Ch26
136 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So what have you been up to since I saw you last?” Asher asks, stirring the pot. “ Not much I got my class and have been helping my sister with her guild.” Gavynne shrugs. “ Have you done any quests?” “Nope, she had me grinding for drops.”
“ Wait are you part of her guild? Does she know where you are?” “No, and yes she knows where I am no I’m not part of her guild” he explains as Asher’s quirks a brow. Shrugging Asher turns to his pot and begins pulling it off the stove. Placing it on the table he begins ladling the jam into an empty bottle. ‘This’d be easier with a jar’ taking his old dagger he pries the stove stand from around the fire pit dropping it onto a stone at the edge.
‘Alright, just one more hour ‘ thinks Asher Checking the time.
Picking up the bottle he slips it into his inventory. “Yuki would you mind giving me a bit of water?” he asks pointing into the copper pot and the fire pit. Nodding Yuki sprays the pot with a torrent of water and douses the flame ember. Cleaning the pot and ladle Asher slips them into his inventory as the sun begins to rise.
Taking the flame amber from the pit he places it back in its bag. ‘Alright that's everything' Opening his map he taps the small magnifying glass in the upper corner and brings up a search bar typing in “Butchers ” he watches as the map pings a location ‘huh that’s not too far from here’ shrugging he closes his map and heads to the edge of town.
“ So do you know where we’re going?” “ yes, it’s marked on the map” shrugging Gavynne trails after Asher. Weaving threw the crowded street they come upon a small brick building with a ham shaped sign by the door
“Rey’s Butchers you slay it we fillet it” reads Gavynne frowning. Walking into the shop they're greeted by a large diagram of a Roeven hang on the wall by the counter with a small register. "Welcome to Rey's butcher's I'm Rey." "I'd like to have two roeven done."
"Alright what kinda meat can I get for ya?" Rey says motioning to the menus by the register. "I'd like to have them fully processed with both jerky and sausages made." Do you want wall mounts or just the hide horns and scales?" "No thank you on the wall mounts" "alright that'll be twenty-six silver." 'yesh that's expensive ' "is there a chance I can get a discount?"
"Well... If you collect the wood for curing jerky and sausages I'll cut the price by half. You'll need to bring me this bag full of wood chunks." Rey says as he passes Asher a small bag. "I had this made to hold 64 pounds of wood" "is there a type of wood you want?" "No as long it's not rotten it doesn't matter."Nodding Asher places the bag in his inventory.
"You wouldn't happen to know where Herbs and Mist is located?" He asks Rey as he heads for the door "Herbs and Mist?... Oh, the apothecary you should be able to find it just south of town it's got a path leading to it." Nodding at him Asher and Gavynne head into the bustling streets of Sunmist.
Winding threw the crowd they cross over the edge of town. Looking around Asher finds and begins walking along a cleared dirt path toward a larger wooden building.' so this is it hmm...’ Passing a sign Asher makes his way to the door of the building.
creak
"Welcome to Herbs and Mist I'm Leirah how can I help you, oh it’s you did you find everything?" she asks watching as Asher and Gavynne walks in. “Yes here you go, “ he says passing her the bag. “ Wow, there so many Mist tokens" Gavynne gasps in awe staring at the shelf above the counter drawing Asher’s attention.
Quest Complete
Reward 100 Exp 24 Gp 200 C
“By the way why where you in the forest for?” She asks while placing the ingredients on a few low shelves.“ I was getting ingredients for a recipe” ”oh what recipe?” “ Venison and Raspberry sauce.” \
”Do you have more tokens?” asks Gavynne turning to Leirah “odd I order that same dish from the amused narcissus for lunch every day where did you get the recipe? Yes, I have a few just a second.” She says as she makes her way to the back room.
"I actually got the recipe from Brian he wants me to make it and in exchange, he might teach me how to poison cook" explains Asher "oh you’re going to be handling poison soon?" "If he decides to teach me otherwise I might need to learn from someone else." "Well take this recipe then if he decides not to then come by alright I'll see if our teacher would mind taking on a student."
Item acquired: potion recipe Pale Mist a pole potion used to treat poisoning
Taking the paper he slips it into his journal."Eh, you've got a proper potions journal?" she asks spotting it "Yes I was given it when I learned potion-making" he shrugs. "Are you not interested in potion-making?"
"No I actually originally planned to become a pharmacist but I don't know who to ask about it." "Well, my teacher will probably teach you he's been looking for someone to pass on his Medical cuisine recipes to." "Alright well if you'll put in a good word with him maybe he'll teach me?"
"Sure I will but you should have letters from your original teachers" "is that what they’re for? I have three one from Orion at onryx and two from Mike and Mari." He says looking threw his inventory 'huh from Leon to town hall what?'
"Did Brian not ask for them?" She asks with a frown. Shaking his head Asher watches as her head pops out of the back room. "That's good in your case if he sees Mike’s names in those letters he definitely won't teach you." She says carrying a small package into the room.
"Alright, little one here is my selection Mist tokens," she says laying a small buddle of wooden dolls out on the counter for Gavynne. "Mist tokens?” “yea they're pretty useful my sister’s guild has ten they use during emergencies, ” says Gavynne while looking threw them.
“Alright, little one did you want to buy one?” Leirah asks when Gavynne picks up a red token shaped like a bird. “ Yes, I’d like this red mist one please,” he says handing it to her. Seeing that Gavynne has Leirah distracted Asher opens a window and tries to find information about mist tokens on the forums.
"Mist tokens are dolls made from whittling that have been infused with mist potion of any type. A mist token radiates an aura that has a similar effect of the potion used when making it. I see so why us a potion then" he mutters while bitterly looking threw the post.
"Tokens last 100 uses and are half as strong as their potions. If you want to know more you should check out the library in town." Leirah tells him upon hearing him. Nodding Asher heads to the door as Gavynne puts away the token.
Making their way into the forest weaving threw the trees. they begin picking up fallen branches and placing them into the bag. Filling the bag they begin making their way back to Rey’s just as the sun fell behind the clock tower to the wast. “ Welcome back did you get the wood?” nodding Asher pass Rey the bag for inspection.
“ These are not wood chunks,” Rey says passing the bag back to Asher. “ Okay is there a way to make them into wood chunks?” “Well, you could take them to the lumber yard to the west,” he says shrugging.

Announcement
Sorry, but the next few chapters might be late (I'm waiting to get them back from beta )
5