Chapter 6: Power Restored
127 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[[What's up with these pointlessly high specs!!]]

What am I supposed to do conquer the world or something! Why are these even here in the first place! yeah, I understand this place has something to do with the military but this is just obsessive! There are literally thousands of these things here! More importantly why was all of this left unguarded!?

Well on another note looks like I got a body I can use to work on the reactor. and thousands to spare ...

Powering up one of the Infantry Drones I begin the process of transferring my consciousness.

My vision blacks out for a second and is charged to the perspective of the infantry drone.

I slowly raise my hand in front of my face and make a fist. there is a slight delay in moving my body compared to my intentions but its possible. Testing out my legs I take a few steps relying heavily on my drones built-in navigation system. Excited about finally being able to interact with the physical world I rush around looking for something I can hold on to. my eyes meet with the drones assault rifle, it is laying on the floor so I must have dropped it without realizing. I bend down and pick the weapon up but much to my dissatisfaction there is no sense of touch. This is only to be expected after all this body is made of metal expecting to be able to feel anything at all is a bit of a stretch. but just being able to pick something up at all and use hold it is already quite rewarding.

Now time to test If I can use tools. Luckily enough I already have one on me. gripping the gun's handle with my finger on the trigger a HUD pops up in my vision displaying a targeting reticle and highlighting objects in my surroundings. My vision clearly displays the surrounding targets as friendly but I don't care and imminently aim at the head of the drone next to me and pull the trigger. the gun starts flashing alongside an explosive noise and the drone is shredded beyond recognition.

The destroyed drone collapses to the ground, its head slowly turns in my direction as the light of its photoreceptors slowly fades. 

[[Thank you for your sacrifice]] with this I now know I can use tools. 

In celebration, I unload another 2 clips on the collapsed drone before making my way towards the reactor.

What thinks I'm Cruel? Did I commit Robocyde? ohh please it was a warbot it was literally made to destroy or be destroyed. I will recycle its parts latter. That is how you pay respects to a machine, leave nothing to waste.

Exiting the storage area and walking through the production facility I arrive at the main lift and head towards the 4th floor.

walking through the maze of pipes, wires, and tunnels that is the fourth floor I make my way to the Fusion Reactor. Luckily I find the Fusion Core I created was already there waiting for me. I approach the receptacle of the delivery system I input the relevant access codes to release the core and make my way towards the reactor. 

The Fusion reactor is 2 stories tall and looks like it is straight out of a sci-fi movie. making my way towards center of the reactor I use the main console to deactivate the gravity generators in the core room. Opening the reactor shielding I walk inside the core room, the interior is shaped like a sphere with many protruding pillars (the gravity generators) facing the center of the room. Reaching the center of the room I arrive at a central column that should contain the radioactive plasma by lies empty. I begin the extraction process of the old core slowly the gas in the central column is compressed into an empty core. Once the extraction process is finished I remove the old core and replaced it with the new core and transfer its contents into the central chamber. Now all that's left to do is reactivate the reactor.

Picking up the depleted core container I leave the core room and activate the radiation seal behind me. using the console I begin the reactor startup sequence. 


Reactor startup sequence initiated

Replacement Radioactive Isotope detected

Checking radiation shield: ACTIVE

Activating gravity generators: compressing Isotope

Begining heating process: 10%  25% 28% 40% 80% 100%

The isotope has reached plasmoid stage

Radiation Sheild Holding

Reactor Operating at 100%


 

It is done. With this, I can continue on without having to worry about suddenly running out of power and dying for now.

I will see about getting the other reactors working latter

2