweat a single drop, even if they were in an unbearable amount of pain. However, this angel was not only sweating, but trembling as well, and there was also this disgusting smell coming from every part of his body. It was foul, it was pungent and it had this kind of disgusting sweetly stench on top of it that would make even the devil herself want to vomit if she stood close enough. 

 

It was like rotten corpses. Hell, worse than rotten corpses.

 

And thus, because of his unusual appearance and smell, all eyes in the bar had been all over the angel the very moment he walked into the room. The angel knew, but ignored that and continued his business.

 

“I’m fine,” said the angel with an emotionless tone “I just need some vampire venom. Then I will leave.”

 

Hearing that, a few pale but beautiful young men and women put down their jugs of red liquid and stood up. They glared at the angel with bloodshot eyes, their fangs sharp and pointed. 

 

“Wait!” The demon raised his hand, signalling the vampires to stand back. “Vampire venom you say? Now I wonder. For medicinal purposes? Or… something else?”

 

The demon smirked at the end of that sentence.

 

“I need it to save my partner. She will die without vampire venom,” the angel answered.

 

“Hmmm... you need vampire venom to save your friend?”

 

“Yes.”

 

The demon then stood closer to the angel and looked at him more careful. He noticed something else, something about this angel's identity.

 

"Wait a minute..."

 

BAM!

 

“Don’t you fucking dare lie to me!” the demon slammed his table, nearly broke it as he shouted angrily and pointed his finger at the angel. “Do you think I’m a fool? Helsing! Oh no no no my featherly friend. We all know what vampire venom is for. You angels can heal quite a bit can't you? There’s no reason for you to have it. So, tell me the truth! Angel! Or I swear to Lucifer I will fucking burn you to crips just like I did to those goddamn reapers outside the Great Wall of Signis!”

 

“I am. I’m telling you the truth,” the angel still answered calmly despite having a demon who was twice his size and every soul at the bar grunting and glaring at him with killing intentions. “Please, I need…”

 

“Fuck off!” The demon clenched his fist and his eyes started to glow red. But then, for some reason, he lowered his tone and tried to calm his anger down. “Just go away. I don’t want to hurt our alliance,” he said.

 

“Fuck the Alliance! Fuck that piece of...”

 

BAM!

 

A random vampire just shouted something but the demon punched him into unconsciousness just before he could finish the sentence.

 

“I can’t.” The angel said. “Please, just a vial.”

 

‘This bastard…” 

 

The man with wolf ears, the one who moved his table to stay away from the angel, growled and stood up. The giant body of his was really intimidating. Then, the man shouted to the bartender demon like he was giving him some kind or order. 

 

“Dragen, what are you doing? Enough talking, let’s just tear this guy apart!”

 

And just right after that, a group of over ten wolf ears people also stood up and walked towards the angel. There were sounds of bones cracking, then the very next moment, all pretty wolf ears people now became terrifying beasts with fur, claws, fangs and heads of angry wolves.

 

The vampires also acted their part.

 

“Oh, angel blood, too bad it’s toxic to us, but it smells soooo good...” said an amazingly attractive vampire woman, licking her lips.

 

“Yes, my lady! Screw the laws! This psycho basically just walked into our home asking for death so let’s just give it to him!” A vampire man standing behind the women also shouted.

   

And just like that, all creatures of the night had now either turned into their true form or had their weapons ready. Violence could break out any moment.

 

“You don’t want to do this,"  the angel didn’t seem to flinch. He instead gave everyone else a warning. "I don’t want to hurt you.”

 

But it was over fifty versus one, so the odds were not in the angel’s favor. And thus...

 

“Hell yeah I am!” A vampire lost his patience and charged!

 

The angel spread his wings.

 

Right at that moment, Dragen saw something hidden beneath the angel’s cloak.

 

“What? Elwin no!” 

 

The bartender demon Dragen tried to stop Elwin from attacking, but it was too late.

 

Everything was over before they knew it.

15