Ch 9.
237 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Checking the time Asher saw that it was almost 2 am and the sun would be rising soon. In Elements of Lunarya night only lasts for five hours, starting at 10 pm and ending at 2 am. The creators designed it this way because of the bonuses, besides double experience and coins monsters also drop bonus items. If the creators had left night time longer, individuals who fight during the night would control the game’s economy. 

Asher decides to take a short break  opening the package that Mari gave him 

You have received: Fruit Salad and Apple Juice recipes 

You have received: mothers care bento 

You have received: 3 packets of seeds

Opening his inventory, Asher equips the small dagger  

Small Dagger

[Base Stats]

Damage: 15-20 Injury Rate: 0%-1%

Critical:5% Stun Rate: 1%

Durability: 10/10 NPC Value: 5 Copper

Other Information: A Small Dagger. It does Minimal physical damage.

Then he equips his skill points and checks his and Yuki’s stats.

Name Yuki 

Level: 3 

Race Pixie

Affinity: Water level 4

Skill: Water ball

Skill: Water needle 

GP level 2 with master 120/200

Name: Starbud 

Level:9

Title: Non-Available

HP: 110/110 

MP: 80/80 EXP: 33,020/33,480

Stamina: 30/60 Stat points:45

SRT:5(+7)

Int: 5(+7)

AGI:4(+7)

DEF: 3(+8)

VIT: 2(+8)

LUC: 1(+8)

 

 

Coins: 5 Gold 3 Silver  772 Copper 

 

Asher began the trek to a bridge on the edge of the forest.  Weaving his way threw bushes he makes it to the bridge only to see that the NPC  that’s supposed to be there is nowhere in sight. Turning back he makes his way to the town hall. Making his way inside He asks Lilliana upon spotting her “ Do you know where I can find the fisherman that was on the bridge south of town yesterday?” 

“ No actually but Leno might he talked to David yesterday.” “Okay, do you know where I can Find Leno?” “ he should be here soon.” nodding Asher looks takes a seat in front of the window. Opening a web browser he begins to try and find out what time the fisherman is usually on the bridge in Onryx. Only to find that he usually only leaves it at night so he should have been there by now. 

Hearing the door open Asher looks up in time to see Leno enter.  “Ah, Starbud is there something I can help you with.” He says when he sees Asher. “ I was wondering if you knew where I could find David?”  asks Asher “ yes, actually when I talked to him yesterday he told me he didn’t think he’d be fishing today so he should be at home or the bakery,” Leno explains

“Oh okay do you know where he lives?”  “ He’s house is the last one before the town entrance on the southside” Leno explains while looking through papers“ okay thank you have a good day,” says Asher on his way out the door. 

Making his way to the house Leno told him about  Asher catches sight of someone standing in the window. Before he can knock the door opens “is there something I can help you with Starbub?” Asks Mari upon seeing him ”I heard this is where David the fisher lives I wanted to ask him about fishing” answers  Asher `` my father is sick.” Mari says leading him into the house. “ I’m not that sick” calls a nasally sounding voice as Mari leads Asher to the kitchen. Drooped over the table is old dwarf “sure you not.” says Mari shakes her head at Asher when he goes to speak. “ dad this is Asher he has something he wants to ask you” she explains after gaining his attention. “ what can I for you”  David whizzes 

“ I was wondering if you could teach me about fishing but I can come back when you feel better,” Asher says, watching their reactions. “ No I can teach you now“  huffs David trying to lift himself from his chair. “Oh no you don’t, “ Mari says gently pushing David back down. 

“ Sorry, Starbud but he can’t today,” she says, opening the inventory of the house. “Oh no” she frowns at the screen “ when’d you last restock?” she asks David “I don’t remember why?”  he huffs at her. “ Is something wrong?” asks Asher as Mari paces around the kitchen.” Yes we’re out of the ingredients I need for his stew” says Mari pulling at her sleeves “ would you like me to get them?” asks Asher “ would you?” she asks, turning to Asher.  

 

Chain Quest Acquired: A Fisherman’s Meal

Help Mari collect the ingredients for trout stew

Reward ??? 10GW with Mari and David

Would you like to accept this quest?

Yes | No 

“ Sure I’d be happy to,” says Asher watching her fidget. “There’s just one thing I need to know what exactly do you need me to get?” he asks  “We need three Trout, Two onions, and two potatoes.” 

 “How will I get the fish?”  “here you can use this fishing rod. come I show you where dad usually fish’s,” she says leading him to the bridge. “ leave it to me,” Asher says shifting toward the bridge.’ its a good thing this was covered on the forums.’ Asher thinks Casting his line five minutes later he feels a slight tug on the rod. reeling in the line he finds.

Fish Type: Shrimp

Shrugging he recasts the line. After another twenty minutes, he reels in two more shrimp. ‘If this wasn’t such a useful skill to have I’d abandon this quest’  he thinks glaring at his fifth shrimp before recasting. Placing the shrimp in his storage he spots the bag of sugar cookies. ‘ Did I not give yuki the last of that?’ He thinks noticing one of the cookies is smaller than the others.“ Here Yuki the rest of your cookie” passing over a piece he feels a slight shake from the fishing rod. Turning he quickly began reeling in the line. 

Fish type: Trout a common freshwater fish.

‘I actually caught one,’ he thinks while recasting after fifteen-minute Asher begins to shift side to side. ‘I wonder If I’d have more luck over by that tree’ he thinks glancing at the shade on the far side of the bridge. Climbing to his feet Asher notices the bobber sick slightly. Reeling in the line he is greeted by 

Item Type: Wooden Arrow a beginner arrow 

‘Wha? Yea no time for a break’ staring at  item Asher quickly placed it in his inventory before heading for the end of the bridge 

Making his way toward a Large Rock sitting by the river bend he notices an odd grouping of leaves. Moving closer to see them better 

Plant Type: potato   a starchy tuber root vegetable

Picking 20 potatoes ‘okay so that’s the potatoes maybe I should forage a bit. Maybe I’ll find the onions’  he thinks as he moves farther into the forest Moving into a field he spots a patch of flowers moving closer to inspect them.

Plant Type: Sweet potato the flower of a sweet potato plant.

Moving toward the flowers. Collecting a few sweet potatoes he begins to earnestly search for onions. Moving looking threw the fields he spots odd grouping of longer grass spread threw out the field inspecting them closer he finds.

Plant Type: Wild onions grow from white bulbs they spread by forming bulblets on their bulbs or by seed they consist of flat and non-hollow 

Moving quickly to the patch begins to pull all the bulbs in the patch.

Plant Type: Wild Garlic grows from white bulbs they spread by forming bulblets on their bulbs or by seed. They consist of round, hollow leaves

‘Okay, that is definitely not what I need oh well’  he thinks with a shrug. Picking the last of the onions, Asher moves to the riverside. Sitting on the edge of the river he casts the line. ‘I wonder if this is normal’ he thinks watching Yuki turn doughnuts through the tree branches. 

Splash!

 Glancing up Asher sees the bobber sway wildly. standing quickly he begins to reel in the line. ‘Maybe it’s another trout’ he thinks pulling it in.

Item Type: Message in a bottle 

“Eh how?”  Staring at the small bottle in wonder Asher quickly places it in his storage.

Shrugging Asher recasts.

While waiting he looks at the sweet potatoes he found earlier in his storage. As time passes he begins picking off the leaves. Like this he falls into a pattern set the fishing rod, clean forage, check the rod,  reel in the catch.  

 In the span of two hours, he catches the last two trout he needs and three more Messages in bottles. ‘Well that’s the last one ‘ he begins making his way back to David’s house. Finding Mari waiting for him on the porch 

 

Skill Acquired:  Fishing Basics a skill that raises the player catch rate.[Level 1 Rank 0] [ 60/100]

 “ Your back did you get the trout?” she says upon spotting him.“yes, I did take a while though,” he says, passing her the fish.

“Thank you”

Quest Complete 

Reward: Beginners Fishing rod,1020EXP, 330 copper +147 GWP with Mari +47 David

“ if your not busy do you think you can help me make dads stew? 

Quest Acquired 

Reward:????

Would you like to accept this quest?

Yes | No

“Sure what do You want me to do?”

“If you wouldn’t mind prepping the vegetables while I clean these?”

“ Alright, “ He says making his way inside. “ oh your back what are you doing in here?” “ Maru asked me to help prep the vegetables for the stew” “I see well the pot is on the stove and the cutting board is over there, ” David wheezes pointing at the shelf.

 “ Okay are you feeling better?” Asks Asher as he skins and chops the vegetables while placing them into the pot.  “ a little but Mari still won’t let me move much” David grouched “ I noticed you sound better at least.” Asher says making his way too the porch. 

Asher watches as Mari. Smacks the head of the fish. Before splitting it down the middle and scoping out its inside. Before cutting off its scales." I'm done with the vegetables is there anything else I can help with." Asks Asher before when she looks up from cutting the fish. "Sure would you mind cleaning the last one?" " not at all"  sitting beside her. He does his best to mimic what he saw her do 

 

Skill Acquired: Basic Knife Control a skill that allows a player to prepare ingredients with a knife for cooking one of the eight kinds of knife skills...[Level 1 Rank 0] [ 20/100]

 

 

" Have you ever done this before Asher?" " No, but I watched you do the last one." " I see well your good at it," Mari says taking the fish filets inside.   Following her in Asher sees her taste test the food. " Asher come try this I think its missing something" She calls. Making his way over to her he tries a spoonful.

 

Skill acquired Tasting a skill that allows the player to check the flavor of cooking...[Level 1 Rank 0] 

 

 

" it tastes fishy. Is it supposed to taste like this?" " No hmm... You wouldn't happen to have garlic somewhere dad" Mari says turning to David " I don't think so" he huffs at her " um if you need garlic I have some. you can have a bit if you want" says Asher 

"  please" says Mari. Pulling a clove from his inventory, Asher passes it to Mari. "Thank you, Asher." Says Mari placing half the clove in the pot. 

Quest complete

Reward: 400EXP 100 copper Trout Stew Recipe,50GP with David 

 

 

 

8