Chapter 65- Huntress’s attack
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bold watched the full moon from outside of the house. How it illuminated the surrounding trees and bushes. The slick water of the pool glistered in the dark like diamonds. The wind blew past the hazy plains and caressed his whole body. It was a beautiful silent night. Regardless of the tragedy and calamity that befell on them, nature seemed as pleasant and humble as ever. Bold could only sigh in grief and let himself rest on the cold grass beneath him.

The stars, they look like sugar cubes Hehe, sugar cubes. If only I could take a grab at one of them. Ugh, is it even the right time to think of stuff like this?  But then again, what else can I do besides making myself busy.

Almost as if it was just imagination, a red fiery bird flung through the air above him. Bold quickly got up and searched for the bird, gazing around his surroundings. But nothing. The bird moved amazingly fast. Maybe it already past their house and headed for the faraway land.

What was that? An anima? I thought they couldn’t enter the town.   Maybe it really was just imagination? Ahh, who knows. 

But unfortunately for Bold, it was not. The phoenix was not simply wandering around. It had already reached where it wanted to. Its target was already inside the house which Bold's gang resided in. The phoenix surveyed the house and swiftly entered through the chimney and exited into the living room. It flew into the dining swiftly.

Emma and Gabi were preparing dinner therefore they did not notice the phoenix.  Using that as an opportunity the phoenix silently flew around the room until it found a couch in the corner of the room to land behind. The phoenix now changed itself, shapeshifted back into its original form. A woman with long wavy black hair and deep red eyes emerged from what was left of the phoenix. Moving her hand to her bag she pulled out the tracking device.

She was now extremely close to the treasure but that made it a must that she should be all the more careful. She always had the tendency to get prideful and make uncanny mistakes when things went too well for her. The device clearly showed that the gem was in this room, with the two girls who were just a few meters away from her.  It was quite unfortunate for the two girls she thought. 

Skillfully taking down her prey from the shadows, one by one. This was her specialty. Despite her given name being Serena, her family occasionally called her the phoenix of death. There are only few she believed that were stronger than her.  But what’s annoying was the fact she planned on heading back early.

She made a bet with her brother that she could return before his father’s sleeping schedule. She had to do what must be done. She quickly typed on her wristboard and got up to her feet. Flames of will burst on her palms and from the ashes, two red tinged pistols formed in her hands. She aimed them at the two girls and opened fire. The bullets threw fire upon landing on the bodies of the girls and seeped deep into their flesh and bones. Their bodies felt like it burned from within and they fell down.

The two were completely unaware of what was happening until their eyes locked on the mysterious lady who stood behind the couch. They tried to get up but their bodies had become frozen. Immense burning pain followed this action.

The woman casually jumped over the coach and walked towards them while putting her guns into her belt. Emma looked at her with panic but the mysterious woman did not care about the faces the victims made. It was just how things should be in her mind. She pulled Emma by the hair, threw her to the ground. And stretched her arm towards the fallen girl’s dimensional bag.

“Serpent’s strike”.

Serena instinctively rolled to the left, dodging a deadly blast of fiery snake that came for her. The blast destroyed the furniture behind her and set whatever was inside it on fire. She quickly drew both pistols and fired but Thompson went back behind the wall just in time to dodge the bullets. Ignoring the tremendous pain Emma started to slowly type on her wristboard but the woman slammed her face with her feet and stomped on her arm in which Emma let out an agonized cry.

0