Chapter 9: Plan And New Robotics
125 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I now have a goal to work towards an objective that will define me and who I will become. But Terraforming a planet is no simple task its complex, time-consuming, and will require a myriad of new technologies if I am to succeed. There is also the question of what kind of world I want to make. The Earth is devastated, and it is impossible to return the world back to how it was before the apocalypse some life will never return….

But before I can truly begin considering how to heal the world there are some things I need to do.

My first step towards my goal will be to establish my foundation in this new world. Right now, I have Nexus, but the facility has long outlived its expected lifetime and has fallen into heavy disrepair. With the state my current home is in it is only a matter of time until something breaks or tunnels start collapsing. I need a more permanent base of operations more tailored to my needs.

With a thought I direct 30 recon drones to the manufacturing bay, equip them with prospecting equipment and send them to scout the surroundings. I need to get a lay of the land and identify new potential base locations. The EEC central database says Nexus is located in central Europe, but a lot can change over 3,000 years, the world outside may be completely different from what is in the records.

While the Modified Q-x43 Recon Drones are out exploring the world, I spend the next week repairing Nexus. I reinforced tunnels, repaired assembly machines, fixed the secondary fusion reactor as well as other mission-critical systems.

Most importantly though during the past week, I have designed a fleet of new robotics that will serve as my hands and feet in this new world.


New Drones:

W-t98 Worker Drone: Multi-purpose humanoid worker drone. Based on the design of the X-t21 combat drone the W-t98 features and more compact and simplified design. Equipped with miniaturized plasma cutters and wielders in their fingers alongside the ability to use tools these drones make excellent construction workers.  These drones also function as part of a hive mind network ensuring maximum workplace efficacy and productivity.

M-s22 Mining Drone: Humanoid mining drone based on the X-t21 combat drone. These drones are equipped with built-in night-vision sensors, seismic sensors, natural gas sensors, ore detectors, and high durability heat resistant armor. These drones function as part of a hive mind directed by a central VI ensuring maximum mineral yield, minimizing cave-ins.

T-M409 Behemoth dropship: Large transport dropship utilizing experimental anti-gravity engines. This expensive dropship twice the size of a Vitol dropship features a large cargo capacity and Omni-directional movement at record-setting speeds. This automated dropship is capable of making minute course corrections and in-flight adjustments.


These new drones will allow me to significantly increase the amount of influence I can exert on the world. By controlling a hive mind of worker drones I will not only be able to perform massive feet of coordination and produce structures in record time but I will also be able to make a massive automated maintenance network. Mining Drones are also very promising because it allows me to completely automate the mining process. All I have to do is identify a resource deposit send the drones there and upload the VI a mineshaft construction pattern and they do the rest.

Then there is the Behemoth dropship, I designed this dropship because wanted to develop a method of flight not reliant on atmospheric manipulation, or solid and liquid-based fuels. The technology is based on the same technology humanity used to generate directional gravity fields just modified a little. 

Now with new tools at my disposal, I am finally ready to leave my first mark on the world.

Announcement

Hey Everybody!

Sorry for the long hiatus. I have been busy with real-life things like graduating from college and whatnot. I have also taken the time to go back and review the past chapters and made some corrections. Hope you all are enjoying the story.

2