Ch6
319 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ Sure  I don’t mind.”

Opening the map once outside Asher makes his way toward the field to the east.  He spots movement by one of the trees on the river bend using detect he’s able to make out the shape of 20  rabbits playing in the river. 

Creeping closer to them threw the shadows of the trees he sent Yuki to get a visual “ can you separate them for me Yuki?” nodding his head Yuki sends out a water ball. The rabbits scatter.   Yuki focuses his attention on the rabbit closes to Asher corralling it closer to him.  

Asher swipes at the rabbit using the bone knife only to miss thanks to the rabbit using the side of the tree to cross overhead.  Flying overhead Yuki cut it off before it could get too far. Taking the distraction Yuki presented Asher took a swipe at the rabbit dropping its health to a third and drawing its attention to himself. Cornered the rabbit tries to head but Asher. 

  narrowly dodging Asher slips. Yuki fires of a water ball and grazes the rabbit, dropping its health completely. ‘ maybe Yuki could one hit them?’ “ Yuki see if you can’t take one of the others?” nodding Yuki takes off after one of the rabbits that’s watching from the side of the river.  

Once Yuki gets in attack range one of the rabbits tries to headbutt him only to fall short. the others scatter seeing them split Asher tracks one to a nearby bush, sneaking up to the bush Asher snatches the rabbit by the scruff and quickly slits the rabbit’s throat.  

Turning back to Yuki he catches sight of him killing what appears to be the fourth rabbit. Seeing that tiki has it handled he begins to collect the bodies. "We need one more rabbit Yuki" receiving a nod Asher watches as Yuki pelts a rabbit with two water balls decimating its health. 'Well that's something' 

"Good job Yuki, here's your reward. Let's get back." Handing Yuki a fourth of a sugar cookie Asher made his way back to the bakery " here you go" handing over the rabbits to Tim. 

Quest complete

Quest  reward: 400 Exp, and 50 Copper  +25GP with Mike

+

[Level up!]

 

Only to be dragged into the kitchen.

"If you don't mind could you help me with making the stew?" 

Quest activated: A hand in the Kitchen

Objective: help the baker make rabbit stew and strawberry cake 

Reward???

Would you like to accept this quest?

Yes / No

"Sure what do you want me to do?"

"Can you chop up the vegetables and add them to the pot I’m  going to dress these rabbits." "Okay" with a skill born from practice Asher quickly skins and chops the vegetables before adding them to the pot "you’re pretty good at that."

 "Thank you I've had a lot of practice. Is there anything else I can help you with." "Since you're done with that, how about you help Maple make the cake" "Alright." Making his way to Maple by the mixer he reaches out to steady her hand "do you want me to prep the ingredients for you?"

 "Please" " what all do you still need to add?" " I need half the strawberries diced and four eggs.  making his way back to the cutting board he then dices what she needs, puts them in a bowl and hands it over to her then cracks four eggs into a bowl then adds that to the mixer. 

"Alright, now we make the toppings. I'll prep the strawberries you make the icing." "How exactly do I do that?" "Put one cup powder sugar, one-fourth cup soft butter, a fourth cup milk, and a teaspoon of vanilla in the bowl and mix it until it's a creamy consistency."

 Following her instructions once he places the bowl in the fridge and checks the cake batter.  Just to see Maple placing the batter in a cake pan. Watching her place the cake in the oven. He watches her close the door and set the timer for 45 minutes of in-game time giving him just enough time to get the frosting and a knife. 

 Splitting the cake he places a generous layer of frosting on the bottom half and places a layer of strawberries before adding the second half of the cake and covering it with a smooth layer of frosting and adding the rest of the strawberries as the final touch.

“ Well, that’s the cake finished, thank you for your help.” “Not a problem” “ all that’s left is the stew”  Maple makes her way to check the pot. “ looks like dad went ahead and added the rabbit” seeing that there's nothing for him to do Asher makes his way to the baker “ we've finished the cake is there anything else I can help you with?” 

“Nope that takes care of the cooking all that’s left is waiting on the stew”

Quest complete

Quest  reward: 1700 Exp, and 30 Copper 

Basic Recipes:  rabbit Stew and Strawberry Cake. +25Gp Mike +15GP Maple

Making his way to the front he spots Tim messing with a vase. “ Tim do you want some help?” ” If you don't mind” 

Quest activated: Abit of decoration 

Objective: help set the table (last link of chain quest)

Reward:???+30 Tommy +25 Mike +15Maple

“ not at all” “ I’m trying to decorate the table but I can't reach” “ah okay so do you want the flowers by where the candles are?” “ yes please but I gotta figure out how to arrange them.” “I can arrange them do you have the napkins?” “ yes there right there,” Tim says pointing to navy cloth napkins piled on the table. " we have to hurry moms coming in 30 minutes"

 "Okay leave it to me" putting the white flowers on the sides of the blue flowers Asher then placed them in the vase before placing it in the center of the table. Folding the navy into triangles he places them in front of each set place at the table. 

Skill Acquired: presentation a skill that increases the chance of making high-grade items.  [level 1 rank 0] 

"that looks so nice. Thank you for your help could you help bring out the food. Would you like to stay for dinner?" The baker says finally making his way out of the kitchen. " Sure.  I'd love to" making his way into the kitchen Asher helps Maple bring out the cake just in time. 

placing the cake on the table Asher helps The baker's wife into a seat. 

The party went on for a couple of hours before everyone decided to leave Asher was helping clean when Maple Called him over to where she was sitting with her mother.

"My husband told me how much you helped today. I’d like to thank you." The older woman says with a warm smile.  “ Mari’s right, you've been a lot of help.” says Mike .” as a thank you. I’ve prepared something for you,” Mari says, reaching into the basket she brought with her. Pulling out a blue package. “ thank you”   taking the package Asher begins making his way out of the bakery. ‘ I should see about foraging a bit before going to the general store.’

Chain Quest complete

Quest  reward: 6000 Exp, and 5gold 200Copper Mari’s gift  +30Gp Tommy +25Gp Mike +15Gp Maple +50Gp Mari

Skill Acquired: level 1 Blend a skill that helps a player cook [level 1 rank 0]

[Level up!]

Heading to the river Asher spots movement in the nearby field. ‘ I wonder what that is?’

8