Ch 28
136 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, do you think you'd be able to make mist dolls now that you've learned to carve?" Asks, Gavynne as they head out into streets "maybe I'd probably need to check how they're infused why?" Asher says in response. 

Weaving threw people loitering in front of the blacksmiths and they turn onto the path leading to the camping area.  Rounding a tree they are greeted with players staggering from they’re tents. “Looks like we’ll need to find somewhere else” mutters Gavynne turning to Asher. 

“yea looks like it ... why don’t we go over by the apothecary?”  says Asher walking back up the path. “Eh is there a campsite over there?” “ No but we’ve got a camping set plus I need to see if her teacher has come by” “we do” “yea come on.”

Motioning him over Asher strides along the path until they come across the path they took to the apothecary.  Walking along the path they hear bird calls in the distance. Finding themselves in front of the apothecary they make they’re way inside.  

"Hey welcome back are you finished with Brian?" She inquiries from the counter "no not yet I was wondering if your teachers been by yet?" "Nope, he's becoming by later tho so finish with Brian soon." 

"Alright, I know this is an odd question but do you maybe sale carry out containers?" " I have a few from when my teacher tried to teach me to make medical cuisine why?" " Brian has me making these dishes but didn't give me anything to carry them in." 

"I see well I have a few one sec," she says walking to the back room. Waiting at the counter Asher and Gavynne are assaulted by the sound of jars clinking that resonates from the door. "Alright I’ve got twenty boxes will that work?" "Yes, that’s more than what we need actually how much do you want for them?" 

"I'll give them to you in exchange for two plates" "Alright I'll bring you them once I'm done cooking since well be just a bit away." "By the way starbud where are we setting up camp?" 

"Are you not camping at the nearby camping area?" "No it's full so Starbub wanted to camp in the nearby forest." "I see hmm there's a field to the north that might work it's only a few minutes walk from here." 

"Alright, thanks for the recommendation." Says Asher while checking his map. "Are you planning to rent a kitchen so you can cook the dishes today?"  "Nope I'm cooking it at our camp" explains Asher while pushing the door open.

“Well, when your done cooking come back by” “sure maybe I’ll get them done by tea time and we can have tea,” says Asher, heading through the door. “do you want to just go to the field she talked about?” he asks turning to Gavynne as they step between the trees left of the entrance.  

 Striding into the trees they begin weaving threw branches. Making they're way to a field Asher begins looking for a good place along the tree line to set up camp. ” Starbub, I hear water nearby why don’t we go there?” “Alright lead the way then”  he waves Gavynne on.Nodding he passes through a patch of wildflowers while crossing the field and move to the west of the clearing. Sticking close to Gavynne Asher ducks a few low hanging branches.  

Weaving threw the trees they make it onto a small stone trail heading further west.following the path for a few minutes they come upon a small pond. Walking along its edge they find an area with fewer trees and begin setting up camp. 

“Here setup the tent and I get everything else set,” says Asher handing Gavynne the bag holding the camp set. watching him take the bag Asher pulls out the table and his mini stove. Taking a few stones he makes a three-stones high ring and places the flame amber in it before filling it with a few fallen branches into it.

Taking, his mini stove it settles it atop the small fire pit and brings out the copper pan. Sitting the pan on the table he pulls out his cutting board, the onions, and potatoes. Placing the ingredients on the cutting board he begins dicing them. |

 After cutting them up expertly he takes a handful and places it into the pot and retrieves the bag of roeven pulling out two stakes he adds them into the pot “Yuki will you give me a little water” flying over Yuki fires a water ball into the pot. Placing the lid on the pot he opens the oven compartment on the mini stove and slides the pot into it. Closing the oven he goes to check on Gavynne only to find him struggling with the tent.

 

Walking, over to Gavynne, Asher takes the rods from him and sits them in a square before layering the cloth over it. “Alright, so all you needed to do was press on this “ he explains pressing down on a small button at the edge of the cloth. Triggering the tents' auto assemble function “ if it wasn’t deluxe we’d need to assemble it but lucky I bought this version”  

“Oh, so there are different types of camp sets?” “ Yeah, I was lucky and happened across this one at the market in Klix right before  coming here.” He explains pulling the pot from inside the oven. Placing, the pot on the table he takes the containers from his inventory and begins filling two of them.

Pulling the bottle holding the raspberry jam he begins pouring across the roeven stake.

Item Acquired venison with raspberry sauce

Picking up the plate he squints at it in an effort to make out its quality. Pulling out the recipe he checks it to make sure he made the right dish ‘it says venison with raspberry sauce but is it actually made right... why can’t I see it's quality?’ 

“Gavynne would you mind taking this to Leirah to see if I made this right” “sure I’ll do it but you’ll have to give me something to eat in exchange” “okay... oh i have this for you, I meant to give it to you a while ago, “ he says passing Gavynne one of the containers and the last cinnamon roll. “Thanks alright, I’ll be right back” snatching the cinnamon roll he races off. 

Shaking his Asher pulls out a fork and tries a small piece ‘hmm tastes alright by is the texture supposed to be this dull... let's try searing them first this time’ he thinks pulling out two more stakes. Placing them into the pot he sits it on the eye of the stove.

Ring ring 

  Opening his social tab he’s greeted by a call from Gavynne. Tapping the icon “Starbub she says it’s missing the mushrooms” “mushrooms? oh dang i forgot them” he asks frowning turning to look at the recipe. Smacking his forehead he pulls the shitake mushrooms from his inventory and begins slicing them. 

 

'How am I supposed to know they're quality?' frowning at them he opens a a window and begins looking for hints on the forum. 'oh so I'm supposed to use taste then look them over okay...' pulling out a fork from his inventory he cuts takes a small bite from one of the dishes.'well it tastes fine now to see how well it did.'

 

picking up the container he squints at the dish using the fork to move it around the plate. 

New skill Acquired food Inspection A skill used to test the Quality of a dish can also be used to test for poison

New Dish Inspected braised venison.

 dish rank : D  

Recommendation: the dish has overcooked mushrooms and undercooked Potatoes.

'wait braised venison, not venison and raspberry sauce wheres the raspberry jam?' he thinks looking back at the dish. turning to the table he picks up the raspberry jam and pours a little on to the plate and tries the dish again. nodding to himself he begins  inspecting the dish 

New Dish Inspected Venison with Raspberry sauce

 dish rank : D

Recommendation: Consider adding the mushrooms should be added later, consider adding the potatoes and carrots earlier.

 

frowning at the dish he places the container on the table while taking out a spoon pouring a little raspberry jam

New Dish Inspected Raspberry Jam

 dish rank : D

Recommendation: Consider using a different sweetener

Nodding he sits the bottle back on the table. Turning to the pot he places two more roeven stakes on it and sits it on the store. Pulling the bowl holding the carrots and potato toward the pot he gently pours a few pieces of them into it. 

 

Stepping back to the table he pulls the bowl holding mushrooms from it and makes his way back to the pot. Taking the mushrooms he adds them to the pot ad lightly sturs them in before placing it into the oven. 

 

Stepping back from the stove he spots a small timer. ‘Hmm, I wonder if the recipe has a time written down.’ Shrugging he pulls the pot from the stove placing the stakes into containers he then adds raspberry jam. taking a spoon he samples a bit of the dish. 

 

Dish inspected:Venison and Raspberry sauce.

Rank: C 

Recommendations: consider cooking the meat for a shorter amount of time.

 

‘Finally’ nodding to himself Asher places one of the containers in his inventory. Pulling out a few more stakes Asher begins making the dishes he needs as well as four extra.  Packing the Containers into his inventory he notes his social tab blinking. ‘huh?’ opening it he's greeted by Gavynne 

 

“Starbud did you want me to wait here or come back to camp?” he asks upon seeing Asher’s image appear in the window. “Wait, there I’ll make my way over after I take these to Brain,” says Asher, cleans out the pot. "Alright then  I'll. just meet you here,” he says closing the window as  Asher places the pot in his inventory. 

 

Turning back to the fire pit He uses the spade to pull the mini stove free sitting it on a large rock next to the pond. “ Yuki can you take care of the fire pit please”  nodding Yuki spray’s a jet of water at the pit snuffing out the flame. 

Hiss

Watching as the flame ember slowly stops steaming. He takes his spade and pulls it from the base of the pit. Sliding it into its bag and he places it in his inventory.

Turing from the campsite he picks his way threw the trees and back onto the path. Following the path, he passes Herbs and Mists and crosses over to the main path to Sunmist. Passing threw the trees he dodges around the official campsites and passes into town. Winding around the blacksmiths and crossing past Rey’s He crosses the square and enters into The Amused Narcissus

“ you actually made it back!” greets Sue from behind the register as he comes there's the door. “yes it took a while to find the ingredients.” He explains shifting away from her. “ alright just a sec” She says waving away his explanation as she walks into the kitchen. 

Shrugging Asher takes a seat at a table near the register. 

 

Clack .

Turning toward the sound asher watches as Brain makes his way over. "So your done huh took you long enough." He says motioning for Asher to hand over the dishes. Taking the containers from his inventory he passes Brian the boxes. 

"Hmm lets see..." Brain says Looking threw the containers. 

Quest complete C is a passing grade 

Reward:  100exp +10gp 10c

"Alright I'm going to need the letters from where you learned to cook originally" "um so you won't just decide from the dishes?" Asks Asher shifting away from Brian. "Nope I just didn't want to cook these. Anyway recommendation letters" Brain demands hand held out to Asher. "Alright here" he says, frowning at him Asher pulls the letters from his inventory nd passes him the one from Orion.

"Hmm this is not from a cook... Yea no hand over the letter from the person who taught you to cook." Says Brian tossing the letter back on the table.  "Fine" he says passing the letters from Mike and Mari to him. "Hmm yea no I'm not teaching you anything there's no way.." Brain says tossing the letter back on the table "Why I finished your quest?" "doesn't matter I'm not teaching you"  "Ehh?"  “I’m not going to teach you now shew” he says waving Asher a way  while walking back to the kitchen. 

Huffing  Asher sits back in his seat ‘ugh at least I’ve talked to Leirah already’. Heaving himself from his seat he marches out of the Amused Narcissus and out into the crowded streets.

6