Ch 43
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“what is it that you want me to help you with?” “we got a quest to bring someone a few high quality wolf pelts” “And you couldn’t get them yourself? Did you ask your boyfriend for help?” “well he’s coming so is Keria but wee need to get twenty pelts.” she huffs rolling her eyes as they make their way toward the inn.

“what ever where are they then and who even is Keria?” he mutters as She leads him into the building.  “they should be here ” she says motioning to the small rental workshop.  

Knock knock  

“Your back finally?” comes a voice as female elf pops the door open. “yeah he was “eating” with Millo” she mutters stepping inside. “well that's convenient I just finished dipping my arrows.” she says pulling a leather quiver from one of the work benches.

“Is that  poison any good?” Grea asks as she picks up her small dagger from the table. “never mind this will do a decent amount of damage.” She mutters looking over the status affects as Keria begins packing up the vials.   

“what poison?”  Gavynne asks watching as Grea holsters the dagger and tightens her gloves. “We got it from the market. Where's your staff?” explains Keria pulling her bow out of her inventory. “Lets get going the quest is due in three in game days” mutter Jupiture pushing off the wall.  

Nodding they fallow him out of the inn “what drops does the guild need from these again?” “they want the fangs and daggers”  “alright lets split those between us and Gavynne have can what’s left?” “so the claws?” “yeah it’s not like we can do much with them and the guild doesn’t want them so” “ye makes since not like they’d sale for much either.”  

“Gavynne you can have the claws but everything goes to us.” Grea says as Keria takes aim where a flash of gray through a nearby group of bushes  in clearing. ‘Is that even a wolf?’  Gavynne thinks as Keria’s arrow races through the trees.

Chasing after the arrow Gavynne ducks under a low hanging branch just escaping the tackle of a lager gray wolf.  ‘Oh sn-’ rolling in to a crouch Gavynne narrowly escapes two other wolves.  

Plink Thud

‘At least Keria’s helping  what even is Jupiture doing?’  Gavynne thinks glancing over his shoulder as arrows take out two of them. Turning toward the approaching wolf He hefts his sword as it lunges at him spearing it in the side.

‘Sheesh got to remember Starbub’s not here’ pulling a redmist free from his inventory he quickly downs it.  Side stepping the next lunge he plows his sword into the wolfs throat letting it’s momentum carry it along the blade. ‘oh that’s what there doing’ he thinks sighing as he spots Grea casting   an array of blessings on Jupiture.

Rolling his eye he begins slinking through the clearing. “huh where’d they wolves go?”  Grea mutters as she follows them into the clearing. “there was only three there” states Keria crouching in the grass. “did you find something?” Asks Gavynne  seeing her look off to their right.

 “some prints”  she says motioning to a slight indent in the grass. “ What's so important about a print?” huffs Grea “the wolves we’re hunting aren’t supposed to be that big” explains Jupiture frowning at the mark.  “should we follow them or…” starts Gavynne” Nah we should just keep looking for more wolves.

“Alright then lets get going there should be more around here” Keria says motioning for them to follow her.  Nodding Gavynne begins looking around ‘there gray right so maybe that.’ he thinks spotting a flash of gray disappearing into trees on the far right.  Tapping Keria he motions after it before taking off after it.

 Weaving through the trees they leave  Jupiture and Grea whispering in the clearing. Chasing the wolf they finally corner it at the bank  of a river.   As Gavynne advances on the wolf Keria fires an arrow to keep it from trying to cross the river. “Step back Gavynne!”  she calls as she tosses a black token at the wolf.

Click clack!

“what is that?” he asks jumping back as the token opens into a large spike trap sending an array of spikes into the wolf. “Its a  frailer trap one of the few traps she can make. It should be dead soon” say Grea stepping around keria. “a frailer trap huh where did she even… wait is she a hunter?”

“yeah I figured it’d be easier since Jupiture said told use about the tailors in the guild.” Keria explains while cleaning the trap after freeing the wolfs carcass. “oh really well that's usef-”

Rustle rustle

Looking up at the sound they see three wolves advancing toward the opposite of the river. “do you think you can hit them?” he asks watching as they begin wading into the water. “I should be able to” she says notching an arrow and taking aim.

Thump thud splash

Readying his sword he watches as she nails one of the three downing it. Nodding he swipes at one as it jump out of the water. Stepping to his right he move out of range of the last on as it jumps toward him. An arrow passes just as the wolf lands embedding itself in the wolfs head. Cling! 

Glancing toward the sound he sees Jupiture holding off a wolf as Grea begins applying a large blessing. Slinking through the trees he makes his way to the wolfs flank. Thrusting out his sward he pierces its side drawing its attention. As Jupiture cleaves off its head. “Well that leaves two more.” mutters Keria as Grea casts a party heal.

 Awoo!

“or not lets see” says Gavynne racing toward the howl. Weaving through the trees he finds himself back in the clearing. ’huh maybe this way?’ frowning he follows the large set of prints.  

Rustle grr

 ‘Dang!’ turning toward the sound he shifts back as a wolf rushes him.  Barley stepping out of its reach he ducks as a second wolf dives toward him from his left. “Oi don’t run off on your-” Scrambling to his feet Gavynne steps between Grea and the wolves.

Cling

  Blocking one he begins Crowding her further into the trees as he pushes  one away from them.  “did you find hi- never mind” Notching a arrow Keria begins fires a it in to the flank of an advancing wolf.   Seeing the wolf turn toward his right Gavynne thrusts his blade into the side of it’s neck.

Whine

Watching its companion fall to Gavynne's blade  The last wolf begins to retreat further into the forest. “ oh no you don’t ” huffs Jupiture  Lumbering up behind it. Taking his sword he cleaves it’s head from its body.

“lets get back to that NPC’ Grea sighs nodding the all weave through the trees making their way back to the road. Following the road they wonder through the crowded street making their way to the camp area. Ambling up to a cabin at the edge of the area Jupiture taps on the door. “what do you want” calls a male voice.

Rumble, clatter

 “we’ve got the pelts you wanted.” he says as the door is pushed open. “ah very good let see them” says a male Draft nodding stepping out of  the doorway he motions for Jupiture to hand them over. Nodding he pass over the plets

Quest complete  hunter’s  proof

Reward 1000XP +60GP with Gail  800C  

   “alright you can have these Gavynne” mutters Grea passing him a small bag be for turing back onto the road.  “we’re going take these back to the guild  see ya” says Keria following Grea and Jupiture back into the crowds. ‘Hmm wonder what Starbub’s been up to’  he thinks wondering back on to the road.

Ambling through the crowd he spots Grea at large ware house not from the capping ground.  ‘hmm must be for their guild.’ he thinks as he walks up behind them catching a glimpse of rows upon rows  of shelves. “we’ve got ten silver daggers and one hundred wolfs teeth.” “You must have went wolf hunting then... Alright you’ve gained thirty guild points and a members badge. With those you ca-” says a soft baraton voice just as the door closes. ‘knew it any way’ Opening his socail tab he begins looking    

 

 

 

1