Chapter 29 – Legitimate Contentment
90 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1784c07d1a4a950c356459141731.jpg


...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 4"
"Thursday"

"??? hrs.""???"

...

...

...

A man is groaning and as he opens his eyes, the bright morning shines on windows near him as he is lying on a bed sheet made of hay under a hut. He sighs and sits, thinking about what will he do next for his family to have something to eat. 

He exits outside of the hut and goes to his work as a poor merchant selling second-handed ceramic vases and tin plates. He grabs onto his wagon full of his merchandise ready to sell to the city.

As he continues, he sees multiple low-ranking merchants also going through the gates of the city, almost in poor clothing as well. He gazes up to a sign by the gates and sees the title: "Yormford City".

He finally enters the city after paying a manageable amount of silver at the gates as a fee and observes the poor quality of buildings scattered all across the city. Houses full of broken walls and roofs, poor water and sewage facilities, and so forth. 

He places himself and his wagon behind him by his original position at the Central Plaza as usual. He continues to earn some living until sunset. After his last transaction out of his just hefty twenty customers throughout the day, he prepares to go back outside the city. Already feeling tired after the usual trading business for today, he grabs his wagon with his merchandise and proceeds to the exit gates.

...

...

Finally reached a village outside the city, he parks his wagon behind a wooden cottage and opens the entrance door. Upon opening it, he is greeted by a young boy with a huge smile.

"Haha! Hubert! How are you doing?" the man greeted his son with a hug.

"Father! Did you buy sweet potatoes again?" the young Hubert asked.

"Oh haha! Of course! Here it is!" the man grabbed a pouch and handed it to his son.

"Yipee! Mother, mother! Father bought sweet potatoes again!" the young Hubert ran to the kitchen

A woman then enters the scene with a gentle smile.

"Come on now. Let's prepare them before it gets too cold." she said.

The man enters and closes the door. He then greets the woman with a kiss.

"I'm home, my precious Perth."

 "Welcome back, dear. How's your work going?"

With a saddened expression, the man sighs, replacing it quickly with a smile.

"I will manage. Don't worry." he touched Perth's face.

Perth grabs his hand with a worriness and anxiety.

"Are you sure? Just let me know if you need help. Alright, dear?"

"I will, honey. I will."

The two then go to the kitchen for dinner and spend the evening chatting.

...

...

The next day continues as usual. The man proceeds off naturally to the city and makes his transactions just like any normal day. However, rumors are beginning to spread in the city.

Another man approaches him on his stand with a chuckle.

"Hehe. Hey Gavion! Any news about that fruit dealer from the past week?"

"Oh, him? Unfortunately, I heard that he got ambushed by some bandits in the Gargan Forest. I think their leader was that man called the Jackal."

"Him? Is he that fucker residing by the hill just near the border?"

"Yes."

"I see. What a shame. Anyways..."

His friend then gets close to him for a whisper.

"Psst! I heard some rumors that there was this one woman who could get you rich if you worked under her!"

"What? Where did you hear that humor?"

"My underground friends that were residing near the Castle told me about this. They said that a few people were secretly hired by that woman and witnesses said that the people that were hired are now living rich inside that Castle!"

Gavion lets out a chuckle.

"Hehehe. Are you seriously believing in those rumors? Come on."

"Really! Man, if this thing turns out to be true, I swear I will volunteer myself to work there!"

"Alright, alright, yeah, yeah. You should go back to your post."

"See you when I get rich! Haha!" his friend bid farewell.

As his friend exits the scene, Gavion lets out another sigh and continues on with his work as usual throughout the day.

...

...

...

The day was uneventful like any other day. Gavion packs his merchandise to prepare to go back home. However, as he finishes up, he hears a woman whispering nearby.

"Over here....."

Surprised, he looks in the assumed direction of the whisper, but no one is in sight. I think it is just a hallucination, he goes back to his merchandise only for the whispering to go back again.

"Over here....."

The whispering of the woman's voice continues. Surprised again, he looks in the same direction until seconds later, it replies.

"Go...."

He looks at a strange dark alleyway where the whispering is coming from.

"Hello? Is someone there?" he asked but no one replied.

"Go...."

As if the whispering voice is telling him to go inside the dark alley. With no one else around, he puts his merchandise into his secured wagon and proceeds to carefully check out the dark alleyway to see who is calling him out.

"He-Hello? Are you calling for me?"

To be sure, he grabs his hidden pocket knife for his protection. 

...

Finally, inside the dark alleyway, the whispering stops, and all of a sudden, he feels extremely tired and sleepy.

"Wha-...." he fumbles down to the ground. He tries to stand straight but is unable to do so for some reason. With a knee on the ground and a hand on his pocket knife, he struggles to pay attention to what is in front of him.

*Fufu~ Look's like my hunch is correct~ You will be perfect for the role~" 

The woman then presented herself, appearing herself out of the shadows. 

"Wh-Who are you?..." still struggling to stand and slowly looks at the woman. He sees a very gorgeous woman dressed in a red gown and black blouse, with a black eyepatch on her left eye. 

*Ahh~ Do not worry~ I will take good care of you~~" the woman smiled with her eyes glowing red, releasing a subtle aura that made Gavion lose consciousness.

...

...

...

As Gavion slowly opens his eyes, he is greeted by the same woman on top of him, fully naked, in a well-dimmed room. Her alluring aura made him very paralyzed from top[ to bottom, unable to say a word. Noticing him waking up, the woman smiles at him and puts a finger on his closed lips, and starts to hump him down. 

The intense amount of lust and allure coming from the woman made Gavion so pleasured and relaxed, that he almost forgot that he had something honest and loyal in his life - his family.

Suddenly remembering his family, a burst of energy appeared out of Gavion. One by one he struggles to move every single part of his body out of the woman's control until he finally manages to escape and shoves the woman away out of the bed. He pants heavily and is very confused as to what is happening right now that he escapes out of her control. Realization hits him that he had been raped by the woman and confronts her about it.

"H-HOW COULD YOU! YOU WHORE BITCH!"

Surprisingly, the woman just chuckles.

"Fufufu~ My hunch is correct at last!~ YOU are the one whom I've been looking for!~" 

"WHA=WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" 

The woman stands up, facing her back to him.

"Oh sweetie~ I've been desperately looking for someone ~ who can outmatch my ~ fufu ~ abilities." she smirked.

"Abilities? What do you mean?"

The woman then faces him with her left eye glowing red. In an instant, Gavion again feels the intense allure aura of lust emerging from her. He tries to go for the door but the aura gets to him first. Like a parasite leeching, he feels the intense lustful emotion flowing into his body. But just after a few struggles, he again escapes her hypnotic aura.

 "That ~ sweetie ~ Fufufu ~."

Gasping for air, he stumbles on the floor. 

*pant* *pant* "Shit...." *pant* "You...bitch"

His chin was then gently grabbed by her which made him stare at her glowing eye.

"Now ~ Let's go back from where we left, hm? Fufufufufu~ " as the last words Gavion heard before losing consciousness once again.

...

...

...

Morning comes. Perth is still worrying that her husband hasn't come back home. She hasn't slept throughout the night to wait for him. A door opens and the young Hubert greets his mom with a yawn.

"Good morning mom." he greeted while brushing his eyes. He then looks around and notices that his dad still isn't back yet.

"Huh? Where's dad?"

With a look of anxiousness, she goes towards Hubert and orders him to just help him prepare the breakfast. When suddenly, another knock comes at the front door followed by a man's voice.

"Perth? Are you there?"

Noticing the man's voice, Perth quickly rushes towards the front door and opens it, revealing Gavion looking kind of gloomy.

"HONEY!" she quickly hugged him. 

"I was quite afraid of what may happen to you! What took you so long?! You're supposed to come back home last night!" 

"Oh~Haha. Yo-You see - " he stopped and his pupils began to shrink in horror and disgust as he suddenly remembered what happened to him between that woman from last night. He gently pushes aside his wife and pukes at a nearby wall.

"A-ARE YOU OKAY?! WHAT HAPPENED?!"

"Ahh..D-Don't worry. I-I was just invited by one of my friends for a drink and had a hangover."

"I-Is that so? Hurry and come inside! Let's get you washed up!" she insisted.

He and Perth go inside the house where he is shortly greeted by his son in the dining room for breakfast. The day goes on uneventfully and Gavion prepares once again for his work outside. 

After he bids farewell to his family, he sets out towards the city. Unbeknownst to his family, he isn't going to work in the city, but instead, going back to the red woman from last night to make out again due to a certain "deal" with her that he had to abide by.

Back inside the red woman's room, while having sexual intercourse with her again, Gavion is laid back on the bed with the woman on top, feeling intense pleasure. But, he has what's in his mind, an inexcusable reason why he goes back to her. Not because of lust - instead, it's the opposite.

He remembered after he woke up last night about their deal and reminiscence it every time he had sexual intercourse with her to constantly remind him that there was something he was fighting for.

"You woken up~ Fufu~" the woman greeted him while hugging him fully naked on the bed. In an instant, Gavion gets out of bed and sees that it's now daytime. He quickly finds his clothes on.

"I-I can't believe you're doing this!" he groaned as he hastily put his clothes on.

"Oh don't be like that sweetie~ You'll be back, I'm sure of it~ "

"Don't joke with me like that! I'm going to report you!"

"Fufufu~ Really now? Then how about we make a deal? You have your family, am I right?~"

Gavion stops in his tracks and stares angrily at her.

"Don't you ever harm them!"

"Fufufu~ No I'm not~ In fact, I was going to help you all instead."

"What do you mean?"

The woman gets up and flicks her finger, casting a quick burst of energy that makes her wear her red dress back. After that, she goes towards the window and stares down at the city.

"If there was one thing I would describe the current state of this city, it would be "rotten"..."

"People are lacking passion for everything. They don't care about anything else besides just living."

Thinking that she was mocking the poor people of the city, Gavion makes a sudden statement.

"If there's something wrong with that, it would be because of the corrupt officials."

The woman looks at him with a smile.

"Fufufu~ Exactly~."

"So? How does that have to do with that deal you're talking about?"

"Oh? ~ So now you're ready to negotiate with me??"

"I would rather die dealing with you rather than letting my family involved in this."

"Fufufu~ A very kind and courageous father~ The deal is that you're going to help me establish a wealthy and stable economy in this city."

Then, short silence.

"So? What's your answer?~~"

"Wait. I've got questions to ask first."

"Sure~ I will give you only three questions~ Fufu~" she went to the bed to sit.

"Firstly, why me and not the corrupt officials in the government? I'm sure you will have enough of a good head start with them."

"Second, why do you want this city to be rich?"

"And lastly, what would I have to do if I accepted your offer?"

The woman thinks for a moment, posing elegantly on the bed.

"You remembered that I was looking for someone who could outmatch my lust, right? That doesn't include those corrupt pigs as you mentioned and I also tried that before. But I just end up them being too attached for me and not to the upbringing of the economy."

"I want this city to be rich for one reason ~ Fufu.."

"And what is that?" asked Gavion.

"Oop~ That is the fourth question~ Fufu~ Don't worry, sweetie. It is going to be a win-win for us in the end~ You'll see~"

"Tsk. Fine."

"Then, lastly is that you just have to come back here every day. I will be going to teach and guide you~ Fufu~"

In deep thought about her answers, he hesitated for a while about his decision. Though you already know what happens next as evidenced by the muffled groaning and moaning coming inside the woman's room.

...

...

...

Night comes and Gavion goes back to his family once again, but this time, feeling a bit of relief. He happily spends his time with his family every day without them knowing that he's been dealing with the red woman behind their backs. 

This goes on for months and years, followed by the gradual shift and increase of wealth and economy as the red woman promised. But this comes at a price as Perth and Hubert notice that their father has been spending less and less time with them. Though they just think that their father was only working hard for them to provide for their needs and wants, they can't ignore his behavior towards them as well.

One night, he comes back from "work" as usual. But as soon as he steps in front of the door, he suddenly forgets why he is there. He thinks for a while but all he thinks about is the red woman again. Then the door opens by his wife who then greets him and behind her is Hubert.

"Hey, honey! You're back! Me and Hubert were just going to the market to buy some meat for dinner!" she said.

Gavion looks at them for a moment and he feels a weak headache all of a sudden.

"Hu-Hubert?" he groaned.

"Yes. Don't worry we will be back soon. But, are you alright? You look like you need some rest not. Go inside and wait for us, alright?" she said as she and Hubert went outside to the market.

Gavion makes his way to the living room and thinks about why he suddenly forgets his family for a while.

"Wh-What is happening?" he asked himself anxiously.

"Did I forget my family there for a second? Shit. I'm maybe just thinking things because of stress. I need to get some proper sleep." he concluded.

Unfortunately, it wasn't due to stress. So he feels the same thing all over again the next day, and the next day, for weeks and months, not realizing the "dementia" he is having, like a memory loop that keeps on rewinding and repeating forever.

...

...

...

A few years have passed. On a cold evening inside their household, Hubert and his mom are preparing for Hubert's prom at his school.

"Hey, mom." called Hubert who is now eighteen years old to his mother while wearing a new black suit for his prom night.

"What is it hon'?" replied Perth after baking some expensive cakes for his son to bring to the school prom as an indicative of being wealthy.

"Is father not going to set me off again like last year?"

"Don't worry about it hon'. I'm sure that he is working hard for us. Now that the city is becoming rich, I bet he is also doubling his efforts out there."

"Are you sure? Does he even come back home? I haven't seen him for like a month now."

"Well, he told me through his letters that he is too busy at the Castle being the new main auditor there. Because of that job, he wasn't allowed to go outside due to how sensitive his new job is."

"I-I see."

Sounds of horses appear outside and a butler enters inside of the room.

"Rickenson. You're finally here." said Perth to the butler.

"Indeed, madam. So as the carriage for the young sire." bowed Rickenson.

"Well, that goes your cue. Go on or you'll be late".

Hubert checks his attire on a mirror briefly and bids farewell to his mom with the butler accompanying him to the school prom. Entering the carriage, the butler goes to drive it to the prom area.

...

...

...

At an exquisite school building where the prom will be happening, there are already plenty of people dressed in beautiful attires. Hubert and his butler arrive at the area and Hubert sets outside to greet his classmates who were waiting for him while his butler parks the carriage on a nearby lot. A short exchange of cheery greetings happens between Hubert and his friends with melodic tunes of violins and harp resonating in the background. The area is filled with these exchanges and conversations of the crowd.

But watching from a dark room out by the windows with only the moonlight and feeble light coming out of the prom event are the only illumination inside, Gavion and the red woman are standing by each other observing the crowd from below.

"Fufufu~ Look at those sweet innocent darlings~ If I could just - "

"Stop it. Do not forget our purpose of this event." said Gavion.

"Oh~! How naive am I~ It's because we need to show and promote this school to attract investors, right?"

Gavion walks out and grabs a paper on a table to read it.

"Not only that. But to also attract foreigners to study here. If we want good progress, we also need knowledge from other nations as well." he said.

"Fufufu~ How smart- "

Shortly while observing the crowd, the woman notices Hubert having a cheery conversation with his friends.

"Ooooh!~ If isn't the young man Hubert~ Fufu~ "

"Hubert?" Gavion notices and walks toward the window.

".......who is he?" he questioned her.

"Hm? Did you forget about him again already? Fufufu~ He's your son~~" she smiled.

"...son..."

In an instant, a rush of flashbacks occurs inside Gavion's head. Various memories of him - together with his family. The sudden intense rush of flashbacks makes him stumble to the ground feeling intense headaches.

"AAAAARRGHH!!!"

 The woman sighs and goes to him with a pat on the head.

"Fufu~ Look's like there's no helping it." she cast a spell that made his flashbacks stop.

The flashbacks fade away and Gavion remembers his family once again.

"Hu-Hubert? Why is he doing this here at this place? He's still a young boy!"

"The image of him still being that young hasn't left your mind - just like last time. I'm now seeing the side effects of the magic I lend to you."

"E-Effects?What do you mean? Did you also plan this?!" he angrily asked her.

 "Fufu oh goodness no~ Like I said before, darling. I did not know the side effects of someone who withstands me. It is my first time seeing this as well."

Gavion stands up and looks out to the window and sees the current Hubert.

"I-Is he- ARRRRGHH!" when he again feels intense headaches due to flashbacks.

"And one more thing I noticed is that whenever you see anyone in your family, you start to feel those intense headaches and remember who they are again." she started to make her way towards him and cast another spell on him.

"To not get too attached to them, I'll have you sleep for a while~ Okay?~" she smiled as Gavion went to the floor unconscious.

"Cause I need you to get busy for me~~ Fufufufu~ "

...

...

...

".........Hon'........Hon'........." an echo with the voice of Perth in pure darkness resonates.

"Who is there? Is that you, honey?" Gavion shouted.

"...I'm here.....come...Me and Hubert are waiting for you......"

He turns around and sees two silhouettes - one resembles a woman and one resembles a boy.

"Honey! Hubert!" he started to run towards them. But in an instant, the silhouettes became different - a silhouette of a man wearing a suit, fedora, and a bird mask, and a silhouette of a huge unknown "creature" behind the latter.

"WHA=WHAT HAPPENED? WHO ARE YOU?" he shouted.

Still retaining the voice of his wife, the man speaks.

"...what do you mean? We are your family!....come....let's go back home......"

"...but do not forget...." the voice changed to a manlier and distorted tone. Gavion abruptly halts and a red glow slowly illuminates the silhouettes which reveal their true appearances. His pupils shrink in horror as he sees:

 

 

 

 

 

"̵̨̿̃.̸̳̞͗.̴̯̞́̐̚.̴̹̋̈́.̷͇̜̙̿̂.̶̪͍̞̃.̸̖̀͝ͅ.̴͖̹̀͘F̵̞̔͗U̵͚̝̗͒́T̶̢̟̐U̴̟̓͘Ȓ̵͕̱͌U̶̩̤͆M̸̳̹̜̉ ̴̡͙̈́͠ͅF̸̤̈͘U̴̙̞̰͒̆͝R̵̟͊Â̸͉͎͓Ť̷̢̯̹̈́U̴̜̻͛R̸̢̛̹͝ ̸̦̉͌ ̴̬̘̜͋͑̚ ̶̫͙̕ ̴̪̳̐̐ͅ ̵͉͗̅̕,̸̧̄͒ ̸̨̒ ̷̻͗ ̸̳͇̃͜ ̴̡̣͓̌̊̈ ̴̻̑̏̉ ̷̠̱̳̓͛̈ ̷̤̿̓ ̷͖̋ ̶̨͉͛̇G̸̮̟̋͘a̵̲̘̾͌̕v̶̦̯̫͋̿̄ï̶̩͘͝ȏ̸͕̝̣͠n̷͍͆͜.̷̢̼̖͑̈́͊.̴̣̗͍̎.̶̺̜̙̐͋̑.̴̯̺͈̍͘͝"̷̧̣͓̔͘

 

 

̴̯̺͈̍͘͝"̷̧̣͓̔͘

 

 

"̵̛̗͕͘.̸̙̝̈́.̴̘͎͓̂͘.̵̖̟̳̒.̷͖͎̆̈́̕͜.̷̼͉̅̌.̶̧̨̩̈́.̶̫̼͖̇̋͝H̷̤̣̆͛̀ͅÁ̷̖̌͝H̵̰̐A̸͓̓̋̂H̵̠͔͌́͗Ä̸̘̈́Ḧ̴͉ͅÄ̷̗̬́͜H̴̙̆̂͝A̶̺͍̔̈̆H̸̫͂̄͘͜A̶̪̻͝H̸͓̲̟̆̍Ä̸̤̭̥́͘H̶̰̤̃̕Ä̷͍́̈͝H̵̩̓̐Ā̷͇̺̄̈́ͅḦ̵̡̫̗́̀A̵̩͂̍Ḧ̴͔̥̽Ä̸̩͙̂͜H̵̰̩͐̌͛Å̸̰̓H̷̤̘͗̓͗A̴̜͍͓̕H̷̩̃A̸̖̾̑.̸̡̰̓͜.̶̡̝̆̀.̶̣̦̑͂͝.̵̳͊̈́.̵̫̯̈̚.̶̨͍̦̈.̷̠̈́̐.̴̖̥̝͑"̵̫̞̔

...

"HAHHHG!" he quickly awoke panting heavily. He looks beside him and sees the red woman and both of them are fully naked. He checks out the time and calendar and notices that it is now the current timeline.

"Am I dreaming things now? I must be very tired and stressed out lately." he thought again to himself. He gets up and starts putting on his suit for the day. The woman wakes up and yawns.

"You're early again~ Fufu~ Are you heading somewhere?"

"Yes. I'm going to check with the Watchers again. I think there are some connections between the disappearance of Perth and Hubert, with the disappearance of some of my Watchers." he stoically said as he exited out of the room.

"Fufu~ Take careeee~~"

...

...

...

Gavion then goes to a meeting with the Watchers and right after the meeting, a Watcher whispers to him telling him that someone wants to see him.

"And who that might be?" asked Gavion.

"He called himself the "Jigsaw", your sire." replied the Watcher.

"Jigsaw? Isn't he the so-called "Genius Professor" who's been teaching at our prestigious academy?"

"The same school that Hubert attended as well." he thought to himself.

"Yes, sire. Due to his great intelligence, he was quickly accepted to the academy. He also said that he longly wants to talk with you regarding education."

"I see. I do have some spare time left before going to a separate meeting. Tell to him meet me by the courtyard.

"Understood." the Watcher disappears in an instant, leaving Gavion alone to finish things up inside the room.

...

...

...

As he finishes, he now walks toward the courtyard only to meet a crowd of people having a chatter at an individual with a strange attire. They notice Gavion and make way for him. As Gavion takes a gander at that individual, his stomach shrinks as he recognizes the same appearance of the man in his dream earlier.

As Gavion takes a gander at that individual, his stomach shrinks as he recognizes the same appearance of the man in his dream earlier

"Wha-Who....are you?...." he stuttered as if he saw a ghost. 

"A pleasant afternoon to you, Mr. Millionaire - Gavion DeFranc. I'm Jigsaw. Humble meeting you, Your Highness." he bowed.

Then silence as Gavion can't comprehend why he saw the allegedly same man from his dream. Confused, he asks a question with a cold face.

"...where is that demon?...."

Jigsaw flinches for a split second and raises his head. 

"A demon you say? Forgive me, Your Highness. I do not know this "demon" you're talking about."

Gavion then slowly walks towards him with a hint of hostility when a couple of Watchers suddenly appear out of nowhere and start dispersing the surrounding people nearby.

"I will ask you once again. Where. Is. The. Demon?"

The Watchers then surround Jigsaw as Gavion continues to stare at him with cold eyes.

"I will also say again. I know no demons - YOUR HIGHNESSJigsaw's eyes began to glow in red.

Suddenly, an explosion occurs followed by a cloud of smoke that quickly spreads out in the entire area. The Watchers try to cast some spells but are surprised that their magic is not working. Due to this, they escort Gavion out of the area. At the same time, Jigsaw disappeared as well. As the smoke cleared, all of the Watchers could now use their magic and an alert was dispatched right away to find Jigsaw

"Hahaha. Not too shabby!" a demon from the DELTA Group smiled towards Jigsaw inside a black void.

"I told you that letting him see us here through his dreams is a bad idea." said Jigsaw.

"HAHAHAHA! Oh, come on! It is still a nice prank! Besides - " the demon opened a portal back to the 7th Cavalry Followers bunker, with the rest waiting for them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" = things will be more exciting from now on! Hehehehe. "

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f584e37656c705262536d526358413d3d2d313338323339313334342e313763333661666632653861663533653530343831383037313830362e6a7067

...

...

...



[I WILL BE BACK SOOON! YEY :) For now here's a new chapter.]

Soul Energy :

[ Level 4 ]

+ Lesser Key Of Sollom
+ Lesser Cache Of Hollom

 

Soul Count :

[ Counting... ]

 

Spawn Count:

[ Counting... ]

= 1 Major General
-Chief of Main Operations

= 2 Brigadier Generals
-Chief of General Intelligence Department
-Chief of Special Operations

= 1 Colonel
-Chief of Air Operations

= ??? Infantry Units

= ??? Special Forces



UPCOMING NEXT CHAPTER:

Chapter 30 - Regret

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f455f4944447a637a5747776f64413d3d2d313338323339313334342e313763333662356433653764323039333235393837303036303430332e6a7067

4